Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/sports/story.html?id=c441980f-ac4e-4e40-862f-5d16481b96b7&p=2

About the Oilers...interesting...gotta love the comment from Roloson, to paraphrase..."If I had my choice of cities to head to, Edmonton was on the bottom"....lol...but then he praised the city and everything about it.....
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    sorrry for a lost season ...i really wanted to see the oilers in the playoffs :)
    hopefully theyll turn the team around
    LETS GO BUFFALO :)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=dw-bettman012907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Great article on how Bettman has ruined the NHL...if posted before I apologize....
    I thought you fuckers in Edmonton wanted this lockout, now your bitchin about bettman again, well you praised him for the lockout and you almost won the Cup, i hate bettman for the lockout, i didn't mind the amount the rich teams were paying for players ex TML NYR Det, so i just wish you'd stop bitchin about bettman cause you wanted the lockout and got it, so shut up Oilers fans.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    kenshunt wrote:
    I thought you fuckers in Edmonton wanted this lockout, now your bitchin about bettman again, well you praised him for the lockout and you almost won the Cup, i hate bettman for the lockout, i didn't mind the amount the rich teams were paying for players ex TML NYR Det, so i just wish you'd stop bitchin about bettman cause you wanted the lockout and got it, so shut up Oilers fans.

umm..did someone forget to tell you that this is an Oiler's Fan thread? obviously you're not a fan... so if you want to come here to talk hockey, be nice like the rest of the fans in here... like Mets and Buffalo etc..
    peace
    and find some love.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Earthgirl wrote:
    umm..did someone forget to tell you that this is an Oiler's Fan thread? obviously you're not a fan... so if you want to come here to talk hockey, be nice like the rest of the fans in here... like Mets and Buffalo etc..
    peace
    and find some love.
    ok but why are you complaing about bettman for ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

where did you read that I was complaining about Bettman?
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    where did you read that I was complaining about Bettman?
    Well one person did, but ok i'll be nice, so when will robbie schemp and danny svrett get to play on a regular basis do u think, im just curious watched a lot of them both here in London Ontario.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well one person did, but ok i'll be nice, so when will robbie schemp and danny svrett get to play on a regular basis do u think, im just curious watched a lot of them both here in London Ontario.

well.. Im not sure, but I think Schremp needs to lose a bit of his attitude, maybe they're waiting until he matures up a bit. :) He's a great player tho, I will admit that, he will be a name to remember in hockey.
    thanks for being nice. ;)
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    well.. Im not sure, but I think Schremp needs to lose a bit of his attitude, maybe they're waiting until he matures up a bit. :) He's a great player tho, I will admit that, he will be a name to remember in hockey.
    thanks for being nice. ;)
    Ya i know robbie is a hot dog, and all, but i thought he might have learned something from dale hunter benching him a few times in London, but i guess not. Danny i thought was a defenceman who i thought would have been in the NHL by now, cause he just seemed so calm back there, but i guess i was wrong.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

At least my team is not pathetic enough to hold a pre-game ceramony to honour our last cup win...Pathetic....just like Laugh fans....as for Bettmen I never said any comments on the matter...just posting an article for people to read....see you on the golf course! :)
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Ya i know robbie is a hot dog, and all, but i thought he might have learned something from dale hunter benching him a few times in London, but i guess not. Danny i thought was a defenceman who i thought would have been in the NHL by now, cause he just seemed so calm back there, but i guess i was wrong.

Syvret is far from NHL ready.....trust me... he scrares me with the puck....one day maybe AT BEST 3rd or 4th Dman.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

My beef is with the asshole is due with scheduling over anything....says he listens to the fans...yeah right....he needs to be more supportive of mroe out of conference play...instead he stays neutral....wants to spread the game...well limiting the amount of time time your super-stars play in other rinks is major obstacle he should tackle...my comments had ZERO to due with the lock-out...ignorant Leaf fan....big surprise....
  • Options
    My beef is with the asshole is due with scheduling over anything....says he listens to the fans...yeah right....he needs to be more supportive of mroe out of conference play...instead he stays neutral....wants to spread the game...well limiting the amount of time time your super-stars play in other rinks is major obstacle he should tackle...my comments had ZERO to due with the lock-out...ignorant Leaf fan....big surprise....
    Ok then as for the former London Knight, i just thought Danny would have been ready but i was wrong, he seemed to be cool and calm for the knights and at the world juniors, but i guess the big show got to him.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    kenshunt wrote:

I find the comment about rich teams funny......even with an unlimited payroll the laughs still can't win a cup in a league with more than 6 teams!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    When was the last time Vancouver won a Cup, umm never, but you will reach 40+ years without a cup eventually.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    When was the last time Vancouver won a Cup, umm never, but you will reach 40+ years without a cup eventually.

Ignorant and Laugh fan just seem to go hand in hand....seeing as you are in southern Ontario make the trek up to the big city go to the hockey hall of fame look at the big trophy and check the year 1915. Vancouver Millionaires Stanley Cup Champions!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Ok Oilers fans, i asked the New York Rangers fans this question yesterday, do you think Glenn Anderson deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame. I think so, plus he was a key to the Toronto Maple Leafs almost making it to the finals in 93.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Ignorant and Laugh fan just seem to go hand in hand....seeing as you are in southern Ontario make the trek up to the big city go to the hockey hall of fame look at the big trophy and check the year 1915. Vancouver Millionaires Stanley Cup Champions!!!
    Ok then lol, im sayin the Canucks 1970 till present haven't won a cup.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    kenshunt wrote:
    Ok Oilers fans, i asked the New York Rangers fans this question yesterday, do you think Glenn Anderson deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame. I think so, plus he was a key to the Toronto Maple Leafs almost making it to the finals in 93.

he doesn't even have 500 goals ;)

yes, I think he should be....he was a big part of the Oil's success back in the day. No one crashed the net like him...
  • Options
    he doesn't even have 500 goals ;)

yes, I think he should be....he was a big part of the Oil's success back in the day. No one crashed the net like him...
    He loved cutting in, off the wing, driving in the crease and firing one home, or crashing into the goal post.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Hey, I was wondering if this thread was still around ...
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I find the comment about rich teams funny......even with an unlimited payroll the laughs still can't win a cup in a league with more than 6 teams!!!

Point.
    :)
  • Options
    Point.
    :)
    but i also think he shouldn't open his mouth, the Canucks haven't won a cup in 36 years
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    but i also think he shouldn't open his mouth, the Canucks haven't won a cup in 36 years

And to be frank with you, I loathe the Canucks big time and would probably choose the Leafs if it came down to that.

Luongo = flash in the pan.
  • Options
    Sorry Oilers fans, i'll leave this thread
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

Well at least they have made it to the finals twice what is the Laughs biggest accomplishment since expansion.......Oh that’s right semis....As stated previously only to be Bitch Slapped in 94!!!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    kenshunt wrote:
    He loved cutting in, off the wing, driving in the crease and firing one home, or crashing into the goal post.

Yup...didnt call him the kamikaze kid for nothing. He played a totally reckless style = awesome.

and yeah man....I can't help but laugh when Leaf fans start talking smack...just asking for a lickin. I can't stand the Laughs, mostly cause we're force-fed them on HNIC out west (see Sabres/Sens rematch night - wtf was that?)....well, and cause they are a crap team, and Tucker plays there, and and and....:) but to be honest, I think it would be pretty cool to see what Yonge street looked like during a Cup final.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    In case the Oil fans are looking for company in their misery Im here for ya. My Canes are poised to miss the playoffs too. :( We'll get em next year.
    Brian
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Thought I'd revive this thread.....only a few months til hockey starts again and I just renewed my season tickets!!!!! Yay!!! :D
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Rumors circulating that Edmonton is trying to work out a 3 way deal with the Flyers and my Canes in which Erik Cole lands in Edmonton. I hope this is just rumors as I'd hate to see Cole traded even if it means getting Pitkanen from Philly.

Edmonton deal still possible
    Monday, Jun 25, 2007 11:41 am EDT

Edmonton Oilers' GM Kevin Lowe wouldn't go into details, but said a three-way detail remains a "possibility."

One big recent rumor was a three-way swap in which Erik Cole would come to Edmonton while Raffi Torres moved to the Philadelphia Flyers and Joni Pitkanen headed to the Carolina Hurricanes.

Source: Edmonton Sun
    Brian