***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    i just bet 250 on kendrick

maybe its time to take a break from the wagering there kid. this team has 3 aces and you choose to wait till they throw their number 5 starter out to bet on them. :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i just bet 250 on kendrick

maybe its time to take a break from the wagering there kid. this team has 3 aces and you choose to wait till they throw their number 5 starter out to bet on them. :lol::lol::lol:

yes but i get zero odds with the good guys pitching

good thing i hit brazil last night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    Did Rollins get hurt tonight or something? Once it was 7-0, I took a much deserved nap.

And, sure, Kendrick will have a night here or there where he has a decent outing, but tonight is exactly why everyone should remember he's Kyle fucking Kendrick.

not sure why Charlie felt the need to use 7 different pitchers in this game either. at some point at the end just leave someone out there, preferably Baez or Herndon. And can someone explain to me why the 2 time defending NL champs feel the need to keep a lousy rule 5 pitcher like Herndon on their roster all year? Would it really be so bad if we had to offer him back to the Angels? He sucks, i don't understand wasting a roster spot for this guy. We currenly only have 4 bench players because of this - stupid.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Did Rollins get hurt tonight or something? Once it was 7-0, I took a much deserved nap.

And, sure, Kendrick will have a night here or there where he has a decent outing, but tonight is exactly why everyone should remember he's Kyle fucking Kendrick.

not sure why Charlie felt the need to use 7 different pitchers in this game either. at some point at the end just leave someone out there, preferably Baez or Herndon. And can someone explain to me why the 2 time defending NL champs feel the need to keep a lousy rule 5 pitcher like Herndon on their roster all year? Would it really be so bad if we had to offer him back to the Angels? He sucks, i don't understand wasting a roster spot for this guy. We currenly only have 4 bench players because of this - stupid.

i'd have kept figurora or however you spell his name. games like last night happen. gotta bounce back tonight.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314
    pjhawks wrote:

You're right - he's sabotaged the bullpen all year. Also, I'd have left GNC Man in in the 9th to punish him for walking Sherill. Hey Charlie, it's already 15-7 - who cares how many runs they score!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:

manuel is awful. he had rollins in there limping around in the 7th inning of a blowout. so dumb

as for the herndon thing...it's all about money. but you don't care about that stuff
    ozzy better get my money back tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

manuel is awful. he had rollins in there limping around in the 7th inning of a blowout. so dumb

as for the herndon thing...it's all about money. but you don't care about that stuff

agree on why Rollins was in the lineup late like that. On the play he fell down I was heck of a lot more concerned with him getting up and being ok than the error. He still doesn't look like he running as well as possible yet. Hopefully he can stay at least somewhat healthy the rest of the year.

not sure how the Herndon thing is about money - irregardless he sucks and we are in a pennant race. it doesn't make any sense at the end of the week we will be sending Domonic Brown back down and keeping Herndon around. And it is not like Herndon can be a spot starter. I've questionned why we have kept this guy around since May - just don't understand it.
    sending brown back down is the right move. he'd just be riding the bench up here. he got a taste and will get more come september...and october. hey oh
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2010
    pjhawks wrote:

not sure how the Herndon thing is about money - irregardless he sucks and we are in a pennant race. it doesn't make any sense at the end of the week we will be sending Domonic Brown back down and keeping Herndon around. And it is not like Herndon can be a spot starter. I've questionned why we have kept this guy around since May - just don't understand it.

they have $140+ million locked up for 2011 on something like 8 players. They need cheap major-league ready players (especially for the bullpen). They consider herndon to be a player that fits into that category. I don't necessarily agree, but that's why they kept him all year.

he can go to the minors next year as long as they keep him up all of 2010.

herndon is the least of the bullpen's problems. I think this team is gonna have a tough time getting into the playoffs with this bullpen. Been a complete disaster all year.

At least chipper and heyward got hurt...looks like chipper could be done for season
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    sending brown back down is the right move. he'd just be riding the bench up here. he got a taste and will get more come september...and october. hey oh

agree 100%
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

they have $140+ million locked up for 2011 on something like 8 players. They need cheap major-league ready players (especially for the bullpen). They consider herndon to be a player that fits into that category. I don't necessarily agree, but that's why they kept him all year.

herndon is the least of the bullpen's problems. I think this team is gonna have a tough time getting into the playoffs with this bullpen. Been a complete disaster all year.

At least chipper and heyward got hurt...looks like chipper could be done for season

i think pj hawks was more talking about keeping figeurora as opposed to herndon. not some other high priced guy...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i think pj hawks was more talking about keeping figeurora as opposed to herndon. not some other high priced guy...

I know he doesn't like to think beyond 2010, but herndon has more value for 2010 and beyond. I have no problem keeping herndon over figueroa. I think we're splitting hairs here. The long reliever isn't the main issue on this team. It's everyone else in the bullpen
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    It really is astounding reading the majority of comments on anything Phils related - or anything Philly sports related for that matter - on philly.com. I'm convinced the only people who have access to computers on that site are mutants.

Then again, normal people don't comment on philly.com or call into 610.
    our old buddy billy wagner just blew a save. tied up in bottom of ninth
    It really is astounding reading the majority of comments on anything Phils related - or anything Philly sports related for that matter - on philly.com. I'm convinced the only people who have access to computers on that site are mutants.

I'm telling you, it's philly fans. 95% are like cavemen
    just rolled again with roy
    The Fixer wrote:

Nah. I don't buy it. The majority is silent. I'd say it's still too high though, like 70/30 - 30 % morons. And the morons are always louder and more representative than the silent majority. If it was 95% cavemen then there'd be a ton more puking by trash in the stands and the such.

Spoken like a true gambler. But at least you're being more reasonable this time.
    jeags boy pedro feliz with an error that leads to an atlanta run.

mother fucker
    Uts cleared to swing. Yeah, bitch.

Spoken like a true gambler. But at least you're being more reasonable this time.

i'm surprised he didn't wait till blanton's next start
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Nah. I don't buy it. The majority is silent. I'd say it's still too high though, like 70/30 - 30 % morons. And the morons are always louder and more representative than the silent majority. If it was 95% cavemen then there'd be a ton more puking by trash in the stands and the such.

there's idiots EVERYWHERE guys. its not just philly. any newspaper/website anywhere in the world has scumbags posting comments below the article. i have no idea how a supposedly reputable company/newspaper can let nitwits like that sully their articles though. there's no need for a comment section. it's a joke.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Yeah, going to be awesome. Comedy Central had great ones on last night. The home makeover, the one where frank buys the foreclosure and the road trip. All solid episodes.
    gload just went down. this is fucking out of control
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    Holy fucking shit Lidge! Get rid rid of him! :x

Instead of going after Oswalt maybe the Phills should have gone after a closer instead.

Well apparently Lidge must be on this site and saw this and stepped up his game, yeah that's it :roll: :lol:
    Good game except with Gload pulled his hammy. Now can Atlanta start losing?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    First, God damnit, Special Sauce.

Two, I don't know how Jimmy ever won an MVP. How you can be in the league 10 years, and call yourself a professional hitter and have that kind of approach at the plate with a guy on third is beyond me.

Third, solid win, but could've been better.
    god bless that roy oswalt :clap::clap::clap:

and that will make it 15 out of our last 19 :thumbup:

confidence levels? oh they're high... :mrgreen:

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,314
    Fun game to be at last night, except for dealing with drunk guys with fake ID's who have to ruin it for everyone. There was a huge collective groan when G-Love pulled up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.