Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
It's almost time to slip into the velour sweatsuit, dip some nice crusty bread into a plate of gravy, pour a glass of chianti, sit back and catch up with la famiglia!

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/closeup/sopranos?id=20060309124009990001

YAY!!! I can't wait. I've missed those psychos, I mean, fuggetaboutit. It'll be on in less that 4 hours... bada BING! ;)
Life is the riddle
Of which we're caught in the middle.
A couple of lucky ones
Tangled up in too much love
~cowboy junkies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    yup its been a long 21 months...
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    WooooHooooHoooo!!! I can't believe the long wait is finally over. Looking forward to some bad language, lots of killing, and Tony....THE man. :)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    woo yeah I can't wait...I'm actually going to go put up with my dad just so I can watch it (no digital cable here)
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    It's almost time to slip into the velour sweatsuit, dip some nice crusty bread into a plate of gravy, pour a glass of chianti, sit back and catch up with la familglia!

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/closeup/sopranos?id=20060309124009990001

YAY!!! I can't wait. I've missed those psychos, I mean, fuggetaboutit. It'll be on in less that 4 hours... bada BING! ;)

hilarious! :D i was just thinking about why i thought there was someting i was "fuggeta-ing" aboot tonight on tv. the trailers look fantastic as always...can't wait for tonight!
  • Options
    hilarious! :D i was just thinking about why i thought there was someting i was "fuggeta-ing" aboot tonight on tv. the trailers look fantastic as always...can't wait for tonight!

i KNOW you have a velour sweatsuit that you wear for just this occassion... :D i myself tease my hair up, put on brown lipliner and all my gold jewelry at once.

so, who do ya think's gonna get whacked first? i'm predicting paulie, not for nuthin' but he & tony have been on the outs, 's alls i'm sayin.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I am salivating for the new Sopranos tonight!

I watched all previous Sopranos episodes in chronological order....when the last season was on. I watched them on DVD....then downloaded Season 5 and watched them all in order from episode 1 season 1.....to the last episode of Season 5. When I moved a year and a half ago, I made the decision, because of Sopranos, to pay for HBO in my new house. So, that was a year and a half ago and since then I have gotten into Deadwood, Curb, 6 Feet Under, Rome....and now FINALLY Sopranos is back on and I get to watch it live on HBO....plus with the DVR cable box...I have it set up to grab them in case I am not home.

Is anyone else curious about Big Love? I think it looks like it could be good. I plan on watching it after Sopranos.
  • Options
    well, you have ME beat! you've really gone all out. >bows to animal< i'm not worthy! :D

i might give big love a try, it seems just weird enough to be entertaining. i'm still mourning six feet under, tho. i think i actually liked it better than the sopranos... i know, that's sacrilege! don't tell tony... i don't wanna get myself driven out to the woods... ;)
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Been so excited all day for 9 p.m. so the best show on tv would make its triumphant return. From the previews it looks like Phil is going to take over for Johnny Sack who is in prison. Tony and Phil hate each other so this should be real good. Some charachter of importance is supposed to get whacked early on too. I wonder who it will be....Im going to watch Big Love also. When it comes to HBO's original shows you usually can't go wrong.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    right on!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i always find the preview poster interesting...not that it tells too much about the season...but one half has trees with no leaves, like winter, with paulie, chris, uncle junior, syl, bobby and janice...then there is the other half with meadow, a.j., and carm, and the trees behind them with leaves like autumn...and dr. melfi's reflection in the window / or she's standing behind the door...while tony sits inside in the chair...hmmm.....????
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    First time I have to watch it without the wifey.. (now has a nightjob) sucks, like family tradition has been broken. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Well, we'll watch it together later on tivo when she gets here and after she fills her wine glass up!

On a side note.... Does anyone but me have the feeling in the END, Tony may get out of the business??? LOVE to hear your thoughts!!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Its pouring outside and my direct t.v. is messy. Please clear up before 8pm. lol
  • Options
    First time I have to watch it without the wifey.. (now has a nightjob) sucks, like family tradition has been broken. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Well, we'll watch it together later on tivo when she gets here and after she fills her wine glass up!

On a side note.... Does anyone but me have the feeling in the END, Tony may get out of the business??? LOVE to hear your thoughts!!

