***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sterling is fucking horrible. It is embarrassing that the Yankees have such a god awful radio guy. I read he is a gigantic prick in a number of places as well and that he thinks he some how has something to do with the Yankees success. Give up the fucking catch phrases and call the fucking game.

Michael Kay is real good I think. He seems pretty down the middle in the calling of his games. I just wanna punch Sterling in the kidneys with that A-bomb for A-Rod nonsense. I could see maybe saying that(not really) if it's a moon shot, but an example of it being overplayed was when A-Rod hit that cheapy homer in the World Series that clunked off the camera at The Bank in right field. Dude made it sound like it went 500 feet.

Um, he has a different catch phrase for every player. "Thats a TEX message", "Robby cano, dont you know", "Swishalicous", etc. The other day when Thames hit a go ahead SINGLE, he fucking said "Let the good thames roll" A FUCKING SINGLE!

By the sounds of it, what you're saying is this guy likes sex with men. How you can have one of the most sought after positions in play by play being filled by such a shlep is beyond me.

And Fixer, if you're out there, I just wanna say I'm not hating on Fat Joe. I'd just like to see them set up their rotation at some point to have all three aces pitch consecutively.

Now I gotta start a 'Fire Chris Wheeler' site.
    http://tmacsucks.blogspot.com/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    yikes.... that's a bit too much talk about yankees announcers in a phils thread for my liking...

anywho....braves win today. time for kyle kendrick to bounce back and be somewhat effective tonight.

big game....GO PHILS
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    yikes.... that's a bit too much talk about yankees announcers in a phils thread for my liking...

anywho....braves win today. time for kyle kendrick to bounce back and be somewhat effective tonight.

big game....GO PHILS

Would you perfer talk about Ryan Howards insane contract? Nothing wrong with a discussion about announcers.

By the sounds of it, what you're saying is this guy likes sex with men. How you can have one of the most sought after positions in play by play being filled by such a shlep is beyond me.

And Fixer, if you're out there, I just wanna say I'm not hating on Fat Joe. I'd just like to see them set up their rotation at some point to have all three aces pitch consecutively.

Now I gotta start a 'Fire Chris Wheeler' site.
    http://tmacsucks.blogspot.com/

That I am. It is pretty sad they have such a horrible radio team. The worst part is, he is going to be around for a long time. Same with Waldman, she is crazy tight with the Steinbrenner family for some reason.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    so that's now 17 of 22... :mrgreen:

gotta take the series tonight.

please skip joe blanton this week.

the r6 and utley due back soon.....let's have at it gentlemen....

GO PHILS.

it's too early to start skipping guys in the rotation. so manuel probably will.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I like Michael Kay more than most Yankees fans but YES overall has a strong team when compared to the rest of the league. Ken Singleton is simply outstanding, Jon Flaherty and Leiter are both strong and it is great to have Paulie in the booth from time to time. Tino Martinez stinks. I also strongly disagree that they are homers, I think Kay can be way to critical of certain Yankees players from time to time. You will never ever hear a Yankees broadcaster refer to the team as we and they can be very hard on the team.

John Sterling on the other hand is the absolute worst.

All I know is I got sick of those guys real quick when we were forcefed with all the Alex Rodriguez crap.

Not saying the Phillies announcers are anything special, by the way. We're a long way from the days of Harry & Whitey. :( (both of those guys, btw, with definitive Midwestern accents)

That's fine, it lasted way too long but I don't know what you would expect. It's not like they can skip an AB without bringing it up, it's their job to talk about what's going on. I would be more annoyed with MLB and ESPN for switching over for every AB than the YES crew talking about it. I do miss the days of Bobby Murcer and Jim Kaat.

I think the Yanks broadcast is 100x better than the Phillies. Tom McCarthy is fucking horrible.

Nothing was worse than having chip caray and buck martinez during the NLCS last year. poor ron darling was stuck with those turds. best thing about going to the home games was not having to listen to those clowns do the games.

and yes, mccarthy and wheels are absolutely horrendous. I think we all agree about that.

not looking forward to joe morgan's dumb ass analysis tonight. he loves black players so I'm anticipating a 3 hour ryan howard on air cock sucking
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Um, he has a different catch phrase for every player. "Thats a TEX message", "Robby cano, dont you know", "Swishalicous", etc. The other day when Thames hit a go ahead SINGLE, he fucking said "Let the good thames roll" A FUCKING SINGLE!

he is pretty annoying with the stupid nicknames. I love the yankees win thing though. that cracks me up

here's the thing about skipping blanton...after the off day tomorrow, they play 23 games in 22 days. I don't see the point to skipping blanton. they are gonna need all 5 guys, I think it's better to keep them on their regular routine.

