***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    The Fixer wrote:
    10 hits and 2 fucking runs. can't wait for the pen to blow this one. this has 'loss they should have won' written all over it

Ha, I'd call it a win that had loss written all over it. Nice to see a makeup call from that Greg Dobbs "foul ball" HR last year. I was arguing with stupid Red Sox fans at the park the next day about that. Not that the Marlins had anything to do with it, but that's how it goes.

Romero is horrible. Somebody take him to the GNC.

and don't forget the Utley homer in Washington that hit the foul pole and was called foul in september that one year - jeez what year was that? might have been 2007? was back in RFK for sure.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    10 hits and 2 fucking runs. can't wait for the pen to blow this one. this has 'loss they should have won' written all over it

Ha, I'd call it a win that had loss written all over it. Nice to see a makeup call from that Greg Dobbs "foul ball" HR last year. I was arguing with stupid Red Sox fans at the park the next day about that. Not that the Marlins had anything to do with it, but that's how it goes.

Romero is horrible. Somebody take him to the GNC.

and don't forget the Utley homer in Washington that hit the foul pole and was called foul in september that one year - jeez what year was that? might have been 2007? was back in RFK for sure.

I was thinking about the utley non-hr last night too. of course wheels mentioned the dobbs thing 1,842 times and didn't say anything about the utley play.

The 7-9th innings really pissed me off. This team makes way too many mental mistakes (a MLB team should NEVER make 3 outs on the bases in one inning -- this is a reflection of the manager). And the manager is still an idiot. Strategically, he has to be one of the worst 5 managers in baseball.

Still can't believe they won. Lucky as hell.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I was thinking about the utley non-hr last night too. of course wheels mentioned the dobbs thing 1,842 times and didn't say anything about the utley play.

The 7-9th innings really pissed me off. This team makes way too many mental mistakes (a MLB team should NEVER make 3 outs on the bases in one inning -- this is a reflection of the manager). And the manager is still an idiot. Strategically, he has to be one of the worst 5 managers in baseball.

agree - i wanted to shoot Werth when he got picked off. Werth needs to sit for a few days (if that is even possible with this lineup) - he looks mentally gone. i think he is down in the count 0-2 every at-bat.

swept the series because of chooch and the marlins pathetic defense. Uggla should give money back for his defense - man you think Howard is bad defensively - Uggla missed at least 3 routine plays in this series. Even the one line drive last night he caught should have been a double play but he messed that up to.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

agree - i wanted to shoot Werth when he got picked off. Werth needs to sit for a few days (if that is even possible with this lineup) - he looks mentally gone. i think he is down in the count 0-2 every at-bat.

swept the series because of chooch and the marlins pathetic defense. Uggla should give money back for his defense - man you think Howard is bad defensively - Uggla missed at least 3 routine plays in this series. Even the one line drive last night he caught should have been a double play but he messed that up to.

uggla stinks

gload has made 3 or 4 plays this week that there is no way in hell howard makes

werth should have caught that ball in CF too. he's awful in center.

gotta take 2 of 3 this weekend. hamels and halladay both going, which is nice. of course I'm going tonight and I get to see blanton.
    The Fixer wrote:
    uggla stinks

gotta take 2 of 3 this weekend. hamels and halladay both going, which is nice. of course I'm going tonight and I get to see blanton.

agree Werth should have caught that one. he is not a centerfielder though - can play it in a pinch but surely not an everyday one.

and can you tell me how Greg Dobbs is still in the majors? he can't hit a lick and is actually a worse fielder than hitter. not sure what he brings to this team at all. I'd rather have Ransom - at least he can play a bit of 3rd base. having Dobbs at 3rd is a disaster.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    uggla stinks

agree Werth should have caught that one. he is not a centerfielder though - can play it in a pinch but surely not an everyday one.

