***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I'm not sure what's worse this team right now or this thred.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

haha. so true
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    saying you want gload over howard is the definition of a WIP caller.

that said, he is awful right now.

glad i am not watching this on tv.

What about 97.5 callers ? Are they still respected ?

You would have turned it off like I did and started watching re-runs of Who's the Boss

missenili's show is entertaining and sal palantonio's football show is pretty damn good. rest is garbage.

dalton's show is okay too actually. i enjoy the '93 stories. gotta respect dutch...even if he thinks civilization only has about 15 months left on this earth.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418

this team for sure. at least we show some passion in this thread, misguided though some of it might be. can't wait to stay up late to watch this team friday (saturday is Fox isn't it?) and early next week.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    saying you want gload over howard is the definition of a WIP caller.

that said, he is awful right now.

glad i am not watching this on tv.

You would have turned it off like I did and started watching re-runs of Who's the Boss

missenili's show is entertaining and sal palantonio's football show is pretty damn good. rest is garbage.

dalton's show is okay too actually. i enjoy the '93 stories. gotta respect dutch...even if he thinks civilization only has about 15 months left on this earth.

I hear the Dutch segment a lot have they ever brought up the fact he's nuts ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    pjhawks wrote:

this team for sure. at least we show some passion in this thread, misguided though some of it might be. can't wait to stay up late to watch this team friday (saturday is Fox isn't it?) and early next week.

yeah, saturday at 4. I love the west coast games as well.

I'd rather listen to wheels and mccarthy than anything on philly sports talk radio. complete garbage

I hear the Dutch segment a lot have they ever brought up the fact he's nuts ?

yes they have. he basically says he was misquoted and never really believed what people thought he believed. it's cool that he actually answers those questions and doesn't have something in his contract that says he wont address them. i was always a big dutch fan back in the day.

i think he even brought that up during his wall of fame speech last month.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah, saturday at 4. I love the west coast games as well.

I'd rather listen to wheels and mccarthy than anything on philly sports talk radio. complete garbage

for all the garbage on both stations i don't know one person who does not listen to any of it at some point during the day.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

for all the garbage on both stations i don't know one person who does not listen to any of it at some point during the day.

well, now you do. that shit makes people dumber. I can't listen to hosts that don't know sports. mike francessa on 660 is great. that dude is like a sports encyclopedia. if I'm not listening to satellite or my ipod, I put on 660. the philly stations are horrible.

this is interesting, though I wish he was their 1B of the future.

When the Astros were dangling Roy Oswalt last month, their No. 1 target in the Phillies' system was 19-year-old Class A first baseman Jonathan Singleton. But the Phillies stationed Singleton at the top of their untouchables list, even though they're going to be set at first base (with Ryan Howard) through 2016. One scout recently called Singleton (currently hitting .295/.393/.483 at Lakewood) "one of the most exciting prospects in the entire minor leagues."

But for Singleton to ever play in Philadelphia, he's going to have to change positions. And scouts who have passed through Lakewood recently report that Singleton has begun taking fly balls in left field in pregame work. The Phillies also plan to send him to the Instructional League this fall to work more extensively on learning to play the outfield.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

well, now you do. that shit makes people dumber. I can't listen to hosts that don't know sports. mike francessa on 660 is great. that dude is like a sports encyclopedia. if I'm not listening to satellite or my ipod, I put on 660. the philly stations are horrible.

misseneli knows what he's talking about. covered sports for the inquirer for years and played baseball in college. always an interesting show.

we all know the garbage shows. but there are decent ones. i don't have to agree with everyone to like their show.
    www.myspace.com
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996

misseneli knows what he's talking about. covered sports for the inquirer for years and played baseball in college. always an interesting show.

we all know the garbage shows. but there are decent ones. i don't have to agree with everyone to like their show.