Blanton hasn't been that bad recently. his last 6 starts

7 IP, 3 ER
    7 IP, 3 ER
    6 IP, 2 ER
    6 IP, 4 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER
    5.2 IP, 4 ER (because ibanez is 94 years old)

he's been fine. he didn't get off to a good start coming off of his injury, but he hasn't been as bad as the fans have made him out to be. manuel just need to learn when to take him out of a game.

skipping him would be a mistake
    fucking ibanez...catch the god damn ball
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Well the Mets had their chances in the 1st and 2nd innings, but that offense just blows..Frenchy's bomb would have been 15 rows deep they said at Philadelphia..lol.....anyway, the Philly base runners really had Pelf's number all night..it was pathetic to see but good on you guys..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    edited August 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

big game....GO PHILS

Would you perfer talk about Ryan Howards insane contract? Nothing wrong with a discussion about announcers.

what does perfer mean?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

here's the thing about skipping blanton...after the off day tomorrow, they play 23 games in 22 days. I don't see the point to skipping blanton. they are gonna need all 5 guys, I think it's better to keep them on their regular routine.

Blanton hasn't been that bad recently. his last 6 starts

7 IP, 3 ER
    7 IP, 3 ER
    6 IP, 2 ER
    6 IP, 4 ER
    7 IP, 2 ER
    5.2 IP, 4 ER (because ibanez is 94 years old)

he's been fine. he didn't get off to a good start coming off of his injury, but he hasn't been as bad as the fans have made him out to be. manuel just need to learn when to take him out of a game.

skipping him would be a mistake

his era in two starts this month is about 1.00 lower than july. so he is getting better. to me, his earned runs just seem to come at inopportune times. when he's on the mound they seem to come when we need a shut down inning....we'll score a couple runs the inning before, and he'll come out and give one or two of them back the next inning. his numbers could be a little deceiving that way.

can't they just skip him solely for the purpose that i will be attending wednesday's game? god damn it... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    so 18 out of our last 23 and in the playoffs if the season ended today? this team is amazing... :mrgreen:

nice to see kendrick straighten things out last night. he's really had himself a season out of the 5 spot. other than that horrendous outing last week, he's allowed 5 earned runs in his last 4 games. he is what he is, but you gotta be happy with what he's given you this year.

utley and the r6 due back soon....all systems go for a stretch run gentlemen...

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,313
    The Champ wrote:
    Well the Mets had their chances in the 1st and 2nd innings, but that offense just blows..Frenchy's bomb would have been 15 rows deep they said at Philadelphia..lol.....anyway, the Philly base runners really had Pelf's number all night..it was pathetic to see but good on you guys..

Durbin said he knew Frenchy's fly ball was staying in the park and he pitched him that way intentionally, knowing the size of the park. 2 runs in a 3-game series - nice job Mets!

I don't think Blanton has been terrible lately, it's just that he always puts the team in a hole. Obviously they can do it, but it's tough to play from behind all the time. All-in-all, not bad for a #4 though.

I liked the small ball last night. They have to realize they're not playing at home, and the style is different in some ballparks. Hope they remember this in early October in ATL (or in a playoff matchup with the Padres).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Champ wrote:

Durbin said he knew Frenchy's fly ball was staying in the park and he pitched him that way intentionally, knowing the size of the park. 2 runs in a 3-game series - nice job Mets!

I don't think Blanton has been terrible lately, it's just that he always puts the team in a hole. Obviously they can do it, but it's tough to play from behind all the time. All-in-all, not bad for a #4 though.

I liked the small ball last night. They have to realize they're not playing at home, and the style is different in some ballparks. Hope they remember this in early October in ATL (or in a playoff matchup with the Padres).

the small ball play last night was phenomenal. that was fun to watch.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

big game....GO PHILS

what does perfer mean?

Oh man...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

big game....GO PHILS

what does perfer mean?

Oh man...

he does get alittle bitchy every now and again
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    nice job winning another road series. madson and lidge have looked better in the last week than they have all year. hopefully that trend continues.

starting tomorrow they have 23 games in 22 days. time to sac up fellas

9-3 without howard (I was one game off on my 8-4 prediction that jeags lauged at me for). they don't need to rush him back, especially since SF is throwing 2 lefties. will be great to see utley back tomorrow night. he is a complete animal.

Signing deadline is midnight. Phils finally locked up some high school guys. Hopefully there are a few more signings in the next 12 hours. Scott Frazier, their 9th rounder RHP with a scholarship to Pepperdine, is the guy I want really want to see them sign.

