***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    apparently the hot chick behind home plate is making the media rounds today. i heard her on 97.5 with that tony bruno clown a couple hours ago. with any luck some better pictures will turn up somewhere around here...she sounds pretty hot too

I don't know how anyone can stand to listen to philly sports talk radio. talk about the blind leading the blind
    And there it is ....and it fucking sucks. Just got my playoff tix invoice.

Fixer, you're gonna be pissed. One game to two series. God damnit.

awesome. didn't get mine today.

I have a connection in the ticket office, so I will be reaching out to him immediately. He hooked me up last year and moved WS game 3 (halloween) to WS game 4 for me. No way I was missing the PJ show
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and can someone explain to me the 'Ill' shirts - don't get it and think they look stupid.

totall agree. they're almost as bad as the shirts that have all the players first names on them

ryan
    chase
    jimmy
    cole

awful

Count me in to the club that can't stand the "ill" shirts. :evil: Like, are you sick? Do you need some antibiotics? Wellness clinic?

wow apparantly we all hate those stupid shirts - i think the 1st thing everyone on here agrees on.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    pjhawks wrote:
    apparently the hot chick behind home plate is making the media rounds today. i heard her on 97.5 with that tony bruno clown a couple hours ago. with any luck some better pictures will turn up somewhere around here...she sounds pretty hot too

so who is she Jaegs - the mom, aunt or nanny?

that would be the hot nanny
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm standing by blanton. I think he'll be fine. Just remember charlie...100 pitches is his max. I don't care if the he's got the opposing pitcher 0-2. take him out once he hits 100 pitches.

the bullpen is another story

still can't believe they won that fucking game

he's a back end of the rotation, overweight, overpaid, turd. that's what joe blanton is.

thank god for the oswalt trade.

$8 million a year isn't overpaid for a SP. his contract is actually quite reasonable.

I'll be at oakmont tonight. My penalty for leaving early last night is I will do a shot every time they show the clip of the ruiz double

8M for a guy with an era struggling to stay under 6.00.

for 8M, you'd at least expect that slob to lose 20 pounds and be in somewhat decent shape. maybe i am asking too much here.

again--thank god for the oswalt trade. we'd be fucked without it.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

$8 million a year isn't overpaid for a SP. his contract is actually quite reasonable.

I'll be at oakmont tonight. My penalty for leaving early last night is I will do a shot every time they show the clip of the ruiz double

for 8M, you'd at least expect that slob to lose 20 pounds and be in somewhat decent shape. maybe i am asking too much here.

he was hurt for half of the 2010 season (up to this point). he's pitched better than his numbers indicate (though he's not having a great year).

he weighed the same in 2008 and 2009. I don't remember anyone complaining during those seasons.

he'll be fine. like I said...ibanez cost him 3 runs by not catching that leadoff single last night. he broke back and froze like a deer in headlights
    Ruiz scratched with a sore quad. this shit is ridiculous
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he was hurt for half of the 2010 season (up to this point). he's pitched better than his numbers indicate (though he's not having a great year).

he weighed the same in 2008 and 2009. I don't remember anyone complaining during those seasons.

he'll be fine. like I said...ibanez cost him 3 runs by not catching that leadoff single last night. he broke back and froze like a deer in headlights

i've said he's needed to lose weight for years. i've never been a big huge fan of his.

he was hurt in april dude. that's a few weeks. not close to a half a season. that is a bad excuse. perhaps if he was in better shape he would have been better equiped to be healthier sooner anyway.

i agree that he's not having a great year. he is having a god awful year.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cole has to be perfect for him to even have a shot at winning. I really don't understand these assholes' approaches at the plate sometimes. All those pop-ups in the infield reminded me of the days of Lieberthal. Thanks, guys, for ruining another stellar Hamels start.

And Blanton is fine. This year he's not, but he's a decent pitcher. The dude was Oakland's #1 at one point. In some rotations he would be a #2, most a #3, and in our's he's a #4. He's just having a shitty year. Blanton is the least of my problems.

My buddy here got that. He called up and they told him new 2010 ticket holders aren't getting WS tixx. He had transferred the tixx to his name this year.

I got one game to 3 series. DS HG3, CS HG2, WS G1 :D

Well what the fuck???? These are still my tickets, they're just not in my parents' name. What the fuck. Yeah, I'm gonna have to cause a shit storm on this.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cole has to be perfect for him to even have a shot at winning. I really don't understand these assholes' approaches at the plate sometimes. All those pop-ups in the infield reminded me of the days of Lieberthal. Thanks, guys, for ruining another stellar Hamels start.

And Blanton is fine. This year he's not, but he's a decent pitcher. The dude was Oakland's #1 at one point. In some rotations he would be a #2, most a #3, and in our's he's a #4. He's just having a shitty year. Blanton is the least of my problems.

That's gotta be a pretty big kick in the balls to every offensive player on the Phillies.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's gotta be a pretty big kick in the balls to every offensive player on the Phillies.

I swear, I don't even think they give a shit when Cole pitches. This has been a trend against him since 2007. It's friggin weird.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    HEY JEARL...THE DICKIE HURT YOU TONIGHT :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Dickey gave it to me hard tonight.

Dickey gave it to me hard tonight.

:lol: crazy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Did I call it or what? Here is my reply to Jeags earlier in the Mets thread:
    The Champ wrote:
    you sure you want to do this to yourselves this weekend?

