PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    kinetic wrote:
    am i the only one who gets a brazilian?

Ah waxing! I've only ever had that done once and I'm really in no hurry to repeat it! :eek: I'd love to hear if anyone knows of a good product that you could use at home. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    Jeanie wrote:
    Ah waxing! I've only ever had that done once and I'm really in no hurry to repeat it! :eek: I'd love to hear if anyone knows of a good product that you could use at home. :)

The only way I can do a Brazilian is at a salon, but the absolute best waxing at home kit is Moom. Painless.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • kinetic wrote:

Nope.

Seriously though I don't know how people can shave that area, the waxing doesn't bother me but I could never go back to shaving. Oddly enough I can't stand getting my lower legs waxed :confused:

I mentioned earlier the Biotherm Biosense is a great exfoliant if you wax. Best stuff ever.

Also would never try waxing at home and certainly not down there :eek:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I am ready to be waxed.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    I am ready to be waxed.

Don't you boys have your own beauty tips page? :p

What are you having waxed today, Chad? Or do we want to know? :eek: :p
    Don't you boys have your own beauty tips page? :p

What are you having waxed today, Chad? Or do we want to know? :eek: :p

Oooops,
    Wrong thread.
    My bad?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    chadwick wrote:
    I am ready to be waxed.

laser baby. THAT is the way to go. i still can't stop touching my own legs. :p hahaha.

another tip:
    liquid eyeliner. LOVE it. always have.

and i never, ever, ever...brush my hair. yikes! i am a curly-head. brushing=bad! i comb my hair ONLY when wet...and with a wide-tooth comb.

ooooooooooooo...and coca/shea butter ANYthing on your skin, especially striahgt out of the shower while still a bit damp....bliss for the skin!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chadwick wrote:
    Oooops,
    Wrong thread.
    My bad?

:p
    laser baby. THAT is the way to go. i still can't stop touching my own legs. :p hahaha.

another tip:

and i never, ever, ever...brush my hair. yikes! i am a curly-head. brushing=bad! i comb my hair ONLY when wet...and with a wide-tooth comb.

ooooooooooooo...and coca/shea butter ANYthing on your skin, especially striahgt out of the shower while still a bit damp....bliss for the skin!

A pair of silkened legs is absolutely outstanding.
    I'll pass on the eyeliner bit. (but thanks)
    And I to never brush my hair.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I am sittin here patiently waitin for you beautiful
    ladies to prance around givin out your secrets of
    beauty to one another.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this thread is pointless without pics :p
  • i rinsed my hair in cold water and it was EXHILARATING!
    i have long hair too and it got all over my back...don't know if i could do it every time though, YIKES
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • chadwick wrote:
    I am sittin here patiently waitin for you beautiful
    ladies to prance around givin out your secrets of
    beauty to one another.

Hello???? :confused:

We are busy waiting for pics in the other thread. This thread will be closed until further notice or until pics appear in the other thread :p
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    kinetic wrote:
    nope ;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    i rinsed my hair in cold water and it was EXHILARATING!
    i have long hair too and it got all over my back...don't know if i could do it every time though, YIKES

oh nice. :)

if you don't want the water to run all over your back the next time you do the cold water rinse, just wrap a towel around your head/hair before you get up. that is, if you did the rinse bent down and letting your hair hang down. :) that's what I do.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Hello???? :confused:

We are busy waiting for pics in the other thread. This thread will be closed until further notice or until pics appear in the other thread :p

You are damn funny S T B
    I just now seen this.

In all seriousness how does one add pics here?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Haven't read all the replies but wanted to comment on The Body Shop. I love their Vanilla Spice stuff. They only have it out at Christmas Time, should be out soon if it isn't yet!! I stock up on everything they have after the holidays. It smells soooo yummy!!

And I had heard of Lush but had never been to a store or their website. Just went to the website and am planning my order! LOL!!! And there is one fairly near me too. At the Galleria in MO. I may have to go there, but should probably wait until February when I get my tax refund!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    kinetic wrote:
    The only way I can do a Brazilian is at a salon, but the absolute best waxing at home kit is Moom. Painless.

Yeah, did a little search on google and I don't think it's available here, but it looks good. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I'll be waiting to hear the results! :)

Eucerin calming cream.....not the original is the best lotion\cream on the planet!!!

