why do men have to be so feckin obvious?

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    iluvcats wrote:
    ok fancharoo, I did the city to city driving directions and you will be about 180 miles from me, so I don't think I'll invite you over for Sunday's roast beef and mashed potatoes with gravy.
    Wait a second....you are having roast beef and mashed potatoes??? What time.
    My grandma used to make that sometimes...:)
    lol...fancheroo.....
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Wait a second....you are having roast beef and mashed potatoes??? What time.
    My grandma used to make that sometimes...:)
    lol...fancheroo.....

sometimes (rarely) I fix that for my husband. the other day, I put some cheap round steak, onions and gravy mix in the crock pot and cooked it all day, it was pretty good actually. my husband loves it when I buy a chuck roast (very fattening) and put it in the oven with Lipton onion soup and mushroom soup on it) but he's gained weight, so I'm not cooking it til he works out ;)
    but fanch hasn't moved yet, he seems to thinks he's moving near me and he's not going to be that close; so my point was I won't be inviting him for Sunday dinner. I know he'll cry, but he will get over it!
    (yep Fancharoo!)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    helen (back to the original topic)

when I was single (1991) I went down the hall at work to get coffee (different job/building than my last story) and when I walked away, this cute, younger guy was hanging out of his office watching me walk away when I turned around. For some reason, I did not get mad at all! he's my husband now. ;)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    iluvcats wrote:
    helen (back to the original topic)

when I was single (1991) I went down the hall at work to get coffee (different job/building than my last story) and when I walked away, this cute, younger guy was hanging out of his office watching me walk away when I turned around. For some reason, I did not get mad at all! he's my husband now. ;)

you know, for someone who claims to be prudish and offended and uncomfortable about men checking you out, you make a lot of posts about how often it happens...
  • I'm sayin fuck this whole thread! If your'e hot, I'm a lookin! I'm a male. Issue with that? If so, go lesbian. Does a body good.
    Nuff said...
    Close thread!
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    i wouldn't mind so much guys admiring me, if later on they would politely come up to me and start getting to know me. but this exeption i'm making is only for good-looking, young, fit guys ;):)

ugly, old, preverted fat fucks can go and suck themselves :D
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    gue_barium wrote:
    Hahaha!

TrixieCat wrote:
    There was some very funny stuff here last night.
    That was very very funny.

Oh I'm only teasing! :D

I thought I'd help ss out on cultural exchange. We're a pretty smart arsed bunch here. Even the sheilas. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Oh I'm only teasing! :D

I thought I'd help ss out on cultural exchange. We're a pretty smart arsed bunch here. Even the sheilas. :D

It was only a passing comment though. Not a debate! :) Poor Helen.

*Note to self* DON'T start threads when you're bored at work! :D

Oh I know how hels feels. Has happened to me before and it does make you feel really uncomfortable. Not so much if it's just one bloke but a group of them, and the up and down bizo, I hate that. My old boss used to do it, and she was an uptight, snobby kinda woman. She'd look me up and down every morning, take in my outfit, my shoes, the color of my toe nails, and I ALWAYS got the impression she was disapproving. I had such a great day when I first tattooed my foot and she got in the lift with me, said good morning and was just starting her morning scrutiny of me, when she saw the tattoo, I do believe she almost jumped back in shock! :D And her lips pursed up like a cat's arse! Gee I felt good! :)

I guess the only thing is that eventually men find you invisible. My Mum was the first person that mentioned it to me. I had no idea. But she reckoned that you get to a certain age and men just do not look at you anymore, like you're not even there. I thought she was being silly because my Mum is an attractive woman. But I asked around and HEAPS of older ladies said it happens to them too. Really attractive, bright, funny, older ladies. It's like they're just not there. It's sad.
    So yeah, I hate when men oggle, especially in groups, it is rude, but being invisible is pretty darn rude too.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Oh I know how hels feels. Has happened to me before and it does make you feel really uncomfortable. Not so much if it's just one bloke but a group of them, and the up and down bizo, I hate that. My old boss used to do it, and she was an uptight, snobby kinda woman. She'd look me up and down every morning, take in my outfit, my shoes, the color of my toe nails, and I ALWAYS got the impression she was disapproving. I had such a great day when I first tattooed my foot and she got in the lift with me, said good morning and was just starting her morning scrutiny of me, when she saw the tattoo, I do believe she almost jumped back in shock! :D And her lips pursed up like a cat's arse! Gee I felt good! :)

I guess the only thing is that eventually men find you invisible. My Mum was the first person that mentioned it to me. I had no idea. But she reckoned that you get to a certain age and men just do not look at you anymore, like you're not even there. I thought she was being silly because my Mum is an attractive woman. But I asked around and HEAPS of older ladies said it happens to them too. Really attractive, bright, funny, older ladies. It's like they're just not there. It's sad.
    So yeah, I hate when men oggle, especially in groups, it is rude, but being invisible is pretty darn rude too.

