***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    neilybabes86 wrote:
    I BOUGHT ABOUT 100 RICKY JORDAN rookie cards because everyone said he was the next best thing since sliced bread..

talk about a waste of money

nah i bought about 50 various BOXES of 91 NHL cards for lindros rookie 's

i think i got 4 out of 50 boxes

another waste of time and money

Myself included..I still have that set

I think Brodeur is in that set..maybe that will be worth something

I have the SCORE set with the extra 5 "exclusive" Lindros cards :roll:

i never bought a set just boxes with packs and packs trying to be greedy :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Every town sells out their stadium when a team is winning

I think St.Louis or Chi Cub fans are the only ones that show up faithfully winning or losing

Winning brings out the casual fan who only shows up when they're are winning or the thing to see at the time

I didn't read the whole article but the attendance at the Bank since it opened has been very solid
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Every town sell outs their stadium when a team is winning

I think St.Louis or Chi Cub fans are the only ones that show up faithfully winning or losing

Winning brings out the casual fan who only shows up when they're are winning or the thing to see at the time

I didn't read the whole article but the attendance at the Bank since it opened has been very solid

Agree for the most part. Just thought I would post it since it was in the Philly paper.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492

dude. dude...you're talking to a guy who had ticket plans back when they played at the vet...before they were winning divisions and championships and before it was considered "cool" to go to phillies games.

plus if you read the article its talking about people attending the games in person and jumping on the bandwagon of a championship caliber team which happens in every city, as the article points out...it's not talking about people who completely turn their backs on their hometown team, choosing instead to root for one 3,000 miles away from from home like you did with your city's basketball team. you should be ashamed of yourself for that callous act of treason.

and to be quite honest, there is not a doubt in my mind you wouldn't have done the same thing to the yankees if they kept running the team the same way the did back in the 80's.

now beat it! :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com

dude. dude...you're talking to a guy who had ticket plans back when they played at the vet...before they were winning divisions and championships and before it was considered "cool" to go to phillies games.

plus if you read the article its talking about people attending the games in person and jumping on the bandwagon of a championship caliber team which happens in every city, as the article points out...it's not talking about people who completely turn their backs on their hometown team, choosing instead to root for one 3,000 miles away from from home like you did with your city's basketball team. you should be ashamed of yourself for that callous act of treason.

and to be quite honest, there is not a doubt in my mind you wouldn't have done the same thing to the yankees if they kept running the team the same way the did back in the 80's.

if i haven't turned my back on the rangers by now .....

and i never turned my back on the knicks ...i was born into that

granted my level of hatred went way up in 97 but i was never a fan to begin with

how ironic eh jeags :lol:

if i haven't turned my back on the rangers by now .....

and i never turned my back on the knicks ...i was born into that

granted my level of hatred went way up in 97 but i was never a fan to begin with

the "being born into it" excuse just means your a 2nd generation fruad and cannot think for yourself. sorry dude. i don't make the rules. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2010
    pjhawks wrote:

so after the contract expires you will be happy to follow up with the Travis Lee, JR Phillips, Ricky Jordan, Len Matuszek-like era of 1st basemen for the Phils - nice. I have my own new stat called WASP - Wins Above Shitty Players and Ryan Howard is about +20 over those turds we had as some of his predecessors.

gotta love people who do nothing but rip on our stars and clearly the Fixer is one of those (see Flyers thread as well).

dude, you're the guy that thought the devils played a left wing lock and lidge threw a sinker.

1B is the easiest position in baseball to replace. You don't give the 8th best 1B in MLB 25 mill a year.

and jeff carter blows. he's not a fucking star

you know who jonathan singleton is?
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

phils crowds are so annoying anymore

last saturday the guy behind me asked me what the numbers next to the city meant on the out of town scoreboard. he thought the mets had 57 runs. and he was serious. philly fans are the worst

Also, sam donellon is a huge tool. he ripped the phils for letting jon lieber go. idiot

there's also a jaime moyer to the HOF article in the Daily News today. man the philly papers have gone to shit
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

last saturday the guy behind me asked me what the numbers next to the city meant on the out of town scoreboard. he thought the mets had 57 runs. and he was serious. philly fans are the worst

Also, sam donellon is a huge tool. he ripped the phils for letting jon lieber go. idiot

there's also a jaime moyer to the HOF article in the Daily News today. man the philly papers have gone to shit

curmudgeoncur·mud·geon
    Function: noun
    Etymology: origin unknown
    Date: 1568
    1 archaic : miser
    2 : a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man

.....fixer--aren't you just 31 or 32 years old though :lol::lol:

only kidding dude
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

so after the contract expires you will be happy to follow up with the Travis Lee, JR Phillips, Ricky Jordan, Len Matuszek-like era of 1st basemen for the Phils - nice. I have my own new stat called WASP - Wins Above Shitty Players and Ryan Howard is about +20 over those turds we had as some of his predecessors.

gotta love people who do nothing but rip on our stars and clearly the Fixer is one of those (see Flyers thread as well).

dude, you're the guy that thought the devils played a left wing lock and lidge threw a sinker.

1B is the easiest position in baseball to replace. You don't give the 8th best 1B in MLB 25 mill a year.

you are funny - 8th best 1st baseman..

yup jeff carter blows because it is so damn easy to score 40 fucking goals. yet aren't you the same moron begging for daniel carcillo to get back in the lineup during the Cup?

only morons think hitting guys who hit 45 home runs every year, score 40 goals in hockey every year suck or blow - dude if either of these guys were in another town you'd wet yourself for them - just STOP now please. you disgrace yourself everytime you say Howard sucks - it's embarrassing.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

you are funny - 8th best 1st baseman..

yup jeff carter blows because it is so damn easy to score 40 fucking goals. yet aren't you the same moron begging for daniel carcillo to get back in the lineup during the Cup?

only morons think hitting guys who hit 45 home runs every year, score 40 goals in hockey every year suck or blow - dude if either of these guys were in another town you'd wet yourself for them - just STOP now please. you disgrace yourself everytime you say Howard sucks - it's embarrassing.

miguel cabrera, morneau, texiera, pujols, votto, gonzalez, youkilis. all better than howard

you know Mikael renberg once scored 40 goals right? hitting that number doesn't mean a player is good. Just like 40 homers doesn't mean a player is good (adam dunn for example)

you love stats...you just need to learn which ones are worth a damn
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    edited July 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

miguel cabrera, morneau, texiera, pujols, votto, gonzalez, youkilis. all better than howard

you know Mikael renberg once scored 40 goals right? hitting that number doesn't mean a player is good. Just like 40 homers doesn't mean a player is good (adam dunn for example)

you are too funny with that list of 1B better than howard.

what part of every year didnt you understand dumb---? Renberg did it what once? Carter has been a top scorer for what 3, 4 years now and no reason that won't continue. and why bring singleton into the argument - at what point did i ever compare Jeff Carter to anyone? All i said was saying be blows is idiotic - but that is par for the course for your sports opinions apparantly.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    bernie nichols scored 70 goals with the kings one year....he sure wasn't a 70 goal scorer
    who the fuck is bernie nichols?
    www.myspace.com

played with gretzky in LA

spent some time in ny also

are you speaking latin?
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I think when he posts in Phiily threads the fixer should change his name to the hater. Seems fitting to me.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you are too funny with that list of 1B better than howard.

what part of every year didnt you understand dumb---? Renberg did it what once? Carter has been a top scorer for what 3, 4 years now and no reason that won't continue. and why bring singleton into the argument - at what point did i ever compare Jeff Carter to anyone? All i said was saying be blows is idiotic - but that is par for the course for your sports opinions apparantly.

carter has scored 30 goals twice in his career. other than that he contributes absolutely zero to the flyers. he had one of the worst playoff series in flyers history last year vs the pens

you look at his stats, see 40 goals one year, and assume he's a good player. not true

he was solid. I think he played for edmonton too right?
    I think when he posts in Phiily threads the fixer should change his name to the hater. Seems fitting to me.

I just hate stupid fans and bad contracts
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,333
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Go easy on the Philly papers - All Star Break is a slow news time. At least they're still printing, for now.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Other then gonzalez hitting 4pts higher in avg howard beats him in every other category. Pujulos and maybe cabrera are the only othe 1st baseman who and in howards league or better. Joey Votto u serious let the dude have a few steller seasons before u throw that junk out there serioulsy. Howard and his world series ring in the last 4yrs is by far the leader in hrs and rbi,but they don't count nevermind.

It blows my mind how a career 281 hitter who avgs 49 hrs and 143 rbis is getting bashed on a constant basis,especially when he's producing solid numbers yet again.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Other then gonzalez hitting 4pts higher in avg howard beats him in every other category. Pujulos and maybe cabrera are the only othe 1st baseman who and in howards league or better. Joey Votto u serious let the dude have a few steller seasons before u throw that junk out there serioulsy. Howard and his world series ring in the last 4yrs is by far the leader in hrs and rbi,but they don't count nevermind.

It blows my mind how a career 281 hitter who avgs 49 hrs and 143 rbis is getting bashed on a constant basis,especially when he's producing solid numbers yet again.

if you keep using HRs and RBIs it's pointless to argue with you. use the slash stats and OPS.

howard is having a decent year. and he's still the 4th best 1B in his league (let alone MLB)
    The Fixer wrote:

Is that u calling names,funny funny. I seem to remember u not liking that,but yet u do it as well. It cracks me up how high and mighty u think u are. You act like you know everything and its pretty funny how far from the truth your statements are.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Is that u calling names,funny funny. I seem to remember u not liking that,but yet u do it as well. It cracks me up how high and mighty u think u are. You act like you know everything and its pretty funny how far from the truth your statements are.

not at all. that wasn't directed at anyone here. just a generalization about philly fans. sorry if it offended you, honestly didn't mean to
    I think when he posts in Phiily threads the fixer should change his name to the hater. Seems fitting to me.[/quote]

I just hate stupid fans and bad contracts[/quote]
    Is that u calling names,funny funny. I seem to remember u not liking that,but yet u do it as well. It cracks me up how high and mighty u think u are. You act like you know everything and its pretty funny how far from the truth your statements are.[/quote]

not at all. that wasn't directed at anyone here. just a generalization about philly fans. sorry if it offended you, honestly didn't mean to[/quote]

Sure as hell sounded like it to me. And I'm sure your sorry as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Looks like the wind might be blowing out tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I don't know anyone with a brain who wouldn't want howard on their team. I'd take howard over ike davis any damn day. Sabermertics are the most stupidest stats ever created. Guys like MANRAM and AROID and king albert are going to the hall of fame cause of their HOME RUNS AND RBI'S not cause of stupid sabermetrics stats.

Billy beane hasn't won shit since he's been gm of the A's and yet he's the "godfather" of sabermetrics stats. Yea those stats work wonder for him year in and year out. How many rings have the A's won. I mean fucking christ one of those stupid stabermetrics stats had daniel murphy as the 5th best defensive 1st basemen.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

This discussion has been closed.