• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    It's time for it..

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

well put. one of the few posts in this thread that actually makes sense

Whatever helps you sleep at night, momo.

Hey, did I ever tell you guys how Ryan Howard sucks and that I can't stand the guy?

none of us has said anything like that
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    Well, I've been obsessively checking on Howard's ankle exam all day, because I'm really worried about this team playing two weeks or so without him in the middle of a pennant race.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    Avg out his 1st 4 seasons 198hrs and 572rbis. Not counting his 2005 half season in that. From what my buddy told me there both the best from a players 1st 4 seasons.

Jamminpearls - love your passion but like me maybe it's time to give up the fight. i mean when one guy gives you Adam Dunn, another says they are no worse off with Ross Gload at 1st base and they refuse to acknowlege his historical 1st four years of his career clearly there is nothing any of us can say to change their minds regarding Ryan. it's taken me months to give this fight up but it's time - i can't deal with the craziness of it anymore.

I here ya,but its too fun. I understand that people have different views and that's what I love about it the most. Sometimes the facts are over looked because in the fixer case his contract. We know we right on this front but were probably incorrect on others. Debate is great because of the passion true fans have. Although I disagree with them I'd still share a beer and talk pj and sprots with them. Philly fans are the best and worst fans ever.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Philly fans are the best and worst fans ever.

Hey hey now. Don't put me in this group. I am a baseball fan, a yankees fan who happens to live in this area because of a female and therefore follows the team more than I do a lot of other baseball teams because of where I live. ;)
    pjhawks wrote:
    Avg out his 1st 4 seasons 198hrs and 572rbis. Not counting his 2005 half season in that. From what my buddy told me there both the best from a players 1st 4 seasons.

Jamminpearls - love your passion but like me maybe it's time to give up the fight. i mean when one guy gives you Adam Dunn, another says they are no worse off with Ross Gload at 1st base and they refuse to acknowlege his historical 1st four years of his career clearly there is nothing any of us can say to change their minds regarding Ryan. it's taken me months to give this fight up but it's time - i can't deal with the craziness of it anymore.

I here ya,but its too fun. I understand that people have different views and that's what I love about it the most. Sometimes the facts are over looked because in the fixer case his contract. We know we right on this front but were probably incorrect on others. Debate is great because of the passion true fans have. Although I disagree with them I'd still share a beer and talk pj and sprots with them. Philly fans are the best and worst fans ever.

Fixer and I both live in Havertown - let's do that at Oakmont Pub one of these days. ;) Bring some cards and we can play "WAR." :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Well, I've been obsessively checking on Howard's ankle exam all day, because I'm really worried about this team playing two weeks or so without him in the middle of a pennant race.

agreed.

fingers...set to be crossed....
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

Sometimes the facts are over looked because in the fixer case his contract.

I'm scared to ask, but I have to. What facts are you talking about here?

Fixer and I both live in Havertown - let's do that at Oakmont Pub one of these days. ;) Bring some cards and we can play "WAR." :lol:[/quote]

Ha, I'd definitely be up for that. Every time you lose a war you gotta do a shot.

they do need howard, but I don't see how he's gonna hit if his ankle is that jacked up. A DL stint might be the best thing for this team. Last thing I want to see is him try to play through this and make it worse.

ankle sprains are no joke. I fucked mine up playing hoops when I was in college and it still gives out every now and then.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hey hey now. Don't put me in this group. I am a baseball fan, a yankees fan who happens to live in this area because of a female and therefore follows the team more than I do a lot of other baseball teams because of where I live. ;)

Glad you married a smart women then. Shit my wife loves pj and the phillies,so I can't complain. If she only liked football she'd be perfect :)
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Glad you married a smart women then. Shit my wife loves pj and the phillies,so I can't complain. If she only liked football she'd be perfect :)

Not married quite yet. And she does love Pearl Jam and is a great chick. Kind of gets sick of the Yanks at times thoug.
    I live in the levittown which is right near the bristol exit off of 95. I'd do a meet up and ill bring my deck of cards so we can play war after a few beers.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not married quite yet. And she does love Pearl Jam and is a great chick. Kind of gets sick of the Yanks at times thoug.

My wife is kinda the same. She told me she liked sports until she met me...now she just tolerates them. It works out well, I'd much rather go to a game/watch an important game with a buddy than my wife. She's the best, but big games and concerts are guy time (I know I'm probably in the minority there)
    I live in the levittown which is right near the bristol exit off of 95. I'd do a meet up and ill bring my deck of cards so we can play war after a few beers.

jearlpam has some connections at a bar in the havertown area. I'll let him give the details, but maybe we could do something there.

