PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• Jeanie wrote:
    Thanks love. :) Is it expensive?

Well they aren't giving it away but it is more long term than say waxing. Just make sure you go to a good, reputable clinic. I am sure you would but you know...
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    i shop sephora quite a bit. some things i can;t live without: paula dorf's "transformer"- turns my favorite bronze eye shadow into a waterproof, move-proof eyeliner (tip: bronze shadow/liner makes blue eyes POP); nars blush in "deep throat" :) ; bare minerals foundation; clinique pore minimizer. i never change these items, but i play around with everything else. i'm a total makeup whore. :p
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    i shop sephora quite a bit. some things i can;t live without: paula dorf's "transformer"- turns my favorite bronze eye shadow into a waterproof, move-proof eyeliner (tip: bronze shadow/liner makes blue eyes POP);

Benefit has one that does that too and it comes with a pallet of 12 colors. It's pretty cool 'cause i used it with all my eye shadows.

Sephora is dangerous, but I've recently discovered Ulta. I love that place.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Darlin, join the club ;)

No really are you confused??? We can always help :)

Yes, I am confused and help is always nice to get.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well so far so good. Seems to be making the little capillaries less and so the redness is going away jb. Not completely but I can see a difference, which is great! And I can vouch for Vitamin E too. I used that on a really bad burn years ago, it was full thickness and went right down to the flesh and Mum mixed powdered vitamin E with water and then soaked gauze in the solution and applied it to the burn several times a day. I think the scarring is much better than it would have been had we not and it did seem to heal quicker because of it. I still have a small scar but it's barely visible. I still pierce a Vitamin E cap and squeeze it onto injuries now and occassionally onto my face too. I think it works. :)

Can't help so much with the stretch marks although I know people who swear by Palmer's Cocoa Butter products. :)

http://www.etbrowne.com/

THANKS!!!

So far so good with the cocoa butter. I still have a long way to go
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Benefit has one that does that too and it comes with a pallet of 12 colors. It's pretty cool 'cause i used it with all my eye shadows.

Sephora is dangerous, but I've recently discovered Ulta. I love that place.

I love sephora...and yes it's dangerous. Ive neve been to Ulta but maybe Im better off :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    JaneNY wrote:
    I have a Conair one - I spray some kind of spray made by Chi on my hair before I straighten it though. My daughter says Chi are the best flat irons, though I'm not planning to buy one any time soon.

Yeah it's important to spray on some kind of heat protectant. Yeah Im not too sure about spending over 100 dollars for a flat iron.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • chadwick wrote:
    Yes, I am confused and help is always nice to get.

What kind of help do you need? :)
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Well they aren't giving it away but it is more long term than say waxing. Just make sure you go to a good, reputable clinic. I am sure you would but you know...

Yeah, hehe! :D Coz you're really gonna subject your nether regions to some fruit loop with a laser! :eek: ;)

I think my podiatrist has a whole bunch of other services including hair removal, so I might check that out next time I'm there. Maybe I could surrender my armpits first? See if I can cope with that! Coz I don't think it sounds like it's gonna be much fun! Plus, would have to be cheaper having your pits done and way less embarrassing than dropping your pants for a stranger! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    brainofjb wrote:
    THANKS!!!

So far so good with the cocoa butter. I still have a long way to go

Well maybe try that thing with the Vitamin E caps on the stretch marks too, but perhaps check with your doctor first. I wouldn't want to be giving you advice that could mess with the precious cargo! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yeah, hehe! :D Coz you're really gonna subject your nether regions to some fruit loop with a laser! :eek: ;)

I think my podiatrist has a whole bunch of other services including hair removal, so I might check that out next time I'm there. Maybe I could surrender my armpits first? See if I can cope with that! Coz I don't think it sounds like it's gonna be much fun! Plus, would have to be cheaper having your pits done and way less embarrassing than dropping your pants for a stranger! :D

Jeanie:
    I am not a total stranger but kinda.
    haha.
    Will a laser pointer work?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Jeanie wrote:

Good point.