I like Missanelli too except when he makes dumb points and keeps repeating them. Like when Corey Hart signed that extension for 3 years 26.5 million and said that Werth should be worth the about the same. He went on and on about this for a couple of days never checking that the reason Hart signed the deal under market value was because he still two more years or arb left and couldn't hit the open market.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    Well went to today's game as well. That game was just not fun at all. Rauuuul was the only one who came to play it seemed. Interesting fact "The Astros have owned the Phillies in recent years. They are the only NL team with a winning record (30-16) against Philadelphia since 2004." And I believe they have beaten us at home like 16 straight times now or something like that. Only good thing was the "Pride of the Phillies" print promo with Halladay's perfect game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Solat13 wrote:

I like Missanelli too except when he makes dumb points and keeps repeating them. Like when Corey Hart signed that extension for 3 years 26.5 million and said that Werth should be worth the about the same. He went on and on about this for a couple of days never checking that the reason Hart signed the deal under market value was because he still two more years or arb left and couldn't hit the open market.

yeah i hear ya...he's obviously not well versed on the national stories as he is what is going on around here. he always has big name interviews lined up which is always nice.
    www.myspace.com
    cardinals lose again. amazing how all these teams are slumping at the same time.

poopholes looks like he turned his ankle. stayed in the game but that might swell up by morning....
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    cardinals lose again. amazing how all these teams are slumping at the same time.

poopholes looks like he turned his ankle. stayed in the game but that might swell up by morning....

I'd rather have Gload then Pool-Nose
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I'd rather have Gload then Pool-Nose
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    baseball is a funny game gentlemen...

after getting swept by one of the worst teams in the league i would not be surprised to see us take 2 out 3 from the padres and their pitching staff.....FOR NO GOOD REASON.
    www.myspace.com

he always has big name interviews lined up which is always nice.

that's because he works for ESPN dude. His sports knowledge is limited. he didn't even know who jesus montero was.

I hate feeling like I know more about sports than these 'experts'. it's their job to know this shit. and most of the time they don't

plus missanelli talks about TV and movies just as much as he discusses sports. that shit annoys me to no end. it's sports radio, talk about sports

after getting swept by one of the worst teams in the league i would not be surprised to see us take 2 out 3 from the padres and their pitching staff.....FOR NO GOOD REASON.

phils always play well in san diego for some reason. Latos is disgusting...tough game tonight

going on the road after that horrendous houston series is probably the best thing for this team right now. I'll be happy with a 4-3 road trip
    The Fixer wrote:

phils always play well in san diego for some reason. Latos is disgusting...tough game tonight

going on the road after that horrendous houston series is probably the best thing for this team right now. I'll be happy with a 4-3 road trip

agree...especially waaaaay out west too.
    www.myspace.com
    best thing about these late weekend games is that I will probably be hammered while I'm watching them. so if they keep playing like shit I probably won't remember much of the game anyway
    if you want something to piss you off just look at the cover of today's DN (it's at the top of this link)

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    I'm just glad that 'Poop Holes' is catching on. Yesterday sucked my balls.
    The Fixer wrote:
    if you want something to piss you off just look at the cover of today's DN (it's at the top of this link)

maj3.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

maj3.jpg

that pic would be classic if someone knew how to photoshop werth's face on dorn's body
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

maj3.jpg

that pic would be classic if someone knew how to photoshop werth's face on dorn's body

Oh man. I gotta put some nerds to work!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,312
    Alright, that was a real ugly series. It's over. You're never as bad as you look, or as good as you look. I think they will rebound this weekend, although it will be a bitch to do it against Latos.

Agree with the comment about the nice Halladay poster.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I have Atlanta winning 17 games the rest of the way with Philly winning 22. That puts us at 92 wins and ATL at 90. Boom. IF YOU WILL IT, IT IS NO DREAM.

ALSO, I probably won't be back on here until Sunday night. So.....if there's one thing, other than the above, to take from me is to get your asses to Penn's Landing on Sunday for MMJ. It will be the tits. No lie.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,312
    Did everyone see The R6's awesome 3-6-3 double play? Now that looked like a major league first baseman! I'm so proud.

Great to see our vaunted lineup blast this upstart pitcher here... :?

Oh yeah, what is that LF fence, 6'6"? The Aladdin Bail Bonds ad is a nice touch too. I'm sorry, that ballpark is garbage. I was there, and it's easily the ugliest of the newer ballparks I've seen. Just a big pile of ugly concrete.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    A balk to tie the game. There is absolutely no excuse in that situation.
This discussion has been closed.