Yes, I think so too. :)

Can't believe I found some! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    justam wrote:
    Jasmine bursting from the dark on summer nights is what heaven might smell like.

:) Oh I LOVE that smell!

We only usually get jasmine here in the spring time, BUT the frangipani and gardenia on a summer night are truly blissful. :)

Heaven scent. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Jeanie wrote:
    haha!! good! good! get cracking! you are my guinea pig! :p

:D;)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    you are wrote:
    :D;)

Well??? :p Anything to report yet? ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

LOL, no, it just shipped out today. it will take about a week before i get it. i can't wait though! :p

Also, LUSH has the Retro Lush products on sale! it's on their website only, you can't buy the products in stores. Retro Lush are those products that have been previously discontinued. i've never tried any of them, but they look fun! :D
    You got to spend it all
    you are wrote:
    LOL, no, it just shipped out today. it will take about a week before i get it. i can't wait though! :p

Also, LUSH has the Retro Lush products on sale! it's on their website only, you can't buy the products in stores. Retro Lush are those products that have been previously discontinued. i've never tried any of them, but they look fun! :D

Ooh I wonder if they are doing that here with Lush? I'll have to go check out the Oz website and see. They're bound to be getting rid of stuff that I like! :D Cosmetic companies only ever get rid of my favorites! :D

Oh I'm busting to know about this hair stuff BEFORE I go to the hairdressers, because if it works well and you give it a gold star I won't get my hair colored. I'll try it myself. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

OK, so i've been using The Blonde shampoo bar for about a week and my hair IS a bit lighter. so far so good. the shampoo, in my opinion, smells like a guy's cologne and i love it. :D it doesn't take much to work up a good lather, and i have really thick hair. it cleans well, but i have to follow up with conditioner because it makes my hair squeaky clean and a bit dry. so i love it and i'm very impressed! :p
    You got to spend it all
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Anyhthing I try by this company is always very good. It was started on Greece by a pharmeceutical company that only uses organic ingredients. I get it from Sephora but if you look up Korres they link you to wear you can find it in your area. Recently, I have tried their tinted moistorizer and it is really good. It even smells good (in a light way). Try anything by them ; their lip butter is good too.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    you are wrote:
    OK, so i've been using The Blonde shampoo bar for about a week and my hair IS a bit lighter. so far so good. the shampoo, in my opinion, smells like a guy's cologne and i love it. :D it doesn't take much to work up a good lather, and i have really thick hair. it cleans well, but i have to follow up with conditioner because it makes my hair squeaky clean and a bit dry. so i love it and i'm very impressed! :p

Thanks for that! :)

So all over lighter? Do you have any existing blonde highlights in your hair?

hmmmm.....now I've really got some things to think about on the hair front. :confused::)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I've been using this eye shadow and I feckin love it :D

http://www.asos.com/Rimmel-London/Rimmel-London-Colour-Mousse-Eye-Shadow/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=258480&cid=4295&clr=Glitz&sh=0

It stays on FOREVER. If you go to bed drunk without wiping it off (comes off easily with make up remover) the next day, it's like you just put it on fresh :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Jeanie wrote:
    Thanks for that! :)

So all over lighter? Do you have any existing blonde highlights in your hair?

hmmmm.....now I've really got some things to think about on the hair front. :confused::)

yep, all over, and i don't have any existing highlights
    You got to spend it all
    you are wrote:
    yep, all over, and i don't have any existing highlights

Awesome!!! :)

Oh I'm all a flutter now!! What should I do? Try this stuff or dye out the blonde and go back to natural hair? :confused::o I just can't decide.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Awesome!!! :)

Oh I'm all a flutter now!! What should I do? Try this stuff or dye out the blonde and go back to natural hair? :confused::o I just can't decide.

what's your natural hair color? but most importantly, what color would you love more?

i've always wanted jet black hair, but i'll never dye it because i naturally have blonde hair.....and once you dye it, you have to keep doing something to maintain it. too much work for me. :o
    You got to spend it all
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Thanks for the reminder of Lush retro. OMG Rock Star soap - that is one of my favorites. My daughter says it smells kind of like the drink. Right now though I'm just using up soaps I've opened and used half of before I buy any new bars. Lush soap is nice because it doesn't smell soapy if that makes any sense.

you are - my hair is naturally dark brown, but I've been dyeing it jet black for probably 4 years. Before that i used to do all sorts of interesting colors, including dark purple, with light highlights. The black is much cheaper. I never color myself - I have a salon do it. The Lush shampoo I use usually is Trichomania, and Jungle conditioner (both are solid bars, which makes it easier with travel).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder of Lush retro. OMG Rock Star soap - that is one of my favorites. My daughter says it smells kind of like the drink. Right now though I'm just using up soaps I've opened and used half of before I buy any new bars. Lush soap is nice because it doesn't smell soapy if that makes any sense.

