***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    River Ave Blues, probably the best Yankee blog out there wrote up a crazy idea today. It really makes no sense but was a thought. The guy who wrote it writes for FanGraphs and MLBTR so he knows what he is talking about.

Werth for Javy.

Solves the Amaro "want" of a 2 or 3 starter and the Yanks "kind of need" of another bat. It makes absolutly no sense for the Yankees though since they need their starting pitching depth, especially with the Hughes innings limit and have no need for another corner outfielder. Both project to be Type A FA's. This would never happen but was a fun read.

http://riveraveblues.com/2010/07/todays ... rth-31502/

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    River Ave Blues, probably the best Yankee blog out there wrote up a crazy idea today. It really makes no sense but was a thought. The guy who wrote it writes for FanGraphs and MLBTR so he knows what he is talking about.

Werth for Javy.

Solves the Amaro "want" of a 2 or 3 starter and the Yanks "kind of need" of another bat. It makes absolutly no sense for the Yankees though since they need their starting pitching depth, especially with the Hughes innings limit and have no need for another corner outfielder. Both project to be Type A FA's. This would never happen but was a fun read.

http://riveraveblues.com/2010/07/todays ... rth-31502/

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat

Amaro would as well. Cashman on the other hand, no shot. Yanks need Javy much more than they need Werth. It was a good thought though. I like that kind of creative thinking.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    ....And let's hope that these rumors of The Beard giving Jen Utley the business is false. Cause that would definitely not be good for business, and of course change my thinking of Jen Utley from 'absolutely gorgeous innocent lady' to 'whore'. Of course it opens up the chance of me and Chase hanging out together while I pick up his scraps. 8-)
    ....And let's hope that these rumors of The Beard giving Jen Utley the business is false. Cause that would definitely not be good for business, and of course change my thinking of Jen Utley from 'absolutely gorgeous innocent lady' to 'whore'. Of course it opens up the chance of me and Chase hanging out together while I pick up his scraps. 8-)

I want utley to impregnate my wife. so if you hang with him let me know so I can send her your way

Complete nonsense. A co-worker sent me that shit today. What is it with rumors about Philly ahtletes fucking each others wives/girlfriends? Flyers, Phillies, Nova....all within the last year
    The Fixer wrote:

I want utley to impregnate my wife. so if you hang with him, let me know so I can send her your way

Grab a number, buddy.

Anyway, here it is - http://www.phightinphils.com/2010/07/ja ... ir.html#tp
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Complete nonsense. A co-worker sent me that shit today. What is it with rumors about Philly ahtletes fucking each others wives/girlfriends? Flyers, Phillies, Nova....all within the last year

I'm just assuming they're like doobies to be passed around.

Met Chase and his wife while they were walking their dog through Rittenhouse Square. She's even better looking than Chase and the dog combined.
    The Fixer wrote:

I want utley to impregnate my wife. so if you hang with him, let me know so I can send her your way

Grab a number, buddy.

don't mean to sound like a homo, but I can't believe werth gets girls. he's just an ugly dude. his mom, on the other hand, defines MILF
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Grab a number, buddy.

don't mean to sound like a homo, but I can't believe werth gets girls. he's just an ugly dude. his mom, on the other hand, defines MILF

Yeah, no homo, but I don't get the attraction broads all of a sudden are having for him(other than money). And, yes, his mom is fucking gorgeous. Now that'd be funny - Chase walks up to Jayson, "Say 'Hi' to your mom for me..." Ahhh man, now that's funny.
    And on a totally unrelated note, check out this pic. Fucking craziness...

x2_1e111d3.jpg
    And on a totally unrelated note, check out this pic. Fucking craziness...

x2_1e111d3.jpg

Holy fuck! What a fucking shame
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, man. Absolutely terrible. I still haven't heard as to how he got in that situation. Barges move.......slow. Even with a tug pushing it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, man. Absolutely terrible. I still haven't heard as to how he got in that situation. Barges move.......slow. Even with a tug pushing it.

I hear you, I don't get it at all. The duck boat is very low in the water and small so I get that it may be tough to see but for fucks sake, know your surroundings. I mean there could have been 100 different style boats that could have been in that same situation. Such an unnecessary situation.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    Why did Charlie yank Kyle? He was pitching pretty well, only had 70 odd pitches.

