PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So today I discovered Hirudoid Cream, which according to the packet is for bruises and swelling, treatment of scars and various inflammatory conditions of the veins.

I thought I might try it on these little broken capillaries that I've been getting on my face. AND amazingly it seems to be working! Which is great because I was thinking I'd have to have saline injected into my face to get them to go away! :eek:

So that got me thinking about haemorrhoid cream and how women have been known to use it to help with puffy eyes. I got myself a tube of that too! :D

Just wondering if anybody had tried either of these and how they went or if you have any other little beauty tips you'd like to share? Bit like a girlie makeover party! So pop on your jimmy jams, grab a glass of vino and come talk to me! :)
NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    this sounds like fun! :)

not sure what sort of tips i can provide, not like i know a whole helluva lot haha but one company whose products i absolutely *adore* is lush: http://www.lush.com/

they had me with the name alone :D

they got some of the most delicious handmade soaps, creams, i'm currently an addict for the silky underwear dusting powder....positively divine! if you are fortunate enough to have a shop nearby, do pop in, it's an indulgence for all the senses :)
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446

not sure what sort of tips i can provide, not like i know a whole helluva lot haha but one company whose products i absolutely *adore* is lush: http://www.lush.com/

they got some of the most delicious handmade soaps, creams, i'm currently an addict for the silky underwear dusting powder....positively divine! if you are fortunate enough to have a shop nearby, do pop in, it's an indulgence for all the senses :)

We've got lush here too chiq. But I have a bit of a problem with the overwhelming smell of the place. But their stuff does look lovely. Mum uses their henna to do her hair.
    I'm more of a Body Shop girl. Do you have that there?

http://www.thebodyshop.com.au/

Their fruit soaps are just beautiful and the body butters and lotions are yummy! Oh and I love the Born Lippy lip balms. :) I'm just putting on some Mango Peach now! :) mmmmm....
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    We've got lush here too chiq. But I have a bit of a problem with the overwhelming smell of the place. But their stuff does look lovely. Mum uses their henna to do her hair.
    I'm more of a Body Shop girl. Do you have that there?

http://www.thebodyshop.com.au/

Their fruit soaps are just beautiful and the body butters and lotions are yummy! Oh and I love the Born Lippy lip balms. :) I'm just putting on some Mango Peach now! :) mmmmm....
    yeah i see what you mean, the scent can be quite intense in there! mail-order is probably better in that regard haha i just love how they have stuff laid out in there too :) i've been to body shop, years ago...after i found lush though i didn't go back. mango peach sounds delicious!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I love the body shop...especially the body butters. That stuff is great in the winter. I also like bath and body works.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    yeah i see what you mean, the scent can be quite intense in there! mail-order is probably better in that regard haha i just love how they have stuff laid out in there too :) i've been to body shop, years ago...after i found lush though i didn't go back. mango peach sounds delicious!

Oh I love looking in the window and I do venture in some days when it's not too overpowering. But I've yet to buy anything. Which has been difficult I must say! :) But it is cool how they have everything in big chunks and all the pretty colors and stuff.

Yeah, the mango peach is very delicious, but my favorite is the passion berry, but I keep that in my hand bag. :)

And their coconut body butter mmmmm just beautiful! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    libragirl wrote:
    I love the body shop...especially the body butters. That stuff is great in the winter. I also like bath and body works.

Which one is your favorite? I'm really partial to the coconut and I just love the olive! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Oh I love looking in the window and I do venture in some days when it's not too overpowering. But I've yet to buy anything. Which has been difficult I must say! : ) But it is cool how they have everything in big chunks and all the pretty colors and stuff.

Yeah, the mango peach is very delicious, but my favorite is the passion berry, but I keep that in my hand bag. : )

And their coconut body butter mmmmm just beautiful! :)
    the tricky part for me when i go in is to not buy EVERYTHING :o haha i do need to go back soon because i'm running low on my lite lip balm. and i wanna restock on some bath bombs and soaps too. and maybe a hand cream. and...and...and haha

coconut body butter sounds intriguing, i'll have to pop into a shop sometime and check it out :)
    Jeanie wrote:
    Which one is your favorite? I'm really partial to the coconut and I just love the olive! :)

Coconut is my favorite but I like em all. I love the cherry blossom scent at bath and body works...but sweet pea is nice too :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • 2 times a month I'll mix about a tb of baking soda with my shampoo and scrub my hair then deep condition it. It makes my hair SHINE! It gets all the gunk off my scalp. I learned this trick when I was in London and got my hair cut at a fancy salon.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
    the tricky part for me when i go in is to not buy EVERYTHING :o haha i do need to go back soon because i'm running low on my lite lip balm. and i wanna restock on some bath bombs and soaps too. and maybe a hand cream. and...and...and haha

coconut body butter sounds intriguing, i'll have to pop into a shop sometime and check it out :)

:D you sound like me when I get into Body Shop chiq! I struggle to just go in and by soap. And lately I've been using their Ginger Shampoo which has made a huge difference to my scalp! AND the Honey Conditioner which leaves your hair smelling just beautiful and so soft!

