***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Injuries Injuries Injuries, this team is cursed on that front i swear. But how they keep on fighting is why we love this team so much. Lets keep it up boys and then lets kick them muts down even deeper.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Fun game to be at last night, except for dealing with drunk guys with fake ID's who have to ruin it for everyone. There was a huge collective groan when G-Love pulled up.

damn kids. the worst is on dollar dog night. those little college and high schoolers come out of the woodwork for those games.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    Fun game to be at last night, except for dealing with drunk guys with fake ID's who have to ruin it for everyone. There was a huge collective groan when G-Love pulled up.

damn kids. the worst is on dollar dog night. those little college and high schoolers come out of the woodwork for those games.

and on dollar dog nights they only let you buy one beer at a time - royal pain in the ass those games.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314

Ok, I'm having trouble letting this go. This idiot stumbled and just about fell on my 7 1/2 month pregnant wife, before I pushed him away. He was also spilling beer all over the place (and on my friend) the whole game. Then his friend was trying to apologize and make nice; I told him to get lost. I don't know - these guys weren't doing anything mean or anything to warrant the text to the ushers (until they were leaving); just being annoying idiots. I mean, I used to be younger and drink a little more, but I never acted like that. It seems like Phillies games are, unfortunately, becoming more like Eagles games.

WTF!

Why do Philadelphians have to act like such idiots? You go to Wisconsin, everyone drinks, but everyone's cool.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Ok, I'm having trouble letting this go. This idiot stumbled and just about fell on my 7 1/2 month pregnant wife, before I pushed him away. He was also spilling beer all over the place (and on my friend) the whole game. Then his friend was trying to apologize and make nice; I told him to get lost. I don't know - these guys weren't doing anything mean or anything to warrant the text to the ushers (until they were leaving); just being annoying idiots. I mean, I used to be younger and drink a little more, but I never acted like that. It seems like Phillies games are, unfortunately, becoming more like Eagles games.

WTF!

Why do Philadelphians have to act like such idiots? You go to Wisconsin, everyone drinks, but everyone's cool.

at least at eagles games you don't get too many casual idiot kids like that though. most everyone's had season tickets for years at the linc.

can't speak for wisonsin, but there's idiots everywhere man.

at cbp, the worst is if you sit in one of the last rows so your back is right up against all the standing room only people. i had seats there for a game earlier this year. and it seemed like there was about 20 drunk high schooler's texting and chatting and not giving a shit about the game right behind us. i could hear all their stupid conversations. it was pretty annoying.
    www.myspace.com
    at least at eagles games you don't get too many casual idiot kids like that though. most everyone's had season tickets for years at the linc.

at cbp, the worst is if you sit in one of the last rows so your back is right up against all the standing room only people. i had seats there for a game earlier this year. and it seemed like there was about 20 drunk high schooler's texting and chatting and not giving a shit about the game right behind us. i could hear all their stupid conversations. it was pretty annoying.

Just seems like we've got more than our fair share here.

Alright Joe the Pitcher, time to step up tonight!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Left-Handed Relief Options For Phillies
    By Tim Dierkes [August 11, 2010 at 9:25am CST]
    The Phillies have acknowledged their need for a reliable left-handed reliever. We mentioned the recently recalled Antonio Bastardo and free agent Scott Eyre yesterday, but who else is out there?

If we exclude the Rockies as sellers, six potential left-handed relief trade candidates jump out: Mark Hendrickson (Orioles), Pedro Feliciano (Mets), Doug Slaten (Nationals), Brian Tallet (Blue Jays), Brian Fuentes (Angels), and Mike Gonzalez (Orioles). Gonzalez has been injured much of the season so we won't look at his numbers. The samples are otherwise tiny for the other five southpaws, but all have pitched well against lefties in 2010 (xFIPs below 4.00).

