PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Jeanie wrote:
    ooh me too! :D I love to try out new things! I just wish you could buy the sample sizes to try instead of investing in something only to discover that it's not for you after only a few weeks. My bathroom cabinet is full of stuff like that! Very expensive stuff like that! :(

So true! In Italy they always give you samples to try out when you go buy stuff. I miss that here... :(

Also, there are dedicated shops for stuff like this and the shop assistants help you based on your needs and requirements, not because they have to sell you the products of the counters they're working from.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    lgt wrote:
    So true! In Italy they always give you samples to try out when you go buy stuff. I miss that here... :(

Also, there are dedicated shops for stuff like this and the shop assistants help you based on your needs and requirements, not because they have to sell you the products of the counters they're working from.

Actually there's a couple of department stores here that will do that, and I have found the girls at the Body Shop really good at giving you samples of stuff to try, which has worked in their favor because once I like something, and I'm happy with the service, I'm a very loyal customer! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jennytree wrote:
    the body butter is actually pretty good for hands too... either that or nutrogena/atrixo hand creams. I found that any other ones are too greasy and don't do anything... my hands fall to bits in the winter time :(

Good old fashioned Nivea Creme works wonders on my hands.... every where else to! it's a must for me :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    So I'm wondering has anybody had fantastic plastic done at all?
    I'm just curious about some of the less invasive techniques. If anyone knows about them? :)

And also has anyone tried Bio Oil? :) I'm thinking of getting some and I'm just wondering what others experiences might be before I do. :)

http://www.bio-oil.info/en/home
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Jeanie wrote:
    ooh me too! :D I love to try out new things! I just wish you could buy the sample sizes to try instead of investing in something only to discover that it's not for you after only a few weeks. My bathroom cabinet is full of stuff like that! Very expensive stuff like that! :(

Honestly, that's what made me switch to more upscale products as opposed to drugstore. At department stores they work with you to get your right color, and you can get samples and stuff. Like yesterday I was in Toronto (and BACK at a MAC store cause I didn't get everything I wanted last weekend heh) but they let you try everything or match your color so what you buy is going to work. I'll spend if I like a product but I use what I have and don't waste much.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    Honestly, that's what made me switch to more upscale products as opposed to drugstore. At department stores they work with you to get your right color, and you can get samples and stuff. Like yesterday I was in Toronto (and BACK at a MAC store cause I didn't get everything I wanted last weekend heh) but they let you try everything or match your color so what you buy is going to work. I'll spend if I like a product but I use what I have and don't waste much.

This is true. :) I did spend quite a bit of time getting all kitted out with Estee Lauder a few years ago and the girls couldn't be more helpful. Had the facial and the makeover and came away with a bunch of samples and the like. And they were always helpful when I went back. I think I was a customer of theirs for several years, but my skin changed, I wasn't able to wear make up as much, and I also wanted to go with more environmentally friendly/animal friendly choices. So now I just zip in for my Clinique Beauty soap, which is $25 last time I purchased it, but it lasts nearly 12 months. So it's a bargain! I don't mind spending if I'm getting a great product, good value for money and excellent service. Which is why I was disappointed when I went back and bought the Night Repair at $125 on special at Christmas time and it didn't seem to do the same job that it had always done. But it could be my skin again and not so much the product. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

And also has anyone tried Bio Oil? :) I'm thinking of getting some and I'm just wondering what others experiences might be before I do. :)

http://www.bio-oil.info/en/home

What a coincidence! I just bought as it was on some discount offer and I'm on a oil kick right now, as I figured it might help with maintaining skin elasticity.

Well, I have to report that the smell is definitely NOT to my liking - bearable, but yeah, not that great at all (I am into smells and fragrances too :o:D).

It leaves skin nice and soft, which is all that matters, I guess.

As for its alleged scar fading qualities, cannot report anything yet, but not holding out too much hope, to be honest.

Oh, I used it as moisturiser, not as drops in the bath.