All the body butters are beautiful. I just like coconut coz it reminds me of summer. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    libragirl wrote:
    Coconut is my favorite but I like em all. I love the cherry blossom scent at bath and body works...but sweet pea is nice too :)

I don't think we've got bath and body works here. Well not that I've seen anyway.

How yummy is the shea body butter? Smells like caramel to me. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    2 times a month I'll mix about a tb of baking soda with my shampoo and scrub my hair then deep condition it. It makes my hair SHINE! It gets all the gunk off my scalp. I learned this trick when I was in London and got my hair cut at a fancy salon.

Can you do it on colored hair? Sounds great! Thanks for that! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I don't think we've got bath and body works here. Well not that I've seen anyway.

How yummy is the shea body butter? Smells like caramel to me. :)

yeah it is yummy....sometimes i feel like eating it...lol
  • this sounds like fun! :)

D'oh, you've just made me go to that horrible delicious website and you've made me realise that I'm gonna be near a lush-shop tomorrow and that I've run out of flying fox-shower gel and aaaaaaaaaah!
    Ways to spend money...
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    using conditioner to shave your legs works wonderfully.
    leaves them so soft.

thats all i've got.
    Nice shirt.
    D'oh, you've just made me go to that horrible delicious website and you've made me realise that I'm gonna be near a lush-shop tomorrow and that I've run out of flying fox-shower gel and aaaaaaaaaah!
    Ways to spend money...
    whoops, sorry :D haha
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    I'm a big fan of the Bare Minerals eyeshadows. I also like the shimmery blushes that Mac has.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    using conditioner to shave your legs works wonderfully.
    leaves them so soft.

thats all i've got.
    that's a good one....baby oil works great too for a smooth close shave, but it gets the tub all greasy:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    libragirl wrote:

OMG I love The Body Shop. I used to just buy my face wash there. Now my bathroom looks like a Body Shop store. I love the Seaweed line. It's been one of the only lines that work on my face that I've used in a long time.

Put lotion in your hair overnight. Something really heavy like a body butter. It's really gross but it's a great moisturizer and makes your hair shiney. I'm going to have to try the baking soda.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    libragirl wrote:

I love Bath and Body works! (Cherry Blossom is my favorite scent) MAC cosmetics are wonderful. They have great moisterizers for day and night!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i don't know if anyone has said this or not, but preparation H is good for sun burns.....it takes the burn out.....for real. :o
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    you are wrote:
    i don't know if anyone has said this or not, but preparation H is good for sun burns.....it takes the burn out.....for real. :o

I actually have heard that before!
    "What a stupid lamb."

thanks! this looks like fun! i'll have to try some :p
    You got to spend it all
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Sorry to interrupt, but if you wanted a thread that would go unread by the homophobic men on these boards, this is the one!
    :)

ok, carry-on!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Sorry to interrupt, but if you wanted a thread that would go unread by the homophobic men on these boards, this is the one!
    :)

ok, carry-on!

LOL
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • i have a question about flat irons
    anybody use one?
    i've had the same one for years and it's finally falling apart, I bought a new one and it doesn't get nearly hot enough!
    anyone know about these things?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
    I actually have heard that before!

the lady that cuts my hair told me that one, so i tried it, and it worked!
    You got to spend it all
    i have a question about flat irons
    anybody use one?
    i've had the same one for years and it's finally falling apart, I bought a new one and it doesn't get nearly hot enough!
    anyone know about these things?

yes, Helen of Troy is a good brand but Jilbere de Paris ceramic tools are better. ceramic is easier on your hair and that brand (Jilbere de Paris) is one of the best. you can get them at Sally Beauty Supply.
    You got to spend it all
    I use a cheap one by conair. It has adjustable heat which is good. I really don't like using flat irons too much since it fries my hair. I hear Chi makes a good one.
  • I love LUSH. Their bath bombs are just a little bit of heaven :D We sadly don't have one here but I have a small stockpile of bathbombs. I must try the dusting powder you speak of, chiqs as you have mentioned it before.

I make sure to exfoliate about twice a week.. makes a big difference.

I also suggest Biotherm bisenses exfoliant for the body it is a DREAM to prevent ingrown hairs :eek: :o