So there you go.

The woman has spoken.

We dust our hands off and move on... :D;)
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756

It's all good. I've learned alot here. lol
    Don't worry. Helen will have a blast reading through all of this and it will keep her amused at work, hopefully.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Hey youre a babe....

I'm a woman and I cant keep my eyes off of ya. ;) But I only do it in a respectful way of course ( my peripheral vision naturally).

* beats up those guys *
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    why is it that women complain when men don't pay attention to them and then complain when they get "stared" at by those same men? I would say that its better to be noticed than seem invisible. Women who want to be invisible know what it takes to accomplish this as do women who want attention.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
    stylo17 wrote:
    why is it that women complain when men don't pay attention to them and then complain when they get "stared" at by those same men? I would say that its better to be noticed than seem invisible. Women who want to be invisible know what it takes to accomplish this as do women who want attention.

I don't mind getting stared at sometimes, but it would depend on the circumstances. Sometimes it just makes you really uncomfortable and it doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. Anytime that another person or group of people surveys you like you're a cheap piece of ass simply there for their gratification, or scrutinizes what you're wearing negatively is never fun.
    People can sense when they're being objectified. It's not nice. And if it happens and I don't like it I don't see any reason not to say so. Otherwise how will the person doing it know that it's unwanted attention? As for being invisible, as far as I can see, there are plenty of really wonderful, funny women that reach a certain age that aren't interested in tarting it up in order to be looked at or appeal. Perhaps they would just prefer that people saw them for WHO they are and for what they say and do?
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • stylo17 wrote:
    because women (all of us ofcourse :rolleyes: ) forget that leering is the same attention we are constantly craving. sometimes we forget....

(why does I even bothder ?)
    Serious question. Do most of you ever get away from your pcs and interact much, with people of the opposite sex? It's a complex world of relationships and social interaction out there. The semiotics are very hard to limit down to stereotypes of behaviour. You wouldn't think so, reading some of the bollocks on here. Just a thought.

Woman= multifaceted
    Men = multifaceted

*a concept to play with*

Helen, I feel bad for you.....its a horrible feeling. One you cant "always" laugh at. Youre only human. :)
    Rarghstarfarian.
    Jeanie wrote:

exactly. y'all should stop complaining and enjoy it while you can. cos before long none of us will be giving ya a second glance.
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I don't mind getting stared at sometimes, but it would depend on the circumstances. Sometimes it just makes you really uncomfortable and it doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. Anytime that another person or group of people surveys you like you're a cheap piece of ass simply there for their gratification, or scrutinizes what you're wearing negatively is never fun.
    People can sense when they're being objectified. It's not nice. And if it happens and I don't like it I don't see any reason not to say so. Otherwise how will the person doing it know that it's unwanted attention? As for being invisible, as far as I can see, there are plenty of really wonderful, funny women that reach a certain age that aren't interested in tarting it up in order to be looked at or appeal. Perhaps they would just prefer that people saw them for WHO they are and for what they say and do?
    Very true.

I have plenty of good-looking guy friends who feel uncomfortable with being leered at. its creepy.....for those of you dont get it, its not really a "glamourous" notion. ;) edit: not always.

stylo17- yup, there might be "some" gals who are strange like that. theres a bad type of "notice" too....everyone spare your eyes to the "temptress-ambiguity." :p
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Ok, here we go then. Someone may have said this already, I haven't read through,..but, and it's a big but, this thread started off with a female oserving the actions of a handful of men, and instantly...tarnished the lot of us. How about I say,.."why do women have to be so feckin crafty and let you buy them a drink, and then piss off,....without even getting you one back..." It's a silly, immature generalisation, based on the actions of individuals..and therefore not worthy of debate by healthy, mature, intelligent adults (good job that rules most of us out then!). We don't all behave like it....so let's cool it.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    exactly. y'all should stop complaining and enjoy it while you can. cos before long none of us will be giving ya a second glance.

