***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Damn...i didn't see the play

That was an a-hole move by Werth..the best is Wheels :lol:

The kid was like "Oh Crap!" look on his face

more like a-hole move by the fan. werth clearly woulda had that.

agreed. get out of the way

Like I said, I can understand why Werth is pissed - extra innings, 2 outs, etc. But since the play didn't end up hurting anything, he could have at least went up to the guy and his son on his way in and just said "Hey, no hard feelings." His son looked like he just saw a ghost, and the dad looked dejected. Just say it's all good. Just between his poor play lately, impending free agency, this, and allegedly poking Jen Utley, he ain't looking too good.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited July 2010
    Jearlpam0925 wrote:
    Like I said, I can understand why Werth is pissed - extra innings, 2 outs, etc. But since the play didn't end up hurting anything, he could have at least went up to the guy and his son on his way in and just said "Hey, no hard feelings." His son looked like he just saw a ghost, and the dad looked dejected. Just say it's all good. Just between his poor play lately, impending free agency, this, and allegedly poking Jen Utley, he ain't looking too good.

Yeah I mean come on

Don't take a seasons "werth" of frustration out on a guy trying to catch a foul ball for his kid

Give the dude a bat or something after the game

Edit: How do these stupid rumors start everytime a team starts to play bad someone slept with someones wife? Its kinda ridiculous..just the Flyers with Hartnell's wife and Carter..Lindros and Brind'Amour's wife...
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Jearlpam0925 wrote:

Yeah I mean come on

Don't take a seasons "werth" of frustration out on a guy trying to catch a foul ball for his kid

Give the dude a bat or something after the game

I like what ya did there. Cleaver. I mean, clever.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

more like a-hole move by the fan. werth clearly woulda had that.

How is the fan who's the a-hole when the ball was hit right to him ?

I would have done the same thing probably as I watched the ball coming at me

Werth didn't have to react that way..it be different if the guy reached over the railing and onto the field of play but come on..he's dropping F bombs[/quote] the same reason why steve bartman is/was a a-hole

it's one thing to go for a ball if it's an opposing player but don't go for one when a home player has a run on it. werth clearly had that locked in and woulda caught it. besides it's a foul ball that you can buy at any sporting goods store.

btw-is jen utley hot
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Champ wrote:
    You know what, fuck the Phills and the Yanks...Let's go Mets!!! Yes, apparently the Met thread is dead..huge series this weekend against the Braves..Metsy, you going to any? Anyway, fuck the Yanks and Phillies, but gun to my head, I'd root for the Yanks over the Phillies every time..

of course you would... its the only way to deal with the situation
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    metsfan wrote:
    btw-is jen utley hot

Touched by an angel. Unless she did what's going around. Then she's a whore, and me and Chase will be disappointed.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:
    You know what, fuck the Phills and the Yanks...Let's go Mets!!! Yes, apparently the Met thread is dead..huge series this weekend against the Braves..Metsy, you going to any? Anyway, fuck the Yanks and Phillies, but gun to my head, I'd root for the Yanks over the Phillies every time..

I mean, the Yanks have like a billion fucking championships so what the fuck does another one matter...but the Phillies just have that one lucky/fluke one to hang on to ;) ....yes, this absurd rationalization helps me sleep at night..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    Jearlpam0925 wrote:

Yeah I mean come on

THAT'S A PLAY ON WORDS
    www.myspace.com
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

I mean, the Yanks have like a billion fucking championships so what the fuck does another one matter...but the Phillies just have that one lucky/fluke one to hang on to ;) ....yes, this absurd rationalization helps me sleep at night..

Two, buddy. Two. Going undefeated at home in the playoffs is flukey? Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
    HEY. I'm all for derailing threads, but come on....I know where you both stand. And that is as frauds. :mrgreen:

Now, it's 1:45, and it's breakfast time. I say good day to yous, sirs.

it is funny to watch two frauds argue about which one is more fraudulent though.

that is entertainment. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    HEY. I'm all for derailing threads, but come on....I know where you both stand. And that is as frauds. :mrgreen:

it is funny to watch two frauds argue about which one is more fraudulent though.

the yankees are entertainment..tune in
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Two, buddy. Two. Going undefeated at home in the playoffs is flukey? Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

I meant in recent years and it's good to be back ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'

I have no reason to, unless we would be playing you guys in October. Or filling half your stadium in red.
    The Champ wrote:

So I guess that means the Mets haven't won any then right? Ahhhh, I knew I missed something around here.
    The Champ wrote:

So I guess that means the Mets haven't won any then right? Ahhhh, I knew I missed something around here.

Not for me that's for sure as I became a fan in 88....22 fucking years of nothing but pain with the Mets and Jets....same old shit eh..yes....I'm off this..see you fuckers later..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Not for me that's for sure as I became a fan in 88....22 fucking years of nothing but pain with the Mets and Jets....same old shit eh..yes....I'm off this..see you fuckers later..

That made me smile.

I have no reason to, unless we would be playing you guys in October. Or filling half your stadium in red.

half?? easy tiger

however doesn't much matter when your team is about to lose the series in 6...half the stadium was mighty quiet ;)
    half?? easy tiger

however doesn't much matter when your team is about to lose the series in 6...half the stadium was mighty quiet ;)

Was there this year and last year during the season. Easily half. And you're right, your stadium was mighty quiet for winning a championship. Was thinking it'd be a little more jubilant. I guess that's what happens when your stadium is full of celebs who aren't from NYC, and the rest are execs that can't get the poles out of their asses. It was like a coffeehouse poetry night applause.
    half?? easy tiger

Was there this year and last year during the season. Easily half. And you're right, your stadium was mighty quiet for winning a championship. Was thinking it'd be a little more jubilant. I guess that's what happens when your stadium is full of celebs who aren't from NYC, and the rest are execs that can't get the poles out of their asses. It was like a coffeehouse poetry night applause.

2727272727272727 :mrgreen: we take it all in stride

i know i dove across my living room but i can't speak for anyone else :mrgreen:
    half?? easy tiger

You mean you weren't there? Oh, booooooo.

nah only game 1 then i was off to philly :mrgreen:

im 0-4 in ws games :lol:

i'll just stay home and let them win

hope you didn't buy those lee and werth jerseys yet :lol::lol::lol:

hopefully the rangers and m's are able to pull the trigger on this
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I'm 4-1 in WS games (5-1 if you count both parts of game 5). Only missed the Halloween game last year (had a suite at the spectrum so I could watch the game). My only loss was game 4 last year. I'm still trying to figure out how johnny damon stole 2 bases on one pitch (not so coincidentally that loss was the only game I attended with my wife...I guess the baseball gods gave me what I deserved). fucker
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm 4-1 in WS games (5-1 if you count both parts of game 5). Only missed the Halloween game last year (had a suite at the spectrum so I could watch the game). My only loss was game 4 last year. I'm still trying to figure out how johnny damon stole 2 bases on one pitch (not so coincidentally that loss was the only game I attended with my wife...I guess the baseball gods gave me what I deserved). fucker

Aside of the '07 series, I'm undefeated. I'm 6-1.
    The Fixer wrote:

oh man total playoff record? I'm 11-3. in 2008 I went to every home game but game 2 of the NLDS. 1-2 with the wife. that's why chicks shouldn't be allowed to go to playoff games (well, it's one of many reasons)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

oh man total playoff record? I'm 11-3. in 2008 I went to every home game but game 2 of the NLDS. 1-2 with the wife. that's why chicks shouldn't be allowed to go to playoff games (well, it's one of many reasons)

What package do you have? I thought you need the full plan to get tickets to every game? Also, with all these bandwagons jumping on this year, I may - just may - not get a definite ticket to each series. That's if these homos don't fuck it up first.
    The Fixer wrote:

What package do you have? I thought you need the full plan to get tickets to every game? Also, with all these bandwagons jumping on this year, I may - just may - not get a definite ticket to each series. That's if these homos don't fuck it up first.

I forget what letter plan I have. I have a game on my plan tomorrow. This year I got a plan with the wife and a plan with my buddies. We did this mainly so we would have more playoff tickets, which could end up backfiring on us

In 2008 and 2009 I got most of my tix on stubhub. cost me a fortune, but I didn't care. The job I had at the time more than made up for it. I was betting like crazy on the phils too, so my bookie helped fund my tickets. Gambling on sports is the fucking best
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I forget what letter plan I have. I have a game on my plan tomorrow. This year I got a plan with the wife and a plan with my buddies. We did this mainly so we would have more playoff tickets, which could end up backfiring on us

In 2008 and 2009 I got most of my tix on stubhub. cost me a fortune, but I didn't care. The job I had at the time more than made up for it. I was betting like crazy on the phils too, so my bookie helped fund my tickets. Gambling on sports is the fucking best

Got ya. Yeah, they're telling me I'm guaranteed tickets to two of the potential 3 series. And that's gay.

Got ya. Yeah, they're telling me I'm guaranteed tickets to two of the potential 3 series. And that's gay.

yeah, that's the power of the bandwagon. In 2007 and 2008 we were guaranteed a game in each series, and we got a game 7 in the NLCS. Last year we were only guaranteed one game in each series.

I have a contact in the phils ticket office, so I might be able to help out peeps in need. Last year the dude got me a few SRO tix for the home WS games. I already had tix, so I sold them for a nice profit

we probably sound pretty dumb discussing playoff tix right now
    ALSO, David Murphy is reporting that he's hearing that the Phils wanna go after a starter and a reliever, and talks of getting an infielder is quickly dissipating. He's also hearing there's a good chance Dom Brown to be called up in August just for the necessity of a bat.
This discussion has been closed.