***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Champ wrote:
    Well at least I know that your announcers are just big of homers for the Mets as our douche bag announcers are for the Phils.

You know that's not true as our announcers are actually top-notch, which unfortunately has been the only good thing going in Flushing for some time....we didn't understand how it could be ruled fan interference when it was clearly above the orange line..anything above that doesn't matter..the fan didn't reach below the orange and Ibanez can't reach that high....In Philly it's a different scenario with the fence or whatever, which is why Ibanez was all confused I guess...

I actually like the mets announcers a lot. ron darling is great.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    6 pitch 9th inning. Talk about giving the game away.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    as you homos won anyway.

michael-vick-r_0.jpg
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    Well at least I know that your announcers are just big of homers for the Mets as our douche bag announcers are for the Phils.

You know that's not true as our announcers are actually top-notch, which unfortunately has been the only good thing going in Flushing for some time....we didn't understand how it could be ruled fan interference when it was clearly above the orange line..anything above that doesn't matter..the fan didn't reach below the orange and Ibanez can't reach that high....In Philly it's a different scenario with the fence or whatever, which is why Ibanez was all confused I guess...

Of course, pam is just talking out of his philly ass like always ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Of course, pam is just talking out of his philly ass like always ;) ..

Hey, I'm just going off your unclear, non-concise, comments about the failed homer. I thought you were saying the Mets announcers were being bias. I have nothing to base my opinion on other than all things Flushing are queer.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    The fucking life of a Met fan....the damn pitcher stood in the way of the first no hitter in franchise history..lol....and not to mention, the home run that was taken away..I mean, it was clearly over the orange line..the umps not only made a horrible call after review, but overturned the correct call no less..a clear home run..haha..

1 - dickey is solid man. that knuckleball/88-90 mph fastball combo is unheard of.

2 - rollins and victorino are the same player. swing recklessly and pop everything up.

3 - who designed citi field? why would you put a hr line underneath a railing

4 - I wanted to see the phils get some baserunners in the ninth. who was gonna close for the mets, john franco?

Dickey is a class act and intelligent..a refreshing interview post game..

and as if it wasn't hard enough to hit home runs at Citi Field..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Hey, I'm just going off your unclear, non-concise, comments about the failed homer. I thought you were saying the Mets announcers were being bias. I have nothing to base my opinion on other than all things Flushing are queer.

At Citi Field, the way we understand it is anything above the orange line is a goner. The replays indicated that the fan interfered with the ball near the railing, above the wall and orange line..at Citi Field that's supposed to be a home run, comprende? Calling all of us homos and queers just makes you ignorant and an asshole..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

At Citi Field, the way we understand it is anything above the orange line is a goner. The replays indicated that the fan interfered with the ball near the railing, above the wall and orange line..at Citi Field that's supposed to be a home run, comprende? Calling all of us homos and queers just makes you ignorant and an asshole..

Asshole shmasshole. All these things are said in jest of course. If you can't take it, I don't know what to tell you.
    The Champ wrote:

Asshole shmasshole. All these things are said in jest of course. If you can't take it, I don't know what to tell you.

Who said I couldn't take it? Just wanted to say that you are ignorant and an asshole for your remarks, in jest of course..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    it's just stupid to have a railing above an orange hr line. real stupid

the mets home games will have more instant replays than the rest of MLB combined
    The Fixer wrote:
    it's just stupid to have a railing above an orange hr line. real stupid

the mets home games will have more instant replays than the rest of MLB combined

That's what's unclear...we thought anything above the orange is good, but apparently not as evident tonight..stupid..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Who said I couldn't take it? Just wanted to say that you are ignorant and an asshole for your remarks, in jest of course..

Perfect. As long as that is understood.

You don't have to tell me as I've survived for a long fucking time....you need to bob and weave while jabbing indirect insults or you'll get banned or get this precious thread locked..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

You don't have to tell me as I've survived for a long fucking time....you need to bob and weave while jabbing indirect insults or you'll get banned or get this precious thread locked..

That's the thing. They're not insults. Just busting balls, but however they're taken - meh, so be it.
    The Champ wrote:

That's the thing. They're not insults. Just busting balls, but however they're taken - meh, so be it.

You have to learn to bust balls indirectly is what I'm saying because the mods will interpret it as a direct personal insult, which will get you banned and threads locked if you engage the wrong person aka a snitch..anyway, have a good night fuckers and I won't be watching tomorrow night that's for sure ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

You have to learn to bust balls indirectly is what I'm saying because the mods will interpret it as a direct personal insult, which will get you banned and threads locked if you engage the wrong person aka a snitch..anyway, have a good night fuckers and I won't be watching tomorrow night that's for sure ;) ..

yeah, who is TBD? what kind of stuff does he throw?
    The Fixer wrote:

Pat Misch from the minors, and garbage ;) ..

I'll be on a booze cruise getting wasted, not giving a shit about anything..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

as long as he doesn't throw a knuckleball he will get shelled. won't matter since the mets are getting shut out anyway
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

as long as he doesn't throw a knuckleball he will get shelled. won't matter since the mets are getting shut out anyway

Especially being that the Mets lit him up last time..damn, probably won't be pretty..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Especially being that the Mets lit him up last time..damn, probably won't be pretty..

lit him up and lost. :D

at least mets fans are real fans that stick with their team. I will give you clowns credit for that. The last 4 years have to be worse than having a team like the orioles (I'm being serious, not a smart ass).
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

lit him up and lost. :D

at least mets fans are real fans that stick with their team. I will give you clowns credit for that. The last 4 years have to be worse than having a team like the orioles (I'm being serious, not a smart ass).

First baseball uniform I ever wore was a Mets uniform. Yikes.

First baseball uniform I ever wore was a Mets uniform. Yikes.

funny, mine was the braves. t-ball.

I had all of those pictures burned
    Was finally able to creep a look at the babysitter of the maloika kid. Smokin.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

4 - I wanted to see the phils get some baserunners in the ninth. who was gonna close for the mets, john franco?
    Hisanori Takahashi woulda been the closer
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I wonder if with Monday off that they skip Blanton's next turn so they can set up their top three aces in a row. I think they should do that going forward. And then going forward skip Kendrick or Blanton any time there's a day off. Try and get this rotation set up to be Halladay-Hamels-Oswalt at some point.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314
    I was confused about the orange line as well. I think it's pretty clear the ball was over the line. If that doesn't mean it's a homer, why's the line there? And how did it end up being a triple anyway? I didn't think there were all that many ground-rule triples in baseball.

Dickey was pretty sick last night, and probably a little bit lucky. So glad Cole got that hit - I love taunting Mets fans about the no-hitter thing. Especially with Rox & Rays getting their first ones this year.

Can't wait for Chase to come back - he's gonna be a monster! Hope Chooch plays tonight - Schneider is brutal.

I agree with skipping Blanton or Kendrick. They usually need a miracle to win those games (like Thursday).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if with Monday off that they skip Blanton's next turn so they can set up their top three aces in a row. I think they should do that going forward. And then going forward skip Kendrick or Blanton any time there's a day off. Try and get this rotation set up to be Halladay-Hamels-Oswalt at some point.

i second this in motion. especially since blanton's scheduled to pitch on wednesday and i'll be in attendance. please god skip that slob.

by the way--regarding that babysitter....the mom is actually pretty hot too. just caught a glimpse of her.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    I was confused about the orange line as well. I think it's pretty clear the ball was over the line. If that doesn't mean it's a homer, why's the line there? And how did it end up being a triple anyway? I didn't think there were all that many ground-rule triples in baseball.

Exactly, in citi field that's supposed to be a cut and dry homer.....umps were lost all around on that play..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Champ wrote:

Exactly, in citi field that's supposed to be a cut and dry homer.....umps were lost all around on that play..

they really need a new park up there.
    www.myspace.com
    Jeags, in case you missed this as I know you like to hit and run in the Mets thread...at this point, I'll take any small victory:
    The Champ wrote:
    you sure you want to do this to yourselves this weekend?

The question is, are you ready to be R.A. Dickeyed tonight?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
This discussion has been closed.