***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:

Got ya. Yeah, they're telling me I'm guaranteed tickets to two of the potential 3 series. And that's gay.

yeah, that's the power of the bandwagon. In 2007 and 2008 we were guaranteed a game in each series, and we got a game 7 in the NLCS. Last year we were only guaranteed one game in each series.

I have a contact in the phils ticket office, so I might be able to help out peeps in need. Last year the dude got me a few SRO tix for the home WS games. I already had tix, so I sold them for a nice profit

we probably sound pretty dumb discussing playoff tix right now

Like we belong in a mental asylum....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    ALSO, David Murphy is reporting that he's hearing that the Phils wanna go after a starter and a reliever, and talks of getting an infielder is quickly dissipating. He's also hearing there's a good chance Dom Brown to be called up in August just for the necessity of a bat.

Nice. I'm hoping for ted lilly. amaro making desperation moves really makes me nervous
    The Fixer wrote:
    ALSO, David Murphy is reporting that he's hearing that the Phils wanna go after a starter and a reliever, and talks of getting an infielder is quickly dissipating. He's also hearing there's a good chance Dom Brown to be called up in August just for the necessity of a bat.

Nice. I'm hoping for ted lilly. amaro making desperation moves really makes me nervous

Lilly's alright. I just don't like 'em. Ya figure you can get a really decent reliever for not much from a shitty team. And like ya said, Lilly would be aiight. Between Oswalt and Lilly, I'd take Oswalt though.
    The Fixer wrote:

Lilly's alright. I just don't like 'em. Ya figure you can get a really decent reliever for not much from a shitty team. And like ya said, Lilly would be aiight. Between Oswalt and Lilly, I'd take Oswalt though.

I don't think oswalt or haren is too realistic. Lilly is more attainable. If we're just talking talent, I definitely agree with you.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think oswalt or haren is too realistic. Lilly is more attainable. If we're just talking talent, I definitely agree with you.

Aren't Oswalt and Lilly both locked up through next year? And what the fuck is with Oswalt wanting to stay in Houston so bad? What a weirdo. F that no-trade and join a contender before your arm falls off.
    The Fixer wrote:

Aren't Oswalt and Lilly both locked up through next year? And what the fuck is with Oswalt wanting to stay in Houston so bad? What a weirdo. F that no-trade and join a contender before your arm falls off.

oswalt and haren are both signed for the next few years. pretty sure oswalt is the most expensive option. Lilly is a FA after this year. He will get traded now that the Lee deal went down. I wish amaro would have been proactive because Lilly's trade price tag went up now that teams will start executing Cliff Lee contingency plans.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

oswalt and haren are both signed for the next few years. pretty sure oswalt is the most expensive option. Lilly is a FA after this year. He will get traded now that the Lee deal went down. I wish amaro would have been proactive because Lilly's trade price tag went up now that teams will start executing Cliff Lee contingency plans.

For a lefty, he never hurt us too bad. I always thought we hit him well. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    nice to see you gents finally come around to admitting the rotation is not "okay." i've been saying that for months now.

joe blanton has been an UNMITIGATED DISASTER this year and is flying way under the radar because of all the other issues we have right now.

sure glad we tendered him instead of re-signing young clifford.

GO RANGERS.
    www.myspace.com
    nice to see you gents finally come around to admitting the rotation is not "okay." i've been saying that for months now.

joe blanton has been an UNMITIGATED DISASTER this year and is flying way under the radar because of all the other issues we have right now.

GO RANGERS.

First, it's Clifton. Second, I've been saying for a while they need a starter - and it has nothing to do with Blanton.

GO RANGERS.

First, it's Clifton. Second, I've been saying for a while they need a starter - and it has nothing to do with Blanton.

i still prefer young clifford. i'm really happy he's on the rangers of all teams actually. they are fun to watch. plus they may have a shot at knocking off the stupid yankees in october.....contrary to what that jose dude was saying in that other thread. some people should just stay away from sports threads.

also-- i love hoegarden.
    www.myspace.com

GO RANGERS.

i still prefer young clifford. i'm really happy he's on the rangers of all teams actually. they are fun to watch. plus they may have a shot at knocking off the stupid yankees in october.....contrary to what that jose dude was saying in that other thread. some people should just stay away from sports threads.

also-- i love hoegarden.

Shall I get you an orange slice to go with your Maxipad?

also-- i love hoegarden.

no. but you can get me a lemon slice while you enjoy your banana beer :lol:
    www.myspace.com

also-- i love hoegarden.

Mmmmmm.....banana bread beer. Going to The Pig tomorrow, after gallivanting through West Chester with stops at Jake's for 50 cent drafts and watching this bike race with a backpack full of beer. Ahhh, tomorrow should be good.

