***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited August 2010

So, yeah, we know Howard's been bad since he came back. How do we know that? He has ONE RBI. If he was hitting, he would have MORE RBI's. How does this not mean anything?

You know what really says he has been bad?

In 34 PA's:
    BA: .121
    OBP: .147
    SLG: .121
    OPS: .268
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    4-34 with 16 K's and ONE walk.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    So, yeah, we know Howard's been bad since he came back. How do we know that? He has ONE RBI. If he was hitting, he would have MORE RBI's. How does this not mean anything? I still think he's going to have a big September.

all you gotta do is see that he's 2-30 (or whatever it is), with 28 K's. The RBI don't mean anything. couldn't tell if you were being facetious. hopefully he can turn it around quickly.

to be fair, I've never seen utley look as bad as he does right now. he had a terrible weekend. at least if he's not hitting he can help the team by getting on base, baserunning, and defense. howard isn't hitting bombs, he's a detriment. regardless, those two need to pick it up

5 weeks left...buckle up gentlemen, should be an exciting ride

Yea, Utley has looked awful. Does it have something to do with not having a good R6 hitting behind him?

No. Nothing at all. I don't buy the lineup protection crap. utley is just rusty.
    edited August 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

So, yeah, we know Howard's been bad since he came back. How do we know that? He has ONE RBI. If he was hitting, he would have MORE RBI's. How does this not mean anything?

You know what really says he has been bad?

In 34 PA's:
    BA: .121
    OBP: .147
    SLG: .121
    OPS: .268

small sample size, but that is horrendous. luckily, the pitching has been great...even the bullpen has come around over the last couple of weeks (except for the lidge balk friday night).
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    oh the endless ryan howard talk.... :lol:

phils rushed him and utley back too soon. they've both been awful. chase's power numbers have really been down since the middle of last year (minus when he turned into reggie jackson vs the yanks).

hopefully they'll come around. i'm sure they will.

playoffs gentlemen...playoffs....its a happenin'

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Fixer u crack me up everyone but u a pam bashed cole? Find were I said anything other then he's been bad but I expect him to be fine. I never bashed him so that's one secondly talk about quitting on something u said were not making the playoffs this year. If that's not quitting on a team then what is? U should be a lawyer cause man u try and get away with more shit then one. And wasn't it u that said stl was gonna kill there cake scheldue?
    Go Birds!!!!
    Fixer u crack me up everyone but u a pam bashed cole? Find were I said anything other then he's been bad but I expect him to be fine. I never bashed him so that's one secondly talk about quitting on something u said were not making the playoffs this year. If that's not quitting on a team then what is? U should be a lawyer cause man u try and get away with more shit then one. And wasn't it u that said stl was gonna kill there cake scheldue?

I said I didn't think the phils were making the playoffs. I still don't think they are. I never said the season was over. Just because I don't think they're making the playoffs doesn't mean I have given up on the season. Still a lot of baseball left to be played.

I said STL was gonna go 5-2 last week. Johnny A already called me out on that. His prediction was a whole hell of a lot closer than mine.

Hopefully I'm also wrong about the phils getting in. They still have their work cut out for them.

This team is so up and down I honestly don't know what to expect for the last 5 weeks. They lose 4 in a row to a shitty houston team at home then sweep the best team in the NL on the road. The next 5 weeks should be exciting if nothing else

lol...yeah. i said i was "concerned" when his era was up there in april/may but thought he'd work himself out. perfectly logical.

keep in mind fixer is not only saying we're not making the playoffs, but prefers ross gload to ryan howard, refers to joe blanton as "aids" one week--the next is singing his praises, and wants to fire the manager. :lol:

it's a long season. gotta keep a even keel. we'll be fine. we're about the same, record-wise, as we were this time last year.
    www.myspace.com

lol...yeah. i said i was "concerned" when his era was up there in april/may but thought he'd work himself out. perfectly logical.

keep in mind fixer is not only saying we're not making the playoffs, but prefers ross gload to ryan howard, refers to joe blanton as "aids" one week--the next is singing his praises, and wants to fire the manager. :lol:

it's a long season. gotta keep a even keel. we'll be fine. we're about the same, record-wise, as we were this time last year.

dude, you were leading the 'skip blanton in the rotation' charge 2 weeks ago. now you're the even keeled one. ok, guy...whatever allows you to sleep at night

I'd take travis lee over howard at first base right now. at least lee caught the ball

EDIT: as for manuel, he blows as a manager. this team wins in spite of him, not because of him. Friday night is a perfect example of that. the guy is clueless
    The Fixer wrote:

dude, you were leading the 'skip blanton in the rotation' charge 2 weeks ago. now you're the even keeled one. ok, guy...whatever allows you to sleep at night

I'd take travis lee over howard at first base right now. at least lee caught the ball

EDIT: as for manuel, he blows as a manager. this team wins in spite of him, not because of him. Friday night is a perfect example of that. the guy is clueless

i've never been a big blanton fan. i've said that the last couple years. he's nothing better than a 4th starter in my eyes. nothing special--not like i was losing too much sleep over him considering our top 3 :mrgreen: .. but i acknowledge that he's finally got his shit together. about time. i'm pretty consitent with my viewpoints. you should know that by now.

i was concerned about your safety last week though dude. i thought we'd see you on the edge of the walt whitman judging by some of your posts :lol:

2 out of 3 in la...let's go boys. keep it rolling...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i've never been a big blanton fan. i've said that the last couple years. he's nothing better than a 4th starter in my eyes. nothing special--not like i was losing too much sleep over him considering our top 3 :mrgreen: .. but i acknowledge that he's finally got his shit together. about time. i'm pretty consitent with my viewpoints. you should know that by now.

i was concerned about your safety last week though dude. i thought we'd see you on the edge of the walt whitman judging by some of your posts :lol:

2 out of 3 in la...let's go boys. keep it rolling...

blanton was their most consistent pitcher in 2009 (pre-lee) and he helped them win a championship in 2008. He was coming off an injury this year and got off to a slow start. He's OK in my book...especially as the 4th starter.

after the houston series I was ready to jump off a bridge. I was on the ben franklin, so you were just looking in the wrong place :shock: . that being said, I never once said that this season was over. I've said the team sucks, the 1B sucks, the manager sucks, the bullpen sucks...but not once have I given up on the season.

2 of 3 would be great...I'd actually be OK with 2 of the remaining 4 on this road trip. Love the late west coast games. Let's go mets this week
    saying they're not making the playoffs sounds like the season is over to me. i could be wrong though.

i love sweeping the pads WITHOUT doc pitching a game. that is a great feeling.

we're actually only a few games behind san diego for home field advantage too.
    www.myspace.com
    saying they're not making the playoffs sounds like the season is over to me. i could be wrong though.

i love sweeping the pads WITHOUT doc pitching a game. that is a great feeling.

we're actually only a few games behind san diego for home field advantage too.

that's just my opinion that they're not making the playoffs. I've certainly been wrong before.

SD's schedule is absolutely brutal over the last month. The Rocks getting hot don't give the pads a great shot to hold onto the 1 seed. I still think the central gets the WC and home field...that division absolutley blows
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,312
    The Fixer wrote:
    that's just my opinion that they're not making the playoffs. I've certainly been wrong before.

SD's schedule is absolutely brutal over the last month. The Rocks getting hot don't give the pads a great shot to hold onto the 1 seed. I still think the central gets the WC and home field...that division absolutley blows

Pedro Feliz batting 5th behind Pujols tonight. Cards ain't making the playoffs this year - they're just not that good.

Fucken Mets suck. Someone hit a foul ball tonight on the 3rd base side, about the 6th row. It took about 30 seconds for some guy to go get the ball. Braves fans - can't beat 'em.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    phils down early...just biding their time until broxton enters the game
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    One dink and dunk finding daylight after another...
    Also, NOTHING should be catered to the west coast when it comes to television and it's not the weekend.
    One dink and dunk finding daylight after another...

tough to win when you don't get any baserunners
    how about mccarthy and wheels saying venable would have caught werth's HR yesterday if he was in LF? man, they are clueless
    The Fixer wrote:
    how about mccarthy and wheels saying venable would have caught werth's HR yesterday if he was in LF? man, they are clueless

I don't mind homer announcers. I just can't stand Company Men, and that's exactly what they are.
    Love the approach right now. Swing early and often. Keep the opposing pitcher's pitch count as low as possible. Perfect. :roll:
    Love the approach right now. Swing early and often. Keep the opposing pitcher's pitch count as low as possible. Perfect. :roll:

I was thinking same thing. pjhawks would be proud

EDIT: at this rate this game will be over by midnight
    Now Doc just looks like he's getting too much meat of the plate. Still only a 3 run game, but shit, not like those are coming easy right now...

And how bout Barajas? This fat slob couldn't do shit for us, but finds a way to kill us every time.

And the Phils should look into bringing in Scotty Pods as a bench outfielder and potential platooner next year.
    Now Doc just looks like he's getting too much meat of the plate. Still only a 3 run game, but shit, not like those are coming easy right now...

And how bout Barajas? This fat slob couldn't do shit for us, but finds a way to kill us every time.

he's thrown more innings at this point in the season than he ever has in his career. so much for him losing innings when he came to the NL. thanks manuel, you fool...all the times he left halladay in with huge leads may be starting to show their effects
    that's a nice grab. didn't think he was getting there
    The Fixer wrote:

he's thrown more innings at this point in the season than he ever has in his career. so much for him losing innings when he came to the NL. thanks manuel, you fool...all the times he left halladay in with huge leads may be starting to show their effects

Meh. Dude threw 79 pitches last time out so it's not like he's had a big work load lately.

Doc can have a stinker here and there. The dude's human. Just sucks to see a stinker late in the season. Funny how giving up 3 runs is considered a stinker with him...
    The Fixer wrote:

Meh. Dude threw 79 pitches last time out so it's not like he's had a big work load lately.

Doc can have a stinker here and there. The dude's human. Just sucks to see a stinker late in the season. Funny how giving up 3 runs is considered a stinker with him...

dude has thrown 211 innings already. he's on pace for 250+. that's a lot

my point is that the manager is a dipshit
    The Fixer wrote:

Manager's have the least influence on their team of the four sports. I have no problem with Manuel.
    The Fixer wrote:

Manager's have the least influence on their team of the four sports. I have no problem with Manuel.

I completely disagree. Anyone that thinks NBA players listen to their coaches is kidding themselves. Those guys are glorified babysitters.

Check out the book 3 nights in august. it goes in depth about all of the managerial decisions that a manager has to make from pitch to pitch during a MLB series. Great read. I love baseball strategy.

The phils win in spite of their manager, not because of him
    The Fixer wrote:

I completely disagree. Anyone that thinks NBA players listen to their coaches is kidding themselves. Those guys are glorified babysitters.

Check out the book 3 nights in august. it goes in depth about all of the managerial decisions that a manager has to make from pitch to pitch during a MLB series. Great read. I love baseball strategy.

The phils win in spite of their manager, not because of him

That's the thing overcoaching can be mostly used in baseball than any other sport. Of course they can involved in every aspect of the game. I love baseball more than the next man, but it is in no way more influential of the head coach in basketball, football, or hockey.

The beauty of baseball IS its simplicity.
This discussion has been closed.