My theory is that at the end of this season, the FBI arrests Tony. Next season, the mini season, is Tony's trial. I'm not sure how the jury will find
  • Options

No because David Chase has left the option open for a Sopranos movie thereby seemingly eliminating the idea Tony will perish....who knows though.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    No because David Chase has left the option open for a Sopranos movie thereby seemingly eliminating the idea Tony will perish....who knows though.

I know there might be a movie. I'm sayin in the END (i.e. the movie or whatever). I can see him gettin out.

I think somethin is gonna happen with paulie this year. not sure what..

Love paulie.
  • Options
    Also, I think Paulie is gonna die tonight. I have nothing to base this on, so please don't think I'm spoiling here. I think someone is sent to kill paulie, but he kills the hitman. But he gets it in the end. i've had 2 years to think about this.....
  • Options
    I know there might be a movie. I'm sayin in the END (i.e. the movie or whatever). I can see him gettin out.

I think somethin is gonna happen with paulie this year. not sure what..

Love paulie.

I expect a character like Junior or Hesh to get knocked off...Paulie may be fixin to go down as well but he is such a badass that I hope not..At the very end, movie or whatever, I expect Tony to die.
  • Options
    I also hope not. paulie is my favorite, and they don't have many season 1 vets left. Just a feeling I have, i don't even know why
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    I expect a character like Junior or Hesh to get knocked off...Paulie may be fixin to go down as well but he is such a badass that I hope not..At the very end, movie or whatever, I expect Tony to die.

I thought of the Tony dying part as well and if that did happen, I'd HATE that. arggggggggggggggg....
  • Options
    Big Pussy, Adriana, Carmine, Ralphie, Tony Boldetto? (Steve Buschemi)...I wouldn't be shocked if Paulie was knocked off, big characters die a lot on that show...On that note, time to go and watch!
  • Options
    My guess would be Tony in jail before dead Tony, just a guess. haha
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get Ready Folks!! They Are Back>>

Helll Yeahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get on with it already. what, this episode 20 minutes long???? ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Options
    Wtf?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Uncle Junior is a crazy bastard...Gino suicide, didn't see that coming...Gonna be a good season...Oh and Janice having a kid with Bobby Bocarelli, thats gonna be interesting.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Uncle Junior is a crazy bastard...Gino suicide, didn't see that coming...Gonna be a good season...Oh and Janice having a kid with Bobby Bocarelli, thats gonna be interesting.

nice hat bobby. Yea good season.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    WOW. BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION, MAYBE EVER.

what a way to get people back on board. can you imagine all the hype leading up to next weeks episode?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nice hat bobby. Yea good season.

LMAO!...yeah that hat was great. Bobby is an interesting character becuase he seems so childlike but that guy has a serious mean streak in him too like when he intimated that witness in Juniors trial. Bobby is finally going to crack this season I think and just go crazy on some poor guy. Now that Gino is gone Bobby will probably be more of a soldier.

Oh yeah...why no preview for next weeks show?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    culot4 wrote:
    Oh yeah...why no preview for next weeks show?
    --
    probably because htey want to build up the hype..."is he dead or is he alive?'....i cant wait! best show on tv
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh and how could I forget Meadow's sexy strip tease, that was pretty hot. A.J. is still acting like a fuck up and I bet he gets into some trouble this season....Carmella was being a bitch too. Tony gets her a Porsche Cayenne and the first thing she says is " Thanks, but I wish you would get the building inspector to change his mind".....what the fuck? Vito is proud of his Celebrity Fit Club accomplishment I noticed. Maybe he will blow another security guard in the Esplanade parking lot. Maybe him and Finn have some unfinished business, that was never really resolved last season. Is it just me or did Tony look fatter than he ever has, the bit on the scale was pretty funny. Dr. Melfi, I don't know how her character really fits in any more. Sil and Chris really didn't do much, and where was Paulie? Johnny Sack is a great character I think, he is very controlled yet in a maniacal way.
  • Options
    --
    probably because htey want to build up the hype..."is he dead or is he alive?'....i cant wait! best show on tv
    Well we know he's not dead. On the DL for now. I saw it comming with uncle junior. He can't remember , doesn't know who's down stairs, scared and then Bam. Great start of this season