***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    back to baseball guys - how can Charlie start Howard over Joey Votto at DH - doesn't he realize Votto's WAR is much higher and his OPS is off the charts? Man Charlie is a dumbass.

ps: sarcasm guys, just being a wiseass no need to rip into me.

Manuel is a dumb ass...I agree there. Actually Howard has no business being an all star. There are 3 1B in the NL that have better numbers. Well, at least he put him at DH, which is the position he should be playing during the regular season. I could care less though...all star games are stupid

why the fuck is manuel starting moyer on thursday? he is such a dumb hick

stats stats stats same as blah blah blah

the teams the 3 better 1b are on all have better records than the phils right now too
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    my offer for going all jeff gillooly on ibanez still stands.

who's in?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Manuel is a dumb ass...I agree there. Actually Howard has no business being an all star. There are 3 1B in the NL that have better numbers. Well, at least he put him at DH, which is the position he should be playing during the regular season. I could care less though...all star games are stupid

why the fuck is manuel starting moyer on thursday? he is such a dumb hick

stats stats stats same as blah blah blah

the teams the 3 better 1b are on all have better records than the phils right now too

you know that has nothing to do with anything right? injuries are the main reason for our slow start this year. howard's leading the team in just about every offensive category. we'll see where we stack up in october.
    www.myspace.com

you know that has nothing to do with anything right? injuries are the main reason for our slow start this year. howard's leading the team in just about every offensive category. we'll see where we stack up in october.

true. just because he's leading the phillies in offensive categories doesn't mean anything either. there are 3 other 1B in the NL alone that are having better years than howard.

whatever, I don't want to start bashing howard again. the all star game is pointless. he shouldn't be there, let alone be starting
    The Fixer wrote:

true. just because he's leading the phillies in offensive categories doesn't mean anything either. there are 3 other 1B in the NL alone that are having better years than howard.

whatever, I don't want to start bashing howard again. the all star game is pointless. he shouldn't be there, let alone be starting

it means that he's carrying this team with all the other guy's out.

it is also worth noting that these other 1b's you keep referring to are 3 of the very best players in all of baseball. just so happens they play the same position as howard. 1b is what 3b used to be back in the day.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Alright, dopes - enough shits, giggles, and titty twisters. Time to go to work.

it is also worth noting that these other 1b's you keep referring to are 3 of the very best players in all of baseball. just so happens they play the same position as howard. 1b is what 3b used to be back in the day.

Howard is having a decent year. To say he is carrying the phillies is funny though. The only reason they are in the race is because of their pitching. Which is strange but true
    The Fixer wrote:

Howard is having a decent year. To say he is carrying the phillies is funny though. The only reason they are in the race is because of their pitching. Which is strange but true

Truth.
    about time amaro did something, well something not stupid. happ isn't solving any problems this year. he better not be the contingency plan

Reunion Seems Unlikely For Pedro, Phillies
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 13 at 7:35pm CST]
    Pedro Martinez has yet to throw off a mound this year, so the chances that he signs with the Phillies for a second consecutive year appear to be dwindling. MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. spoke to Pedro’s agent, Fernando Cuza, and determined that things have changed since last year.

“They're different circumstances,” Amaro said, pointing out that Pedro pitched in last year’s World Baseball Classic. “He hasn't gotten on a mound [in 2010]. Only Pedro could say when he'd be ready. I'm sure he knows, but I couldn't tell you."

Amaro didn’t rule out a reunion, but Zolecki suggests the Phillies will not bring Pedro back. J.A. Happ is pitching at Triple A and could return soon, but the Phillies are considering help outside the organization.

Pedro posted 7.5 K/9 with 1.6 BB/9 last year, along with a 3.63 ERA. He didn’t throw much (just 44.2 innings), but he provided the Phils with a late-season boost. This year, Amaro could turn to Dan Haren (a player the Phillies have interest in) or other potentially available arms like Fausto Carmona and former Phillie Brett Myers.
    The Fixer wrote:
    about time amaro did something, well something not stupid. happ isn't solving any problems this year. he better not be the contingency plan

Reunion Seems Unlikely For Pedro, Phillies
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 13 at 7:35pm CST]
    Pedro Martinez has yet to throw off a mound this year, so the chances that he signs with the Phillies for a second consecutive year appear to be dwindling. MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. spoke to Pedro’s agent, Fernando Cuza, and determined that things have changed since last year.

“They're different circumstances,” Amaro said, pointing out that Pedro pitched in last year’s World Baseball Classic. “He hasn't gotten on a mound [in 2010]. Only Pedro could say when he'd be ready. I'm sure he knows, but I couldn't tell you."

Amaro didn’t rule out a reunion, but Zolecki suggests the Phillies will not bring Pedro back. J.A. Happ is pitching at Triple A and could return soon, but the Phillies are considering help outside the organization.

Pedro posted 7.5 K/9 with 1.6 BB/9 last year, along with a 3.63 ERA. He didn’t throw much (just 44.2 innings), but he provided the Phils with a late-season boost. This year, Amaro could turn to Dan Haren (a player the Phillies have interest in) or other potentially available arms like Fausto Carmona and former Phillie Brett Myers.

Brett Myers. Ha. Carmona was good......once.

http://www.tauntr.com/content/phillies- ... cence-tase
    The Fixer wrote:

he's been the only consistent offensive weapon we've had all year and we're going to need him to keep it up in the 2nd half.

there's also something to be said about his constant presence in the lineup day in, day out. despite his body type ( :lol: ) dude never seems to get hurt.

----hey look at that, the jeagler just jinxed ryan howard! i now fully expect him to blow out both knees by labor day.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

he's been the only consistent offensive weapon we've had all year and we're going to need him to keep it up in the 2nd half.

there's also something to be said about his constant presence in the lineup day in, day out. despite his body type ( :lol: ) dude never seems to get hurt.

----hey look at that, the jeagler just jinxed ryan howard! i now fully expect him to blow out both knees by labor day.

howard hasn't carried anything this year

braves just traded for alex gonzalez.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

howard hasn't carried anything this year

braves just traded for alex gonzalez.

you hate ryan howard :lol:
    www.myspace.com

not true. I hate his contract. and I hate the fact that people think he is a great player (especially those in philly that watch him play every day)
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

not true. I hate his contract. and I hate the fact that people think he is a great player (especially those in philly that watch him play every day)
    You bad mouth him on almost a daily basis. Never give him credit and complain about his contract daily. If u don't hate him then you sure as hell act like u do. He's earned his pay raise and is still putting up good numbers,yet he is bashed and bashed by you and your sabermatics.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    And I don't care how many times its discussed its a good topic. And as long as he's putting up strong numbers and your still bashing him ill be right here throwing his production at you. One sabermatic at a time :)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    give em hell jammin :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

lol...

all kidding aside, fixer, your constant critizisms do come off across like you hate the guy and not just the contract. every chance you get, if he makes a bad play in the field or has a bad game at the plate you call him out for it and rarely, if ever, compliment him when he has good game.

at least you admit he's having a good year though.

homefield advantage this year--all we gotta do is get there now damn it!
    GO PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    And I don't care how many times its discussed its a good topic. And as long as he's putting up strong numbers and your still bashing him ill be right here throwing his production at you. One sabermatic at a time :)

The fact that he cannot hit lefties is not sabermetrics
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

or drive in runners from 3rd with less than two out, or catch the ball, or throw the ball.

I just said last week that his hr in extra innings was a huge hit for the phils

I don't hate the guy. He does a good job representing the phils and the city of philadelphia. He has a good head on his shoulders and isn't a troublemaker. He is just horrendously overpaid. I do complain about the contract a lot, but that's because it is the worst thing I've ever seen (after the Lee trade).

Like I've said a million times, howard is a good player. problem is that he gets paid like a great player.

We need a new topic...this one has been beaten to death
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

or drive in runners from 3rd with less than two out, or catch the ball, or throw the ball.

I just said last week that his hr in extra innings was a huge hit for the phils

I don't hate the guy. He does a good job representing the phils and the city of philadelphia. He has a good head on his shoulders and isn't a troublemaker. He is just horrendously overpaid. I do complain about the contract a lot, but that's because it is the worst thing I've ever seen (after the Lee trade).

Like I've said a million times, howard is a good player. problem is that he gets paid like a great player.

stop bringing it up then
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

stop bringing it up then

touche. I will stop bitching when his contract expires
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

stop bringing it up then

then this topic will continue to be beaten to death just like all the people constantly complained about donovan for 10 years. awesome. looking forward to it.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

stop bringing it up then

so after the contract expires you will be happy to follow up with the Travis Lee, JR Phillips, Ricky Jordan, Len Matuszek-like era of 1st basemen for the Phils - nice. I have my own new stat called WASP - Wins Above Shitty Players and Ryan Howard is about +20 over those turds we had as some of his predecessors.

gotta love people who do nothing but rip on our stars and clearly the Fixer is one of those (see Flyers thread as well).
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

stop bringing it up then

so after the contract expires you will be happy to follow up with the Travis Lee, JR Phillips, Ricky Jordan, Len Matuszek-like era of 1st basemen for the Phils - nice. I have my own new stat called WASP - Wins Above Shitty Players and Ryan Howard is about +20 over those turds we had as some of his predecessors.

gotta love people who do nothing but rip on our stars and clearly the Fixer is one of those (see Flyers thread as well).

I BOUGHT ABOUT 100 RICKY JORDAN rookie cards because everyone said he was the next best thing since sliced bread..

talk about a waste of money
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I BOUGHT ABOUT 100 RICKY JORDAN rookie cards because everyone said he was the next best thing since sliced bread..

he was the man! homerun in his first at bat. i remember it like it was....22 years ago or so.

myself and just about every kid i knew emulated his batting stance in little league.

i think he had a lot of problems with his knees otherwise he could have been a lot better than he turned out.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    neilybabes86 wrote:

You can sit them next to the 20 Sean Avery Rookie Cards you bought when he became a Ranger

My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    neilybabes86 wrote:

You can sit them next to the 20 Sean Avery Rookie Cards you bought when he became a Ranger

nah i bought about 50 various BOXES of 91 NHL cards for lindros rookie 's

i think i got 4 out of 50 boxes

another waste of time and money
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    neilybabes86 wrote:

nah i bought about 50 various BOXES of 91 NHL cards for lindros rookie 's

i think i got 4 out of 50 boxes

another waste of time and money

Myself included..I still have that set

I think Brodeur is in that set..maybe that will be worth something

I have the SCORE set with the extra 5 "exclusive" Lindros cards :roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    oh i forgot that i snapped a pair of oakley's in half when they announced the flyers got him

so add another $100 to the wasted total
This discussion has been closed.