***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    I can't wait for Sunday. We're having a huge tailgate in FDR in lieu of course the game, but also my buddy's birthday. It's gonna be a dirty, dirty Sabbath.

nice. there's nothing better than prepping for a day like that. especially if you know you don't have to drive.

I'll do some boozing tomorrow at the game, but I'm keeping it low key this weekend. Got WAYYYYYYY too drunk before, during, and after the petty concert last weekend. you know you've overdone things when you get a 2 day hangover

And I love that Jurrjens injured his elbow - that could be the season for him. I'm calling it now - Atlanta loses 3 of 4 to San Fran.

Wait, are they playing in SF or ATL? If it's in ATL then it's a split.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    The Fixer wrote:
    I can't wait for Sunday. We're having a huge tailgate in FDR in lieu of course the game, but also my buddy's birthday. It's gonna be a dirty, dirty Sabbath.

nice. there's nothing better than prepping for a day like that. especially if you know you don't have to drive.

I'll do some boozing tomorrow at the game, but I'm keeping it low key this weekend. Got WAYYYYYYY too drunk before, during, and after the petty concert last weekend. you know you've overdone things when you get a 2 day hangover

And I love that Jurrjens injured his elbow - that could be the season for him. I'm calling it now - Atlanta loses 3 of 4 to San Fran.

It's in ATL. Maybe SF will still take 3 of 4; they're throwing all their studs out there. I don't like to root for anyone's injuries. That is a real person.

However, the Braves' luck is bound to run out. They are ripe for the taking.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

It's in ATL. Maybe SF will still take 3 of 4; they're throwing all their studs out there. I don't like to root for anyone's injuries. That is a real person.

However, the Braves' luck is bound to run out. They are ripe for the taking.

Yeah, that is a real person who is a millionaire and is perfectly fine aside from throwing a baseball. So, yes, I'm glad he's sidelined.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    did jurrjens recently get hurt? I didn't see that
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, last night. I think he popped his UCL in his elbow.

Woops. I don't think it was Jurrjens, it was Medlen. Either way, he's been throwing really well this season too.
    The Fixer wrote:

Woops. I don't think it was Jurrjens, it was Medlen. Either way, he's been throwing really well this season too.

Yeah, I knew Medlen got hurt, and I was confused about Jurrjens.

Medlen probably isn't a millionaire yet. I'll be happy if the Braves pitching staff struggles, but I won't cheer his injury. I mean, he's not Michael Irvin! :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

ok, that's what I thought. I know nobody cares, but I just made a huge fantasy trade for jurrjens in a dynsaty league.

And Johnny, I don't think the braves are going anywhere. Their pitching is too good. This NL East race is going down to the final weekend of the season (assuming the phils scrubs can keep them in it til their beasts get healthy).

Probably heading to oakmont tonight if anyone's interested in having a beer
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ok, that's what I thought. I know nobody cares, but I just made a huge fantasy trade for jurrjens in a dynsaty league.

And Johnny, I don't think the braves are going anywhere. Their pitching is too good. This NL East race is going down to the final weekend of the season (assuming the phils scrubs can keep them in it til their beasts get healthy).

Probably heading to oakmont tonight if anyone's interested in having a beer

About what time?

Unfortunately won't be in the area tonight.

Ransom DFA'd, Rizzotti promoted to AAA. Maybe Singleton goes up to AA by the end of the season. Maybe. Probably not.
    Oh shit. More Amy Fadool. Fa Uck.

haha. I just imagine these seedy sportswriters taking ole amy out for drinks after they're done on the air. Then getting her bombed and passing her around. I can picture dick jerardi and mike kern fighting over who is up in the rotation.

probably not, but that would be cool
    The Fixer wrote:

haha. I just imagine these seedy sportswriters taking ole amy out for drinks after they're done on the air. Then getting her bombed and passing her around. I can picture dick jerardi and mike kern fighting over who is up in the rotation.

probably not, but that would be cool

Just like Kern's idol - Tagger Woods.
    special sauce in the 3 hole. LOVE IT. Let Black Jared take his time healing up
    The Fixer wrote:
    special sauce in the 3 hole. LOVE IT. Let Black Jared take his time healing up

We gotta make this catch fire.
    werth in CF = AIDS

werth at plate = AIDS + SARS
    10 hits and 2 fucking runs. can't wait for the pen to blow this one. this has 'loss they should have won' written all over it
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    The Fixer wrote:
    werth in CF = AIDS

ouch, I guess you would say I should dump him in my fantasy pool then eh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    werth in CF = AIDS

ouch, I guess you would say I should dump him in my fantasy pool then eh

he's just in a terrible slump. wouldn't dump him, but he's struggling

ughh, the phils bullpen is terrible
    The Fixer wrote:
    10 hits and 2 fucking runs. can't wait for the pen to blow this one. this has 'loss they should have won' written all over it

and there it is. this bullpen is fucking pathetic. especially romero...throw strikes ass hole.

manuel kills this team too. let's intentionally load the bases with romero pitching...even though he hasn't been able to throw strikes all year.

so annoying...need to win this game
    I'll take it anyway we can get it. Even though this should be a loss.

Don't really understand taking Oswalt out there.
    The Fixer wrote:

Ha, I'd call it a win that had loss written all over it. Nice to see a makeup call from that Greg Dobbs "foul ball" HR last year. I was arguing with stupid Red Sox fans at the park the next day about that. Not that the Marlins had anything to do with it, but that's how it goes.

Romero is horrible. Somebody take him to the GNC.

• going to the game tonight...maybe Werth will do something good...and maybe we'll win without having to go into extra innings :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    The Fixer wrote:

Romero is horrible. Somebody take him to the GNC.

haha, took me a sec to clue in what GNC was, good stuff
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    how the hell is this team only 2 game out of 1st and only 4 games away from the best record in the National League? As much as I hate Charlie got to give him credit for keeping this team on track - next guy up philosphy i guess. it works.

JC Romero - agree with the post above - you should never walk somone intentionally with Romero on the mound. the guy just can't throw strikes. he needs to be a one lefty batter pitcher and thats it.

You would think a team with a lousy bullpen would struggle in extra inning games, yet this team has won 10 straight extra inning games. baffling season.

mike sweeney equals the new geoff jenkins - man did he look excited and just happy to be there last night in the dugout. he was going nuts. i guess never making the playoffs does that to a guy.
    pjhawks wrote:
    how the hell is this team only 2 game out of 1st and only 4 games away from the best record in the National League? As much as I hate Charlie got to give him credit for keeping this team on track - next guy up philosphy i guess. it works.

JC Romero - agree with the post above - you should never walk somone intentionally with Romero on the mound. the guy just can't throw strikes. he needs to be a one lefty batter pitcher and thats it.

You would think a team with a lousy bullpen would struggle in extra inning games, yet this team has won 10 straight extra inning games. baffling season.

mike sweeney equals the new geoff jenkins - man did he look excited and just happy to be there last night in the dugout. he was going nuts. i guess never making the playoffs does that to a guy.

This team's resiliency is amazing. They've been a MASH unit all year long and they're sitting here making this nice run, with a ton of home games coming up.

I don't know why you'd still hate Charlie. I thought he messed up the '05 season (playing Bell too much), but you gotta hand it to the guy, he knows how to keep a club going.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    pjhawks wrote:

This team's resiliency is amazing. They've been a MASH unit all year long and they're sitting here making this nice run, with a ton of home games coming up.

I don't know why you'd still hate Charlie. I thought he messed up the '05 season (playing Bell too much), but you gotta hand it to the guy, he knows how to keep a club going.

Still think Chuck makes some baffling moves. and I hated him starting Pedro in the playoffs last year including twice in the world series - who starts their 6th starter in the playoffs and world series?

16 out of 19 at home - should be a lot of fun down at the park over these next few weeks - better weather hopefully (not 1000 thousand degrees) and hopefully keep the run going.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    You guys caught a hell of a break last night.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Still think Chuck makes some baffling moves. and I hated him starting Pedro in the playoffs last year including twice in the world series - who starts their 6th starter in the playoffs and world series?

16 out of 19 at home - should be a lot of fun down at the park over these next few weeks - better weather hopefully (not 1000 thousand degrees) and hopefully keep the run going.

Starting Pedro in Game 6 didn't seem like a bad idea at the time, considering how he pitched in his first 2 playoff games. The huge mistake, which everyone could see coming, was leaving him in to face Matsui the 2nd time around. He was managing the game as if the Phillies could easily come back, and not as if they were facing an elimination game.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys caught a hell of a break last night.

Yep, and we ain't apologizing for nothing!

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    winning with howard in the lineup ... interesting ... :lol:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Why Charlie didn't give Oswalt the option to finish the inning was confusing. If that was Halladay he would have sent Charlie back to the dugout in a hurry. We deff got a break and i'll take it great call Bob. Chooch is a machine, he's come a long way.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.