hehe! :D I'll stop complaining about men, when you stop complaining about women. And go and fix your hair. You look like shit! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    alright I understand everyone saying that yes there are men that just stare at you like a "cheap piece of ass" but there are men that just look cause of curiosity. They may like your face and just want to see if your body (or anything else) is just as nice as your face. Some don't do it in a demeaning way. There ARE men out there that dont see women as objects.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Jeanie wrote:
    hehe! :D I'll stop complaining about men, when you stop complaining about women. And go and fix your hair. You look like shit!
    edit: :S That came out soooo wrong.....as if I am not sensitive as it is!!!! :p

edit: I remember Cosmo saying something similar about this topic once...like enjoy it while it lasts. So dont expect that from a 60-something year old. :p Because yeah, thats all women rely on....*always a good place to come to for a laugh* :D But he's still cool.
    Rarghstarfarian.
    Jeanie wrote:
    hehe! :D I'll stop complaining about men, when you stop complaining about women. And go and fix your hair. You look like shit! :p

i complain about everyone. but to play along, the crucial difference is my complaints are consistent. even when the women here complain about men, it reveals how utterly irrational you all are... wanting two contradictory things and wanting them both now. "i want them to stop staring at me, but i don't want them to not want to stare at me." jesus, make a decision and live with it.
    Jeanie wrote:

are you watching soulsinging through a webcam? how do you know how he looks? :) I don't think I've seen his pic before.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    its always the ugly guys that get all bitter about these issues no? ;). Just so apparent...the insecurity turned to sheer madness. *sigh*

sad. :(

not bitter, just annoyed and exasperated. i've given up trying to understand your nonsense.
    edit: I remember Cosmo saying something similar about this topic once...like enjoy it while it lasts. So dont expect that from a 60-something year old. :p Because yeah, thats all women rely on....*always a good place to come to for a laugh* :D

speaking of nonsense, is this a sentence? is there a coherent thought here? don't expect what from a 60 year old? don't you mean don't expect it when you are a 60 year old? what is all women rely on?
    iluvcats wrote:
    are you watching soulsinging through a webcam? how do you know how he looks? :) I don't think I've seen his pic before.

no, she's not. she keeps asking, but as i keep telling her, i only strip for money. the girls can't resist a bad boy i guess :rolleyes:
    Very true.

I have plenty of good-looking guy friends who feel uncomfortable with being leered at. its creepy.....for those of you dont get it, its not really a "glamourous" notion. ;) edit: not always.

stylo17- yup, there might be "some" gals who are strange like that. theres a bad type of "notice" too....everyone spare your eyes to the "temptress-ambiguity." :p

When I was at uni a couple of years back, there were a couple of REALLY GORGEOUS young guys. One in particular, was just gorgeous AND a really nice bloke. Well I thought so anyway. I'm not normally one for oggling anyone, but I had a real hard time with him. In the end I figured the best thing to do was make friends with him, which I did, and then I could just talk to him and look at him anytime I liked. :D BUT I did make sure that I told him that I found him attractive and a really nice guy and that I had ABSOLUTELY no plans to do anything other than be friends. It worked really well. He appreciated my candour and by telling him what I thought I managed to diffuse the situation for myself and "neutralize" my attraction. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    no, she's not. she keeps asking, but as i keep telling her, i only strip for money. the girls can't resist a bad boy i guess :rolleyes:

how about a fully clothed pic?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    how about a fully clothed pic?

you want one? or you want to know if she's seen one? i used to have some up here, but i think they're gone now. every time people see pictures of me they say they have a hard time believing i'm the caustic guy they've read here. they say i look too laid back and happy.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ok, here we go then. Someone may have said this already, I haven't read through,..but, and it's a big but, this thread started off with a female oserving the actions of a handful of men, and instantly...tarnished the lot of us. How about I say,.."why do women have to be so feckin crafty and let you buy them a drink, and then piss off,....without even getting you one back..." It's a silly, immature generalisation, based on the actions of individuals..and therefore not worthy of debate by healthy, mature, intelligent adults (good job that rules most of us out then!). We don't all behave like it....so let's cool it.

Serious, I got no idea what you're on about love. But it sounds good! :)

I read the first post and first page and got distracted so I skipped to the bit where SS scared the bejeesus out of me and I started organizing my airfare and accommodation for New Zealand! ;):D

I got the impression from her first post that Hels was upset, mad and offended and simply wanting to vent her frustration because this incident had just happened. I'm quite sure she didn't mean everyone. It's pretty hard when you're upset and venting to choose your words carefully. :) Well that's my experience anyway. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Jeanie wrote:
    When I was at uni a couple of years back, there were a couple of REALLY GORGEOUS young guys. One in particular, was just gorgeous AND a really nice bloke. Well I thought so anyway. I'm not normally one for oggling anyone, but I had a real hard time with him. In the end I figured the best thing to do was make friends with him, which I did, and then I could just talk to him and look at him anytime I liked. :D BUT I did make sure that I told him that I found him attractive and a really nice guy and that I had ABSOLUTELY no plans to do anything other than be friends. It worked really well. He appreciated my candour and by telling him what I thought I managed to diffuse the situation for myself and "neutralize" my attraction. :)
    Pah! You're smart, and you're in control...you make me sick!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....