***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I want absoutely ZERO to do with Vazquez. He'd be a horrible fit here imo. I'd rather let werth finish out the year then trade him for an overpaid under achieving pitcher. Why anyone would think he'd be a good fit here is beyond me. Might as well use the money next year or use it to resigning are players. Making a bad trade dosent make sense,seems like people like making trades just to make one.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    someone here said he heard swisher would be thrown into the werth/vasquez deal if it ever happens. is that even remotely possible? not sure where he heard it...

forget it swish isn't going anywhere

besides he a douche who wears ed hardy :lol:

Only way I want fucking Nick Swisher is if the Yanks take Ibanez. Swisher blows
    I want absoutely ZERO to do with Vazquez. He'd be a horrible fit here imo. I'd rather let werth finish out the year then trade him for an overpaid under achieving pitcher. Why anyone would think he'd be a good fit here is beyond me. Might as well use the money next year or use it to resigning are players. Making a bad trade dosent make sense,seems like people like making trades just to make one.

Look at his numbers last year when he pitched in the NL East
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    someone here said he heard swisher would be thrown into the werth/vasquez deal if it ever happens. is that even remotely possible? not sure where he heard it...

forget it swish isn't going anywhere

besides he a douche who wears ed hardy :lol:

If Swisher becomes a Phillie, I will proceed with shooting myself.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    The Fixer wrote:

most of those numbers are in the AL. experts say a shift from the AL to the NL shaves .5 - 1 run off of a pitchers ERA.

which would you rather have in a playoff series...

option A
    Halladay, Hamels, Blanton?, Moyer??

option B
    Halladay, Vazquez, Hamels, Blanton?

EDIT: vazquez was OK in the NL east last year

It's a moot point because apparently the trade is off, but both options are bad.

I'd rather take option A though because option B would leave you with with a lineup so lefty heavy that you would not have a shot against a rotation with CC, Lee and Pettitte in it.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

most of those numbers are in the AL. experts say a shift from the AL to the NL shaves .5 - 1 run off of a pitchers ERA.

which would you rather have in a playoff series...

option A
    Halladay, Hamels, Blanton?, Moyer??

option B
    Halladay, Vazquez, Hamels, Blanton?

EDIT: vazquez was OK in the NL east last year

It's a moot point because apparently the trade is off, but both options are bad.

I'd rather take option A though because option B would leave you with with a lineup so lefty heavy that you would not have a shot against a rotation with CC, Lee and Pettitte in it.

doesn't look like we're gonna agree. trade isn't happening, so like you said it's a moot point.

I will say that the phils have much bigger issues if amaro is taking AL teams into account when he's making trades. Also, polanco returning (dropping victorino in the lineup) and francisco platooning with ibanez would break up the lefties. but I digress
    Ha! Here's what I was talking about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,254874
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

Look at his numbers last year when he pitched in the NL East
    That was last year,and atl is a much more pitcher friendly place then the bank. We might as well keep the cash and sign a good younger pitcher instead of an older declining one.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    The Fixer wrote:

doesn't look like we're gonna agree. trade isn't happening, so like you said it's a moot point.

I will say that the phils have much bigger issues if amaro is taking AL teams into account when he's making trades. Also, polanco returning (dropping victorino in the lineup) and francisco platooning with ibanez would break up the lefties. but I digress

Yep let's agree to disagree. But according to the latest Elias rankings (they determine who is a type A, B or nothing free agent for compensation), Werth is a solid type A meaning you get two picks and Vazquez is hanging on to type A status but could easily fall to type B (only a sandwich pick) with a poor second half, and because it's unlikely the Phils would resign either given all the money they have allocated already for next year and their set budget you wouldn't want to get back less than you give up.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    edited July 2010
    Solat13 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yep let's agree to disagree. But according to the latest Elias rankings (they determine who is a type A, B or nothing free agent for compensation), Werth is a solid type A meaning you get two picks and Vazquez is hanging on to type A status but could easily fall to type B (only a sandwich pick) with a poor second half, and because it's unlikely the Phils would resign either given all the money they have allocated already for next year and their set budget you wouldn't want to get back less than you give up.

yeah I get all of that. I'd bet vazquez will be a type A. his bad start was an aberration. His performance over the last month is closer to his mean than his april.

also, the phils would have to offer vazquez arbitration in order to get draft picks (werth as well, but I think werth is more likely to decline arb and hit the market than vazquez). that could put them in an unfavorable situation.

oh well, on to the next topic

EDIT: your last sentence makes me think of the Lee trade. phils could have gotten montero for Lee last year but amaro turned it down. then turned around and got 3 turds. ugh
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    we give you bay and you give us werth

:lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Haha. Via mlbtr, the phillies would prefer to move ibanez than werth. No shit.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

on second thought phantom ..you can keep that douche
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    metsfan wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

Any anytime you get a chance to land a career 149-146 pitcher who makes more than Cliff Lee, you defintiely have to jump on it. Especially since the Yanks gave up Melky Cabrera and 2 minor leaguers for him.

