***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Solat13 wrote:
    That game put me to sleep by boredom. How can that lineup be so terrible? Nobody was even hitting the ball hard.

What's the panic over Halladay? He gave up 2 fluky runs, and one homer - BFD.

It's been since 1978 that Phils haven't been no hit for 9 innings, but they've sure been flirting with it a lot this year, especially with Japanese pitchers.

Japanese pitchers against the Phils this year have 1.54 ERA

If you take away the start by the Atlanta starter Kawakami whom the Phils shelled very early in the season, Japanese pitchers have an era of 0.54 against the Phillies this year.

i am convinced you are either a calculator, computer, or robot. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I was as the game last night and was AMAZED at all the red shirts around us!!! It seemed like HALF the stadium was youse guys!!! All transplants I guess.
    :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    I was as the game last night and was AMAZED at all the red shirts around us!!! It seemed like HALF the stadium was youse guys!!! All transplants I guess.

philly fans rule. we travel well for the Phils and Eagles.

there were tons in san diego too. drink it in. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,312
    Lizard wrote:

philly fans rule. we travel well for the Phils and Eagles.

there were tons in san diego too. drink it in. :mrgreen:

I think Flyers fans also travel well historically, but probably not as much with the absurd prices for hockey tickets these days.

The Friday, July 2 game in Pittsburgh was easily 3/4 Phillies fans, including EVERYONE in my row, and the rows in front of me and behind me. There weren't even enough Pirates fans to boo out Let's Go Phillies chants.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Lizard wrote:

That, as well as a lot of people on vacation. It's a perfect reason for a trip to SoCal.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

dude, you're all over the place as usual. you make ridiculous statements then twist them around after the fact (utley should swing at the first pitch, lidge throws a sinker, the devils played a LW lock, etc)

funny that you always find something to watch but you just started watching always sunny.

dude give it a rest. i mis-typed one time about Lidge (and changed within 5 minutes) and you bring it out like every 3rd page. and please tell me what ridiculous statements i've made. this coming from a guy who is so retarted to say and actually believe that he'd rather have Ross fn Gload or Travis (one of the 5 worst players for the Phillies in my lifetime) Lee over Ryan Howard. How can anyone take anything you say seriously about baseball when you honestly believe that type of bs? yet i am the one who makes ridiculous statements - jeez just moronic Fixer. there is a difference between making errors (me) vs. flat out making ridiculous moronic statements that no sane person can ever take seriously (you, i.e. travis lee over ryan howard)

you're also the guy that said you don't care about player contracts past 2010, which as a fan is completely asinine.

most of the crap I say about howard I say in jest (stuff not related to his contract anyway). now reattach your balls and stop crying.
    holy shit, they scored some runs

the mets are pathetic. cards lost again though
    The Fixer wrote:

you totally jinxed the cardinals. whatever you do, keep saying the wild card is coming out of the central. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    THAT'S what you want to see out of kendrick. a shut down inning after we score 3.

nicely done kk...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you totally jinxed the cardinals. whatever you do, keep saying the wild card is coming out of the central. :lol:

I said it, so I gotta stick by it. hopefully I'm wrong
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I said it, so I gotta stick by it. hopefully I'm wrong

don't be adverse to admitting mistakes.
    www.myspace.com
    i would love to see a game at dodger stadium someday.

love how they still utilize the organ instead of blasting music every chance they get.

do the phillies still have an organist? paul richardson was pretty prevalent back at the vet. i don't know if he's still with the team anymore.
    www.myspace.com

don't be adverse to admitting mistakes.

I'm good at admitting when I'm wrong. I said STL was going 5-2 last week and they went 2-5.

thatta boy chase. here comes the $125 million rally killer
    i would love to see a game at dodger stadium someday.

love how they still utilize the organ instead of blasting music every chance they get.

do the phillies still have an organist? paul richardson was pretty prevalent back at the vet. i don't know if he's still with the team anymore.

dodger stadium is pretty sick. traffic is the problem

holy shit, howard made contact

hopefully the bats are waking up
    that right there is why manual is great for this team. the rest he gave the R6 over the past few days paid off. he was just starting to hit the ball well...just not in the right places. now an opposite field shot---i think we're in for a typical beast of a september for him.

two 3 run shots....we're rolling boys

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    ....well, that took long enough....

utley gets on...howard knocks him home.

just like old times
    www.myspace.com
    that right there is why manual is great for this team. the rest he gave the R6 over the past few days paid off. he was just starting to hit the ball well...just not in the right places. now an opposite field shot---i think we're in for a typical beast of a september for him.

