Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    mammasan wrote:
    What a horrible ending to a great show.

Horrible heck no, it just made sense to leave us thinking. Was Tony just gonna get killed, or the entire family?
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    creativity can suck my dirty cock

that was awful

phil's head getting smushed... very nice

the fucking mob brady bunch getting back together... not so much
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Horrible heck no, it just made sense to leave us thinking. Was Tony just gonna get killed, or the entire family?

I understand but the manner in which it was done was horrible.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473

personally, I think no one was getting killed

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    personally, I think no one was getting killed

See we all have different ideas what was going to happen. It makes the DVD sales go up cause we love this dam show so much. hehe
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    Should of been something more concrete, Chase just left it open for movie possibilities

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The best part was Paulie and the fucking cat. The killing of Phil needed to be more dramatized I thought. I watched expecting Meadow to be killed because I accidentaly heard it was going to happen. And then they end the show with Journey. I'm sorry but that was not very good.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    lame ending. I am somewhat disappointed. Only hi-light was the dude who puked at the gas station when the car rolled on Phil's head.

Question...anyone think that cat was Adriana recarnated?
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    The best part was Paulie and the fucking cat. The killing of Phil needed to be more dramatized I thought. I watched expecting Meadow to be killed because I accidentaly heard it was going to happen. And then they end the show with Journey. I'm sorry but that was not very good.

Phil's head as a speed bump isn't dramatic?
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    lame ending. I am somewhat disappointed. Only hi-light was the dude who puked at the gas station when the car rolled on Phil's head.

That was funny. It reminded me of the scene from last week outside of the strip joint where you had a crowd watching a hit that included a naked women next to a man in a priest outfit.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Phil's head as a speed bump isn't dramatic?

You didn't even really see who killed Phil. During the opening credits when I saw David Chase wrote and directed it I was just expecting someting better.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    bostonlou wrote:
    creativity can suck my dirty cock

that was awful

phil's head getting smushed... very nice

the fucking mob brady bunch getting back together... not so much

i guess it's just a little too cerebral and inaccessible for some.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    You didn't even really see who killed Phil. During the opening credits when I saw David Chase wrote and directed it I was just expecting someting better.

Ok I understand, but the sound of Phil's head was sounded even better than what it would have looked like. Great audio editing.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:

I can't remember his name but it was the guy who was curling the dumb bell at Satriale's when the cat was staring at Chris's picture.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I can't remember his name but it was the guy who was curling the dumb bell at Satriale's when the cat was staring at Chris's picture.

He was also in Band Of Brothers
  • Options
    He was also in Band Of Brothers

Bill Garnier
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    That was funny. It reminded me of the scene from last week outside of the strip joint where you had a crowd watching a hit that included a naked women next to a man in a priest outfit.

My husband and I outright laughed at that scene. All in all, just lame. They could had done another season to wrap things up much better, or even just 2-3 more shows. I don't think they will be a movie so why so many loose ends. Like they made it this cliff hanger of a show which would be fine if it was the end of the season not the end of the series!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    My husband and I outright laughed at that scene. All in all, just lame. They could had done another season to wrap things up much better, or even just 2-3 more shows. I don't think they will be a movie so why so many loose ends. Like they made it this cliff hanger of a show which would be fine if it was the end of the season not the end of the series!

I think the cliffhanger idea is a good one. It leaves the ending up to the individual. If you are one of the people who wanted Tony to get out of this untouched then he did. or if you where one of the people who wanted Tony to get his then he did.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    mammasan wrote:
    I think the cliffhanger idea is a good one. It leaves the ending up to the individual. If you are one of the people who wanted Tony to get out of this untouched then he did. or if you where one of the people who wanted Tony to get his then he did.

It's a lazy way to end one of TVs most popular series... the creator showed no balls with this... and who really gives a fuck about AJ anyways? The whole season seemed to revolve around him... WEAK...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    It's a lazy way to end one of TVs most popular series... the creator showed no balls with this... and who really gives a fuck about AJ anyways? The whole season seemed to revolve around him... WEAK...

actually, he's the one of very few in the entertainment industry that HAS balls. he challenges his audience to think for themselves instead of having everything spoon fed to them.

• Options
    actually, he's the one of very few in the entertainment industry that HAS balls. he challenges his audience to think for themselves instead of having everything spoon fed to them.

nope... he sucks major asshole with this episode... so much bullshit filler with AJ and Tony's stupid crew. You dont further develop characters in a season finally you end it. "Oh, I'll just let the viewers come up with their own ending" :rolleyes: WEAK

David Chase HAD balls... now they are shriveled raisins in the sun
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options

him and David Simon of 'The Wire'
  • Options
    him and David Simon of 'The Wire'

You cant compare The Wire to The Sorpranos... David Chase wishes he could write The Wire, and with this crap? He should go write sit coms...
  • Options
    You cant compare The Wire to The Sorpranos... David Chase wishes he could write The Wire, and with this crap? He should go write sit coms...

Cool a fan of The Wire...I'm not a big Sopranos fan, but I love The Wire.
  • Options
    nope... he sucks major asshole with this episode... so much bullshit filler with AJ and Tony's stupid crew. You dont further develop characters in a season finally you end it. "Oh, I'll just let the viewers come up with their own ending" :rolleyes: WEAK

David Chase HAD balls... now they are shriveled raisins in the sun

i think this is more your speed:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362153/

• Options
    Cool a fan of The Wire...I'm not a big Sopranos fan, but I love The Wire.

Best TV Show ever man... cant wait for the 5th and final this fall
  • Options
    i think this is more your speed:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362153/

You took the time to link that to make this personal? Get a life...
  • Options
    Best TV Show ever man... cant wait for the 5th and final this fall

I have yet to see season 4...waiting for either the DVD or HBO on Demand...for now I'm filling the void by watching Homicide.

Edit: I just watched the first 3 seasons earlier this year.
  • Options
    You took the time to link that to make this personal? Get a life...

it took all of 3 seconds. and coming from a person with your post count and join date--isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

• Options
    I have yet to see season 4...waiting for either the DVD or HBO on Demand...for now I'm filling the void by watching Homicide.

Edit: I just watched the first 3 seasons earlier this year.

Season 4 is just as strong as the others... its all about the kids though so it has a different vibe. My favorite is Season 3...