Sweet bejebus I had my armpits waxed once :eek: That feckin' hurts. SO much more than the bikini line you can't even imagine well I don't mind getting my bikini waxed actually but . I have a friend who had her pits lasered and she lived so...
    Good point.

Sweet bejebus I had my armpits waxed once :eek: That feckin' hurts. SO much more than the bikini line you can't even imagine well I don't mind getting my bikini waxed actually but . I have a friend who had her pits lasered and she lived so...

lil village beck:
    You ladies are amazing.
    Totally tough and stuff.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    lil village beck:
    You ladies are amazing.
    Totally tough and stuff.

Why thank you, Chad. We have our moments :)
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    libragirl wrote:
    I love sephora...and yes it's dangerous. Ive neve been to Ulta but maybe Im better off :p

There's a MAC store at the mall nearest to me. You heard me, a MAC store. And it's next to a L'Occitaine. Why don't they just rob me at gunpoint?
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Ola Ladies..

Loving this thread... so good to hear some Aussie Shops getting a reference :p

Cant think of any interesting tips to tell you...

Always Moisturise... never forget your neck!
    Always take your make up off before bed... although i didnt for a while, but I know how much better my skin is the next day if its clean when I wake up.
    Conditioner for shaving legs is always a nice easy one... and it doesnt have to be expensive conditioner.

anyone got a rememdy for bubbly butt syndrome?? ;) mine just keeps getting worse the older I get!! :D
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    drivingrl wrote:
    There's a MAC store at the mall nearest to me. You heard me, a MAC store. And it's next to a L'Occitaine. Why don't they just rob me at gunpoint?

We have three Mac stores. Each a different size, two around the corner from a Sephora. Don't get me started on Origins....it is so very tempting!

Ohh another shaving cream that's really good is the shower lotions or creams. They keep your legs moisturized and work as a shave gel.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    I can not say it enough.
    You ladies are it.
    Totally all of it, every bit of it.

And good night I am out.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Jeanie:
    I am not a total stranger but kinda.
    haha.
    Will a laser pointer work?

Funny man! :D NO CHANCE!!! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Good point.

Yeah, I've subjected my bikini line to waxing one time, probably nearly 15 years ago now, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. If anybody is going there again for hair sculpting it would want to be a semi permanent or permanent deal! Coz there's no way I'm doing that too regularly! :eek:

I think I'd cope better with my armpits! I managed to shave a great chunk of skin out from under one of them once! :eek: And the last time I used that Nair shit, I chemically burned my underarms so bad I was in agony for weeks! So I think I could cope with waxing the pits! :eek: :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    drivingrl wrote:
    I used to work in a MAC store. They were extremely generous with the gratis and the discount was 60%. Like robbing the place.
    Needless to say, I have ALOT of MAC.

I will list something I do not recommend...L'oreal Telescopic Mascara...ick So pointy..i like thick lashes...I love MAC X and Max Factor's new one with the cool brush.

Oh, and nothing but a laser will get rid of stretch marks...sorry ladies.
    Oh, and waxing is the best...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I used to work in a MAC store. They were extremely generous with the gratis and the discount was 60%. Like robbing the place.

I will list something I do not recommend...L'oreal Telescopic Mascara...ick So pointy..i like thick lashes...I love MAC X and Max Factor's new one with the cool brush.

