Options

Edmonton Oilers

Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
edited February 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Mac T has really come into his own this year, I have always loved that guy and had the utmost faith inwhat he has done and IS doing for the team. He has always had the best interest of the Oil in his oil-drop shaped heart. What he does is ultimately for the love and glory of the team

Edit: Its funny, most of you who have been with me through the start of this thread likely know what I originally said here when I started this thread...then I changed it at the start of the last series.
>>>>
>
...a lover and a fighter.
"I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The Oilers have been my team since I was a little girl. I admit I don't keep up with as much as I use to but I recently checked and we were sixth, this morning I hear that we are now tied for seventh. That is just too close. Some things never change, just barely scraping out a playoff spot. Two years ago I actually cheered for the *gasp* Flames :o against the Lightning ... I was probably the only person on PEI doing that as everyone loves Richards!!!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    oh yeah! My horrible Blues come through on Al MacInnis night. Ted Nolan would look a lot better in St. Louis I think. I can't believe a team hasn't grabbed onto that guy, what he did in Buffalo was amazing.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I dont know what to think anymore about MacT.
    He is the only constant with the Oilers not doing so well.
    But I really like him. And the Oilers seem like a very loyal
    team and dont give up on people too easily. Maybe we
    do need a shake up though. hmmmm...

I just want them to make it to the playoffs.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I was horribly disappointed with the game last night. The Oilers always do this.....I don't understand. They leave it until it's do-or-die and then they're screwed. They couldn't beat St.Louis!! WTF! Pretty much the worst team in the league right now, coming out of an 18 game losing streak to defeat the Oilers.
    I agree, McTavish needs to go. There are some phenominal players on this team and I really think it's coming down to coaching.

**The Oilers should have won against Minnesota. Peca's goal was in and was disallowed by the video goal judges in TO. How come I saw that overhead reply 20 times on tv while they were reviewing the goal and the video goal judge didn't have the footage until he already disallowed the goal? If it's by one point that we don't make it in the playoffs it's because of this.
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    **The Oilers should have won against Minnesota. Peca's goal was in and was disallowed by the video goal judges in TO. How come I saw that overhead reply 20 times on tv while they were reviewing the goal and the video goal judge didn't have the footage until he already disallowed the goal? If it's by one point that we don't make it in the playoffs it's because of this.

I say to myself if WE the fans are watching the replay on Sportsnet...
    Why cant the review judges just turn to Sportsnet to see the play?
    Surely the NHL can provide this footage.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I was horribly disappointed with the game last night. The Oilers always do this.....I don't understand. They leave it until it's do-or-die and then they're screwed. They couldn't beat St.Louis!! WTF! Pretty much the worst team in the league right now, coming out of an 18 game losing streak to defeat the Oilers.
    I agree, McTavish needs to go. There are some phenominal players on this team and I really think it's coming down to coaching.

Hey hey hey....it was a 13 game losing streak thank you very much. Give us a little credit
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I say to myself if WE the fans are watching the replay on Sportsnet...
    Why cant the review judges just turn to Sportsnet to see the play?
    Surely the NHL can provide this footage.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently it was taking too long to get the overhead footage, so they called it no goal because they couldn't tell from what footage they had and thought they should get back to the game. TURN ON THE TV NEXT TIME!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey hey hey....it was a 13 game losing streak thank you very much. Give us a little credit

Sorry I was misinformed....I was told it was 18. :)
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently it was taking too long to get the overhead footage, so they called it no goal because they couldn't tell from what footage they had and thought they should get back to the game. TURN ON THE TV NEXT TIME!!!!!

Hahaha.
    At Oilers games where we have our season tickets I can see one of the TVs
    on the walkway upstairs. And I will see it on CBC or whatever. If they dont
    look like they are gonna replay it on the Juumbo-tron I look up at the TV.
  • Options
    Raider917Raider917 Posts: 73
    have edmonton won the season series vs San Jose? i can see Colorado dropping out of the playoffs but there is a possibility that Edmonton and SJ can finish with the same amount of points and win totals.
  • Options
    EDmonton and Vancouver are still in control of there own destinies. if they both win out their remaining games they would both have 97 pts. 2 of both Colorados and San Jose games are against either Edmonton or Vancouver so they would both lose at least twice if EDM and Van win out.

Even if Colorado and San Jose win their remaining games(other than the games vs EDM and VAN) then Colorado would finish at 96 pts and out cause Vancouver and Edmonton would have 97. SJ would finish at 97 pts as well and would have the identical amount of wins as Edmonton (43) which is 2 fewer than Vancouvers 45.

in the event of a tie for 8th place between EDM and SJ, the tie breakers are first win totals (which would be even at 43) then its "The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs".

the Oilers have won the season series vs SJ 3 wins to 1.
  • Options
    We were in the same position last year. We cannot put ourselves in the position of relying on other teams to lose in order to make the playoffs.

