***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Apologies, it comes out from time to time.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Apologies, it comes out from time to time.

I wonder what all the poor people are doing right?(said with the most possible smugness)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    lets fuckin' build on this for christ sake. doc's on the mound tonight. 3 out of 4 or a sweep heading into the break will go a long way for this team's confidence.

and here's to hoping the r6 is in the middle of one of his homer streaks. batting .300 is fantastic, but we need the pop in the middle of that lineup too. 2 in the last 3 games. they always come in bunches for him and, after all, it his hittin' season.....GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    lets fuckin' build on this for christ sake. doc's on the mound tonight. 3 out of 4 or a sweep heading into the break will go a long way for this team's confidence.

and here's to hoping the r6 is in the middle of one of his homer streaks. batting .300 is fantastic, but we need the pop in the middle of that lineup too. 2 in the last 3 games. they always come in bunches for him and, after all, it his hittin' season.....GO PHILS!

no comments on Blanton tipping his cap as the fans booed him off the field? What a dick move - good thing this team came back to win so that will probably be forgotton but the honeymoon with this team is over - they are starting to piss of the fan base. i wanted to slug fat Joe when I saw that. and normally i defend Joe but he has sucked bad this year and to do that - f him.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yes, Ryan Howard is nowvworth $125 mil because of a walk off hole run. Ha

seriously.

that was a huge hit...but it by no means justifies his ridiculous contract

gotta love philadelphia fans. actually, no you don't. I hate being affiliated with them
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

seriously.

gotta love philadelphia fans. actually, no you don't. I hate being affiliated with them

1. Who said that justifies his contract?

2. I think you gotta lose the smugness as well.
    pjhawks wrote:

no comments on Blanton tipping his cap as the fans booed him off the field? What a dick move - good thing this team came back to win so that will probably be forgotton but the honeymoon with this team is over - they are starting to piss of the fan base. i wanted to slug fat Joe when I saw that. and normally i defend Joe but he has sucked bad this year and to do that - f him.

ha, that's pretty damn funny actually. I have a rep as being a real smart ass. definitely something I would do.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

seriously.

check page 238
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    seriously.

check page 238

Ohhhhhh. Now I see it.

Still, lose the smugness.
    and can we please stop with the R6 stuff? that nickname is pretty bad. It's not on the level of something like Lappy, J-Roll, Big Piece, or Jamily...but it's pretty terrible.

I think most nicknames are gay these days. han-ram, A-rod, J-Roll...how original are they? I miss the days of cool nicknames like Goose Gossage, the Hawk, Oil Can Boyd...those are cool
    The Fixer wrote:

check page 238

Ohhhhhh. Now I see it.

Still, lose the smugness.

sorry. I'm just bitter that this rain fucked up my tailgate today. It hasn't rained in fucking 2 weeks. I wanted to be drunk already.

Finally get to see Halladay tonight
    The Fixer wrote:
    and can we please stop with the R6 stuff? that nickname is pretty bad. It's not on the level of something like Lappy, J-Roll, Big Piece, or Jamily...but it's pretty terrible.

I think most nicknames are gay these days. han-ram, A-rod, J-Roll...how original are they? I miss the days of cool nicknames like Goose Gossage, the Hawk, Oil Can Boyd...those are cool

Yeah, whatever happened to 'Homo' or 'Pussy'? I'm already a weird dude who likes to get weird - now just give me the freedom of millions of dollars and thing would get Hunter S. Thompson like. I would nickname someone 'Tittlywinks', and make it stick.
    The Fixer wrote:
    sorry. I'm just bitter that this rain fucked up my tailgate today. It hasn't rained in fucking 2 weeks. I wanted to be drunk already.

I hear ya. It's suppose to roll out by gametime though, right? I'm suppose to go to West Chester for this bike race, which should be even better than usual with slick roads. Sweet.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, whatever happened to 'Homo' or 'Pussy'? I'm already a weird dude who likes to get weird - now just give me the freedom of millions of dollars and thing would get Hunter S. Thompson like. I would nickname someone 'Tittlywinks', and make it stick.

I blame espn. they douchify everything

Hunter S Thompson was a freak. You ever read Chuck Klosterman? Love his books
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

seriously.

I also hate being affilated with philly fans who are ungrateful and complain about everything. Instead of enjoying a player who at the current time is hitting 299 with 17hrs and almost 70rbis, some people are still complaining because a gm gave him a big contract. Since when are they not great numbers at the all star break? I guess we should go back to the ricky jordan,travis lee days and people would be happy.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear ya. It's suppose to roll out by gametime though, right? I'm suppose to go to West Chester for this bike race, which should be even better than usual with slick roads. Sweet.