Tallet, Fuentes, and Gonzalez are well-paid and likely to clear waivers. That might make trading them easier, if their clubs are willing to assume significant salary. Feliciano can probably be ruled out for two reasons: the Mets will be reluctant to help the Phillies, and as a Type B free agent he brings the possibility of draft pick compensation after the season. Hendrickson and Slaten are the best fits - they're cheap and controllable for next year. However, Hendrickson could be claimed by an American League team and Slaten would have to make it past the Dodgers, among others.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

WTF!

I'm a pretty laid back dude but that would have caused me to flip the fuck out
    The Phillies have acknowledged their need for a reliable left-handed reliever. We mentioned the recently recalled Antonio Bastardo and free agent Scott Eyre yesterday, but who else is out there?

If we exclude the Rockies as sellers, six potential left-handed relief trade candidates jump out: Mark Hendrickson (Orioles), Pedro Feliciano (Mets), Doug Slaten (Nationals), Brian Tallet (Blue Jays), Brian Fuentes (Angels), and Mike Gonzalez (Orioles). Gonzalez has been injured much of the season so we won't look at his numbers. The samples are otherwise tiny for the other five southpaws, but all have pitched well against lefties in 2010 (xFIPs below 4.00).

Tallet, Fuentes, and Gonzalez are well-paid and likely to clear waivers. That might make trading them easier, if their clubs are willing to assume significant salary. Feliciano can probably be ruled out for two reasons: the Mets will be reluctant to help the Phillies, and as a Type B free agent he brings the possibility of draft pick compensation after the season. Hendrickson and Slaten are the best fits - they're cheap and controllable for next year. However, Hendrickson could be claimed by an American League team and Slaten would have to make it past the Dodgers, among others.

We want a LOOGY not JC the loony. Sorry - had to do it.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm still pissed, but I'm trying to move past it.

Just seems like we've got more than our fair share here.

you're preaching to the choir man...

We want a LOOGY not JC the loony. Sorry - had to do it.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm still pissed, but I'm trying to move past it.

phils are desperate for a LOOGY. and 3 RH relievers. Unfortunately I don't see much help coming
    Underrated story right now is that the deadline to sign 2010 draft picks is Monday. The phils have only signed 1 high school player from the draft. There are still 2 guys that were among their top 10 picks that haven't signed yet (both have strong scholarship offers...an SP to pepperdine and an OF to UCLA).

The phils have a history of waiting until just before the deadline to announce overslot signings (as encouraged by the commish office). Hopefully they will have some big signings to announce over the weekend and into monday. Guys like Dom Brown, Colvin, etc were all late round guys that signed right before the deadline. This shit is imperative to future success.

I never understood why the MLB draft doesn't receive more coverage. Especially locally with the guys the phils drafted.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    I haven't really seen much of him since he went to Baltimore(that's where he went right?), but I think going after Gonzalez might be a move that they gotta make. EDIT: Just checked out his stats. I guess he's been hurt? And yeah, not good for the little sample size he's had there. But maybe he just needs to get back in the NL where his numbers have been alright. Probably not worth the 6 mil next year, but I'm sure if he performs they'll be able to move him. I'm humoring myself into anything right now...

Any word on Special Sauce?
    shane vicorino....set to be in the lineup this evening.... :clap:

come on phat joe...get us 7 innings you fat son of a bitch.
    www.myspace.com
    I haven't really seen much of him since he went to Baltimore(that's where he went right?), but I think going after Gonzalez might be a move that they gotta make. EDIT: Just checked out his stats. I guess he's been hurt? And yeah, not good for the little sample size he's had there. But maybe he just needs to get back in the NL where his numbers have been alright. Probably not worth the 6 mil next year, but I'm sure if he performs they'll be able to move him. I'm humoring myself into anything right now...

---doubt they'd take a shot at him with the money next year, but he should be there when the phils would have a shot at him. i like him with that weird ass delivery.

On the plus side, Gonzalez has pitched well in nine games since coming off the disabled list with shoulder problems. He has a 2.00 ERA with a .194 batting average against him in those games. In his career, the 32-year-old has held lefthanded hitters to a .210 average. Since he's had experience as a closer, he could be an insurance policy if Brad Lidge falters.
    www.myspace.com

I'll be there tonight. nice to have daquiri boy back.

I'm surprised they kept dom brown up. I think bastardo sucks, but they really need the extra lefty in the pen...you know, since romero sucks even worse. I would have kept the bastard up and sent brown down for the next 3 weeks.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'll be there tonight. nice to have daquiri boy back.

I'm surprised they kept dom brown up. I think bastardo sucks, but they really need the extra lefty in the pen...you know, since romero sucks even worse. I would have kept the bastard up and sent brown down for the next 3 weeks.
    agree
    www.myspace.com

---doubt they'd take a shot at him with the money next year, but he should be there when the phils would have a shot at him. i like him with that weird ass delivery.

On the plus side, Gonzalez has pitched well in nine games since coming off the disabled list with shoulder problems. He has a 2.00 ERA with a .194 batting average against him in those games. In his career, the 32-year-old has held lefthanded hitters to a .210 average. Since he's had experience as a closer, he could be an insurance policy if Brad Lidge falters.

I'd take any LH reliever right now. even if we do have to watch gonzalez rock back and forth like an idiot on the mound. that shit drives me nuts

my guess is that they grab tallet from toronto. amaro seems to have a good relationship with the GM up there (gillick ties)
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd take any LH reliever right now. even if we do have to watch gonzalez rock back and forth like an idiot on the mound. that shit drives me nuts

my guess is that they grab tallet from toronto. amaro seems to have a good relationship with the GM up there (gillick ties)

Yeah, apparently they're keeping Brown up until they know Gload is good to go. Apparently he's day-to-day right now, and not worth taking off the roster for 15 days, which is a God damn relief.
    gload's day to day. but then again, aren't we all? :lol:

the r6 will hopefully be back for the giants series and we just got the sputtering muts this weekend. we'll be fine.

these injuries could not have come at a better time :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, I thought Victorino wasn't starting tonight.
    Ahh, the beauty of the game being on MLB Network - I don't have to listen to No-Sideburns Pedophile, and Tits McGhee. Perfect.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    had to bet the rubber match.... go phils :o
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    fuck me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    And I had to speak too soon. MLB pulled it for their stupid show. Damnit.

And that is now 18 of 19 starts where Fat Joe gives up 1st inning runs. Unbelievable. He's really playing himself out of a job if we make the playoffs. Cause there's NO WAY IN HELL Kendrick is the 4th man if we make it. It'll definitely be a 3 man rotation if this fat asshole can't get his shit together.

Also, Rollins can lick my scrote with the way he approaches his at-bats. They really do not make any sense.
    Gotta loooove that bullpen! :thumbup: :clap:
    And I had to speak too soon. MLB pulled it for their stupid show. Damnit.

And that is now 18 of 19 starts where Fat Joe gives up 1st inning runs. Unbelievable. He's really playing himself out of a job if we make the playoffs. Cause there's NO WAY IN HELL Kendrick is the 4th man if we make it. It'll definitely be a 3 man rotation if this fat asshole can't get his shit together.

Also, Rollins can lick my scrote with the way he approaches his at-bats. They really do not make any sense.

my seats are right next to ibanez...he absolutely should have caught that ball podsednick hit to leadoff the game. that cost blanton 3 runs. He really didn't pitch that poorly. Nice to see manuel leave him in too long again. He should be yanked immediately once he reaches 100 pitches...I don't care what the situation is.

I'm home already. Earliest I've ever left a phils game. Have a job interview tomorrow so I wasn't drinking at all. and let's just say I didn't enjoy tonight's phils promotion.

I'm getting old. I can't take the phils crowds anymore unless I have a buzz
    that rollins/broxton clip just doesn't get old.
    The Fixer wrote:
    that rollins/broxton clip just doesn't get old.

Nope. Would've liked to have gotten one more run in that last inning. Polanco dinged. Let's go peoples.

And Blanton hasn't been bad lately. It's those first innings.
    And this minor league ump has been terrible.
This discussion has been closed.