The referees have been absolutely atrocious, those back to back games where they called a NO GOAL on goals that were clearly IN after reviewing the replay. Those cheating bastards will get theirs in Ref Hell.

Nonetheless, we should have kicked our game up long ago. What the hell is with Mac T switching up the lines lately, that bastard did the same thing last year and it didnt help us any. Since he has been our coach he's accomplished nothing. It's time for him to go and coach juniors or something....he probably should have started there in the first place...so he could have actually had 'coaching experience' before starting as Head Coach with the Oil. The Oiler organization needs to quit giving key jobs to the glory players of the 80's
    Bring back Muckler and Sather......oh how I long for those days.

*Walks down to the Gretzky statue in front of the Colliseum*
    * sparks a smoke and begins to sing Black*

Go Oilers Go!!!!!!
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I dont know what to think anymore about MacT.
    He is the only constant with the Oilers not doing so well.
    But I really like him. And the Oilers seem like a very loyal
    team and dont give up on people too easily. Maybe we
    do need a shake up though. hmmmm...

I just want them to make it to the playoffs.
    It appears you have a deep seeded love for MacTavish
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    PeatricalPeatrical Posts: 59
    Being a Calgary fan I don't care much for the team, however I do agree Mactavish should be terminated and a new coach selected. It would make the Oilers much more interesting to watch. They have a great team, and are just lacking in coaching, in my opinion anyways.
  • Options
    We were in the same position last year. We cannot put ourselves in the position of relying on other teams to lose in order to make the playoffs.

The referees have been absolutely atrocious, those back to back games where they called a NO GOAL on goals that were clearly IN after reviewing the replay. Those cheating bastards will get theirs in Ref Hell.

Nonetheless, we should have kicked our game up long ago. What the hell is with Mac T switching up the lines lately, that bastard did the same thing last year and it didnt help us any. Since he has been our coach he's accomplished nothing. It's time for him to go and coach juniors or something....he probably should have started there in the first place...so he could have actually had 'coaching experience' before starting as Head Coach with the Oil. The Oiler organization needs to quit giving key jobs to the glory players of the 80's
    Bring back Muckler and Sather......oh how I long for those days.

*Walks down to the Gretzky statue in front of the Colliseum*
    * sparks a smoke and begins to sing Black*

Go Oilers Go!!!!!!

Muckler and Sather those were the days indeed ;)
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    If it makes you feel better, Vancouver is pretty much in the same boat. :)
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    if the guys in Edmonton can stay together for the next few years.. we will have a kick ass team, it's a young team with at least 5 plus goal scorers, they rock.. they will kick ass.. they need some consistency, they play with heart, they want to win.. but they just dont have the goal tending to back the team either.... or that's the way I see it.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    they need to bring back kurri, messier, anderson, coffey, semenko, fuhr, lowe, anderson and that guy that wore #99. those guys were pretty decent. :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    oops. i said anderson twice. who'd i leave out? oh ya, tikkanen.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    can the canucks hang on? up 4-3 with a third of a period to go
  • Options
    Vancouver lose to SJ in OT. Edmonton are hanging on to 8th by now only 1 point. both EDM and Vancouver have 2 games left.
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    oops. i said anderson twice. who'd i leave out? oh ya, tikkanen.

Funny I read your post above this and I thought what about Tikkanen???!!... you are redeemed ;)
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    GOLF CANUCKS GOLF.

And Edmonton won, and will go on.

Calgary & Ottawa won their divisions.

Ovechkin scored his 50th goal.

Pretty good night in hockeyland.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    rockpants wrote:
    GOLF CANUCKS GOLF.

And Edmonton won, and will go on.

Calgary & Ottawa won their divisions.

Ovechkin scored his 50th goal.

Pretty good night in hockeyland.

uuuggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    or pretty not good night.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Yes, it was a good night in hockey tonight......for Oilers fans anyway. :D
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i think i'd route for edmonton over calgary now, i dont know why.
    i'm just at a loss with my nucks outta it :(
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options

Aww, I'm really sorry....I know how sad it is when your team is out. And ya, cheer for Edmonton over Calgary!! ;)
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695

yes, cheer for the mighty OIL !!
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Well Oiler fans,who would you like to face in the first round?
    The Mighty Red Wings or Dallas.
    Being a Red Wings season ticket holder for 20 seasons I think we could push Edmonton out of the way.
    We will find out Saturday or Monday.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    I am bias of course but I see Edmonton as a Dark Horse. We have the best record of any team against Detroit during the regualr season this year. It is rather funny how a lot of Detroit fans think that they are going to roll over Edmonton. The Wings have finished high in the standings before (1st and 3rd I think) and they were knocked out each time.
    Yzerman said a couple weeks back that he hoped that they didnt have to face Edmonton in the first round.
    Im going to drink lots of beer, eat lots of chips, and be glued to the TV this Friday.

ps I hope Bertuzzi is traded to Toronto, that would be fitting.

GOOILERSGO
    >>>>
    >