Dinger for Dobbs. Just enough to get our hopes up. Sorta. Nah, not really. Who knew if they got his pitch count up that they would have a chance.....honestly don't know what half of these dudes in this lineup are thinking in their approach at the plate.

Mmmmmm.....banana bread beer. Going to The Pig tomorrow, after gallivanting through West Chester with stops at Jake's for 50 cent drafts and watching this bike race with a backpack full of beer. Ahhh, tomorrow should be good.

Dinger for Dobbs. Just enough to get our hopes up. Sorta. Nah, not really. Who knew if they got his pitch count up that they would have a chance.....honestly don't know what half of these dudes in this lineup are thinking in their approach at the plate.

what approach?

i will be in beautifull harrisburg pennsylvania tomorrow consuming more than my fair share of troegs summer pilsners.
    www.myspace.com

what approach?

i will be in beautifull harrisburg pennsylvania tomorrow consuming more than my fair share of troegs summer pilsners.

Losses like this piss me off more than just laying down.
    FUCK EVERYTHING I JUST WROTE!!!!!!!!
    HOLY

SHIT

!
    www.myspace.com
    But...a win like this.....fuck it....I'm not saying it yet.
    THAT is what I mean by terrible approach at the plate. That's twice in this game - and God knows how many times in his career - that that little Ed Hardy wearin' MMA wannabe douche has swung at the first pitch in a spot where the fucking closer is rattled and threw 4 balls to Rollins. Nah, Shane, go ahead, swing at the first fucking pitch. Makes a lot of fucking sense.

.....still love the guy though. :lol:
    JUST GET ME TO THE PLATE BOYS!!!!!

THE R6 HAS DEPARTED!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
    But...a win like this.....fuck it....I'm not saying it yet.

I'll finish what I was saying.....a win like this - in that fashion - can get that confidence and swagger back, unite this team. Because this team, this year, hasn't had "that moment." And now they did. Well, that's the ideal at least.
    And I'll keep talking to myself cause I'm on fucking lock down at home - LETS GO BRAVES.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    That was one of the best games I have ever been to live.

A couple of random things:

My sister got free tix from her work - she works for the company that makes Super Pretzel among other arena foods as an executive assistant to the owner - and gave them to my parents for their anniversary. I randomly found a pair last night on stub hub right next to the free tix she got. So I bought them and we went to and saw the first game we've seen in years with the four of us together. So that was cool.

I emailed my sister today the link about Werth and Chase's wife and she left it open on her computer screen and her boss walked by and saw it and freaked out wondering if it was true. He had my sister googling stuff about Werth and Utley and even had go onto snopes to see if the link had been rebuffed. He even contemplated calling Chase to see if he knew about the link and rumors. My sister's boss is one of the largest donors to Chase's animal charity and Chase visits the office like once a month and they do lunch so they're pretty good friends. So yeah, I gotta watch what I see on this thread and what I send to my sister going forward lol.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

My sister got free tix from her work - she works for the company that makes Super Pretzel among other arena foods as an executive assistant to the owner - and gave them to my parents for their anniversary. I randomly found a pair last night on stub hub right next to the free tix she got. So I bought them and we went to and saw the first game we've seen in years with the four of us together. So that was cool.

I emailed my sister today the link about Werth and Chase's wife and she left it open on her computer screen and her boss walked by and saw it and freaked out wondering if it was true. He had my sister googling stuff about Werth and Utley and even had go onto snopes to see if the link had been rebuffed. He even contemplated calling Chase to see if he knew about the link and rumors. My sister's boss is one of the largest donors to Chase's animal charity and Chase visits the office like once a month and they do lunch so they're pretty good friends. So yeah, I gotta watch what I see on this thread and what I send to my sister going forward lol.

my fiance said she saw something on facebook about werth and jen utley. i told her it was hogwash. you're saying there is actually some validity to that nonsense?
    www.myspace.com
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Solat13 wrote:

my fiance said she saw something on facebook about werth and jen utley. i told her it was hogwash. you're saying there is actually some validity to that nonsense?

No, not at all. Those blogs make shit up all the time. But for an older person who is not used to the whole blogging world as we know it, he just saw something on a computer screen and assumed it was true and was worried about Chase. Too funny ... lol
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    R6 u are worth every penny.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Solat13 wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

No, not at all. Those blogs make shit up all the time. But for an older person who is not used to the whole blogging world as we know it, he just saw something on a computer screen and assumed it was true and was worried about Chase. Too funny ... lol

Hahahahahhaha, to know in some way I would've been involved in all that nonsense by what I posted on here. :lol::lol:

Now that's funny.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    4 or 5 games over.500 and people are flying high. Must be nice
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Yes, Ryan Howard is nowvworth $125 mil because of a walk off hole run. Ha
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    4 or 5 games over.500 and people are flying high. Must be nice

Your Yankee douchness is not welcomed here. You are, but not your uppity Yankee doucheness.
This discussion has been closed.