***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I've been in Havertown for 4 years. We plan on staying for a long time. I grew up in SW Philly - not much reason to live there now.

We could use a few more bars/restaurants around here. Giampino's and Kaya's are ok, but nothing special. Shogun half price sushi on Mondays & Tuesdays is money.

apparently the school district is good. at least that's what my wife tells me.

We will have to check those restaurants out. We love going out to eat, but haven't had much luck with the places we've been to in havertown. We usually just head into philly
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    Nice 2-run single for Doc. Good to see him making a contribution to the team for once!

It's nice to win the game that you're supposed to win.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    Nice 2-run single for Doc. Good to see him making a contribution to the team for once!

thank god for ross gload at first tonight... :mrgreen:

solid effort. keep it going boys. luckily the schedule is favorable....
    www.myspace.com

thank god for billy wagner

halladay is unbelievable. the true test starts tomorrow when he's not pitching.

2 back kids...I said 8-4 without howard. nice start
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Catching up here. Been out - actually in H-town doing some things at the bar.

I'm down for any of the following that was mentioned. PJ Henry's on Haverford Ave. But if we do something there it'll have to be before the 29th - we're going under renovations from the 29th till the 9th of September. And, dudes, the food is going to be fucking amazing. Fixer, it's not necessarily going to be all Mexican.

And who ever mentioned the Oakmont, not a bad spot at all. My boy Ryan bartends there on Friday nights.

And, Fixer, when you said you mention H-town and someone seems to know someone - welcome to the world of Delco. That pretty much goes for any town in said county. It's a weird scene, but hey, I'm proud of where I came from.

If you guys wanna do something at PJ's let me know, I'll set something up - maybe a special on food, yada. And I'll leave the brass knuckles at home. ;)
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Anything closer to south 95 would be great,chickie and petes anywhere.
    Go Birds!!!!

I'm down for any of the following that was mentioned. PJ Henry's on Haverford Ave. But if we do something there it'll have to be before the 29th - we're going under renovations from the 29th till the 9th of September. And, dudes, the food is going to be fucking amazing. Fixer, it's not necessarily going to be all Mexican.

And who ever mentioned the Oakmont, not a bad spot at all. My boy Ryan bartends there on Friday nights.

And, Fixer, when you said you mention H-town and someone seems to know someone - welcome to the world of Delco. That pretty much goes for any town in said county. It's a weird scene, but hey, I'm proud of where I came from.

If you guys wanna do something at PJ's let me know, I'll set something up - maybe a special on food, yada. And I'll leave the brass knuckles at home. ;)

I could do any Friday in August. Oakmont is a little better, since I can walk there :) . I could do PJ's as well. The name is appropriate for this crew.

The Phillies do seem to play really well in Miami for some reason. Too bad Moyer's not pitching this series.

Everyone knows everyone in Delco except for me, since I'm not from there. Maybe with time...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

thank god for billy wagner

halladay is unbelievable. the true test starts tomorrow when he's not pitching.

2 back kids...I said 8-4 without howard. nice start

well 8-4 will certainly fit into my 15 out of 20 clip i predicted a couple weeks ago when most around here were ready to call it a season. by the way, we're currently 10-12 in that stretch. hey oh ;)

and we're 17-12 without chase, so why not?

one thing about this team is that they are incredibly resiliant. it's pretty amazing really.

and, like i said, our schedule right now is cake. so we should beat some of these teams without our 2 best players.

utah...make it 2
    GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
    Anything closer to south 95 would be great,chickie and petes anywhere.

i vote for collegeville.
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com

utah...make it 2
    GO. PHILS.

Best meatball sandwiches ya ever had in your life.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

utah...make it 2
    GO. PHILS.

http://barstoolsports.com/cartny/

scroll down for the utah shirt :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

utah...make it 2
    GO. PHILS.

Nice. Would like it better if the phrase wasn't on the back of the shirt.

I AM AN F..............B.............I AGENT.

Everyone knows everyone in Delco except for me, since I'm not from there. Maybe with time...

I'm in the same boat. Most of my buddies are in Jersey or Philly. Would be nice to have some locals to grab a beer or 35 with.

My August schedule is pretty wide open. Hitting the phils/mets game this friday, but after that I'm pretty clear until labor day weekend. I'm up for whatever you guys decide.

JP, regardless of what gets decided here you will see me at your place sooner or later. Good to hear the menu won't be all Mexican.

