***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    God damn fuckin rain. I just want to watch a Gawd damn baseball game!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    the DL move is the smart one. call me crazy, but I think gload will be fine at first while howard is out. he can't be any worse than howard was last week (4-27, 15 k's).

by my count howard will miss 12 games. I say the phils go 8-4 without him

consider yourself crazy.

luckily we dont have to face josh johnson this week.

let's hope for a complete game shut out tonight boys. gonna be a rough ride.

as long as we're in shouting distance of the braves come 9/1, we'll be fine.

there's my boy ross, dropping gloads
    I really don't believe werth is hitting .290 this year. someone in the phillies organization had to have hacked into the MLB player database and fudged those numbers. or werth's agent
    The Fixer wrote:
    I really don't believe werth is hitting .290 this year. someone in the phillies organization had to have hacked into the MLB player database and fudged those numbers. or werth's agent

I know! That's how ridiculous his first two months were.

I'm still trying to think of a nickname for Gload. I'm thinking G-Load.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm 100% opposed to the one letter-abbreviated last name nicknames. It really bothers me. We can do better
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm 100% opposed to the one letter-abbreviated last name nicknames. It really bothers me. We can do better

Nope. There's nothing better we can do.

Nope. There's nothing better we can do.[/quote]

G-Load and Special Sauce
    don't run on that hand canon son

That seals it...heading down early on friday to get my #9 t-shirt
    The Fixer wrote:
    don't run on that hand canon son

That seals it...heading down early on friday to get my #9 t-shirt

Yeah, definitely the next jersey I invest in. I wanna make sure I know what number he sticks with when he's permanently up. I hope he goes back to #7. Best number ever in sports.
    The Fixer wrote:

G-Load and Special Sauce

That's it. Special Sauce. Nice and gay like. I'm calling him Special Sauce.
    The Fixer wrote:

G-Load and Special Sauce

That's it. Special Sauce. Nice and gay like. I'm calling him Special Sauce.

not bad. I'm on board
    Man, Jimmy's not running well at all right now. Hopefully by September he's at full speed.

Also, SEVEN strikeouts in a row for Werth. Worst .290 hitter in the league right now.
    why did the marlins just intentinally walk gload if they were bringing a lefty in? man, I thought charlie was bad...even he wouldn't pull something like that
    The Fixer wrote:
    why did the marlins just intentinally walk gload if they were bringing a lefty in? man, I thought charlie was bad...even he wouldn't pull something like that

Less than two outs, the only thing I can think of - as well as Gload's a little more inside-out with his swing. Other than that, I can only think they want Brown to prove himself.

Welp, that'll take care of that. Man, this dude is fucking good.
    The Fixer wrote:

Less than two outs, the only thing I can think of - as well as Gload's a little more inside-out with his swing. Other than that, I can only think they want Brown to prove himself.

Welp, that'll take care of that. Man, this dude is fucking good.

If I'm managing I make gload beat me there. how many ABs does he have vs lefties this year? gotta be less than 5.

I'd never intentionally walk someone in the top of the 5th, but that's just me.
    Man, Jimmy's not running well at all right now. Hopefully by September he's at full speed.

Also, SEVEN strikeouts in a row for Werth. Worst .290 hitter in the league right now.

yeah, I've always thought that rollins is the key to the phils lineup. when he's consistently on base, this offense is unstoppable. it doesn't matter who's hitting cleanup
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, I've always thought that rollins is the key to the phils lineup. when he's consistently on base, this offense is unstoppable. it doesn't matter who's hitting cleanup

Ya think there's any chance they turn Singleton into a left fielder?
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm sure they'll give it a shot. Probably send him to winter ball to try something like that. I've never seen the guy play, so I have no idea what type of body he has

You see that they shut Cosart down for rest of the year? Arm soreness...hopefully that's not serious
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm sure they'll give it a shot. Probably send him to winter ball to try something like that. I've never seen the guy play, so I have no idea what type of body he has

You see that they shut Cosart down for rest of the year? Arm soreness...hopefully that's not serious

Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure they don't wanna take any chance, and protect their investment.

They were showing Singleton on this Phillies show during the delay. I'd say a Carlos Lee type, but of course not as fat.
    If Burrell can play LF, I'm assuming anyone can.

Happ tonight...1 IP, 6 hits, 3 BBs, 1 K, 7 ER. I wonder if everyone crying about the trade last week still feels the same way
    Madson's a spaz.
    Madson's a spaz.

this bullpen blows. it's pretty bad when contreras is the guy I trust the most
    The Fixer wrote:
    Madson's a spaz.

this bullpen blows. it's pretty bad when contreras is the guy I trust the most

I think he's been the only solid one. If they were gonna try someone else at closer, I'd go with him. But then again, if that happens, then we've got bigger problems.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    18-12 now without utley. i love this JV team!

dom brown is a BEAST.

go. phils.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Go figure with this team,are top 2 offensive players are hurt and we scoring 6-7 runs a game. Hoping oswalt delivers are good one tonight.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    Alright, Oswalt's first win and break out the brooms in Miami tonight, get to 1 1/2 back, right?

Let's go Phils!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Alright, Oswalt's first win and break out the brooms in Miami tonight, get to 1 1/2 back, right?

Let's go Phils!

braves face lincecum tonight (that game is on mlb network). take care of business and hope for a giants W and phils are a game back.

phils should be able to score on volstad tonight. he walks a ton of guys
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    The Fixer wrote:

Let's go Phils!

braves face lincecum tonight. take care of business and hope for a giants W and phils are a game back.

phils should be able to score on volstad tonight. he walks a ton of guys

I forgot the Braves were playing 4 vs. Giants. Lincecum, Zito, Cain, Sanchez. Ouch. Let's go - 1st place by Sunday night!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I can't wait for Sunday. We're having a huge tailgate in FDR in lieu of course the game, but also my buddy's birthday. It's gonna be a dirty, dirty Sabbath.
    I can't wait for Sunday. We're having a huge tailgate in FDR in lieu of course the game, but also my buddy's birthday. It's gonna be a dirty, dirty Sabbath.

nice. there's nothing better than prepping for a day like that. especially if you know you don't have to drive.

I'll do some boozing tomorrow at the game, but I'm keeping it low key this weekend. Got WAYYYYYYY too drunk before, during, and after the petty concert last weekend. you know you've overdone things when you get a 2 day hangover
This discussion has been closed.