Options

Edmonton Oilers

1515253545557»

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    oh i dont think so either but a man can dream
    Yeah, us Canadian team fans are good at that ;)
    stickboy wrote:
    well looks like NY's out. Sather apparently said theyre parting ways :(

Yeah but never say never.
  • Options
    Well well well....my how a year can change the hockey writer's opinions (although I still take it with a grain of salt)...seems everyone in the hockey writer business is calling for the Oilers to take their division this year and needless to say I agree....for those who have stuck through the MAJOR Stanley Cup hang-over loss I am confident we can meet these expectations....two shitty years is well worth what we are going to get in the next five....training camp in a month....FINALLY!

If we can stay healthy we will do some damage this year.....
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    Well well well....my how a year can change the hockey writer's opinions (although I still take it with a grain of salt)...seems everyone in the hockey writer business is calling for the Oilers to take their division this year and needless to say I agree....for those who have stuck through the MAJOR Stanley Cup hang-over loss I am confident we can meet these expectations....two shitty years is well worth what we are going to get in the next five....training camp in a month....FINALLY!

ethan moreau involved in a hit and run here in vancouver reported in the papers.

what a bum, along with the whole team.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    ethan moreau involved in a hit and run here in vancouver reported in the papers.

Who cares...wan't even driving.....too bad so sad....why so bitter....reality that the Canucks are going to be dead last in the division....wait for it....again.....

BTW the jerkiness of my post in in jest....however the points are still true....
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

YES! we're getting close to camp, beer league starts in a couple weeks...can't wait. I was just thinking today that this thread needed a bump...gawd I hope we stay healthy this year.
  • Options

Oh dear.......LOL
    I think and know you are kidding cause we all know it is the Canucks who are a bunch of bums.......stanleycupless......bums.
    ;)
    Cant wait for the season to start, when I think of it, I start shaking with giddyesque pleasure.
    EDIT: I saw a picture of Moreau driving the car and hitting an elderly man wearing a Canuck Jersey........I'm o.k. with that.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Im feeling good aboot the upcoming year.....I mean the tingly feeling in your loins good......cant wait.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Im feeling good aboot the upcoming year.....I mean the tingly feeling in your loins good......cant wait.
    I'm trying to keep my mouth shut after the hyping I did last season......if Garon shits the bed, Souray and Moreau can't stay healthy (the supposed missing team toughness), and we have a couple of sophomore jinx's, in fact any combination of two of those three possiblities, and.....as Tootie would say, 'we're in trrrroubllllllle'.
    That said...if NONE of those three possibilities materialize, and we pick up where we left off last season + our new guys...we're fuckin contending this year. Tough schedule out of the gate...we HAVE to pick up where we left off, or we could be buried by xmas.
  • Options
    I'm trying to keep my mouth shut after the hyping I did last season......if Garon shits the bed, Souray and Moreau can't stay healthy (the supposed missing team toughness), and we have a couple of sophomore jinx's, in fact any combination of two of those three possiblities, and.....as Tootie would say, 'we're in trrrroubllllllle'.
    That said...if NONE of those three possibilities materialize, and we pick up where we left off last season + our new guys...we're fuckin contending this year. Tough schedule out of the gate...we HAVE to pick up where we left off, or we could be buried by xmas.

Holy shit! I am still gittin passed the "Garon Shits The Bed" part. Im with em as are you and we're going to a game.
    :D
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Holy shit! I am still gittin passed the "Garon Shits The Bed" part. Im with em as are you and we're going to a game.
    hellz yes. I don't have access to company seats like I did when we first met, but I still get 'em on occasion...I like to spread the tix around - people remeber that stuff when tix fall on their laps ;);) I'll put you at the top of the list D...
  • Options
    Quick chime in...pre-season BOA tonight on SN-W (HD).....just wanted to say to Oiler fans I was at the first Oiler-Panther game of the pre-season and I will say this pay attentiion to Lefebrve...FUCKING TOUGH....demolioshed a Panther that night....about 20 straight lefts right to the face....shattered the guys nose....also that night Peckham (playing tonight) fought twice....Souray almost killed Ballard for taking a run at Hemsky that night...if he hit the punch he threw Ballard still may on the Rexall ice surface....GO OILERS!

This is not your 2007-08 Oilers....this team is ready to fight and stick up for players they also picked up a bruiser tonight from Flordia....McIntyre...6'6" 260lbs.....a MONSTER fighter......
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    How's Colesy fitting in up there? I hope he has a big impact for you guys this year. He will be missed greatly by the fans down here. He will be welcomed back loudly when The Oil role into Raleigh later this season.
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    How's Colesy fitting in up there? I hope he has a big impact for you guys this year. He will be missed greatly by the fans down here. He will be welcomed back loudly when The Oil role into Raleigh later this season.

I like what he can bring to the table...however has yet to find chemistry with Horcoff/Hemsky on the top unit
  • Options
    Okay for the third year in a row here is my Oilers season preview.

Well I have seen all but one of the pre-season games (even attended the fight-fest game between Flordia/Edmonton last Wednesday)....SO HERE WE GO.....

