***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Hahahahhaha. Dude, she's the worst when she's on a show like this - absolutely no personality to carry a show like this, as stiff as a plank of wood. But VERY attainable.

she's looking more and more like dei lynam every day

Yeah, and she looks like she's in the works of having fatty, flabby arms. C'mon, Amy, get it together!! What sucks is I think she's my age, and she's turned on the age accelerator like crazy.

God damn. So awkward. Absolutely cringing over here every time she talks. Put her and Marshall Harris together and you have the worst sports show in the world.

haha, marshall and fadool can go live to steve bucci to complete the trifecta of awful comcast personalities. Then they can bring donyell marshall in to finish things off.

Funny you said that about the arms...I was gonna ask if she just had a kid. yikes
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    she's looking more and more like dei lynam every day

Yeah, and she looks like she's in the works of having fatty, flabby arms. C'mon, Amy, get it together!! What sucks is I think she's my age, and she's turned on the age accelerator like crazy.

God damn. So awkward. Absolutely cringing over here every time she talks. Put her and Marshall Harris together and you have the worst sports show in the world.

haha, marshall and fadool can go live to steve bucci to complete the trifecta of awful comcast personalities. Then they can bring donyell marshall in to finish things off.

Funny you said that about the arms...I was gonna ask if she just had a kid. yikes

This....is....absolutely....terrible. God damn.

Donyell Marshall in a suit is what a 5 year old would look like if you told him to dress himself.

Donyell Marshall in a suit is what a 5 year old would look like if you told him to dress himself.

haha...and he talks like the magazine salesman in Office Space

by the way, I forgot to mention Friday in my best comedies the other day. and rounders as one of my top 5 movies
    The Fixer wrote:

haha...and he talks like the magazine salesman in Office Space

by the way, I forgot to mention Friday in my best comedies the other day. and rounders as one of my top 5 movies

Good call. We had a thing during Sixers postgame that for every time he said "umm" or "yeah" we would drink.

Friday's solid. I used to watch Rounders till it started to annoy my roommates. Love that movie.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    The Fixer wrote:
    Phils acquired Mike Sweeney. Nice move...solid bench guy

Looks like Ransom is done here

Maybe he'll be this year's Matt Stairs...

LOL he was great when he first came up about 10 years ago. Hopefully he contributes since outr offense is literally hurting.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Cool man - good to know. I just think we should support out awesome local brewers, and not so much giant international corporate behemoths, is all.

Yo, you ever see the documentary, "Beer Wars"? You would enjoy it, it seems. Narrator is annoying as fuck but it's good stuff.
    Thank God the game's starting. Amy Fadool is FUCKING KILLING ME. Way too much of her today.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cool man - good to know. I just think we should support out awesome local brewers, and not so much giant international corporate behemoths, is all.

Yo, you ever see the documentary, "Beer Wars"? You would enjoy it, it seems. Narrator is annoying as fuck but it's good stuff.

I've been meaning to Netflix it - thanks for reminding me. I love the whole BMC "I drink American" bullshit. American beer is Yuengling, Great Lakes, Brooklyn, Yards, Sam Adams. Making REAL beer, and owned by Americans.

That said, I have to sheepishly admit that, at Miller Park, I enjoyed my High Life more than I enjoyed the Lakeside beer. :oops:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I've been meaning to Netflix it - thanks for reminding me. I love the whole BMC "I drink American" bullshit. American beer is Yuengling, Great Lakes, Brooklyn, Yards, Sam Adams. Making REAL beer, and owned by Americans.

That said, I have to sheepishly admit that, at Miller Park, I enjoyed my High Life more than I enjoyed the Lakeside beer. :oops:

Yeah, you should definitely check it out. There is some pretty staggering stuff in it
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I enjoy my local brews as much as the next guy. But c'mon, don't snob yourself out of some High Life and Miller Lite. Miller Lite is the go-to tailgate beer.
    God damn rain delay.
    I enjoy my local brews as much as the next guy. But c'mon, don't snob yourself out of some High Life and Miller Lite. Miller Lite is the go-to tailgate beer.

I can't get enough BMC Lite down to even get a buzz. Sorry, they're just not good.

If you want to talk about the "full-flavored" varieties, I'm with you. I'm always down for some "Champagne." High Life tastes pretty good when it's hot out.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

I can't get enough BMC Lite down to even get a buzz. Sorry, they're just not good.

If you want to talk about the "full-flavored" varieties, I'm with you. I'm always down for some "Champagne." High Life tastes pretty good when it's hot out.

