***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    And the Marlins broadcasters are fucking awesome on that blown call. Absolutely hilarious.

Ha, heard both calls today. Marlins were so fucking pissed and McCarthy was like "I think that curved around the bag" he is the biggest fucking homer in the world.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And the Marlins broadcasters are fucking awesome on that blown call. Absolutely hilarious.

Ha, heard both calls today. Marlins were so fucking pissed and McCarthy was like "I think that curved around the bag" he is the biggest fucking homer in the world.

Him and Wheels are absolutely fucking brutal. And it's getting worse and worse with every game. Even my dad, who doesn't even care about that shit, is being pushed to his break point.

I wish there was some way of getting the radio broadcasters on my tv - it'd be great if HD TV's had radio tuners built in, and were also synched up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Him and Wheels are absolutely fucking brutal. And it's getting worse and worse with every game. Even my dad, who doesn't even care about that shit, is being pushed to his break point.

I wish there was some way of getting the radio broadcasters on my tv - it'd be great if HD TV's had radio tuners built in, and were also synched up.

I tried doing this a while ago with the MLB radio app on my phone when I had the away announcers on Extra Innings. The timing was off. I have tried it with a radio before as well and that was also off.

They are horrible.
    I guess because Dutch is being inducted into the Phils Wall of Fame that they're not going to acknowledge how crazy he is. Dude is a loon.

EDIT: HA! He's talking about it right now! Fucking hilarious. Still crazy though.

And here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMMMEjyf9w
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I met Ricky Bo in the parking lot night 4 at the spectrum. I asked him about dalton,he said he's crazy and there not friends at all. Kinda funny that he has to be nice on tv and talk nice when he can't stand the guy.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    I honestly got real excited when Parnell came into the game. Seems like the Phils really love hitting that guy. Awesome rally!

12 in a row at home!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I met Ricky Bo in the parking lot night 4 at the spectrum. I asked him about dalton,he said he's crazy and there not friends at all. Kinda funny that he has to be nice on tv and talk nice when he can't stand the guy.
    u were like a fat kid in a candy store when u realized it was ricky bo

:razz:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I honestly got real excited when Parnell came into the game. Seems like the Phils really love hitting that guy. Awesome rally!

12 in a row at home!

So, this is ridiculous - you bring in Baez in the 9th to get his confidence back. Then he gets 2 outs, and gives up a hit and a bleeder down the line. Then you take him out and put in GNC Man. Way to get his confidence back! Just let the guy finish the damn inning.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yo, off topic fellas but have any of you guys every been to Blue Horizon for the fights? I hear it is a good time. Have some buddies coming into town the same weekend as the next fights and thinking about going. Anyone ever been?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yo, off topic fellas but have any of you guys every been to Blue Horizon for the fights? I hear it is a good time. Have some buddies coming into town the same weekend as the next fights and thinking about going. Anyone ever been?

I have. And it's fucking awesome. Met Tex Cobb there. Boy, is he punch drunk. Do it, it is awesome. Just watch yourself at night. I mean it is North Philly.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I have. And it's fucking awesome. Met Tex Cobb there. Boy, is he punch drunk. Do it, it is awesome. Just watch yourself at night. I mean it is North Philly.

Good shit. I was thinking that was going to be our plan but just wanted to make sure. I have heard it is a great time. Thanks, man. Haha, going to be pretty funny when I tell them we are going to watch fights in North Philly. We will be good though. Thanks again.

Thats pretty sweet you met him there. He is one rough looking dude.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good shit. I was thinking that was going to be our plan but just wanted to make sure. I have heard it is a great time. Thanks, man. Haha, going to be pretty funny when I tell them we are going to watch fights in North Philly. We will be good though. Thanks again.

Thats pretty sweet you met him there. He is one rough looking dude.

Yeah, the subway pretty much drops you off right there so you'll be good.

You can just feel the decades and decades of fights in there. We got seats in the balcony, which were like 50 bucks, and you're literally right over the action sitting in on these rickity wooden benches. Also, they don't have A/C, so you're gonna get the full experience sitting there sweating your balls off.

Yeah, the subway pretty much drops you off right there so you'll be good.

You can just feel the decades and decades of fights in there. We got seats in the balcony, which were like 50 bucks, and you're literally right over the action sitting in on these rickity wooden benches. Also, they don't have A/C, so you're gonna get the full experience sitting there sweating your balls off.