The Phillies agreed to terms on a pair of over-slot draft deals, MLBTR has learned. Prep outfielder Brian Pointer, drafted in the 28th round, will sign for high third-round money. Baseball America's Jim Callis tweets that the amount is $350K. Pointer had been prepared to play ball at Oregon State. Prep righthander Jonathan Musser, chosen in the 21st round, agreed to a deal worth $300K. Both players are advised by Adam Karon of Sosnick Cobbe Sports. Karon also advises pitcher Steve McKinnon, a 32nd-rounder signed by the Rangers earlier today.
    The Fixer wrote:

9-3 without howard (I was one game off on my 8-4 prediction that jeags lauged at me for). they don't need to rush him back, especially since SF is throwing 2 lefties. will be great to see utley back tomorrow night. he is a complete animal.

when did i laugh at that? i said they can't win for a prolonged period without him in the middle of the lineup and, again, i stand by that. like i said the last time you brought this up, role players usually play well for a while when initially called upon. also, as i pointed out, we are in the middle of the absolute weakest part of our schedule.

regardless, 18-6 since i predicted a 15 out of 20 run (when most around here we're shitting their pants) and something like 24-14 without utley. i hope we can get by without wilson valdez at 2nd :lol::lol::lol: --those things mean i am obviously kidding.

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    the DL move is the smart one. call me crazy, but I think gload will be fine at first while howard is out. he can't be any worse than howard was last week (4-27, 15 k's).

by my count howard will miss 12 games. I say the phils go 8-4 without him

consider yourself crazy.

luckily we dont have to face josh johnson this week.

let's hope for a complete game shut out tonight boys. gonna be a rough ride.

as long as we're in shouting distance of the braves come 9/1, we'll be fine.

here it is. it's fun being right
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    the DL move is the smart one. call me crazy, but I think gload will be fine at first while howard is out. he can't be any worse than howard was last week (4-27, 15 k's).

by my count howard will miss 12 games. I say the phils go 8-4 without him

consider yourself crazy.

luckily we dont have to face josh johnson this week.

let's hope for a complete game shut out tonight boys. gonna be a rough ride.

as long as we're in shouting distance of the braves come 9/1, we'll be fine.

here it is. it's fun being right

Let's put this in a little bit on context. Gload got injured, and we traded for Mike Sweeney, since Seattle felt bad about the Lee trade. Most would expect little dropoff from Howard to a Gload/Sweeney platoon.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Most would expect little dropoff from Howard to a Gload/Sweeney platoon.

not in this thread where howard is compared to babe ruth
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    The Fixer wrote:

why don't you give us their record without Utley as well? maybe because it doesn't help your point at all?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

why don't you give us their record without Utley as well? maybe because it doesn't help your point at all?

I never made any predictions about W-L record without their best player.
    Well, whatever the case, I can't wait to get back our TWO BEST PLAYERS (position players at least) this week. And now with a somewhat fortified bench and, hopefully, at least a competent back-end of the bullpen.

Also, Jimmy said his ankle was feeling better, and to show us insisted on stealing 3rd with 2 outs yesterday. Whatever - make it happen Jimmy! What's the usual winning pct with him scoring a run - about .900?

Did anyone else have a heartattack when they saw GNC Man warming up in the 8th last night?

anything to stear away from this endless R6 debate

The Fixer wrote:
    I never made any predictions about W-L record without their best player.

never said you did but if you are going to try and use record without Howard to disparage him it would be hyprocritcal not to do the same for Utley. Frankly to me the records without those two have no baring on how good or bad those 2 are in my mind. just trying to keep you fair to both parties, not just bashing one as you are known to do.
    Well, whatever the case, I can't wait to get back our TWO BEST PLAYERS (position players at least) this week. And now with a somewhat fortified bench and, hopefully, at least a competent back-end of the bullpen.

Also, Jimmy said his ankle was feeling better, and to show us insisted on stealing 3rd with 2 outs yesterday. Whatever - make it happen Jimmy! What's the usual winning pct with him scoring a run - about .900?

Did anyone else have a heartattack when they saw GNC Man warming up in the 8th last night?

agree on seeing Romero warming up. actually thought Charlie might be dumb enough to put him in to start the 9th since the Mets had 3 lefties coming up.

was also a bit scared when Polanco got plunked. that didn't look good. even without it being on the elbow getting hit on hand/knuckles like that can be bad news.
    pjhawks wrote:

agree on seeing Romero warming up. actually thought Charlie might be dumb enough to put him in to start the 9th since the Mets had 3 lefties coming up.

was also a bit scared when Polanco got plunked. that didn't look good. even without it being on the elbow getting hit on hand/knuckles like that can be bad news.

The Polly thing looked disastrous. Thankfully he was ok.

pjhawks wrote:

yeah, hopefully they can find a LOOGY on the waiver wire. I have zero confidence in romero or the bastard.

romero has a club option for 4.5 million next year. that should be declined the minute after the 2010 season ends
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

of course that is why.

incidentally i think it is something like 24-13 or so. we've played close to .650 baseball for a prolonged period of time without utley and are 9-3 without the r6 for a couple weeks or so.

and, we're leading the wild card right now.

this team never ceases to amaze me. let's keep it going.

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.