why do men have to be so feckin obvious?

Comments

• TrixieCat wrote:
    And being passive aggresive.
    If you have something to say, then please pm me.
    You "observed" something and then passive aggressively alluded to it.
    likewise, if you wanna call someone an obstinate cow and then tell others to pm you to find out who you're talking about, why don't you have the balls to tell the person you're bitching about! :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    See, the thing is, feminism implies "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" or that there should be or is a "battle of the sexes". I see it all the time on this board "men this" "men that". They are feminist stereotypes, some might pack a bit of truth, but it's hypocritical in so many ways. True equality does not come from blacks rising against whites, or women rising against men, it comes from all of us standing together.
    urgh, seriously, who's a feminist? Are we not all just our own people? Men and women, it's up for us all individually to demand respect.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    women are obvious... watch how obvious this is.

Helen will go through this thread after her weekend off and reply to every comment.

now thats obvious

:D;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Hey youre a babe....

I'm a woman and I cant keep my eyes off of ya. ;) But I only do it in a respectful way of course ( my peripheral vision naturally).

* beats up those guys *
    :D thank you rargh!

no stares this morning yet :D guess my clothes are too baggy today :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    dunkman wrote:
    women are obvious... watch how obvious this is.

Helen will go through this thread after her weekend off and reply to every comment.

now thats obvious

:D;)

Well if she goes outside she's probably gonna get ogled by a bunch of blokes again and then we'll be right back at the beginning. :p So I say she may as well stay in and read through the thread. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Ok, here we go then. Someone may have said this already, I haven't read through,..but, and it's a big but, this thread started off with a female oserving the actions of a handful of men, and instantly...tarnished the lot of us. How about I say,.."why do women have to be so feckin crafty and let you buy them a drink, and then piss off,....without even getting you one back..." It's a silly, immature generalisation, based on the actions of individuals..and therefore not worthy of debate by healthy, mature, intelligent adults (good job that rules most of us out then!). We don't all behave like it....so let's cool it.
    I'm well aware of the fact that I generalised and normally at this point I'd apologise... only no man actually denied they do it.

Oh and I don't accept drinks from people I don't want to talk to... if I do accept one, I always insist on getting one back.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I'm well aware of the fact that I generalised and normally at this point I'd apologise... only no man actually denied they do it.

thats bullshit... not one guy has said that when in a group of other guys they stare at a girl to the point where the girl feels uncomfortable and scared... we all admitted that we check women out by glancing looks at her, etc... but then every woman on this thread has admitted to doing the same... so to say that we havent denied we do this is shite.. cos no guy on here has admitted to your original point at all!!!

we've been called potential rapists on this thread and i think it should be locked.. :)

p.s. women look silly when they run... :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Holy fuck you guys are like little pre-schoolers.

Can't you all admit that some guys are creepy weirdos, and some girls are skanky whore bags and be done with this thread.
    :D EXCELLENT post!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkman wrote:
    thats bullshit... not one guy has said that when in a group of other guys they stare at a girl to the point where the girl feels uncomfortable and scared... we all admitted that we check women out by glancing looks at her, etc... but then every woman on this thread has admitted to doing the same... so to say that we havent denied we do this is shite.. cos no guy on here has admitted to your original point at all!!!

we've been called potential rapists on this thread and i think it should be locked.. :)

Look I never said I felt SCARED... I said had it been under other circumstances I woulda... and you know exactly what I mean so stop trying to be controversial :p

All guys have admitted they ogle! How do you know if you turn away in time?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Guys are not obliged to buy women drinks......I hope all men understand that by buying woman a drink they don't buy her, and they certainly don't buy her love with the money.

i think men should stop this kind of generosity, it's not good for both men and women. if i'm talking to a guy, i'm interested in him not the drink.

btw.....that reminds me....on saturday i could've scored :( i started talking to this guy....then he went off to his mates, but said "i'll see you at the bar again, right?" then few of my friends came over and started talking to me....afterwards, i saw this guy standing in front with his back to me. and i thought ok, this seems like a good opportunity to pounce on him and take his number.....but then i've remembered about my friend with whom i came to this place, and thought its best go and see how he's doing.

hehe, shit i've missed a good opportunity. :( that's if i see any kind of opportunity like this again, i will not be stopped by anyone or anything!!!
  • genie wrote:
    Guys are not obliged to buy women drinks......I hope all men understand that by buying woman a drink they don't buy her, and they certainly don't buy her love with the money.

i think men should stop this kind of generosity, it's not good for both men and women. if i'm talking to a guy, i'm interested in him not the drink.

btw.....that reminds me....on saturday i could've scored :( i started talking to this guy....then he went off to his mates, but said "i'll see you at the bar again, right?" then few of my friends came over and started talking to me....afterwards, i saw this guy standing in front with his back to me. and i thought ok, this seems like a good opportunity to pounce on him and take his number.....but then i've remembered about my friend with whom i came to this place, and thought its best go and see how he's doing.

hehe, shit i've missed a good opportunity. :( that's if i see any kind of opportunity like this again, i will not be stopped by anyone or anything!!!

aww Genie, I hate missed opportunities.

well that's why I have my thing with the drinks. If I'm not interested in ya, I WON'T accept your drink... if I do accept it I'll get one back cos I'd hate to feel obligated... also it's the rounds thing here, it's just natural to get a drink back for someone who gets you one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    aww Genie, I hate missed opportunities.

well that's why I have my thing with the drinks. If I'm not interested in ya, I WON'T accept your drink... if I do accept it I'll get one back cos I'd hate to feel obligated... also it's the rounds thing here, it's just natural to get a drink back for someone who gets you one.