and can you tell me how Greg Dobbs is still in the majors? he can't hit a lick and is actually a worse fielder than hitter. not sure what he brings to this team at all. I'd rather have Ransom - at least he can play a bit of 3rd base. having Dobbs at 3rd is a disaster.

dobbs is terrible. he saw 7 pitches last night and struck out twice.

good question...assuming victorino comes back in the next 7-10 days, who do they release/send down? schneider, sweeney, francisco, valdez I'd think are pretty safe. That leaves dobbs and brown. I'd rather have brown up, but if he isn't gonna play I can understand why they'd send him down until the rosters expand in september. should be interesting
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    Hey guys, hate to interrupt the flow here, but just to let you know, the American Red Cross is having a blood drive at the park on Saturday, August 14. If you donate, you get to take pictures with the World Series and NL East Conference championship trophy. You also get a tour of the park and a Chase Utley t-shirt.

I’m a volunteer and will be there. Hope to see some of you there! Call 1-800-GiveLife to schedule an appointment.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    uggla stinks

dobbs is terrible. he saw 7 pitches last night and struck out twice.

good question...assuming victorino comes back in the next 7-10 days, who do they release/send down? schneider, sweeney, francisco, valdez I'd think are pretty safe. That leaves dobbs and brown. I'd rather have brown up, but if he isn't gonna play I can understand why they'd send him down until the rosters expand in september. should be interesting

Mayberry is still on the roster isn't he? Ransom was designated for assignment for Sweeney. So I think Mayberry goes when Victorino comes back. Brown is here for good - no way then can send him out.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    Sometimes the negativity of this thread gets me so depressed. Did the Phillies lose 12 of their last 14? They must have - everyone on the team stinks.

Ok - who's in next Friday, say 7pm, at Oakmont Pub or PJ Henry's - so far:
    Johnny Abruzzo
    The Fixer
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    pjhawks wrote:
    Brown is here for good - no way then can send him out.

Regular AB's> Sitting the bench in the majors. I would send him down for a couple weeks until rosters expand.
    Sometimes the negativity of this thread gets me so depressed. Did the Phillies lose 12 of their last 14? They must have - everyone on the team stinks.

Johnny Abruzzo
    The Fixer

Not this guy, suburbs are too much of a hike for me. If any of you guys are ever in Philly (you know, the place your favorite team plays), a whiskey or beer at Petes Sake is on me.

Edit: I should have added, enjoy though. I am sure it will be a good time.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Johnny Abruzzo
    The Fixer

Not this guy, suburbs are too much of a hike for me. If any of you guys are ever in Philly (you know, the place your favorite team plays), a whiskey or beer at Petes Sake is on me.

I'm in Philly plenty, so I'll take you up on that at some point. (I atually have a friend who's a Yankee fan; he's fairly sufferable otherwise. :lol: )

P.S. - The Oakmont Pub is less than a mile from the Norristown High Speed Line.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Johnny Abruzzo
    The Fixer

I'm in Philly plenty, so I'll take you up on that at some point. (I atually have a friend who's a Yankee fan; he's fairly sufferable otherwise. :lol: )

Definitely let me know. I am a good baseball fan in general (at least I think so, someone whos name starts with pj and ends with hawks would probably disagree though). For Petes Sake is a great spot too.

Interesting, may have to consider it then. Thanks for the heads up.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Definitely let me know. I am a good baseball fan in general (at least I think so, someone whos name starts with pj and ends with hawks would probably disagree though). For Petes Sake is a great spot too.

Well, we'd all be rooting against the Mets, right?

Also, I find it a little ironic that your needling Delco people for not living in Phila (a little bit) when you're a Yanks fan who lives very far from the Bronx. :? :P

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Also, I find it a little ironic that your needling Delco people for not living in Phila (a little bit) when you're a Yanks fan who lives very far from the Bronx. :? :P

Yes, I don't really have anything against the Mets anymore but I certaintly don't root for them.

Haha, fair enough. Good call. Wasn't really needling though, just fucking around since the meet up was going to be outside the city.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you can be a good fan and still be clueless - just kidding. i may disagree with some of the people in this thread but clearly everyone here is pretty big baseball fan so it's all good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yes, I don't really have anything against the Mets anymore but I certaintly don't root for them.

Haha, fair enough. Good call. Wasn't really needling though, just fucking around since the meet up was going to be outside the city.

It's cool. Quick Philly suburbs description: Delaware County is for people who like to say they're from Philly but don't want to pay the taxes. My wife grew up in Chester County, and just tells people she grew up in "Pennsylvania."

For Pete's Sake looks like a cool place. Love that neighborhood.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

i may be a bit biased but delco is probably the biggest hot bed for the philly sports fans. lots of blue collar/middle class suburban towns very close to the city.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's cool. Quick Philly suburbs description: Delaware County is for people who like to say they're from Philly but don't want to pay the taxes. My wife grew up in Chester County, and just tells people she grew up in "Pennsylvania."

Gotcha, makes sense. I don't know the burbs too well. Girlfriend went to West Chester and have been out there a couple times but that is about the extent of it.

Great spot. I am right around the corner from there. I love the neighborhood. My first 2 years I was in Old City, which was cool, but kind of hectic. Huge fan of the area I am in now.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Here in the bucks county area were die hards.I can drive 15 mins and see the trenton thunder or I can drive 30 mins and go to the city.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you can be a good fan and still be clueless - just kidding. i may disagree with some of the people in this thread but clearly everyone here is pretty big baseball fan so it's all good.

Haha, yeah, I think it is pretty clear we all are pretty into baseball and have strong opinions.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Gotcha, makes sense. I don't know the burbs too well. Girlfriend went to West Chester and have been out there a couple times but that is about the extent of it.

Great spot. I am right around the corner from there. I love the neighborhood. My first 2 years I was in Old City, which was cool, but kind of hectic. Huge fan of the area I am in now.

stood in old city for the spectrum pj shows/ ws ass whippings

cool little section

i loved the pet store named " doggy-style" :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

cool little section

Yeah, man. Old city is a good spot, just gets a little crazy at times. Pretty good name for a pet store.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    WHO'S TALKING ABOUT PETE'S SAKE? !!?!?!?

I'm all for a meet-up there. Anywhere in the city actually, even if I'm in the burbs now. God, I can't wait to be back in the city.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cool little section

Yeah, man. Old city is a good spot, just gets a little crazy at times. Pretty good name for a pet store.

me my bro and his wife watched game 2 at a bar down there .. we were rooting for the yanks obviously ... no problems
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I'm all for a meet-up there. Anywhere in the city actually, even if I'm in the burbs now. God, I can't wait to be back in the city.

You know I am, dude. We have talked about this many-a-times. Great spot. I am up for that anytime.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cool little section

me my bro and his wife watched game 2 at a bar down there .. we were rooting for the yanks obviously ... no problems

I didn't have any problems that whole week. A little bit of shit talking here and there but nothing bad. I saw some Yanks fans acting like dipshits getting into some shit but I didn't have any problems.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You know I am, dude. We have talked about this many-a-times. Great spot. I am up for that anytime.

The mouth is salivating with thoughts of good Irish whiskey, and the most boss bar grub in the city.

For those in Delco -

Like I told Fixer, I'm working at PJ's on Saturday's during the day and Monday nights. Might even catch me bartending and cooking at the same time.
    And the Marlins broadcasters are fucking awesome on that blown call. Absolutely hilarious.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I didn't have any problems that whole week. A little bit of shit talking here and there but nothing bad. I saw some Yanks fans acting like dipshits getting into some shit but I didn't have any problems.

Yeah, there really were no problems. Only problem I had was waiting for my dad outside the Mike Schmidt statue to go into the game before game 5, and some Yankee douche was humping the statue. Well, I couldn't take it, told him to beat it and that nothing was being clinched at least in our house.
This discussion has been closed.