***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys better hope Mitre can give the Yanks a good start or two, otherwise the trade market for a mid-level starter may have just gotten a lot more competitive.

were getting somebody...you know that

Ted Lilly, I would say Brett Myers but wife beaters are not welcome in navy pinstripes. Fill in for Pettitte for the time being, let Hughes come close to his innings limit, move him to the bullpen and have Lilly or whoever take over in the rotation. Boom, bullpen and rotation help.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys better hope Mitre can give the Yanks a good start or two, otherwise the trade market for a mid-level starter may have just gotten a lot more competitive.

wife beaters are not welcome in navy pinstripes.

forget which one, but I know gooden or strawberry was a wife beater (and drug addict). so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there
    The Fixer wrote:

forget which one, but I know gooden or strawberry was a wife beater (and drug addict). so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there

Fair enough, but those two were also Steinbrenner decisions/projects
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,333
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

How about the wife swappers from the 70s?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

How about the wife swappers from the 70s?

All baseball players back then were out of their minds. That is some shit though.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited July 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cliff lee? :lol:

thats in a few months

lilly or oswalt soon

yes the same stud the phillies traded ...you know the guy that was perfect in the playoffs :lol: dumbasses
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that both won world series with the team and also threw a no-hitter
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You know whats even more hilarious? The Phillies had Cliff Lee and traded him away for peanuts and a bag of balls and are currently a few games above .500 and in 3rd place. The Yankees made a run at Cliff Lee but are currently 25 games above .500 and have the best record in baseball. Oh and what the Yankees were willing to give up for Lee is far and away better than what the Phillies got, so yeah, laugh it up.

hilarious! :clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
    3 out of 4 to the cubs is the funniest thing of all :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=+fraud

please acquire some credibility before posting with the big boys. thanks.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You know whats even more hilarious? The Phillies had Cliff Lee and traded him away for peanuts and a bag of balls and are currently a few games above .500 and in 3rd place. The Yankees made a run at Cliff Lee but are currently 25 games above .500 and have the best record in baseball. Oh and what the Yankees were willing to give up for Lee is far and away better than what the Phillies got, so yeah, laugh it up.

You're right. We can't mock the Yankees for not getting Lee, when we had him and traded him for such a miserly package.

On the other hand, don't give me any of this crap about Yankees and ballplayers' integrity or whatever you were trying to say about Brett Myers & wifebeaters.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

You're right. We can't mock the Yankees for not getting Lee, when we had him and traded him for such a miserly package.

On the other hand, don't give me any of this crap about Yankees and ballplayers' integrity or whatever you were trying to say about Brett Myers & wifebeaters.

I was not really all that serious about Brett Myers, I don't like that guy and was somewhat joking. I would rather have the Yanks go after Lilly though, I just don't want to have to cheer for Myers. We are the fans that had to deal with Clemens most recently and he is about as far from a class act as you can get.

born and raised in ny bud..

you never answered my sixers question ..ya know about the best thing they did in the last 10 years was open for PJ 8-):lol:
    victorino to the right side......... AND THE NY YANKEES ARE BACK ON TOP :mrgreen:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I was not really all that serious about Brett Myers, I don't like that guy and was somewhat joking. I would rather have the Yanks go after Lilly though, I just don't want to have to cheer for Myers. We are the fans that had to deal with Clemens most recently and he is about as far from a class act as you can get.

Ha. I couldn't think of an example - there we go. Yeah, it's kind of hard to root for Myers. It's very easy to root for Cliff Lee, however. :evil:

Speaking of hard to root for... What was BJ Upton arguing about when he got picked off the other night?

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha. I couldn't think of an example - there we go. Yeah, it's kind of hard to root for Myers. It's very easy to root for Cliff Lee, however. :evil:

Speaking of hard to root for... What was BJ Upton arguing about when he got picked off the other night?