The question is, are you ready to be R.A. Dickeyed tonight?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Did I call it or what? Here is my reply to Jeags earlier in the Mets thread:
    The Champ wrote:
    you sure you want to do this to yourselves this weekend?

The question is, are you ready to be R.A. Dickeyed tonight?

jeags really was hit hard by the dickey tonight :mrgreen: :shock:
    Jeags got rear-ended unexpectedly....I tried to warn him of it coming..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    who knows jeags may have more love for the dickey after tonight
    The fucking life of a Met fan....the damn pitcher stood in the way of the first no hitter in franchise history..lol....and not to mention, the home run that was taken away..I mean, it was clearly over the orange line..the umps not only made a horrible call after review, but overturned the correct call no less..a clear home run..haha..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The fucking life of a Met fan....the damn pitcher stood in the way of the first no hitter in franchise history..lol....and not to mention, the home run that was taken away..I mean, it was clearly over the orange line..the umps not only made a horrible call after review, but overturned the correct call no less..a clear home run..haha..

Dude, I'm not tring to be a homer here(pun intended), but that in no way was a fucking home run.
    The Champ wrote:

Dude, I'm not tring to be a homer here(pun intended), but that in no way was a fucking home run.

You should have heard the SNY crew....at Citi Field, it only needs to clear the orange line and it most definitely did without a doubt....the fan did not reach below the orange line so it doesn't matter whether he touched it or not..and it still hit off the fence clearly above the orange line..lol.....anyway, that fucking pretty boy of yours killed our chance of the clubs first no hitter..sick..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

You should have heard the SNY crew....at Citi Field, it only needs to clear the orange line and it most definitely did without a doubt....the fan did not reach below the orange line so it doesn't matter whether he touched it or not..and it still hit off the fence clearly above the orange line..lol.....anyway, that fucking pretty boy of yours killed our chance of the clubs first no hitter..sick..

Well at least I know that your announcers are just big of homers for the Mets as our douche bag announcers are for the Phils. That was just a poor approach by all hitters in our lineup. But not to take anything away from The Dick. He threw strikes consistently, and the ball was never straight.

And on an unrelated related note - Chase Utley ahead of schedule and playing in Clearwater starting tomorrow. Aw shit. That's better than a trade.
    Well at least I know that your announcers are just big of homers for the Mets as our douche bag announcers are for the Phils.

You know that's not true as our announcers are actually top-notch, which unfortunately has been the only good thing going in Flushing for some time....we didn't understand how it could be ruled fan interference when it was clearly above the orange line..anything above that doesn't matter..the fan didn't reach below the orange and Ibanez can't reach that high....In Philly it's a different scenario with the fence or whatever, which is why Ibanez was all confused I guess...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Well at least I know that your announcers are just big of homers for the Mets as our douche bag announcers are for the Phils.

You know that's not true as our announcers are actually top-notch, which unfortunately has been the only good thing going in Flushing for some time....we didn't understand how it could be ruled fan interference when it was clearly above the orange line..anything above that doesn't matter..the fan didn't reach below the orange and Ibanez can't reach that high....In Philly it's a different scenario with the fence or whatever, which is why Ibanez was all confused I guess...

I watched that ball from every angle. The dude is HANGING over the fence. Whether he touches that ball or not, it's going to hit the wall. What's ridiculous is giving Hessman a triple, as if Lurch was going to make it third. Either way that's a moot point as Cole got out of it.
    The Champ wrote:

I watched that ball from every angle. The dude is HANGING over the fence. Whether he touches that ball or not, it's going to hit the wall. What's ridiculous is giving Hessman a triple, as if Lurch was going to make it third. Either way that's a moot point as Cole got out of it.

Didn't it hit the railing above the orange line and above the damn wall?? Whatever interference happens above the orange line and wall is moot was the point, but the umps had no clue they were in citi field....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Didn't it hit the railing above the orange line and above the damn wall?? Whatever interference happens above the orange line and wall is moot was the point, but the umps had no clue they were in citi field....

It never hit the railing. Dude hung over the rail, hands stretched out, deflected off hand form a trajectory(nerdin it up here) that would've had it on target of hitting the wall anyway, not the rail. But as you said, it's a moot point, as you homos won anyway.

My buddy here got that. He called up and they told him new 2010 ticket holders aren't getting WS tixx. He had transferred the tixx to his name this year.

I got one game to 3 series. DS HG3, CS HG2, WS G1 :D

Well what the fuck???? These are still my tickets, they're just not in my parents' name. What the fuck. Yeah, I'm gonna have to cause a shit storm on this.

1 - I can give you my buddy's info in the ticket office. he is the man and he's been there a while. no promises, but he might be able to hook you up.

2 - agree on blanton. he is fine. first people wanted to throw stones at hamels, now they have turned to blanton. welcome to philly
    edited August 2010
    The Champ wrote:

1 - dickey is solid man. that knuckleball/88-90 mph fastball combo is unheard of.

2 - rollins and victorino are the same player. swing recklessly and pop everything up.

3 - who designed citi field? why would you put a hr line underneath a railing

4 - I wanted to see the phils get some baserunners in the ninth. who was gonna close for the mets, john franco?
    Post edited by The Fixer on

And on an unrelated related note - Chase Utley ahead of schedule and playing in Clearwater starting tomorrow. Aw shit. That's better than a trade.

utley is a fucking animal. he will back before black jared
This discussion has been closed.