What's the deal with hardly any local beers on this list? That's gotta be fixed. A little Victory Prima Pils, Flying Fish ESB, Dock Street RYE-PA...

http://www.pjhenrys.com/bar.htm

What's the deal with hardly any local beers on this list? That's gotta be fixed. A little Victory Prima Pils, Flying Fish ESB, Dock Street RYE-PA...

Yeah, that website's old as shit. And I never said it was micro pub. I don't know what they put on tap once they renovate, but right now they've got Dogfish head, Yards, Harp, Great Lakes, Sierra. Hey, it ain't Monk's or Grace Tavern.

Yeah, that website's old as shit. And I never said it was micro pub. I don't know what they put on tap once they renovate, but right now they've got Dogfish head, Yards, Harp, Great Lakes, Sierra. Hey, it ain't Monk's or Grace Tavern.

Cool man - good to know. I just think we should support out awesome local brewers, and not so much giant international corporate behemoths, is all.

Is that an actual Friday the 13th I see on the calendar? That's gotta be the day! Who's in?

Cool man - good to know. I just think we should support out awesome local brewers, and not so much giant international corporate behemoths, is all.

Is that an actual Friday the 13th I see on the calendar? That's gotta be the day! Who's in?

That works for me. Phils/mets that night too. Maybe there will be some mets fans there to heckle

utah...make it 2
    GO. PHILS.

i want that shirt
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

i want that shirt

did u notice the pretzels shirt also...its all you
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I thought this was interesting. Charlie really needs to put the best team out there as much as possible, especially with the core players on the DL.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20100804_Phillies_Notes__Schneider_likes_Phils__mettle.html

More of the big three
    The Phillies have six off days in the final eight weeks of the season. That could allow Manuel and pitching coach Rich Dubee to set their rotation so Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels start every fifth day while skipping either Joe Blanton or Kyle Kendrick at times.

Manuel didn't shoot down that idea Tuesday.

"I would say that would be good," Manuel said.

Early in the season, Manuel said he wanted Halladay pitching every fifth day. Entering Tuesday, Halladay led the majors in innings pitched.

I thought this was interesting. Charlie really needs to put the best team out there as much as possible, especially with the core players on the DL.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20100804_Phillies_Notes__Schneider_likes_Phils__mettle.html

More of the big three
    The Phillies have six off days in the final eight weeks of the season. That could allow Manuel and pitching coach Rich Dubee to set their rotation so Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels start every fifth day while skipping either Joe Blanton or Kyle Kendrick at times.

Manuel didn't shoot down that idea Tuesday.

"I would say that would be good," Manuel said.

Early in the season, Manuel said he wanted Halladay pitching every fifth day. Entering Tuesday, Halladay led the majors in innings pitched.

"i would say that wold be good"
    he could have skipped kendrick this week with having monday off.
    www.myspace.com
    Phils acquired Mike Sweeney. Nice move...solid bench guy

Looks like Ransom is done here
    The Fixer wrote:

Maybe he'll be this year's Matt Stairs...

The Fixer wrote:

yeah, he is a nice RH pinch hitter. anything is better than having mayberry up. that dude is worse than chris coste was.

sweeney has the rep of being a stand up dude in the clubhouse too. he should fit in well
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, he is a nice RH pinch hitter. anything is better than having mayberry up. that dude is worse than chris coste was.

sweeney has the rep of being a stand up dude in the clubhouse too. he should fit in well

He also likes to be pounded in the a$$. :lol:

Yeah, Mayberry is pretty bad.

Solid pick-up. Nice piece off the bench down the stretch as well.

dude, put on comcast. your girl amy fadool is on there. she looks as attainable as ever, haha
    edited August 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

dude, put on comcast. your girl amy fadool is on there. she looks as attainable as ever, haha

Hahahahhaha. Dude, she's the worst when she's on a show like this - absolutely no personality to carry a show like this, as stiff as a plank of wood. But VERY attainable.

Ahhhhh, man. This is terrible. Cringing over here.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    The Fixer wrote:

Hahahahhaha. Dude, she's the worst when she's on a show like this - absolutely no personality to carry a show like this, as stiff as a plank of wood. But VERY attainable.

she's looking more and more like dei lynam every day
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

she's looking more and more like dei lynam every day

Yeah, and she looks like she's in the works of having fatty, flabby arms. C'mon, Amy, get it together!! What sucks is I think she's my age, and she's turned on the age accelerator like crazy.

God damn. So awkward. Absolutely cringing over here every time she talks. Put her and Marshall Harris together and you have the worst sports show in the world.
This discussion has been closed.