And don't you worry, come December us Yankees fans will throughly enjoy rooting for Cliff Lee. ha

Now, you're correct with Upton, he is a jackass. He said he thought it was a balk, was probably just an excuse to try and save some embarrassment. That was a terrible mistake in that situation. I don't think he is winning many fans in that clubhouse. Picked off in a tie game in the 9th with no outs and Mo on the mound is not a good thing.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And don't you worry, come December us Yankees fans will throughly enjoy rooting for Cliff Lee. ha

Now, you're correct with Upton, he is a jackass. He said he thought it was a balk, was probably just an excuse to try and save some embarrassment. That was a terrible mistake in that situation. I don't think he is winning many fans in that clubhouse. Picked off in a tie game in the 9th with no outs and Mo on the mound is not a good thing.

that guy has all the talent in the world, but he is one dumb motherfucker
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, hes an idiot. His brother is not the same way, is he?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not that I know of. he doesn't have the nickname Bossman Jr, so he's way ahead of the game
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not that I know of. he doesn't have the nickname Bossman Jr, so he's way ahead of the game

Which, I believe, he gave to himself. Like how Kobe gave himself his own nickname of "The Black Mamba". Yeah....it doesn't work that way, chiefs.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Can you guys hug me and tell me it's all gonna be alright ?

:cry:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

wish I had something more positive to say, but all I've got is there are still 70+ games left. amazingly, this team hasn't completely buried itself in the standings.

time is running out, but the season is far from over
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

wish I had something more positive to say, but all I've got is there are still 70+ games left. amazingly, this team hasn't completely buried itself in the standings.

How can this team be in a funk for so long ? :roll:

It's becoming unwatchable...like the teams when I was growing up
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

How can this team be in a funk for so long ?
    :roll:

It's becoming unwatchable...like the teams when I was growing up

Because it's not a funk, it's a fucking trend.

born and raised in ny bud..

you never answered my sixers question ..ya know about the best thing they did in the last 10 years was open for PJ 8-):lol:

born and raised in ny....and a laker fan for life: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=+fraud

the sixers opened for pj? the sixers haven't played at the spectrum since 1996 dude.
    by that "rationale" your hometown knicks opened for pj a couple months ago in msg. i reckon you're an idiot. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Philadelphia Phillies are banged up, despite the return of Placido Polanco, and need pitching help if they are to give themselves another shot at playing in the World Series.

The Phillies may be willing to move right fielder Jayson Werth, since they can bring up prospect Domonic Brown to fill in. Several clubs, such as the Tampa Bay Rays, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Angels, San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants, are reportedly seeking offensive help, perhaps in the outfield.

There are also clubs with a pitcher they could spare in return for young players, such as Cleveland with Jake Westbrook and Fausto Carmona, Houston with Roy Oswalt and the Cubs with Ted Lilly. While Brown and right-hander Jarred Cosart are likely off-limits, the Phillies could offer right-hander Trevor May, OF Anthony Gose or catcher Sebastian Valle in a deal.

Considering the age of the Phillies current roster, it's possible they put together some sort of go-for-broke approach this season when it comes to trading youth for proven veterans. We don't think they like the idea of surrendering their division crown, so stay tuned. Moves might be coming, and they might be of large impact.
    www.myspace.com
    This team stinks.

yep, I said it
    The Fixer wrote:
    This team stinks.

yep, I said it

at least they're hitting tonight :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    This team stinks.

yep, I said it

As soon as we scored the 3 runs i turned to my wife and said were gonna lose tonight. She thought i was crazy,but anytime the phillies spot kendrick early runs he gives up a shitload everytime. I am so annoyed with this team right now that its getting hard to watch. But i haven't and won't quit on the season until there's no more games left to watch. But man this season has been brutal and were still in the hunt,here's to something big happening real soon.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Personally, I don't think this team shouldn't make any rash changes. I say trade Werth ASAP because it's either get something for him now, with whom are proven, or get two draft picks - which you don't know what you're getting. Do that now, and call it a wrap. Anything better than where they are now would be a plus for me now. I'm willing to accept this season is over and build for 2011. There's no reason to trade away any more prospects. They need bats and they're obviously not going for that at the trade deadline, so I think they should just slow their role and take a step back this year. The only person I'd trade for a "now" aspect of winning by trading away prospects as well as Werth would be Oswalt. You get him for this season, plus the next two I believe. See if you can trade away Ibanez for a bucket of used condoms in the offseason, and go after another outfielder. Everybody seems to be thinking Werth is #1 on the list for 5 tool outfielders to be signed. So if this is true, let the Yankees sign him. Because I want Carl Crawford, and I could see that happening. There's no saying they wouldn't/couldn't go after him if the market is predicting Werth to get the most money out of any OF FA. The Phils have eaten payroll before, and I don't think they would have any problem like paying Raul's contract and paying Crawford. And I don't care about a lefty heavy lineup. Having CC would be dope. Again, this is what I would like to happen, not what is really going to happen.
This discussion has been closed.