That's fucking awesome. The pictures I have seen of it look awesome. Like you said, the balcony looks like it's right on top of the ring. Seems like a real old school boxing venue. I read a while back it has a shit load of history. I have been wanting to do it for a while and this is perfect. These guys will fucking love it.

Is it north of Temple? Edit: looks like it's just south of it at Girard
    The braves announcer just said...."giddyup jason"
    Aaaaaaaaaaannnd ONE GAME BACK.

You can thank Larry Wayne for that one.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You can thank Larry Wayne for that one.

Absolutely. So far thank you cards are going out to Larry Jones, and Bob Davidson.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

yes sirrrrrrrrrr.

before I read thru tonights chatter I just want to say...charlie manuel, you fucking suck

I lived in florida for a little bit. their announcers are MLB top 5 in my book.

that call was great (and accurate)...those guys are awesome. tommy hutton is an ex-phil.
    I guess because Dutch is being inducted into the Phils Wall of Fame that they're not going to acknowledge how crazy he is. Dude is a loon.

EDIT: HA! He's talking about it right now! Fucking hilarious. Still crazy though.

And here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMMMEjyf9w

best part of dutch being inducted was that I got an extra half hour in the parking lot.

the fact that he's inducted into their HOF speaks volumes. whatever, this teams history should start in 2006

12 in a row at home!

So, this is ridiculous - you bring in Baez in the 9th to get his confidence back. Then he gets 2 outs, and gives up a hit and a bleeder down the line. Then you take him out and put in GNC Man. Way to get his confidence back! Just let the guy finish the damn inning.

I was so pissed when this happened. baez was fine. he sawed a dude off and manuel took him out to bring in romero (to face what he had to know was gonna be a RH pinch hitter!!!!!!!!!!!)

I can't stand manuel. I think he sucks
    The Fixer wrote:

least your manuel knows how to manage. why jerry manuel took out niese for parnell is beyond me. parnell got fucking rocked in his last pitching appearance. who gives a shit if niese has got 112 pitches through 7 innings.

enjoy the sweep phils fan

thank fuck spike tv is showing the ufc 117 prelims today

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

least your manuel knows how to manage. why jerry manuel took out niese for parnell is beyond me. parnell got fucking rocked in his last pitching appearance. who gives a shit if niese has got 112 pitches through 7 innings.

enjoy the sweep phils fan

thank fuck spike tv is showing the ufc 117 prelims today

funny, my best friend from college lives on long island...HUGE mets fan. when charlie took baez out (before the fucking hessman HR), I told him he had the better manuel manager.

his response was 'fuck you, the mets suck'

haha, he won
    The Fixer wrote:

funny, my best friend from college lives on long island...HUGE mets fan. when charlie took baez out (before the fucking hessman HR), I told him he had the better manuel manager.

haha, he won
    hahaha typical mets fan

edited August 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, he won
    hahaha typical mets fan

he's awesome. it really sucked going to school with all mets/yanks fans though...late 90's/early 00's. not a good time to be a phillies fan.

the full moon is dead skin

I'm drunk as shit
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Muts suck lets go Giants
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

he's awesome. it really sucked going to school with all mets/yanks fans though...late 90's. not a good time to be a phillies fan.

I'm drunk as shit
    where did you go to school

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he's awesome. it really sucked going to school with all mets/yanks fans though...late 90's. not a good time to be a phillies fan.

I'm drunk as shit
    where did you go to school

got into towson and rutgers. chose towson because it was 6-1 girl to guy ratio. seriously.

lot of peeps from Strong Island. good people. idiots, but great dudes.

if you hear stories about girls from towson...believe them, they're true
    The Fixer wrote:
    got into towson and rutgers. chose towson because it was 6-1 girl to guy ratio. seriously.

lot of peeps from Strong Island. good people. idiots, but great dudes.

if you hear stories about girls from towson...believe them, they're true

I'm such an idiot for not going to a school like that. Or maybe I was just broke. Oh well.

Yeah, Niese was cruising last night. Jerry definitely should've left him in. I always thought that guy was in over his head.

I'm giving props where they're due. Acquiring Sweeney is a Gillick type move, and Amaro is due some acknowledgement.
This discussion has been closed.