***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    pjhawks wrote:

oh so i guess it is appealing to like 5th grade humor - seems a bit deuschey to me but what do i know?

Yes, pure immaturity at its finest.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    JP, I prefer this one

41dxoIjRM%2BL._AA300_.jpg

Couple years ago, still....
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JP, I prefer this one

Awesome. You're still pussies.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JP, I prefer this one

are the Giants going to have 'bring your children to work day' so Lawrence Taylor can have some fun?
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JP, I prefer this one

are the Giants going to have 'bring your children to work day' so Lawrence Taylor can have some fun?

OH! OH! I know what comes next! Something along the lines of Michael Vick and dogs! Yay. I like this game.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JP, I prefer this one

Hey now....alleged

OH! OH! I know what comes next! Something along the lines of Michael Vick and dogs! Yay. I like this game.

haha, I actually couldn't come up with an Eagles criminal on the spot. Fuck, I am slow on Fridays
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Hey now....alleged

You're right. No one's going to believe a child anyway. Don't worry. I had to deal with this with Lenny Dykstra - but less pedophile-rapeish-like.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Hey now....alleged

You're right. No one's going to believe a child anyway. Don't worry. I had to deal with this with Lenny Dykstra - but less pedophile-rapeish-like.

Yeah, in all seriousness it's a really fucked up situation and I don't really know what to think. LT has some serious fucking issues.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hey now....alleged

Yeah, in all seriousness it's a really fucked up situation and I don't really know what to think. LT has some serious fucking issues.

Well, what are these guys really? Pretty much savage beasts that without sports would be destroying everything around them if they're not behind bars. And we pay money to watch them, and root for them.

Well, what are these guys really? Pretty much savage beasts that without sports would be destroying everything around them if they're not behind bars. And we pay money to watch them, and root for them.

Football is a pretty sick sport in the overall grand scheme of things, I mean look at the health of retired players. It is fucking sickening. We are basically paying and cheering them while they absolutely destory their health.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Football is a pretty sick sport in the overall grand scheme of things, I mean look at the health of retired players. It is fucking sickening. We are basically paying and cheering them while they absolutely destory their health.

Sounds cliche', but they really are modern day gladiators.

The best thing for the sport - or for the athletes - is for them to wear less padding and equipment. The more they put on the more they feel they're able to be human missiles.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The best thing for the sport - or for the athletes - is for them to wear less padding and equipment. The more they put on the more they feel they're able to be human missiles.

Very true, the speed and power of these guys is just insane.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, man. Hence rugby players. They hit hard, but - and this sounds nuts - it's reasonable. The harder you hit someone the harder it's also going to hurt you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

GOD DAMNIT. I've been hearing this all over, but I must not have been looking hard enough. One of the worst things to me is missing out on something - especially oggling smoking hot broads.

you can see her briefly in this news video from nbc10.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/spo ... lphia.html

and can someone explain to me the 'Ill' shirts - don't get it and think they look stupid.

god bless those knockers. that chick was awesome.

the ill shirts are stupid. and they are now everywhere. you know they suck when an nbc10 news reporter sports it on tv. awful.
    www.myspace.com

Yeah, man. Hence rugby players. They hit hard, but - and this sounds nuts - it's reasonable. The harder you hit someone the harder it's also going to hurt you.

I hear you. We have had the rugby/football discussion many times. It's also a different type of contact.
    the ill shirts are stupid. and they are now everywhere. you know they suck when an nbc10 news reporter sports it on tv. awful.

Especially when it is THAT reporter.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Especially when it is THAT reporter.

Exactly. Just like Entourage, Kings Of Leon, and now these shirts.

and don't forget the short shorts she had on - just beautiful.

and can't believe we agree on the Ill shirts Jaegs - i figured you'd be into those.
    pjhawks wrote:

and can't believe we agree on the Ill shirts Jaegs - i figured you'd be into those.

when my mom tells me she wants one, as she did last weekend, that's when i know i'm out.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

when my mom tells me she wants one, as she did last weekend, that's when i know i'm out.

Yeesh. Does rebelling against your parents start up again in your 30's?
    And there it is ....and it fucking sucks. Just got my playoff tix invoice.

Fixer, you're gonna be pissed. One game to two series. God damnit.
    pjhawks wrote:

Yeesh. Does rebelling against your parents start up again in your 30's?

it never ends my friend. it never ends.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314
    And there it is ....and it fucking sucks. Just got my playoff tix invoice.

Fixer, you're gonna be pissed. One game to two series. God damnit.

My buddy here got that. He called up and they told him new 2010 ticket holders aren't getting WS tixx. He had transferred the tixx to his name this year.

I got one game to 3 series. DS HG3, CS HG2, WS G1 :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    apparently the hot chick behind home plate is making the media rounds today. i heard her on 97.5 with that tony bruno clown a couple hours ago. with any luck some better pictures will turn up somewhere around here...she sounds pretty hot too
    www.myspace.com
    apparently the hot chick behind home plate is making the media rounds today. i heard her on 97.5 with that tony bruno clown a couple hours ago. with any luck some better pictures will turn up somewhere around here...she sounds pretty hot too

so who is she Jaegs - the mom, aunt or nanny?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm standing by blanton. I think he'll be fine. Just remember charlie...100 pitches is his max. I don't care if the he's got the opposing pitcher 0-2. take him out once he hits 100 pitches.

the bullpen is another story

still can't believe they won that fucking game

he's a back end of the rotation, overweight, overpaid, turd. that's what joe blanton is.

thank god for the oswalt trade.

$8 million a year isn't overpaid for a SP. his contract is actually quite reasonable.

I'll be at oakmont tonight. My penalty for leaving early last night is I will do a shot every time they show the clip of the ruiz double
    pjhawks wrote:

and can someone explain to me the 'Ill' shirts - don't get it and think they look stupid.

totall agree. they're almost as bad as the shirts that have all the players first names on them

ryan
    chase
    jimmy
    cole

awful
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

one of my good buddies from high school played o-line at wake forest. he moves around like he's 60. he said he is amazed how anyone can last more than a year in the NFL. He said pass blocking was the worst. Just give ground and wait for someone to run at you full speed and blast you
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

totall agree. they're almost as bad as the shirts that have all the players first names on them

ryan
    chase
    jimmy
    cole

awful

Count me in to the club that can't stand the "ill" shirts. :evil: Like, are you sick? Do you need some antibiotics? Wellness clinic?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.