How you can say High Life is in a totally different league than Miller Lite is beyond me. I'll do both. And that's the thing Miller Lite is a mass quantity beer - that's what I want in a tailgate beer. I want to be able to have a beer in hand all day without getting retarded nor passing out. When I'm tailgating for concerts - PJ for example - I'm in the parking lot from 1030 until about 8. That's over 9 hours of drinking that I need to consume adult beverages.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    God damn rain delay.

it's good for the grass.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    did you guys see arod hit # 600 today ;):mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    God damn rain delay.

it's good for the grass.

Fucking Miami.
    God damn rain delay.

it's good for the grass.

Fucking Miami.

mayeb it gets rained out so we can skip kendrick's start!
    www.myspace.com
    it's good for the grass.

Fucking Miami.

mayeb it gets rained out so we can skip kendrick's start!

Fudge that. I get to see Doc on Sunday as it stands now.

Watching this behind the scenes stuff on Jesse Biddle signing with the Phils. Pretty awesome.
    Yeah, Biddle seems pretty cool. Wonder how he's doing so far.

Didn't they finish that new stadium yet?

If I tried to drink for 9 hours, I wouldn't even know what concert I was going to see. I guess we just have different drinking styles.

If I tried to drink for 9 hours, I wouldn't even know what concert I was going to see. I guess we just have different drinking styles.

yeah 10:30am...he had to be kidding. in our hey day we didn't even get down to eagles mnf games till around noon and we were one of the first there.

i'm looking at a solid 5 hours tomorrow for kol. the lots don't even open till 2. 5 hours is perfect.
    www.myspace.com

yeah 10:30am...he had to be kidding. in our hey day we didn't even get down to eagles mnf games till around noon and we were one of the first there.

i'm looking at a solid 5 hours tomorrow for kol. the lots don't even open till 2. 5 hours is perfect.

Dude, back in '03 we left Sea Isle after the 4th of July to drive to the Tweeter Center. Got there earlier than we wanted, got beer around 930, went to Wawa, brushed my teeth with my finger, got to Camden at 10, didn't let us in, we took a nap in the car for a half hour until they let us in at 1030. Ever since then we make it a habit to be in the lot by 11 the latest. Don't know why, just do. I love having my pick of where to park. We put a lot of dedication into our Philly tailgates. Play ball.
    Boy, can this Dom Brown hit. Giddy up.

Dude, back in '03 we left Sea Isle after the 4th of July to drive to the Tweeter Center. Got there earlier than we wanted, got beer around 930, went to Wawa, brushed my teeth with my finger, got to Camden at 10, didn't let us in, we took a nap in the car for a half hour until they let us in at 1030. Ever since then we make it a habit to be in the lot by 11 the latest. Don't know why, just do. I love having my pick of where to park. We put a lot of dedication into our Philly tailgates. Play ball.

what lot? we got there for pj last time the played there at around 1:30. they wouldn't let us in till 2. we were the first in there. this was at the campbells field lot. clearly the best imo.

by the way---fucking wicked thunderstorm for that 03 show if i remember. i might be in for more of the same tomorrow.
    www.myspace.com

what lot? we got there for pj last time the played there at around 1:30. they wouldn't let us in till 2. we were the first in there. this was at the campbells field lot. clearly the best imo.

by the way---fucking wicked thunderstorm for that 03 show if i remember. i might be in for more of the same tomorrow.

Nah. The lot directly across from the Tweeter center.

Yeah, that storm was the first show. That was an awesome day, as they all are. Beautiful day out, storm rolled in for about a half hour, then the sun came out, fireworks over the river(even though I couldn't see them from my seats), perfect.
    did you know other than those stupid game threads, this seems to easily be the next most active one on here. just noticed that.

pretty, pretty cool.

GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    did you know other than those stupid game threads, this seems to easily be the next most active one on here. just noticed that.

pretty, pretty cool.

GO PHILS.

And it's all fighting, haha.

pretty, pretty cool.

GO PHILS.

What can I say - we're kind of a big deal.

0.jpg

pretty, pretty cool.

GO PHILS.

0.jpg

the other guys...set to be a sleeper hillarious movie.
    www.myspace.com

pretty, pretty cool.

GO PHILS.

0.jpg

the other guys...set to be a sleeper hillarious movie.

There's no way I'm seeing it in a theater. IF I ever see it, I will proceed with judging you and your choice of humor.

And I will add that Mark fucking Wahlberg is not funny and would ruin it for me. He's only funny in a unintentional way - ie Boogie Nights.

Yeah, that storm was the first show. That was an awesome day, as they all are. Beautiful day out, storm rolled in for about a half hour, then the sun came out, fireworks over the river(even though I couldn't see them from my seats), perfect.

that show was great. it was hot as a mother fucker that night. was cool when they busted out rockin in the free world mid-set (even though I kinda wish they'd retire that song)
This discussion has been closed.