Yeah, they will play tonight. The rain just fucks up the pregaming.

WC is always a good time. Great scenery. Just a pain in the balls to get to
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

seriously.

I also hate being affilated with philly fans who are ungrateful and complain about everything. Instead of enjoying a player who at the current time is hitting 299 with 17hrs and almost 70rbis, some people are still complaining because a gm gave him a big contract. Since when are they not great numbers at the all star break? I guess we should go back to the ricky jordan,travis lee days and people would be happy.

I'm not getting into this debate again. I've made it known how I feel about howard. He is having a good year...good enough to be the 4th best 1B in his own league (let alone baseball).

His hit last night was huge though...I give him credit.

The contract is still an abortion
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Name sounds familiar, but no. I thought you meant Chuck Palahniuk. I'm a big Easton Ellis fan as well, along with the usuals of Bukowski, Wolfe, yada. I'm a big fan of self deprecation. Yeah, I need to find more modern writers who write that same way. I'll have to check that dude out.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, lived out there for like 5 years. Good times. Going to Jake's for 50 cent beers, then taking a backpack of beer downtown to watch these jokers fall on their faces - hopefully.
    The Fixer wrote:

Name sounds familiar, but no. I thought you meant Chuck Palahniuk. I'm a big Easton Ellis fan as well, along with the usuals of Bukowski, Wolfe, yada. I'm a big fan of self deprecation. Yeah, I need to find more modern writers who write that same way. I'll have to check that dude out.[/quote]

He's got some weird theories about stuff. Check out Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs
    I can't see any situation where any other team would want ibanez.

From Olney today...

Heard this: The Phillies are asking around to see if anybody wants to take Raul Ibanez off their hands; this way, they could make room for top prospect Domonic Brown. Their preference would be to dump Ibanez and the $17 million or so still owed to him, keep Jayson Werth and call up Brown. But in lieu of that, they might have to move Werth in order to get a pitcher and make room for Brown.
    The Fixer wrote:

From Olney today...

Heard this: The Phillies are asking around to see if anybody wants to take Raul Ibanez off their hands; this way, they could make room for top prospect Domonic Brown. Their preference would be to dump Ibanez and the $17 million or so still owed to him, keep Jayson Werth and call up Brown. But in lieu of that, they might have to move Werth in order to get a pitcher and make room for Brown.

Even if they paid Raul's entire salary, what the hell could they even get for him?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Hating an extremely productive player beacause you don't like his contract makes no sense. If he was sucking people could understand,but when he's batting 19pts higher then his career avg right now and on pace for another 40hr season and 140 rbis u sound like a ungrateful negative philly person. And that attuitude is why most outsiders despise ALL philly fans. Hating someone for no reason other then money is a piss poor way of thinking.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Hating an extremely productive player beacause you don't like his contract makes no sense. If he was sucking people could understand,but when he's batting 19pts higher then his career avg right now and on pace for another 40hr season and 140 rbis u sound like a ungrateful negative philly person. And that attuitude is why most outsiders despise ALL philly fans. Hating someone for no reason other then money is a piss poor way of thinking.

you're entitled to your opinion (which I couldn't disagree more with).

the howard contract restricts the phils from winning post-2010. Not howard's fault, a player is obviously gonna take as much money as he can get. He's just severly overpaid. He's a good player and he's paid like a great player. It's just bad management by the phillies
    The Fixer wrote:

From Olney today...

Even if they paid Raul's entire salary, what the hell could they even get for him?

A bag of balls and some fungo bats. Addition by subtraction...just like the abreu trade
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

From Olney today...

A bag of balls and some fungo bats. Addition by subtraction...just like the abreu trade

True. Hopefully they can do that by the end of the month. Also hoping for that starter and reliever as well.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

My home town :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    Woo-Hoo! J-Roll! 3 extra inning comeback wins in a row, awesome! :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    nice win tonight...halladay is ridiculous. nice to see francisco in the lineup too. about time charlie.

Couldn't tell from my seats down the LF line, but buddies were texting me about howard not going after the cairo double in the 8th. Should he have made that play? I thought he should have, but it was tough for me to tell. No one ever mentions his fire hydrant-like range. That play costs them the game if anyone but halladay is on the mound.

also, victorino is rapidly rising on my shit list. He's gotta catch that ball in right center late in the game (forget what inning...play where he slid into francisco). That was awful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZbquNj8hg0
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,333
    I kind of like The R6 as Howard's nickname actually. It's a slow, lumbering train that's usually late and it's representative of Philly.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.