First let's start off with the lines that MacT has pretty set in stone (for the time being)

First Line:

Cole/Horcoff/Hemsky....so far...not great...however I think they need time to gel...Ales has not played with someone with the insane speed and forechecking ability that Cole possesses...in an interview I read today Ales stated that he needs to adjust to the speed that Cole enters the offensive zone. Horcoff looks like he is still getting back into game shape due to his season ending shoulder injury last season. Hemsky well he is still dangling and looks pretty disinterested so far but it's pre-season who cares.

Second Line

Cogliano/Gagner/Nilsson

The Kid Line returns and they have looked good so far....however I will make this prediction and they will be broken up within the first 10 games of the year. Gagner has looked unreal so far...kid has sick skill and book it that he is our number one centre in less than two years

Third Line

Well this is a line that has been tried in a few games and I HATE IT....

Moreau/Pisani/Penner

We have two guys, Pisani and Penner playing out of position and it has cost us dearly in the game I seen...Fernando (no blame to him) is unable to win any face-offs...smart call MacT...expect this line to be imploded before season start

Fourth Line

?????/Brodiziak/Stortini.....

?????? = equals Brule/Schremp/Pouliot/BIG MAC (STEVIE MACINTYRE....SASKATCHEWAN BRUISER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS...)

It is an all out battle for the last remaining spot on the fourth line expect the first three to battle it out till the end of the pre-season...all have soon the same amount of upside/downside....expect Big Mac to be in and out of the line-up....FYI MacIntyre is 6'6" 265lbs and is an INSANE fighter...they were discussing no one could hold a candle to him in the AHL last season....check out this link and you will get the idea.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1PsSYD67DE

D

Souray/Vishnovsky
    Smid/Staois
    Gilbert/Grebeskhov

A little not Souray has racked up around 60 PM in three games...he has been a BEAST out there....he has been sticking up for players taking liberities on our talent (Hemsky/Gagner)....and when I mean stick up...that equals punches to the face.....so far the best Oiler on the ice....he is the true leader of this team and it could not be more apparent

MY IDEAL LINES:

Penner/Horcoff/Hemsky (great chemistry last year when healthy)

Cole/Gagner/Nilsson (Cole has the speed and has grit which these kids need with more attention on them this year)

Schremp/Cogliano/Pisani (would be a great line with Pisani watching the defensive side of the puck....Schremp sick pure goal scoring skill...and get Cogliano back into his natural position of center)

Pouliot (or MacIntyre depending on the game)/Brodziak/Stortini

Defense from above I already agree with.

I expect to compete for the division this year and I believe we will return to the play-offs.
  • Options
    I like what he can bring to the table...however has yet to find chemistry with Horcoff/Hemsky on the top unit

Hey RiC. Long time, no see. Hope all is well.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!
  • Options
    Any Oiler fans still exist out there!!!

First game of the year boys/girls....I am stoked!
  • Options
    Any Oiler fans still exist out there!!!

First game of the year boys/girls....I am stoked!

I am going to the game on Friday night :D Company tickets :p
  • Options
    A bump for the tonight's game

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    OK so I am the third post in a row :o But hello!!!! WE beat the Flames on their home ice!!!! What a gme :D:D
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    my excitement when it comes to the Oil right now.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253322&lid=sublink04&lpos=headlines_nhl
    Sums it up fairly well.
    Go..............................................OIL!!!!
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I forgot to say hello!
    :)
    Lo Siento...mea culpa...yadda yadda
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Hemsky well he is still dangling and looks pretty disinterested so far but it's pre-season who cares.
    That is funny
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    my excitement when it comes to the Oil right now.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253322&lid=sublink04&lpos=headlines_nhl
    Sums it up fairly well.
    Go..............................................OIL!!!!
    beautiful thing to see that pic up there and see the old school Oilers uniforms ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    beautiful thing to see that pic up there and see the old school Oilers uniforms ;)

tis a beautifulthing indeedm my friend.
    playing the blackhawks tonight at 7pm (Mountain time.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    OK so I am the third post in a row :o But hello!!!! WE beat the Flames on their home ice!!!! What a gme :D:D

Round one of the Battle obviously goes to an Oilers team who earned it.
    I do think Prust deserves some credit for taking on a guy who outweighed him by, like, 70 pounds ... Not only taking him on, but hanging in there the whole fight! McIntyre is a beast ... Dude looks like a hobbit on steroids.
  • Options
    Oilers....Oilers...Oilers. Come on peeps, they need our support,this is just a rough patch were going through......until Mac T gets hit bya car.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    good win against NY on Monday (sorry bathgate66 and it was your bday too?)
    Looking forward to tomorrows game.
    :)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im jumping on the bandwagon. I have always cheered for the Western Canadian teams after Buffalo, but now I will align with the Oilers. Im a huge Connor McDavid fan and love the fact that he is in the other conference, in the West, and in Canada. Outside of Buffalo, 2nd best spot for me. I'm sure Murray/Buffalo is talking/has talked trade with Chiarelli... but no way a trade happens unless Oilers' management likes the smell of pitchforks and sensation of being burned with torches.

Although I do feel bad for McDavid. I can say with relative certainty he does/did not want to play for Katz's team, or at the very least they were his last choice. Katz is a scumbag and the only thing I see wrong with the Oilers.