P.S. I did say I am a products junkie! :D
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i just ordered some Lush products:

the happy pill
    in the nude
    king of skin
    pop in the bath

i can't wait! :p i'm sure i'm going to love everything! :D
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Anyone use juice beauty? I had a couple of samples from sephora. It's made out of fruit juices and is all natural. The moisturizer is really nice. Im thinking of buying it.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • you are wrote:
    i just ordered some Lush products:

the happy pill
    in the nude
    king of skin
    pop in the bath

i can't wait! :p i'm sure i'm going to love everything! :D
    yaaaaaay :D

i need to go pay lush a visit soon myself. running low on lip balm :eek: horrors! haha

i got a mani/pedi today, first time i've gotten a manicure actually (we'll see how long it lasts, the way i thrash my hands haha), sheer pink on my fingertips, candy apple red on me toes :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

i need to go pay lush a visit soon myself. running low on lip balm :eek: horrors! haha

i got a mani/pedi today, first time i've gotten a manicure actually (we'll see how long it lasts, the way i thrash my hands haha), sheer pink on my fingertips, candy apple red on me toes :D

Yummy:

I do sooooo enjoy fingernails all done up nice and toes too.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    Yummy:

I do sooooo enjoy fingernails all done up nice and toes too.
    hehee i have someone who appreciates it too so yep, it's a good time for everybody :D haha
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651

yes! and here are my thoughts....if i can get the Lush craze going in my town then maybe they'll catch on and they'll have to open a store here. :o it's worth a shot! ;)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Don't do any work! That's how my hands are so supersoft... definitely don't do dishes, that stuff KILLS your hands... get someone else to do them for ya. don't clean either.

aactually, doing the dishes is bad at first.. but then it kinda does good too. :confused: at least seems like it.. since I can't remember when was the last time I remembered to put on hand lotion but my hands are still soft.. :o and I do wash the dished by hand. I do have a dishwasher but why the hell would I use when it's just my dishes? :D

oh, then again, my sis always claims my hands are too ( :rolleyes: ) soft all the time anyway.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    aactually, doing the dishes is bad at first.. but then it kinda does good too. :confused: at least seems like it.. since I can't remember when was the last time I remembered to put on hand lotion but my hands are still soft.. :o and I do wash the dished by hand. I do have a dishwasher but why the hell would I use when it's just my dishes?

oh, then again, my sis always claims my hands are too ( :rolleyes: ) soft all the time anyway.
    :D I don't think I've ever used handcream and I rarely do dishes and my hands are really soft :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    lgt wrote:
    What a coincidence!

Sorry lgt. I can't see anyone saying that now without thinking of Deidre Chambers in Muriel's Wedding! :D
    lgt wrote:
    I just bought as it was on some discount offer and I'm on a oil kick right now, as I figured it might help with maintaining skin elasticity.

Well, I have to report that the smell is definitely NOT to my liking - bearable, but yeah, not that great at all (I am into smells and fragrances too :o:D).

It leaves skin nice and soft, which is all that matters, I guess.

As for its alleged scar fading qualities, cannot report anything yet, but not holding out too much hope, to be honest.

Oh, I used it as moisturiser, not as drops in the bath.

P.S. I did say I am a products junkie! :D

Funnily enough it's on a discount offer here at the moment too, which is why I'm thinking of getting it. Anyway, my Nan said she'd get it for me at the shop near here where it's on special, so I guess I'll have to wait and see if she remembered and then give it a go and get back to you. :)
    I can't see me using it in the bath though, I never have them. So I think I'll be using it as a moisturizer too.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Sorry lgt. I can't see anyone saying that now without thinking of Deidre Chambers in Muriel's Wedding! :D

oh oh cultural reference lost! must rewatch that movie! :)
    lgt wrote:
    oh oh cultural reference lost! must rewatch that movie! : )