you are - my hair is naturally dark brown, but I've been dyeing it jet black for probably 4 years. Before that i used to do all sorts of interesting colors, including dark purple, with light highlights. The black is much cheaper. I never color myself - I have a salon do it. The Lush shampoo I use usually is Trichomania, and Jungle conditioner (both are solid bars, which makes it easier with travel).

yeah, i did the purple thing a few years ago. at that time, i had long hair so i did the lower half. so it looked like i dipped the ends of my hair in purple dye. it was fun, but i had to cut my hair to get rid of it. :o (it's grown back now) i really do love my color, i just wonder what i would look like with jet black hair and if i would like it. and i've been wanting to try Trichomania because it's made for curly hair AND it's coconut! :p
    You got to spend it all
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Ok, I've only washed my hair twice since I got it done... but I can tell ya the GHD thermal protector spray is absolutely brilliant. I walked to work this morning and it was drizzling rain... got to work and... :eek: NO FRIZZ... not a bit... hair still shiny and straight :eek: :) I love it.

http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/ghd-thermal-protectors-hairoil.php

Although, it could be the repair shampoo either :o but I doubt it.

http://www.lookfantastic.com/hair/wella-sp/repair/wella-sp-1.2-repair-shampoo.html
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    you are wrote:
    what's your natural hair color? but most importantly, what color would you love more?

i've always wanted jet black hair, but i'll never dye it because i naturally have blonde hair.....and once you dye it, you have to keep doing something to maintain it. too much work for me. :o

Dark blonde/Light brown depending on who you ask. :D

I like blonde but like you I'm a little over having to maintain it endlessly and the more often you go back to get the regrowth done the more blonde you end up with.

I'd love to try black but I dare not because I know I'd need a whole new wardrobe just for starters.

I really think I want it to go back to my natural color with no dye in it but I don't want to be looking back on photos of this trip in years to come and cursing the two tone hair thing I've got going on now. Plus I don't know, I think I'm a little over blonde for now. It's been blonde for a very long time.
    I've got another week to think about it. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Keep it clean, girls!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    one word...

sephora! :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    I used to always wear my hair natural and curly (see avatar)
    But a couple months ago...I cut a full fringe of bangs...(which are BANGING by the way)
    But now in order to make my hair look normal, I have to straighten it every day...which makes me very sad, because I miss my wavy hair.. but my bangs are so spunky I can't give up on them!!
    Any suggestions?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Curly bangs are a li'l odd, so I guess you could pin back the bangs in a pomp-style, or wear a hairband to keep them back while rockin' the waves. Or you could wear them as side-bangs instead of full on bangs.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I'm blowing the dust off of this thread! Two questions:

Any ladies here have eyelashes that are too curly? The Internet does not have a lot of advice for such a problem. :(

Also, who has the best makeup brushes? MAC? Estee Lauder? I need a new foundation brush, and I'm willing to pay good money if it will last.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    drivingrl wrote:

Any ladies here have eyelashes that are too curly? The Internet does not have a lot of advice for such a problem. :(

Also, who has the best makeup brushes? MAC? Estee Lauder? I need a new foundation brush, and I'm willing to pay good money if it will last.

I hear yah. My lashes are WAAAAYYY too curly. Very annoying. pfft! :roll: As for the makeup brushes go with Estee Lauder. Love them!!!! :mrgreen: Had mine for the LLLLOOOONNNNGGGGEEEESSSSTTTTT time and they are awesome. :lol:
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    I used to buy Estee Lauder mascara because it is really good, but they started animal testing again, so I won't buy from them anymore, but Clinique has a really good mascara called "Lash Power," which has a small brush that gets every lash. It's fantastic. Here's what it looks like:
    http://www.sephora.com/lash-power-masca ... Id=1060730
    drivingrl wrote:

Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Oops, I thought for some reason you were looking for a mascara! Sorry, it's been a long day. I've never tried any of the mentioned makeup brushes, but I have a set from Sephora that is pretty good. Well, if anyone was curious about mascara, see the above post.. ;) Moving on..Nothing to see here! :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Oops, I thought for some reason you were looking for a mascara! Sorry, it's been a long day. I've never tried any of the mentioned makeup brushes, but I have a set from Sephora that is pretty good. Well, if anyone was curious about mascara, see the above post.. ;) Moving on..Nothing to see here! :lol:

Yes, I used to use that mascara! It seemed like it never lasted long enough, though. Now I use a cheaper brand.

I'll look into Sephora's brushes, thanks for the tip! I got my last brush from Ulta, and it was doing the job until the pitbull ate it. :(
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    drivingrl wrote:

Yes, I used to use that mascara! It seemed like it never lasted long enough, though. Now I use a cheaper brand.

I'll look into Sephora's brushes, thanks for the tip! I got my last brush from Ulta, and it was doing the job until the pitbull ate it. :(

I don't wear make-up often anymore, but when I do- I wear SukiColor. However, I just use cheap brushes...like from Target. :lol: I can't tell the difference.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    there are some women dont need any make up or extras..are so beautiful,like Angels..
    at least i know one...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”