Ok so not looking too well so far this year and Atlanta seems to be a better team, but I still think they can win the wildcard.

On a side note. RIP Robert "Maje" McDonnell (Whiz kids coach) :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    What happened with Werth?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about a play in extra innings. foul ball down the line and some turd fan reached up and caught the ball. he had his kid next to him and werth yelled at him for not getting out of the way (werth would have made the catch).

not really a big deal...if I were werth I'd have yelled at the guy too
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about a play in extra innings. foul ball down the line and some turd fan reached up and caught the ball. he had his kid next to him and werth yelled at him for not getting out of the way (werth would have made the catch).

Yeah, thats it. Got a text about it had no clue what it was about and couldn't find anything on it. Eh, athletes are human but can't be yelling at fans.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, thats it. Got a text about it had no clue what it was about and couldn't find anything on it. Eh, athletes are human but can't be yelling at fans.

If the guy's kid wasn't there no one would be discussing it. that part did kinda suck. the kid looked like he saw a ghost.

That play was the most emotion this team has shown all year
    The Fixer wrote:

If the guy's kid wasn't there no one would be discussing it. that part did kinda suck. the kid looked like he saw a ghost.

Hopefully the Phillies will do something nice for the kid.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Saw the video, no big deal. The Phillies should still do something nice for the kid. HIs dad felt like shit.

And yes, I quoted myself.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Saw the video, no big deal. The Phillies should still do something nice for the kid. HIs dad felt like shit.

And yes, I quoted myself.

If you were watching MLBN they it made it a ton worse because they contrasted it with the exact same thing happening tonight in Seattle with Ichiro. Ichiro reached out over this girl, missed the catch, then acted respectful and apologized to the girl. Then, the girl freaked out in a cute way mouthing, "Oh my God! He touched me!" Just freaking out, thennnn M's people came down to her and gave her a bunch of free shit. Really made Werth look like a bigger douche. Since the play ended up not costing them anything, the least he could've done was run up to the dude on his way in and just say, "hey, man, no hard feelings."

EDIT: Oh, and as it stands right now, this team is F-U-C-K-E-D.

EDIT EDIT PS PPS: Hot Tub Time Machine was a fucking funny movie.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Werth was a dick on that play - the guy didn't lean over the railing to get the ball, it was right by his seat and the guy barely moved to try and catch it. if i was that guy i would have yelled right back at Werth. Maybe something about being the f awake on the basepaths.

this is a bad bad baseball team right now - man they make so many dumbass mistakes.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Werth was a dick on that play - the guy didn't lean over the railing to get the ball, it was right by his seat and the guy barely moved to try and catch it. if i was that guy i would have yelled right back at Werth. Maybe something about being the f awake on the basepaths.

this is a bad bad baseball team right now - man they make so many dumbass mistakes.

dude should have moved out of the way...or at least put his arms down so werth could catch the ball. I think werth was justified for yelling at him.

they should fire manuel. then trade amaro
    Ohhhhhh boy.

How about that Werth for Javy trade? If this shit goes down.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ohhhhhh boy.

Would be ideal as a phils fan. Lee goes to the AL and phils upgrade their team with vazquez. I still don't think the yanks are getting lee though.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ohhhhhh boy.

Would be ideal as a phils fan. Lee goes to the AL and phils upgrade their team with vazquez. I still don't think the yanks are getting lee though.

I don't know. Sounds like the Yanks are pretty set on this and unless someone jumps in it is close.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ohhhhhh boy.

I don't know. Sounds like the Yanks are pretty set on this and unless someone jumps in it is close.

Earlier this week MLB Network reported a lee to minnesota trade was completed. I still think he goes to the twins. All of this Lee to Yanks stuff is coming from the Post...so I'm skeptical to say the least
    The Fixer wrote:

Earlier this week MLB Network reported a lee to minnesota trade was completed. I still think he goes to the twins. All of this Lee to Yanks stuff is coming from the Post...so I'm skeptical to say the least

True. Yeah, it is coming from Sherman. And Heyman is just saying its a "quite possible" but if the Yankees are agreeing to trade Montero and two others including Adams, I think it will get done.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

espn 1050 this am as well
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

espn 1050 this am as well

espn is just a means for sherman's story to gain traction. Olney has reported that no deal has been made.

I don't see the yanks making this move...cashman is better than that
This discussion has been closed.