Sorry! :o She's the "beauty consultant" that's having the affair with Muriel's Dad. She keeps popping up saying, "Bill! What a coincidence!" :D
    I tried to find a youtube of her but obviously she isn't considered important enough!
    I love that movie! It's one of my all time favorites! My Mum and I actually call each other Muriel, because "we're terrible!" :D
    You should watch it again, but maybe it's not your thing? Perhaps it is more of an Aussie thing? :)

On a beauty note, I just had a shower and used my new tube of Clinique Sparkle Skin body exfoliating creame followed by the Deep Comfort body butter and the Continuous Rescue antioxidant moisturizer. I'm feeling pretty fetching! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Sorry! She's the "beauty consultant" that's having the affair with Muriel's Dad. She keeps popping up saying, "Bill! What a coincidence!" :D
    I tried to find a youtube of her but obviously she isn't considered important enough!
    I love that movie! It's one of my all time favorites! My Mum and I actually call each other Muriel, because "we're terrible!"
    You should watch it again, but maybe it's not your thing? Perhaps it is more of an Aussie thing?

No, don't think so! :) I remember I enjoyed it, although at the time, I must have had some difficulties with the accent! :D

Talking of movies from down under I've seen a really cool/quirky romantic comedy called Eagle Vs Shark - have you watched it? really good!

Or maybe it's from New Zealand though... OPS! :D
    Jeanie wrote:
    On a beauty note, I just had a shower and used my new tube of Clinique Sparkle Skin body exfoliating creame followed by the Deep Comfort body butter and the Continuous Rescue antioxidant moisturizer. I'm feeling pretty fetching!

I'm using Lush Buffy the backside slayer as exfoliator! It kicks ass! :D

PS sorry Jeanie, had to delete your smilies to make way for mine!
    lgt wrote:
    No, don't think so! : ) I remember I enjoyed it, although at the time, I must have had some difficulties with the accent! : D

I keep telling you folk WE don't have an accent! It's YOU that have the accent! ;)
    lgt wrote:
    Talking of movies from down under I've seen a really cool/quirky romantic comedy called Eagle Vs Shark - have you watched it? really good!

Or maybe it's from New Zealand though... OPS! : D

I've not heard of it, so I can't say if it's Aussie or Kiwi, but no matter, we're all ANZACS! :D I'll have to hunt it out and see. :)

lgt wrote:
    I'm using Lush Buffy the backside slayer as exfoliator! It kicks ass! : D

Gee they have some FABULOUS names for their products! I might have to hunt that one out, it sounds good! And I LOVE the name! :)
    lgt wrote:
    PS sorry Jeanie, had to delete your smilies to make way for mine!

Perfectly ok by me, I reciprocated anyway! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Jeanie wrote:
    I keep telling you folk WE don't have an accent! It's YOU that have the accent! ;)

This reminded me of this one time when I went to see Rush. We were really early so we went around the back of the venue to see what was going on and Larry Allen (Neil's drum tech at the time) and Geddy's guitar tech were out there. We were talking to them but we all kept having to repeat what we said. At one point I said you guys have a pretty thick accent and they said no we don't you guys do! LOL!!!!

And I am still wanting to try Lush stuff but am really thinking I'll wait until tax refund time because I know I am going to want to spend some $$$$$

Body Shop keeps sending me emails and I get so tempted!!

I have started using a new shampoo, Jason Biotin Shampoo. I have been eating low carb and my hair was falling out pretty badly, this is supposed to help. So far I really like it, but haven't been using it long enough to notice a difference yet.
    I also heard I should take biotin pills to help hair growth and it is even supposed to help with eyelash growth if you have sparse eyelashes.
    And help strengthen nails.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    This reminded me of this one time when I went to see Rush. We were really early so we went around the back of the venue to see what was going on and Larry Allen (Neil's drum tech at the time) and Geddy's guitar tech were out there. We were talking to them but we all kept having to repeat what we said. At one point I said you guys have a pretty thick accent and they said no we don't you guys do! LOL!!!!.

hehe! :D EXACTLY!! I found it so weird when I was in Europe because for the first time I could actually hear my Aussie accent when I was speaking.
    mindi wrote:
    And I am still wanting to try Lush stuff but am really thinking I'll wait until tax refund time because I know I am going to want to spend some $$$$$

Body Shop keeps sending me emails and I get so tempted!!.