:roll:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

why you laughing you root for the phils :roll: :lol:

thats the biggest joke i've ever heard :lol:

maybe i'll root for the red sox in the playoffs
    would you ever root for the islanders in the playoffs if they were playing the devils

i doubt it

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha. Via mlbtr, the phillies would prefer to move ibanez than werth. No shit.

Are you sure that wasn't on the cover of "Duh Weekly"?
    metsfan wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

Any anytime you get a chance to land a career 149-146 pitcher who makes more than Cliff Lee, you defintiely have to jump on it. Especially since the Yanks gave up Melky Cabrera and 2 minor leaguers for him.

why you laughing you root for the phils :roll: :lol:

thats the biggest joke i've ever heard :lol:

maybe i'll root for the red sox in the playoffs
    would you ever root for the islanders in the playoffs if they were playing the devils

i doubt it

no but i would root for the mets over the sox like in 86 when you were in diapers

let me explain this to you

as a yankees fan i have no beef with the mets ...they are not even on the ny radar ...they have no bearing on our season sans 6 games ..we beat you cats in the one series that mattered
    so basically the yankees fans could care less about the mets or their hatred and whatnot

however the roles are reversed when you're a mets fan ...having to hear all the abuse about 2nd class citizens and only 30,000 people show up and constantly getting outdone by the yankees and so on

so we understand why the hatred is there from your standpoint

however you're rooting for a DIVISION RIVAL who you play 20 x per year who directly impacts your hopes for the division title and playoffs who just won something you cats haven't sniffed in 25 years just because you're tired of being 2nd class in ny

it really is a predictament but you have to root against the division rivals over another ny team

and i know you give that young yankees fans line or whatever but the their are millions more older fans such as myself

in closing we DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU GUYS ...SO RUN ALONG AND ROOT FOR THE TEAM THAT BEATS YOU EVERY YEAR ...makes alot of sense :roll: :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    HEY. I'm all for derailing threads, but come on....I know where you both stand. And that is as frauds. :mrgreen:

Now, it's 1:45, and it's breakfast time. I say good day to yous, sirs.
    HEY. I'm all for derailing threads, but come on....I know where you both stand. And that is as frauds. :mrgreen:

GO COWBOYS

:P

:mrgreen:

i have 1 more hour to kill then i will leave you alone :lol:

im going to smoke brb
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    You know what, fuck the Phills and the Yanks...Let's go Mets!!! Yes, apparently the Met thread is dead..huge series this weekend against the Braves..Metsy, you going to any? Anyway, fuck the Yanks and Phillies, but gun to my head, I'd root for the Yanks over the Phillies every time..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    You know what, fuck the Phills and the Yanks...Let's go Mets!!! Yes, apparently the Met thread is dead..huge series this weekend against the Braves..Metsy, you going to any? Anyway, fuck the Yanks and Phillies, but gun to my head, I'd root for the Yanks over the Phillies every time..

Now here's someone who gets division rivals. Whom I also thought was dead...
    The Champ wrote:

this is the guy I want the phils to get. the mets getting him would be AIDS

Ted Lilly, also in the last year of his deal, does have value, and he is shaping up to be a primary consolation prize for one of the losers of the Cliff Lee sweepstakes. Presumably, the market on him will heat up after Lee is dealt, and you'd have to figure that there's a good chance the veteran lefty lands with the Mets or some other contender.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Damn...i didn't see the play

That was an a-hole move by Werth..the best is Wheels :lol:

The kid was like "Oh Crap!" look on his face
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Champ wrote:
    nope i'm not

if i was to go to game it be sunday

are you going to any

The Champ wrote:

I'm a teacher, so I'm off for the summer and can resume fucking with you guys ;)..anything change in the pit, or is it the same old shit -/+ a few characters?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'

more like a-hole move by the fan. werth clearly woulda had that.

metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    nope i'm not

if i was to go to game it be sunday

are you going to any

Going away this weekend, but will definitely hit up many games after the all-star break...so is Frenchy going to lose some playing time upon Beltran's return?..Pagan is playing too well to be taken out I think..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

I'm a teacher, so I'm off for the summer and can resume fucking with you guys ;)..anything change in the pit, or is it the same old shit -/+ a few characters?

Nice. Meh, same old shit - "You suck." "No, you suck." "You suck more." Yada yada. But it's still fun.
    metsfan wrote:

agreed. get out of the way
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    metsfan wrote:

How is the fan who's the a-hole when the ball was hit right to him ?

I would have done the same thing probably as I watched the ball coming at me

Werth didn't have to react that way..it be different if the guy reached over the railing and onto the field of play but come on..he's dropping F bombs
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.