yep and that's something i've got to learn to do. i get greedy :o , sometimes i don't mind someone buying me a drink, but i don't want to buy one in return :o
  • genie wrote:
    yep and that's something i've got to learn to do. i get greedy :o , sometimes i don't mind someone buying me a drink, but i don't want to buy one in return :o
    :o REALLY? I couldn't accept a drink without at least trying to buy one in return. It's just not in me :o . And by trying I don't just mean the kinda trying where you sorta don't really want to get one but just feel the need to offer and hope they don't let you get one. I just feel like a cheapskate letting people buy me stuff :o I dunno what's wrong with me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Look I never said I felt SCARED... I said had it been under other circumstances I woulda... and you know exactly what I mean so stop trying to be controversial :p

All guys have admitted they ogle! How do you know if you turn away in time?

your original generalisation at the start was that men stand in groups and make it obvious they are staring at a lone female... Jamie pointed this out to be a generalisation and you said you were aware of that and would normally apologise but as yet no man has denied doing this..

my point is, that not ONE guy on here has admitted to standing in a group of guys and staring at a lone female to make her uncomfy with it.. in fact there were a few of us on this thread condemning such an action...
    REALLY? I couldn't accept a drink without at least trying to buy one in return. It's just not in me . And by trying I don't just mean the kinda trying where you sorta don't really want to get one but just feel the need to offer and hope they don't let you get one. I just feel like a cheapskate letting people buy me stuff I dunno what's wrong with me.

nothing wrong with you, i believe it's me ;)

i'm just a stingy bitch :D i get that from my dad. ;) he taught me all his life, by limiting me in money :mad:
  • genie wrote:
    nothing wrong with you, i believe it's me ;)

i'm just a stingy bitch :D i get that from my dad. ;) he taught me all his life, by limiting me in money :mad:
    :o well we're all different I guess. I know plenty of women who would take the drink and then move along.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkman wrote:
    your original generalisation at the start was that men stand in groups and make it obvious they are staring at a lone female... Jamie pointed this out to be a generalisation and you said you were aware of that and would normally apologise but as yet no man has denied doing this..

my point is, that not ONE guy on here has admitted to standing in a group of guys and staring at a lone female to make her uncomfy with it.. in fact there were a few of us on this thread condemning such an action...
    well in that case I apologise :o

But in condemning such an action, you're still giving me grief for saying that it can be worrying in certain circumstances... do you still think I'm wrong? Do you think if I were walking down a street at night on my own and got ogled by a group of guys and that if it entered my head that something COULD happen that I'M nuts?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    well no offense trix, but id prefer to hear from jamie what is going on in jamie's head and what it was he meant by what he posted. and no one mentioned scorekeeping.
    I was referring to this:
    "why do women have to be so feckin crafty and let you buy them a drink, and then piss off,....without even getting you one back..." <- keeping tabs on who returns the favor. Keeping score.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812

Oh and I don't accept drinks from people I don't want to talk to... if I do accept one, I always insist on getting one back.

And that's very honourable of you Helen, very sensible, not that there's much chance I'd let you go without standing your round anyway...tight little Welsh bastard that I am.
    Some guys are morons, put them together and their sum total is greater than the sum of all parts...or something like that,..it's moronic synergy.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I was referring to this:
    "why do women have to be so feckin crafty and let you buy them a drink, and then piss off,....without even getting you one back..." <- keeping tabs on who returns the favor. Keeping score.

i know what you were referring to trix. still doesnt change the fact that you were inferring you knew what someone else was thinking. that's why i indicated i'd prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak. that way no one is assuming to know what someone else is talking or thinking about and no misunderstandings occur. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Is this still going?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    dunkman wrote:

uh, i admitted to it. if she's hot and walking across the street and i know i'm never gonna see her again, why not stare? not like i have to worry about her thinking i'm a pervert... i'll never see her again. i'm not going to rape her, but i wouldn't blame her for being creeped out. i just don't care. i don't yell anything or holler, but if i get caught looking, i'm not going to try to hide what we both know i was doing.

i don't often hang out with groups of guys, but when we do, i still stare. i don't know whether or not it's obvious, but i do it.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    uh, i admitted to it. if she's hot and walking across the street and i know i'm never gonna see her again, why not stare? not like i have to worry about her thinking i'm a pervert... i'll never see her again. i'm not going to rape her, but i wouldn't blame her for being creeped out. i just don't care. i don't yell anything or holler, but if i get caught looking, i'm not going to try to hide what we both know i was doing.

You mean you don't yell across the street at her, "Yeah, that's right - bytchez STILL ain't shyt!!!" with your finger pointed at her?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    You mean you don't yell across the street at her, "Yeah, that's right - bytchez STILL ain't shyt!!!" with your finger pointed at her?

nope. cos then they walk faster and i don't get to enjoy the view as much. now when i'm in the bar and a girl asks me if i'd like to buy her a drink i say "bytch, you aint shyt to me hoe! why dont you buy ME a drink and maybe i'll let you juggle these nuts in yo mouth later tonight!"

i don't often hang out with groups of guys, but when we do, i still stare. i don't know whether or not it's obvious, but i do it.

you dont really count though Peter Sutcliffe... :)
  • fanch75 wrote:
    fanch darling, only YOU can get away with that. :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
    dunkman wrote:
    you dont really count though Peter Sutcliffe... :)

who is peter sutcliffe?
    who is peter sutcliffe?

the yorkshire ripper. serial killer. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    the yorkshire ripper. serial killer. :)

ah, the ted bundy of you backwoods folks?
    ah, the ted bundy of you backwoods folks?

well not me, cause im australian, not english. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say