I'd much rather throw darts or play shuffleboard than argue while I drink though. but I guess I can multi task and do all of the above
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My wife is kinda the same. She told me she liked sports until she met me...now she just tolerates them. It works out well, I'd much rather go to a game/watch an important game with a buddy than my wife. She's the best, but big games and concerts are guy time (I know I'm probably in the minority there)

Yeah, she was never really into sports and having the Yankees on every single night kind of gets on her nerves. We go to a couple Yanks games a year together but I tend to go to games with my friends more. We both perfer it that way which is awesome. She enjoys herself when she goes, she just does not go all that often.

Pearl Jam and concerts are a little different. She has pretty awesome music taste and likes to party so it's fun. For most concerts we have a pretty big group of people who are all into the same music so it works out having some guys there.
    Where's havertown at? Heard of it but I'm a suburban, Hell I'm sure I've seen all of you at concerts. If they play philly nj or ny I'm always there in my phillies or eagles or flyers hat.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Where's havertown at? Heard of it but I'm a suburban, Hell I'm sure I've seen all of you at concerts. If they play philly nj or ny I'm always there in my phillies or eagles or flyers hat.

It's near Exit 9 of the Blue Route. It's pretty much 25 minutes from everything. This idea's picking up steam - I like it.

Yeah, I'd rather throw darts or play shuffleboard as well, but a little debate never hurt anyone.

It's near Exit 9 of the Blue Route. It's pretty much 25 minutes from everything. This idea's picking up steam - I like it.

Yeah, I'd rather throw darts or play shuffleboard as well, but a little debate never hurt anyone.

jamminpearls--you've lived here your whole life and you don't know that havertown is also part of the burbs!? :o
    www.myspace.com
    I think that's a good ride from my house. Ill have to map it, I'm prob 15-20 mins from the northeast,nabisco area.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Howard to the dl,fuck fuck fuck.
    Go Birds!!!!

Goddammit this season is cursed I tell you. Let's get that meetup going and drown our sorrows while we watch Cody Ransom play 1B.

Goddammit this season is cursed I tell you. Let's get that meetup going and drown our sorrows while we watch Cody Ransom play 1B.

So ranson and gload ohhh boyyy,can't wait.
    Go Birds!!!!
    SON

OF

A

BITCH
    www.myspace.com
    the DL move is the smart one. call me crazy, but I think gload will be fine at first while howard is out. he can't be any worse than howard was last week (4-27, 15 k's).

by my count howard will miss 12 games. I say the phils go 8-4 without him
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    Fixer and I both live in Havertown - let's do that at Oakmont Pub one of these days. ;) Bring some cards and we can play "WAR." :lol:

oh dear god no - tell me it's not true that the Fixer lives in Havertown - if so time to move

are either of you born and bread in havertown or moved in?

Howard to DL is not good - this season has not been fun.
    The Fixer wrote:
    the DL move is the smart one. call me crazy, but I think gload will be fine at first while howard is out. he can't be any worse than howard was last week (4-27, 15 k's).

by my count howard will miss 12 games. I say the phils go 8-4 without him

consider yourself crazy.

luckily we dont have to face josh johnson this week.

let's hope for a complete game shut out tonight boys. gonna be a rough ride.

as long as we're in shouting distance of the braves come 9/1, we'll be fine.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

oh dear god no - tell me it's not true that the Fixer lives in Havertown - if so time to move

I've only lived in havertown for about 2 years. I grew up on the good side of the delaware river and lived in philly during most of my 20's (post college).

havertown is ok. definitely a lack of quality restaurants/bars. proximity to highways is great for me since I'm in sales (95, 476, 76, turnpike all close by). We aren't planning to stay here very long.

injuries have become annoying. team should be full strength come Labor Day. Just gotta stay afloat until then

EDIT: funny thing about havertown is that 2/3 of the people I talk to either know someone that lives in h'town or know someone that used to live in h'town. kinda weird
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    Seems like our entire offense has been on the DL or hurt at one point this season. I think the only one who hasn't is Werth (knock on wood). :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I've only lived in havertown for about 2 years. I grew up on the good side of the delaware river and lived in philly during most of my 20's (post college).

havertown is ok. definitely a lack of quality restaurants/bars. proximity to highways is great for me since I'm in sales (95, 476, 76, turnpike all close by). We aren't planning to stay here very long.

injuries have become annoying. team should be full strength come Labor Day. Just gotta stay afloat until then

EDIT: funny thing about havertown is that 2/3 of the people I talk to either know someone that lives in h'town or know someone that used to live in h'town. kinda weird

I've been in Havertown for 4 years. We plan on staying for a long time. I grew up in SW Philly - not much reason to live there now.

We could use a few more bars/restaurants around here. Giampino's and Kaya's are ok, but nothing special. Shogun half price sushi on Mondays & Tuesdays is money.

This discussion has been closed.