GO PHILS.

howard only had one day off. he played last night. not sure what you're talking about 'he was just starting to hit the ball well'. he hasn't been making contact, let alone hitting the ball well.

manuel is a turd.

howard usually hits well at dodger stadium. hopefully that gets him going.

utley gets on...howard knocks him home.

just like old times

definitely nice to see.

manuel needs to stop fucking with the lineup too. rollins, polanco, utley, howard, werth. that shit should be written in blood for the rest of the year
    The Fixer wrote:

GO PHILS.

howard only had one day off. he played last night. not sure what you're talking about 'he was just starting to hit the ball well'. he hasn't been making contact, let alone hitting the ball well.

manuel is a turd.

huh?

he hasn't struck out since friday. he hit the ball hard on saturday...i like how charlie gave him sunday off. his last two games were the first time since mid july since he went two in a row without a strikeout. you can kinda tell when he's coming out of his slumps. an opposite field shot is a great indicator of that.

so....that. that's what i'm talking about.

wow---chase has one homer since may 20th. obviously he was hurt. but before that, 1 homer in a month and a half. let's hope his power comes back down the stretch and we'll really be rolling...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

GO PHILS.

manuel is a turd.

huh?

he hasn't struck out since friday. he hit the ball hard on saturday...i like how charlie gave him sunday off. his last two games were the first time since mid july since he went two in a row without a strikeout. you can kinda tell when he's coming out of his slumps. an opposite field shot is a great indicator of that.

wow---chase has one homer since may 20th. obviously he was hurt. but before that, 1 homer in a month and a half. let's hope his power comes back down the stretch and we'll really be rolling...

I don't think you can say a player is going well by saying he hasn't struck out in 2 games. that's pretty weak

utley definitely needs to get going too. both of them have been terrible.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

manuel is a turd.

huh?

I don't think you can say a player is going well by saying he hasn't struck out in 2 games. that's pretty weak

utley definitely needs to get going too. both of them have been terrible.

you said he wasn't making contact. he was. you were wrong. it's okay to admit mistakes.

i knew chase's power numbers were down...but man....1 homer all summer.....
    www.myspace.com

Dude's been out forever. And he's definitely still hut, and of course he won't say anything about it. Dude hurt the part of the hand that holds onto the bat. That's a big deal that he's playing down. Like everything.
    2 games doesn't mean shit. look at howard's K numbers over the last month.

his last 10 games before tonight...4-38, 16 K's.

I'm sick of arguing about the howard nonsense. he just isn't that good

Dude's been out forever. And he's definitely still hut, and of course he won't say anything about it. Dude hurt the part of the hand that holds onto the bat. That's a big deal that he's playing down. Like everything.

not to mention the fact that utley does everything well. he doesn't need to hit hr's to help this team (unlike other one dimensional players on the right side of the infield)

the month in a half before he got hurt though: 1 homer.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

listen dummy. i'm saying it looks like he is coming out of his slump.

putting the ball in play, hitting it hard, and a homer to the opposite field (especially for the r6) are signs of life my friend.

i know you're looking forward to him carrying this team to the postseason in september yet again. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

the month in a half before he got hurt though: 1 homer.

Not sayin' he's been good either. I'm still taking him over a healthy Valdez any day. And Chase still finds ways to get on base.

Looks like Kyle Kendrick is looking more like Kyle Kendrick again. Everything's right in the world.
    The Fixer wrote:

putting the ball in play, hitting it hard, and a homer to the opposite field (especially for the r6) are signs of life my friend.

i know you're looking forward to him carrying this team to the postseason in september yet again. :lol:

his HR tonight was his first extra base hit since july 27th (even I couldn't believe this when I looked it up). he'll be coming out of his slump when he gets some more extra base hits like he's paid to do.

that hr wasn't really to the opposite field either

the R6 thing is just gay. really gay. even worse than saying 'we' and 'our'. sorry man, it's true

I'm done with the howard stuff. I hope he does get hot and become a beast in september again
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

his HR tonight was his first extra base hit since july 27th (even I couldn't believe this when I looked it up). he'll be coming out of his slump when he gets some more extra base hits like he's paid to do.

that hr wasn't really to the opposite field either

the R6 thing is just gay. really gay. even worse than saying 'we' and 'our'. sorry man, it's true

I'm done with the howard stuff. I hope he does get hot and become a beast in september again

what's gay is wearing black socks to the gym.
    :lol::lol::lol:

gotta come out of a slump at some point dude. hitting the ball hard and making contact is the first step. extra base hits will come...as will a killer september.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.