I haven't dared to look at MAC Trix. I just know that I'd develop an addiction pretty quick, so I zoom past it when I'm in Myer. There's really no need for me to buy more make up, I rarely wear eye shadow and blush these days and even more rarely do I put on foundation.
    Most days if I'm going anyhere it's Revlon Liquid Eyeliner on the top lashes, a smudge of Revlon on the bottom lashes, a quick coat of Max Factor's 2000 Calorie on the lashes and a smidge of lip gloss/lipstick on the lips. END OF STORY! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCat wrote:

MAC is all I wear, that line of Cosmetics is awesome. It's just the best thing out there.. 60% off would be a dream...
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    MAC is all I wear, that line of Cosmetics is awesome. It's just the best thing out there.. 60% off would be a dream...
    It was a dream. :)
    Now I get 40% off because i am a makeup artist...still not too shabby. :)
    And I recycle alot so I get lots of free lipsticks.
    Makeup is my crack.
    Well, that and crack.
    Jeanie wrote:
    I haven't dared to look at MAC Trix. I just know that I'd develop an addiction pretty quick, so I zoom past it when I'm in Myer. There's really no need for me to buy more make up, I rarely wear eye shadow and blush these days and even more rarely do I put on foundation.
    Most days if I'm going anyhere it's Revlon Liquid Eyeliner on the top lashes, a smudge of Revlon on the bottom lashes, a quick coat of Max Factor's 2000 Calorie on the lashes and a smidge of lip gloss/lipstick on the lips. END OF STORY! :D
    I love the 2000 Calorie mascara. I think as far as drugstore brands go MF makes the best mascara.
    MAC makes the best glosses too.
    And Bobbi Brown Nude gloss with MAC spice liner....yummy lips
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I love the 2000 Calorie mascara. I think as far as drugstore brands go MF makes the best mascara.
    MAC makes the best glosses too.
    And Bobbi Brown Nude gloss with MAC spice liner....yummy lips

Yeah, I agree on the MF 2000. I've been using it for YEARS! It's the only mascara I bother with now! I buy it in waterproof for the summer, and it's so good it never comes off! I have to get friends to bring me back Boots eye make up remover everytime they go to London just to get it off! I stockpile that stuff coz it's the only really good, cheap, waterproof eye makeup remover that doesn't upset my eyes!

I mostly stick to clear gloss from the Body Shop. If I'm going for color it's usually Revlon or Avon with MF Lip Liner and a bit of clinique colored gloss over the top. I can't remember the last time I bought something new in Make up just to try it. Hardest part is trying to get your hands on the stuff that you buy regularly. It always seems to go out of fashion and they stop making it.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    ISo pointy..i like thick lashes...I love MAC X and Max Factor's new one with the cool brush.

What is Max Factor's new one? I have been devoted to 2000 Calorie since I was about 16, but I love trying new stuff!
    What is Max Factor's new one? I have been devoted to 2000 Calorie since I was about 16, but I love trying new stuff!
    It is not that new...a couple of years maybe. But it is heaven with a wand.
    http://www.maxfactor.com/user/get/product_details.do?lookupId=eyes_mascara_new_lash_perfection

Be careful with the wand...I jabbed myself a couple of times.
    lol

Oh, oh! L'oreal came out with a mineral transluscent powder...a loose one...such a beautiful finish.
    Jeanie...I can always buy and send you stuff if you are getting the urge to splurge. lol
    sigh...I love talking about makeup
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    wheres the guys hygeine thread thing??? that was a good freakin HILARIOUS thread!!! bringit back somebody!!!! and um....M.A.C rules. Thats all.....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It is not that new...a couple of years maybe. But it is heaven with a wand.
    http://www.maxfactor.com/user/get/product_details.do?lookupId=eyes_mascara_new_lash_perfection

Be careful with the wand...I jabbed myself a couple of times.
    lol

Oh, oh! L'oreal came out with a mineral transluscent powder...a loose one...such a beautiful finish.
    Jeanie...I can always buy and send you stuff if you are getting the urge to splurge. lol
    sigh...I love talking about makeup

Thanks trix! :) Very kind of you to offer. I've got drawers full of the stuff though, just my skin doesn't cope so well with make up that much any more.
    But yeah, like you I've been a make up addict for years! Must have been all that ballet as a kid! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift