PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• I love LUSH. Their bath bombs are just a little bit of heaven :D We sadly don't have one here but I have a small stockpile of bathbombs. I must try the dusting powder you speak of, chiqs as you have mentioned it before.

I make sure to exfoliate about twice a week.. makes a big difference.

I also suggest Biotherm bisenses exfoliant for the body it is a DREAM to prevent ingrown hairs :eek: :o

This thread proves beyond the shadow of a doubt what I've suspected for a long long time...

Girls are terrorists
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    it sits nicely at my shoulders. i'm coping with it fine. it's just through laziness i allow it to grow so long. plus i'm loving the cute ponytail i have now. it tickles the back of my neck. :D

funnily enough, the other day miss zoe(8) asked me how i get my hair so straight. i laughed and told her it's a natural gift i was born with. :)

Ah! Very nice! :) Reckon it'll suit you too! Sounds like it's about the same length as mine now. Although I only got the fringe trimmed at the hairdressers yesterday because I want it to grow a little bit.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Allie02 wrote:
    No wonder why we get along : )

I'm ok Jeanie,
    hanging in there,
    super busy
    Potential interview (hence my post about 'Sugar Hill' area, not sure if it's sketchy or not)
    also going tomorrow to see about a part time job at a fancy karaoke restaurant in Times Square, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Plus I went to a staffing agency in the am so I've been super busy. I'll keep you posted !

hehe! :) Well I do love my girlie things. Not as much as I used to, but I still love them none the less! :D
    And good cosmetics/skin products/beauty secrets are a bit of an interest of mine. Oh and I forgot, I use that Clinique facial soap. The yellow one. It's expensive but it lasts nearly a whole year so it works out not so bad.
    I get most of my other Clinique stuff from my Aunt who only uses their products and always buys when there's a gift offer, so I get what she doesn't want. :) So I've got a lot of their make up.

Anyway, I'm desperate for that hand creme now. I know it's exactly what I need to make my hands feel better. I can even remember just how lovely it feels and I'm craving it! :o

Good luck with it all girlie! I'll keep everything crossed for you. The Karaoke restaurant sounds like a great job!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Saturnal wrote:
    This thread proves beyond the shadow of a doubt what I've suspected for a long long time...

Girls are terrorists

:D And men are all international spies. All with the mystery and intrigue, followed by the vanishing act! ;)

You might actually like a nice soak in a bath with a bath bomb. Very relaxing and they even have "masculine" fragrances now. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    I'm too cheap to buy any expensive scrub, so I buy table salt and mix it up with either Body Shop body butter or Trader Joe's lavender oil and do a major softening/exfoliating last thing in the shower. Yummy. Or add in some essential oil. Better than anything they sell and really inexpensive too.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
    kinetic wrote:
    I'm too cheap to buy any expensive scrub, so I buy table salt and mix it up with either Body Shop body butter or Trader Joe's lavender oil and do a major softening/exfoliating last thing in the shower. Yummy. Or add in some essential oil. Better than anything they sell and really inexpensive too.

Oooh! :) I might have to try that! Thanks k. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    nice thread! :D

well.. I don't have any favourite products and such just yet.. I think. lol.

hmm. as for tips. I think I've shared this in some other thread before but what the hell. don't think yous have seen my hair but it's pretty darn long and in fairly good shape. I don't use any particular products on it, whatever I seem to have bought really. :D naturally always something meant for long/blonde hair.

but as for the tip and not the rambling. my mum told me when I was little that to make your hair grow long and strong you should do the final rinse when you've washed it with as cold water as possible.

I don't know if that's what made my hair so long or something else. ;) but can't harm you, eh?

I think one of the things is that the warm/hot water kinda "opens" your hair and stuff, to get it clean. and then the cold water "closes" it again, so it won't break as easily.

I might be wrong though.

and another one, something you might already know, you should always brush your hair only when it's really wet or completely dry. (not that I can be bothered to go by that advice every time though..)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Make at home brown sugar body scrub! it smells delish and is cheap.

2 tablespoons ground oats
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon almond oil or macadamia nut oil (olive oil or avocado oil is fine too)

Mix together, get wet and scrub yourself gently!

I love sephora.com Sure wish I had a Sephora store by me. Love Bare Escentuals mineral line, I never break out using it and it looks very natural. Also love Philosophy stuff. But I too, am a Body Shop addict. The Tea Tree line keeps me looking lovely!

Have to admit though, a good friend of mine sells Mary Kay and she's been pushing the stuff on me. Finally broke down and bought a set from her (really, just to be nice) and it wasn't bad. Not a fan of the moistureizer - I need something thicker I suppose but the powder foundation is pretty smooth for the days I'm looking a little rugged!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
    eMMI wrote:
    nice thread! :D

well.. I don't have any favourite products and such just yet.. I think. lol.

hmm. as for tips. I think I've shared this in some other thread before but what the hell. don't think yous have seen my hair but it's pretty darn long and in fairly good shape. I don't use any particular products on it, whatever I seem to have bought really. :D naturally always something meant for long/blonde hair.

but as for the tip and not the rambling. my mum told me when I was little that to make your hair grow long and strong you should do the final rinse when you've washed it with as cold water as possible.

I don't know if that's what made my hair so long or something else. ;) but can't harm you, eh?

I think one of the things is that the warm/hot water kinda "opens" your hair and stuff, to get it clean. and then the cold water "closes" it again, so it won't break as easily.

I might be wrong though.

and another one, something you might already know, you should always brush your hair only when it's really wet or completely dry. (not that I can be bothered to go by that advice every time though..)

I had heard that Ems. BUT it's bloody freezing here in winter! Not really my idea of fun to turn the cold water on in the shower! :eek: But I've been known to do it from time to time. Summer mostly! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Make at home brown sugar body scrub! it smells delish and is cheap.

2 tablespoons ground oats
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon almond oil or macadamia nut oil (olive oil or avocado oil is fine too)

Mix together, get wet and scrub yourself gently!

I love sephora.com Sure wish I had a Sephora store by me. Love Bare Escentuals mineral line, I never break out using it and it looks very natural. Also love Philosophy stuff. But I too, am a Body Shop addict. The Tea Tree line keeps me looking lovely!

Have to admit though, a good friend of mine sells Mary Kay and she's been pushing the stuff on me. Finally broke down and bought a set from her (really, just to be nice) and it wasn't bad. Not a fan of the moistureizer - I need something thicker I suppose but the powder foundation is pretty smooth for the days I'm looking a little rugged!

But for the aloe vera gel I reckon I'd have a very hard time not wanting to eat that scrub given! :D It sounds delish! Must give it a go!

Mary Kay wet/dry makeup is pretty good. Goes on moist with a sponge and dries to a powder finish. I always liked it and they have a particular lipstick that I'm fond of but haven't had in a while. Otherwise it's little bit over perfumed for me. I've got dodgy sensitive skin so I've got to be careful what goes on it. :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Does it leave a residue on your skin? I ran out of salt once and tried granulated sugar and I was stickily coated. But delicious, of course...

Oh yeah, the final cold water blast on hair makes a big diff for me too.
    This Hirudoid cream stuff seems to be working. :)

Not amazingly but I can see a difference after only a couple of days! :)

So maybe no more of this :o for me! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    yay I like this thread! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    yay I like this thread! :D

Me too foxy! :D

It reminded me to open and try that Strawberry body scrub that's been sitting in the bathroom for ever! Gee I smell purdee! Honey hair, strawberry skin and I'm just about to peppermint the teeth! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Jeanie wrote:
    I had heard that Ems. BUT it's bloody freezing here in winter! Not really my idea of fun to turn the cold water on in the shower! :eek: But I've been known to do it from time to time. Summer mostly! :D

it's freezing there? :p

I don't turn on the cold water and let in run on my entire body, I wouldn't like that.
    what I do is let the water flow on my hair only, by bending my neck down and letting my hair hang. :D if I don't want to, the water won't even touch my skalp.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Jeanie wrote:
    Gee I smell purdee!

jeanie, you crack me up!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    do any of you girls know of a permanent Pink hair dye?
    I've been using semi permanent manic panic for about a year now...applying it every 3-5 days is getting old.
    *actually more magenta than pink....but I'll take any pinky color.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    May I take up a seat and just be among you lovely beautiful women?

I wont talk, just smell, watch, and listen to ya'll talk about girlie stuff.

haha.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    eMMI wrote:
    it's freezing there? : p

I don't turn on the cold water and let in run on my entire body, I wouldn't like that.
    what I do is let the water flow on my hair only, by bending my neck down and letting my hair hang. : D if I don't want to, the water won't even touch my skalp.

:D Yes!! It's bloody freezing here! ;) I'm sensitive you know ems! None of that Arctic temperature for me! :eek:

See trouble for me lovely is that my hair just isn't even remotely as long as yours, so if I wanna do a cold rinse it's gonna get on my head and face and neck and shoulders! :eek: bbbbrrrrrrrrr.......better I do it in summer! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    kinetic wrote:
    jeanie, you crack me up!

:D hehe! :o Well nobody else is gonna tell me I smell nice so I gotta brag about it to myself! ;):p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    I've been using semi permanent manic panic for about a year now...applying it every 3-5 days is getting old.

Hiya waves. :) I had mine dyed a magenta pink a few years ago, after begging my hairdresser to do it for YEARS!! Finally she did it, but it didn't last a really long time, but I think that's because I wash my hair everyday, a big no no as far as the hairdresser is concerned! Anyway, I'm trying to remember the name of the stuff, coz it stayed in for quite a while just not as bright as the first week. I'm hunting about google to see what I can find. :)

Here's one but I don't think it's the one she used, but it says up to 40 washes. Even by my washing schedule that'd give you over a month! :D

http://www.beautyofasite.com/product-1171.html

I'll keep looking. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    chadwick wrote:
    May I take up a seat and just be among you lovely beautiful women?

I wont talk, just smell, watch, and listen to ya'll talk about girlie stuff.

haha.

:) You're always welcome sweetie. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    :) You're always welcome sweetie. :)

Thanks Jeanie.
    Sits and takes in the beauty
    that I am surrounded by.

Sniffs Jeanie's hair.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

:) Found this website too. I think it might be the Schwarzkopf Igora Extreme that the Hairdresser used, but there is a whole bunch of stuff about permanent colors at this link.

http://www.zyra.org.uk/hairdye.htm
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    chadwick wrote:
    Thanks Jeanie.
    Sits and takes in the beauty
    that I am surrounded by.

Sniffs Jeanie's hair.

:) hehe! It's that new honey conditioner I've been using from the Body Shop. It's yummy isn't it? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Jeanie wrote:
    :) Found this website too. I think it might be the Schwarzkopf Igora Extreme that the Hairdresser used, but there is a whole bunch of stuff about permanent colors at this link.

http://www.zyra.org.uk/hairdye.htm
    thanks I'll check it out :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    thanks I'll check it out :)

You're welcome. :) I'm sure that a few of the other girlies might be able to come up with some more for you. I think from memory that Jennytree has pink hair, I'll pm her, see what she uses. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    :) hehe! It's that new honey conditioner I've been using from the Body Shop. It's yummy isn't it? :)

Removes toast from the toaster.
    Spreads peanut-butter on the toast, then.
    Smears Jeanie's hair across the toast.
    Chomp yum.
    Nice honey hair flavored Australian toast spread.
    Or for hot tea.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Removes toast from the toaster.
    Spreads peanut-butter on the toast, then.
    Smears Jeanie's hair across the toast.
    Chomp yum.
    Nice honey hair flavored Australian toast spread.
    Or for hot tea.

Eeew!! You can't eat my hair chaddles! But I'll give you the conditioner bottle for your toast if you want! :D

Besides, toast is for Vegemite! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    From the Body Shop...anything Satsuma!! I love that smell.

Has anyone mentioned Loccitane products? They're the best creams I've ever used.

For those of us with oily skin the best product in the world is Dermadoctor's Tease Zone....I do not get shiny all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my two cents.

Oh yeah and Infusium 23. That's the only conditioner I'll ever use. I haven't had a single knot in years!!!

Anyone recommend a good eye cream? I've tried tons and I hate my crows feet...what can i say? I like to smile and laugh...but the lines......:(
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