So I've put it on. ( Would you believe it's called Anusol? :D True story! )
    I'm not sure if it's having any effect yet, I guess I'll have to wait a little while and see what happens.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift

Ooh! I've got questions but the f**k am I gonna ask? ;)

So 2 questions dream, does it hurt? And is it expensive? Actually I've got a third, will they do underarms and bikini line? :)

another tip:

LOVE liquid eyeliner! Would have to be one of my fav cosmetics! I use Revlon Color Stay. It's brilliant! And so easy to apply. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    mindi wrote:
    Haven't read all the replies but wanted to comment on The Body Shop. I love their Vanilla Spice stuff. They only have it out at Christmas Time, should be out soon if it isn't yet!! I stock up on everything they have after the holidays. It smells soooo yummy!!

And I had heard of Lush but had never been to a store or their website. Just went to the website and am planning my order! LOL!!! And there is one fairly near me too. At the Galleria in MO. I may have to go there, but should probably wait until February when I get my tax refund!

I'm a huge fan of Body Shop mindi. I have their aloe vera moisturizer, shea body lotion, all the fruit soaps, several of the body butters and I use their Ginger Scalp Shampoo and the Honey Conditioner. Oh and their Peppermint feet range is awesome! Actually I love most of their stuff. The lip balms too! :) And I also love that they don't test on animals, they frequently run campaigns for the environment and on social issues, and you can return your packaging to them for recycling. Oh and they don't use any petroleum products. Yeah, I love Body Shop. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Jeanie wrote:
    No! I was the same Hels. Got all kinds of allergic reaction walking past the place and used to do it real quick with my hand over my nose and mouth and hold my breath till I got passed it other wise I'd start sneezing and my eyes would water. I'm not finding it quite so bad now. I still don't go in there much, but I can walk past without holding my breath. Don't know if they've got less smelly or I've just become accustomed to it. :)

We have some "dead sea" products here, I'm not sure of the brand name though. I'll have to suss it out. Thanks. :)
    Yep, I really can't breathe walking past. I try holding my breath but then like I said people walk slowly lol, so I've almost passed out by the time I get past it. Maybe I'll try going in one of these days and see if I can get used to it :o

Seriously... try ahava and you won't be disappointed... I think there are places in australia where you can buy. It may be slightly expensive but it's not completely ridiculous prices and it's soooooo worth it. I'm gonna start ordering online.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chadwick wrote:
    You are damn funny S T B
    I just now seen this.

In all seriousness how does one add pics here?

Thank you, Chad :)

You really need to have an online photo album that you have uploaded your photos into and then post the URL. Just make sure you post the pic link and not the album so people can't go in and mess about with it. That is about as tech savvy as I get :P

Jeanie, you can get all those things done with laser.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121

another tip:

Yes on both the liquid eyeliner I LOVE IT, and MAC's gels that work like a liquid. Benefit also has a pot that works like liquid as well. All are good.

I never brush either. It only makes hair frizzy! For wet, combed hair Charles Worthington mousse is a GODSEND.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Jeanie wrote:
    So I've put it on. ( Would you believe it's called Anusol? :D True story! )
    I'm not sure if it's having any effect yet, I guess I'll have to wait a little while and see what happens.

LOVELY name. Shouldn't the effect be immdiate? I use Benefit's Oh la la lift during the day. Seems to help a bit with the puffy bags under my eyes.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    Thank you, Chad :)

You really need to have an online photo album that you have uploaded your photos into and then post the URL. Just make sure you post the pic link and not the album so people can't go in and mess about with it. That is about as tech savvy as I get :P

I am confused

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    I am confused

Darlin, join the club ;)

No really are you confused??? We can always help :)
    Yep, I really can't breathe walking past. I try holding my breath but then like I said people walk slowly lol, so I've almost passed out by the time I get past it. Maybe I'll try going in one of these days and see if I can get used to it :o

Seriously... try ahava and you won't be disappointed... I think there are places in australia where you can buy. It may be slightly expensive but it's not completely ridiculous prices and it's soooooo worth it. I'm gonna start ordering online.

I went past there today and I thought of you Hels as I held my breath! :D

I will check out the ahava. Probably not this week but someone will have it at the mall I'm sure. :) I'm pretty sure I've seen them selling some kind of Dead Sea cosmetics there at some point. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift

Thanks love. :) Is it expensive?
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Lizardjam wrote:
    LOVELY name. Shouldn't the effect be immdiate? I use Benefit's Oh la la lift during the day. Seems to help a bit with the puffy bags under my eyes.

Charming isn't it? :rolleyes: ;):D

Yeah, so there was no immediate effect, and I'd go so far as to say that this morning when I woke up my eyes were puffier! So I don't know that it helped at all! I'll give it another go, but at this stage I'm not impressed.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift