***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited August 2010
    Phillies announcers are the absolute worst. I say this every time I watch them.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Tom McCarthy: "The objective is to win the division"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    there it is gentlemen!

nobody else wants to step up, we might as well be the team to do it.

gotta take one of the next two.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    by the way---i passed out right after the balk (what the hell was he thinking??). so i was pretty fired up to see we won this morning. nice way to start the day.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    by the way---i passed out right after the balk (what the hell was he thinking??). so i was pretty fired up to see we won this morning. nice way to start the day.

that is fraud behavior.

Padres offense sucks. Lidge is a giant pu--- - hard to watch him. No way Charlie should have taken Oswalt out. They weren't scoring against him in any way. I think he only had 101 pitches at that point? should have left him out there. good to see the big boys come through with some big hits.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,312
    pjhawks wrote:
    Padres offense sucks. Lidge is a giant pu--- - hard to watch him. No way Charlie should have taken Oswalt out. They weren't scoring against him in any way. I think he only had 101 pitches at that point? should have left him out there. good to see the big boys come through with some big hits.

It was an absolutely horrendous managerial decision to take Oswalt out. You have a stud pitcher smelling the finish line in the middle of a pennant race, you let him finish it.

That "high fast ball" on the 0-2 count that hit Schumacher was such a stupid idea. Lidge doesn't have a high fastball. Throw the damn slider - that's your out pitch. He wasn't gonna hit it.

I gave up on staying up after the 9th too. Nice to pull out the win at least.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I have Atlanta winning 17 games the rest of the way with Philly winning 22. That puts us at 92 wins and ATL at 90. Boom. IF YOU WILL IT, IT IS NO DREAM.

ALSO, I probably won't be back on here until Sunday night. So.....if there's one thing, other than the above, to take from me is to get your asses to Penn's Landing on Sunday for MMJ. It will be the tits. No lie.

I hope you guys are right with these playoff predictions.

Enjoy the concert...I'm never drinking again
    edited August 2010
    Did everyone see The R6's awesome 3-6-3 double play? Now that looked like a major league first baseman! I'm so proud.

Great to see our vaunted lineup blast this upstart pitcher here... :?

Oh yeah, what is that LF fence, 6'6"? The Aladdin Bail Bonds ad is a nice touch too. I'm sorry, that ballpark is garbage. I was there, and it's easily the ugliest of the newer ballparks I've seen. Just a big pile of ugly concrete.

ha. I remember three things from the game last night. howards throw, manuel intentionally walking the go ahead run with a one run lead, and lidge's balk

SD is on my list of parks to see. I was there for work last summer and the pads were on the road (the gaslamp district is GREAT). disappointing to hear that petco isn't nice, I think it looks awesome on TV. SD and SF are the two parks I really want to visit.

I'd vote fenway as the most overrated piece of shit stadium in all of sports. oh wow, look at the big green wall. great, the rest of the stadium blows
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Phillies announcers are the absolute worst. I say this every time I watch them.

join the club brotha. your opinion is pretty much the consensus.

funny thing is that every phillies fan I know feels the same way. how can the phils organization be so oblivious to the fact that their entire fan base despises their broadcast? It boggles my mind that chris wheeler has had a job with this team for 30+ years. I don't know one phillies fan that likes that dude even a little bit. doesn't make sense.

to be fair, everyone I know loves franzke and LA on the radio. they are fantastic. the complete opposite of the TV team
    keeping my fingers crossed that mark grace isn't involved with the fox broadcast today. since he's based in Arizona and the phils are on the west coast I think we're fucked. grace is the absolute worst, he makes tim mccarver sound great
    funny game, this baseball...funny game.

get your brooms ready....and, please, step away from the ledge. we'll be fine.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

that is fraud behavior.

not when you pound a solid 15 beers for a preseason game.

diehard, the jeagler is. diehard. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    good win today, unfortunately missed the game. Hoping for the sweep now and an Atlanta loss tomorrow.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    cards got crushed last night.

how bout a sweep today?

GO PHILS
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    3-1 phils win today,Hamels goes the distance.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    STL plays 7 games against pitt and DC this week. they should make up some ground. phils need to win their division

Cards will go 3-4 in these 7 games. Take a look at their road record and Pitt's & Wash's home records.

But they have pedro feliz now!!

seriously, I think they go 5-2. They aren't playing well, but now is when they'll turn it on. Nats lost strasburg and willingham this week. 2 huge losses for them.

Cards are 2-4 so far, and losing 4-0 thru 3 1/2 innings. Maybe I gave them too much credit. I like being right. :D

Cole Hamels in his home town - I like our chances today.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Fla laying it on Atl,go marlins..................
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    What a beautiful day for a dayload. Just met Jim James while strolling down Penn's Landing, Phils on at 4, MMJ at 7. Starting out to be a bee's knees kinda day, ladies and gents.
    What a beautiful day for a dayload. Just met Jim James while strolling down Penn's Landing, Phils on at 4, MMJ at 7. Starting out to be a bee's knees kinda day, ladies and gents.

Thers is really no excuse for me not to go to this.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thers is really no excuse for me not to go to this.

Seriously. You're right there aren't you?
    confidence levels are high...
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    wow, great win Phills. Pitching has been superb. Wish the offense would start picking it up some, hopefully in LA. Can't believe the Braves came back against the Marlins though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    wow, great win Phills. Pitching has been superb. Wish the offense would start picking it up some, hopefully in LA. Can't believe the Braves came back against the Marlins though.

welcome to your 2010 Philadelphia Phillies - win with pitching and defense, no longer sit and wait for the 3-run home run.

Hamels has been great this year and for a guy who took a lot of crap last year for being soft he has really showed a lot of maturity this year. great to see the Cole of 2008 back. with this rotation if the Phils can get into the playoffs going to be a very tough out.
    pjhawks wrote:

welcome to your 2010 Philadelphia Phillies - win with pitching and defense, no longer sit and wait for the 3-run home run.

Hamels has been great this year and for a guy who took a lot of crap last year for being soft he has really showed a lot of maturity this year. great to see the Cole of 2008 back. with this rotation if the Phils can get into the playoffs going to be a very tough out.

the best 8-10 pitcher in baseball!
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2010

Cards are 2-4 so far, and losing 4-0 thru 3 1/2 innings. Maybe I gave them too much credit. I like being right. :D

Cole Hamels in his home town - I like our chances today.

yeah, nice work there. I had the 2 and 5 backwards

in my defense I did say that the phils always play well in SD...though I surely wasn't expecting a sweep.

halladay tonight...keep the momentum rolling
    edited August 2010
    pjhawks wrote:

the phils scored 3 of their 5 runs on homers yesterday...and 2 others were aided by errors. I'm just sayin...

Hamels took a lot of shit from peeps in this thread just a few months ago. Me and JP were the only ones that defended him.

and how about that joe blanton that everyone tried to run out of town 2 weeks ago (except for the fixer)???
    pjhawks wrote:

the best 8-10 pitcher in baseball!

further proof that pitcher won/loss records mean absolutely nothing. now we just gotta work on the RBI thing
    The Fixer wrote:
    the phils scored 3 of their 5 runs on homers yesterday...and 2 others were aided by errors. I'm just sayin...

Hamels took a lot of shit from peeps in this thread just a few months ago. Me and JP were the only ones that defended him.

and how about that joe blanton that everyone tried to run out of town 2 weeks ago (except for the fixer)???

I don't think I was that active in this thread at the time, but it was disgusting how everyone was throwing Hamels under the bus. Dude wins a championship for the town, has one so so year, and everyone wants him out of town.

So, yeah, we know Howard's been bad since he came back. How do we know that? He has ONE RBI. If he was hitting, he would have MORE RBI's. How does this not mean anything? I still think he's going to have a big September.

Same as Werth's 60 or so RBI, which everyone knows is indicative of his terrible hitting with RISP. Whatever his OPS or WAR is, he's not helping the team that much this year.

Wins & Losses are clearly at least half luck & dependancy on the other team, and people aren't looking at them as much as they used to. But I'd still like to see Doc get 20.

The Fixer wrote:

So, yeah, we know Howard's been bad since he came back. How do we know that? He has ONE RBI. If he was hitting, he would have MORE RBI's. How does this not mean anything? I still think he's going to have a big September.

all you gotta do is see that he's 2-30 (or whatever it is), with 28 K's. The RBI don't mean anything. couldn't tell if you were being facetious. hopefully he can turn it around quickly.

to be fair, I've never seen utley look as bad as he does right now. he had a terrible weekend. at least if he's not hitting he can help the team by getting on base, baserunning, and defense. howard isn't hitting bombs, he's a detriment. regardless, those two need to pick it up

5 weeks left...buckle up gentlemen, should be an exciting ride
    The Fixer wrote:

all you gotta do is see that he's 2-30 (or whatever it is), with 28 K's. The RBI don't mean anything. couldn't tell if you were being facetious. hopefully he can turn it around quickly.

to be fair, I've never seen utley look as bad as he does right now. he had a terrible weekend. at least if he's not hitting he can help the team by getting on base, baserunning, and defense. howard isn't hitting bombs, he's a detriment. regardless, those two need to pick it up

5 weeks left...buckle up gentlemen, should be an exciting ride

2 for 30 w/ 28 K's :lol:

No really, he's paid to drive in runs. Even if it was with sac flies or RBI groundouts he'd be doing a little bit of his job, which he obviously hasn't been; I don't think he's really healthy or has his timing back, but it's coming.

Yea, Utley has looked awful. Does it have something to do with not having a good R6 hitting behind him?

I stayed up for Friday's game (well 9 innings at least), but Mon & Tue 10pm games are killers.

This discussion has been closed.