***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    good to have polly back today...

Big win today but everyone in the lineup except howard is a disaster right now. I think victorino,werth, and ibanez have a bet to see who can suck the most

they said werth hasn't had a hit with 2 outs and runners in scoring position since mid may. MID MAY.

when was the last time he went deep? april? he's been horrendous. he needs to cut his hair and shave. if he stops looking like a gay maybe it will turn his luck around.

this team needs to get their asses in gear. gonna be next to impossible to get the wild card over cincy/STL since they play in that joke of a division. need to overtake atlanta
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    There's no doubt this team needs something to get them kick started. I truly think a major trade like a Werth might actually make this team better. It could have a Abreu like impact,even though Werths not a club house problem. The kick start could come from a Domonic brown who could give this team some hunger and get them going in the right direction. Trade Werth for a decent reliever and a prospect or two,then call up Brown. Inless u can find someone dumb enough to take Raul but that seems highly unlikely. We need to get some sort of momentum before getting Ultey back. Him alone imo wont be enough to get us over the hump inless he comes back way way early. Anyway Doc's on the hill tonight so at least we should split this series tonight.
    Go Birds!!!!
    There's no doubt this team needs something to get them kick started. I truly think a major trade like a Werth might actually make this team better. It could have a Abreu like impact,even though Werths not a club house problem. The kick start could come from a Domonic brown who could give this team some hunger and get them going in the right direction. Trade Werth for a decent reliever and a prospect or two,then call up Brown. Inless u can find someone dumb enough to take Raul but that seems highly unlikely. We need to get some sort of momentum before getting Ultey back. Him alone imo wont be enough to get us over the hump inless he comes back way way early. Anyway Doc's on the hill tonight so at least we should split this series tonight.

I am torn about trading werth. I think they would get more than just a reliever and prospects back. I'd hope they got a SP to go along with prospects. Regardless, they are probably better off for this year keeping werth. He just needs to play better. If they offer him arbitration at the end of the season he will probably decline and choose free agency...which could end up helping the phils because they should get a 1st round pick and supplemental draft pick. the 2011 draft class is rated as one of the best in the last 25 years.

I would consider firing manuel. I've never been a big fan. He gets along well with the players, but strategically he is among the worst managers in MLB. Firing him would light a fire under the players' asses. Will never happen though, the phils are loyal to a fault
    The Fixer wrote:

I am torn about trading werth. I think they would get more than just a reliever and prospects back. I'd hope they got a SP to go along with prospects. Regardless, they are probably better off for this year keeping werth. He just needs to play better. If they offer him arbitration at the end of the season he will probably decline and choose free agency...which could end up helping the phils because they should get a 1st round pick and supplemental draft pick. the 2011 draft class is rated as one of the best in the last 25 years.

I would consider firing manuel. I've never been a big fan. He gets along well with the players, but strategically he is among the worst managers in MLB. Firing him would light a fire under the players' asses. Will never happen though, the phils are loyal to a fault
    I only say trading him cause Brown would be so damn hungry that it could show these guys what its like to want something again. I understand that it could also got the other way and make them think well managtment has given up on this season so why shouldn't we. With happ coming back thats almost like a trade imo,thats why i said a good releiver and prospects. I don't see amaro taking on any big salaries for pitching but i could be wrong. As for firing manuel i agree he's not a very good manager but u can't fire him he's done too much good to be fired because of a so-so season. Talk about sending a team in a bad tail spin firing charlie would do it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    happ isn't helping the phils this year. he isn't that good when he's healthy and he's obviously still hurt (as evidenced by his minor league starts). losing manuel wouldn't hurt this team...they win in spite of him, not because of him

Talks between the Phillies and Orioles regarding infielders Ty Wigginton and Miguel Tejada are currently dead, a source told Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun. Yesterday it was reported that the Phillies have been talking to Baltimore about Wigginton for weeks and might also be interested in Tejada, who could have been a short-term solution at third base.

For now, it seems that the defending National League champs are content with leaving Placido Polanco at third base and Wilson Valdez at second until Chase Utley returns to the fold. However, Zrebiec notes that this could all change before the deadline, especially if the O's reduce their asking price for Wigginton.
    The Fixer wrote:
    happ isn't helping the phils this year. he isn't that good when he's healthy and he's obviously still hurt (as evidenced by his minor league starts). losing manuel wouldn't hurt this team...they win in spite of him, not because of him

Talks between the Phillies and Orioles regarding infielders Ty Wigginton and Miguel Tejada are currently dead, a source told Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun. Yesterday it was reported that the Phillies have been talking to Baltimore about Wigginton for weeks and might also be interested in Tejada, who could have been a short-term solution at third base.

For now, it seems that the defending National League champs are content with leaving Placido Polanco at third base and Wilson Valdez at second until Chase Utley returns to the fold. However, Zrebiec notes that this could all change before the deadline, especially if the O's reduce their asking price for Wigginton.

Happ actually looked good in his last start,throwing between 92-95mph while striking out 7. I think when healthy happ is a number 3 pitcher and think he could help us out bigtime in aug/sept if healthy. Losing a manager who managed you to a world series title and back there the following year would kill moral like no other. There's no way u can truly think it wouldn't,they love Charlie and respect him greatly. There's a reason why u never here anything bad from his players about his decesions,they have too much respect for him.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Happ actually looked good in his last start,throwing between 92-95mph while striking out 7. I think when healthy happ is a number 3 pitcher and think he could help us out bigtime in aug/sept if healthy. Losing a manager who managed you to a world series title and back there the following year would kill moral like no other. There's no way u can truly think it wouldn't,they love Charlie and respect him greatly. There's a reason why u never here anything bad from his players about his decesions,they have too much respect for him.

happ has never touched 95 in his life. he's an average pitcher who's not much of an upgrade from their current starters

changing managers can be the best way to kick start a team. like colorado last year. manuel blows as a manager. I'd love to see someone like showalter in here. he's a no nonsense dude that wouldn't tolerate the mental mistakes have consistently made this year (guys taking extra bases at the wrong times, stealing in stupid situations, forgetting to cover bases...and those are just from yesterday). That kind of stuff is on the manager.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

happ has never touched 95 in his life. he's an average pitcher who's not much of an upgrade from their current starters

changing managers can be the best way to kick start a team. like colorado last year. manuel blows as a manager. I'd love to see someone like showalter in here. he's a no nonsense dude that wouldn't tolerate the mental mistakes have consistently made this year (guys taking extra bases at the wrong times, stealing in stupid situations, forgetting to cover bases...and those are just from yesterday). That kind of stuff is on the manager.
    Go thru and read Happ hit 95 in his last start. I once again disagree with you but thats nothing new,i think Happ is a solid pitcher and will help us during the stretch run. And firing a manager who has the teams respect is about the worst thing any gm could do,especially when the team is 4.5 games out of 1st place and have had many many key injuries. Makes absoutely no sense at all imo, they play better for a manuel type mananger instead of a bowa type. I agree that manuel isn't a very good manager but for some reason the boys love playing for him.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Happ doesn't throw 95. He tops out at 92 at best, and consistently stays around 89/90. He's a decent pitcher, but the last thing I heard is that his injury is going to be ongoing things and the Phils could see him being shut down for the season. I'll believe Happ throws 95 when I see it with I own eyes.
    Happ doesn't throw 95. He tops out at 92 at best, and consistently stays around 89/90. He's a decent pitcher, but the last thing I heard is that his injury is going to be ongoing things and the Phils could see him being shut down for the season. I'll believe Happ throws 95 when I see it with I own eyes.
    J.A. Happ-S- Phillies Jul. 17 - 9:01 am et

Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said he "absolutely" was still counting on J.A. Happ to help the team this year.

The southpaw has been sidelined since mid-April with a sore elbow that led to a significant decrease in velocity. The results from his rehab outings weren't very good, so the team optioned him to Triple-A until he was ready. The Phils were impressed with what it saw on Thursday in Happ's most recent outing. "He started out a little tentative and then threw the [heck] out of it the last two innings," said Amaro, who added that Happ's velocity sat between 92-95 mph. "That was a good sign."
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer
    there ya go................
    Go Birds!!!!

Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said he "absolutely" was still counting on J.A. Happ to help the team this year.

The southpaw has been sidelined since mid-April with a sore elbow that led to a significant decrease in velocity. The results from his rehab outings weren't very good, so the team optioned him to Triple-A until he was ready. The Phils were impressed with what it saw on Thursday in Happ's most recent outing. "He started out a little tentative and then threw the [heck] out of it the last two innings," said Amaro, who added that Happ's velocity sat between 92-95 mph. "That was a good sign."

Yeah, I can read Philly.com all day too. I get that. What I'm telling you is I'll believe Happ throws 95 when I see it.

Yeah, I can read Philly.com all day too. I get that. What I'm telling you is I'll believe Happ throws 95 when I see it.
    Got ya :lol: well maybe them eyeballs will get to see it sooner then ya think.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Funny out of this whole page of conversation thats what u picked out to talk about.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492

happ's just okay when healthy. just okay. i am not counting on anything from him this year. anything we do get is a bonus as far as i'm concerned. maybe he could help in the pen though--assuming we get another starter.

honestly, i think we should give fast eddie a call and see what it will take to bring myers back here. we'd only owe him 1.3M or so for the rest of the year and he has an option for next year. he hasn't gone fewer than 6 IP all year. he would have the 2nd best era amongst our starters right now. plus he'd want to prove we made a mistake not resigning him--i realize that's not a huge thing, but for some reason i think it would motivate this idiot. he's a solid 3 at a bargain basement price which is what we need right now.

still don't understand why we didn't resign him in the first place....but that's another story...
    www.myspace.com
    Funny out of this whole page of conversation thats what u picked out to talk about.

amaro's probably hyping happ up as much as he can so other teams we may want to deal with think we don't need a starter as much as we really really really really really really do. ;)
    www.myspace.com

amaro's probably hyping happ up as much as he can so other teams we may want to deal with think we don't need a starter as much as we really really really really really really do. ;)
    what do u think about mine and the fixers convo on the last page i wanna here your thoughts.
    Go Birds!!!!

what do u think about mine and the fixers convo on the last page i wanna here your thoughts.

It's "hear".

And I don't. I've never seen of bigger waste of time in here - the ongoing bitching and such.
    amaro's probably hyping happ up as much as he can so other teams we may want to deal with think we don't need a starter as much as we really really really really really really do. ;)[/quote]
    what do u think about mine and the fixers convo on the last page i wanna here your thoughts.[/quote]

It's "hear".

And I don't. I've never seen of bigger waste of time in here - the ongoing bitching and such.[/quote]

Lol flame on asst english police. I wasn't asking your thoughts but thanks anyway buddy :wave: :wave:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Lol nice burn jamminpearls

GO CUBS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    ugh this is looking bad for us :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    ugh this is looking bad for us :roll:
    That was pretty damn bad,how they came out flat is beyond me. :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!

exactly. Jeags, you are coming along nicely. We went from never agreeing to becoming two peas in a pod. Scary.

And I agree with you that myers should have been brought back. I always liked that dude more than most. Fucking amaro

Now let's get back to arguing...this isn't fun
    phils are 7-8 in halladay's last 15 starts. this team sucks.
    trade for myers.

bench ibanez.

bring up the kid.

bang--done.

if they do bench ibanez and bring up brown....how do you think that will play out? ideally, it would kill 2 birds with one stone by improving the bench and infusing some youthful exuberance into the lineup. i'm just not sure how ibanez will take it. lot of money coming off the bench too...at this point, you have to do something though...right?
    www.myspace.com
    trade for myers.

bench ibanez.

bring up the kid.

bang--done.

if they do bench ibanez and bring up brown....how do you think that will play out? ideally, it would kill 2 birds with one stone by improving the bench and infusing some youthful exuberance into the lineup. i'm just not sure how ibanez will take it. lot of money coming off the bench too...at this point, you have to do something though...right?

I'd love for myers to come back. Either bench raul or trade werth,either way brown needs to be up here playing. I don't think amaro has the balls to bench raul,but I have no problem with it. Something needs to happen now this is getting embrassing.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    You guys better hope Mitre can give the Yanks a good start or two, otherwise the trade market for a mid-level starter may have just gotten a lot more competitive.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys better hope Mitre can give the Yanks a good start or two, otherwise the trade market for a mid-level starter may have just gotten a lot more competitive.

were getting somebody...you know that
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    trade for myers.

bench ibanez.

bring up the kid.

bang--done.

bottom line is that everyone in the lineup needs to be better. howard and polanco are the only two worth a damn at the plate right now.

I honestly don't care if werth gets traded or not. He looks like he doesn't give a fuck

the strawberry daquiri guzzling fruitcake needs to start doing something too. he's gotten a free pass this year for some reason.

at least we get kendrick and moyer the next two nights. ughh
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cliff lee? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cliff lee? :lol:

You know whats even more hilarious? The Phillies had Cliff Lee and traded him away for peanuts and a bag of balls and are currently a few games above .500 and in 3rd place. The Yankees made a run at Cliff Lee but are currently 25 games above .500 and have the best record in baseball. Oh and what the Yankees were willing to give up for Lee is far and away better than what the Phillies got, so yeah, laugh it up.
This discussion has been closed.