I was in Body Shop this week and got some more Honey Conditioner and my favorite fruit soaps! mmmm....love that stuff! And I confess that all this talk of Lush actually has me contemplating going in there!
    mindi wrote:
    I have started using a new shampoo, Jason Biotin Shampoo. I have been eating low carb and my hair was falling out pretty badly, this is supposed to help. So far I really like it, but haven't been using it long enough to notice a difference yet.
    I also heard I should take biotin pills to help hair growth and it is even supposed to help with eyelash growth if you have sparse eyelashes.
    And help strengthen nails.

mindi, not to get personal, but I've recently had problems with hair loss, and I discovered it was because of an IUD that I had, which I've now had removed and my gynae was saying that some oral contraceptives can also cause hair loss, so if that applies to you at all perhaps you should have it checked out? Just something to consider. Now that it's out my hair is no longer failing out. :)
    I am also taking Herron's Hair, Skin and Nails with Biotin amongst other things and my nails have been growing really strong and long for the first time ever, and my hair is doing much better than it was. Not so sure about the skin though. But I would definitely recommend the Biotin. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Thought you'd like to know that I've FINALLY succumbed! :D

Held my breath and marched on in to LUSH tonight and did a little shopping.
    And strangely once I was in there the overwhelming odour seemed to finally settle down and my eyes stopped watering!

Anyway, I bought some Buffy the Backside Slayer on lgt's recommendation.
    A 3 pack of soap called the Dreamboat Stack which has Extra Virgin Olive,
    Bohemian and Sea Vegetable soaps in a really cool stack and for the bargain price of $20! :D

And the really nice girl gave me sample pots of Sympathy for Skin and Dream Cream to try and a 10% Discount voucher for each of them if I come back and purchase. :)

AND she gave me a copy of Lush Times! All in all a very excellent first visit! :p

I'll report back when I've tried everything! I told her what a bunch of LUSH addicts you all are! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Looks like it's been a very productive visit to Lush, Jeanie!!! :)
    lgt wrote:
    Looks like it's been a very productive visit to Lush, Jeanie!!! :)

Sure was! :D

Actually all round I'd say it was a very successful evening shopping! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • woohooo jeanie! :D
    woohooo jeanie! :D

Well nobody could ever accuse me of not being a good shopper! :D

I've actually got that Sympathy for skin stuff on my left hand and it's SOOOOO soft now the skin! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Well nobody could ever accuse me of not being a good shopper! :D

I've actually got that Sympathy for skin stuff on my left hand and it's SOOOOO soft now the skin! :)
    that cream is SOOOO good, i need to pick up a pot next time.

or jsut back a truck up to the front door :o haha

i love the free samples you can get, they're like dealers....the first taste is free haha
    that cream is SOOOO good, i need to pick up a pot next time.

or jsut back a truck up to the front door :o haha

i love the free samples you can get, they're like dealers....the first taste is free haha

She gave me a sample of that Sympathy and also the Dream Cream. Whichever one has the banana in it is the one that's made my left hand really soft! :) I prefer the fragrance of the other one, it's got lavender in it, but my right hand is not as soft. :)

She was so nice the girl when I explained that I wasn't sure which one and that I can get allergic reactions to some stuff. But I've had this stuff on for hours now and no reaction! :D I can see I'm gonna have a real problem now that I've succumbed and I'm liking the stuff! I can feel an addiction coming on! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    To quote Kimmy, "I'm loving myself sick at the moment!" :D

I've had the shower, I buffed with buffy, washed with the bohemian and followed it all up with that Synpathy for Skin in all its banana-ry goodness!

AND I FEEL AWESOME!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift