***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    this is classic. well played jp:

"Once again, you're not an asshole. You just work too hard at trying to be an asshole."

:lol:

Thank a-you. I knew you'd appreciate that. Seriously....this. fuckin'. guy. :roll: :lol:
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Aaaaaannnnnd....yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IgTbK0D99A
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Thats awesome!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448

"Once again, you're not an asshole. You just work too hard at trying to be an asshole."

Thank a-you. I knew you'd appreciate that. Seriously....this. fuckin'. guy. :roll: :lol:

i'd rather be an ahole with a clue than a moron with no clue 8-)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    The Fixer wrote:
    As for the howard vs votto stuff. Judging guys on past results is part of the problem...howard peaked during his MVP year. Votto is better now with potential to improve even further...while howard's best days are behind him. He will never come close to duplicating the numbers he put up in his MVP season (which is one of many reasons why his contract is the worst in sports). The debate was always which player you would rather have. you said howard, I said votto. After 2010, its 1-0 Fixer

fair enough you may have been right wtih Votto, to be determined on that.

but do you really want to start keeping score?

phils are better with ross gload over ryan howard ; nope, 1-1
    ruben amaro is a horrible gm; nope, 1-2
    jeff carter sucks; nope, 1-3
    michael vick sucks; nope, 1-4

so Fixer shall i search for more misses or are you content with these?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

I love it. :lol:
    pjhawks wrote:

i'd rather be an ahole with a clue than a moron with no clue 8-)

You really are missing out on the point where you're not an asshole. And that you do the latter quite well actually.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    anyone see the back page of the daily news today?
    www.myspace.com

:?:

:?:

it's just a picture of two phils casually jogging out by the outfield fence...but directly behind them is a huuuge billboard on the wall of two scantially clad, hot-ass broads. it looks like a billboard for a strip club or something. daily news--always looking for new readers :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418

You used to be able to go on philly.com and blow up the Daily News front & back covers. But now they created some shitty digital version that you have to pay for and doesn't even zoom in. And they wonder why newspapers are going bankrupt. :roll:

The Daily News is almost totally MIA in the suburbs. :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Just a premature observation on my part - I think Greg Gross is going to fuck Dom Brown up royally. I'd just let the dude have at it for now. Let him just go with whatever was working before. And if it doesn't pan out, so what, no reason to purge this dude to right field on Opening Day.

And, Johnny, re: philly.com, the best part is how they play TWO pairs of video ads - one at the top of the page and one at the bottom. When the annoying sound starts you hit mute on the video at the top. And what happens? Of course it's the one at the bottom. Never knew a news company would turn into nothing more than a racket. Ridiculous - "hey, let's trick our readers!"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    damn! going on SIX HUNDRED pages! :wtf:

if championships were given for.... :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Just a premature observation on my part - I think Greg Gross is going to fuck Dom Brown up royally. I'd just let the dude have at it for now. Let him just go with whatever was working before. And if it doesn't pan out, so what, no reason to purge this dude to right field on Opening Day.

And, Johnny, re: philly.com, the best part is how they play TWO pairs of video ads - one at the top of the page and one at the bottom. When the annoying sound starts you hit mute on the video at the top. And what happens? Of course it's the one at the bottom. Never knew a news company would turn into nothing more than a racket. Ridiculous - "hey, let's trick our readers!"

Haven't really seen Dom Brown in ST yet, but seems like there's too much swing diagnosis going on. I say put Ben in there - he's solid when given the opportunity.

Philly.com is so painful just to open the website. All the stupid ads loading screw everything up. Shame - there are some good writers on there (along with the hacks like Sheridan).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Haven't really seen Dom Brown in ST yet, but seems like there's too much swing diagnosis going on. I say put Ben in there - he's solid when given the opportunity.

Philly.com is so painful just to open the website. All the stupid ads loading screw everything up. Shame - there are some good writers on there (along with the hacks like Sheridan).

i'm on philly.com all day long...but yes it is bad. i'm always having to mute my volume on my computer at work.

the picture i'm talking about is worth checking it out if possible though. i forget who the two phils were but they look like they about to hop into each girl's gigantic rack. surprised 700 level hasn't commented on it
    www.myspace.com
    i'm on philly.com all day long...but yes it is bad. i'm always having to mute my volume on my computer at work.

the picture i'm talking about is worth checking it out if possible though. i forget who the two phils were but they look like they about to hop into each girl's gigantic rack. surprised 700 level hasn't commented on it

Haha - I see it. It takes a second to figure out how they managed to make that shot somehow work with the story.

Also, error message on the website: We are currently experiencing technical difficulties that we are working diligently to resolve. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yeah, sign me right up for that Digital Daily News subscription. :roll:

Hey look. Another article citing Chase Utley's (and Jimmy Rollins') great defense. What do you know???

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/joe_sheehan/03/03/dp.combos/index.html?eref=sihp

Of course, Chase threw away 2 balls against the Dodgers, so he must be horrible. :roll:

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    As for the howard vs votto stuff. Judging guys on past results is part of the problem...howard peaked during his MVP year. Votto is better now with potential to improve even further...while howard's best days are behind him. He will never come close to duplicating the numbers he put up in his MVP season (which is one of many reasons why his contract is the worst in sports). The debate was always which player you would rather have. you said howard, I said votto. After 2010, its 1-0 Fixer

fair enough you may have been right wtih Votto, to be determined on that.

but do you really want to start keeping score?

phils are better with ross gload over ryan howard ; nope, 1-1
    ruben amaro is a horrible gm; nope, 1-2
    jeff carter sucks; nope, 1-3
    michael vick sucks; nope, 1-4

so Fixer shall i search for more misses or are you content with these?

they would have been better with gload in the playoffs.

you're also the guy that at one point said he wasn't impressed with halladay :?

and you don't think utley is above average defensively.

jeff carter is a guy whose numbers will always look better than the player he actually is (like abreu, howard, brand, iverson, etc). just look at carter's playoff numbers. yikes

I'm not getting in to the vick stuff. he is what he is...iverson in shoulder pads

You used to be able to go on philly.com and blow up the Daily News front & back covers. But now they created some shitty digital version that you have to pay for and doesn't even zoom in. And they wonder why newspapers are going bankrupt. :roll:

The Daily News is almost totally MIA in the suburbs. :evil:

yeah, the new version is annoying. If you just click on the team pages on the top of the sports section you can bypass the digital versions.

I never understood why newspapers didn't force people to pay to read their articles online. Who the hell buys a newspaper anymore? and they wonder why they're going broke
    Good to see this thread hasn't missed a beat,should be a fun year.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I don't agree with everything in this piece, but it's a nice dose of reality.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... -phillies/
    be a lot cooler if this is real. still pretty f-cking funny though
    http://twitter.com/larryfnbowa

www.myspace.com
    Jeags, I'm hittin' the Perk trail today. Ever go up the part with the ridiculous hill/incline? Man, that's gonna suck.
    Jeags, I'm hittin' the Perk trail today. Ever go up the part with the ridiculous hill/incline? Man, that's gonna suck.

north of collegeville? :think:

90% of the time i am headed south towards valley forge. there's only a few inclines around oaks that aren't too too bad.

you got a good day to get out there man. enjoy it.
    www.myspace.com
    Chase Utley has been given a cortisone injection in his ailing right knee.
    GM Ruben Amaro said the knee hadn't responded as hoped and admitted that it could be worse than the patella tendinitis that had been diagnosed. "Obviously it's a concern," Amaro said. "Hopefully this (cortisone shot) kind of gets him over the hump." Utley was able to take batting practice Saturday, but there is no timetable for his participation in spring games. For now, this shouldn't affect his availability for the start of the season, but we'll obviously have to see how the knee responds.

Thought this was worse then they lead on too. The C word is never good especially when it"s to a body part that is so important.
    Go Birds!!!!
    What has me perturbed is they don't like to give cortisone shots to that area.
    dom brown left game early. having x rays on hand...
    www.myspace.com

Yeah, apparently he finally got a hit before leaving. So hopefully it's nothing too terrible.

On an unrelated note - burning your shit now....

EDIT: Damnit. Just got the news. He broke a bone in his hand.

EDIT EDIT: Shit. It's a bone that usually requires surgery. GOD. DAMNIT.

Yeah, apparently he finally got a hit before leaving. So hopefully it's nothing too terrible.

On an unrelated note - burning your shit now....

EDIT: Damnit. Just got the news. He broke a bone in his hand.

EDIT EDIT: Shit. It's a bone that usually requires surgery. GOD. DAMNIT.

1 - Not too worried about brown. Sucks he got hurt, but could be the best thing for him. He was a mess anyway. And Francisco deserves a shot anyway IMO.

2 - I wasn't worried about Utley until I heard about the shot. Hopefully they are just experimenting on how to handle this and they can figure out how to deal with it.

That article I posted really hits home. Rollins is huge this year. I like Delwyn Young, but can you imagine a Young/Valdez middle infield??? Yikes.

3 - DVDs......YES!!!!!! CAn't f'ing wait
    2 - I wasn't worried about Utley until I heard about the shot. Hopefully they are just experimenting on how to handle this and they can figure out how to deal with it

U don't experiment with a cortisone shot. My dad has had 2 in his knee already and he's far from better. With Utley's profession this could be an injury that could hamper his career. This is serious no matter what they say all Phillies fans should be very nervous.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.