Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    Paulie is in the van with Tony on the clip for next week. I keep thinking he is gonna backstab Tony,catch him off guard.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    NCBRI wrote:
    The cop seemed genuinely disappointed when he told Tony a hit was out. Wonder if he will extend an offer to him next week. It may be too late and even if it isn't, he may not take it.

An offer to do what? I think its definately too late to flip, and Tony has nothing to give. I think the only reason the feds remained a part of the storyline is because it was Tony's access to information. One interesting thing though was an informant the fed mentioned from Brooklyn who found out the wheels had been put in motion to take down New Jersey. I think that might be bullshit. The informant may end up being New Jersey.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    poor bobby and syl. i think tony feels crushed inside because of bobby getting killed, it's obvious with the tiny flashback after he sat on the bed at the end of the episode.

that scene with aj was fantastic. when tony was talking to him calmly at first i had said to my wife "that kid needs to put his petty whiny bullshit to the side for now and man up for his family". when tony yanked him out of bed, my wife said "jeez, he's really being an asshole to him". i said "bullshit, that kid needs to have the piss smacked out of him".

i don't know about paulie playing both sides. i thought that once, but i'm not so sure now. although, he's the only guy from the nj gang that didn't look scared about anything. when he pulled his car up to the curb towards the end, he got out of the car with a look on his face like "yeah, we're here. come on out and do something, bitches". he seems to be the only guy with no fear. but he's always been like that. he's old school, nobody is going to fuck with him or his "family". i really hope he's not in cahoots with phil.

the scene with melfi........it was good, but completely out of character for her. and the dinner table scene really pissed me off. when elliot basically told everyone there who she has been seeing......that's completely out of line and if melfi had any spine she would have called him on it. you don't go spouting off to other people about patients you (or a colleague) is seeing. i always said i'd never go see a shrink, after that scene.......i'll definitely never go see one.

as far as the very last episode ever......i think there's going to be a high body count. i'm hoping death will visit phil leotardo (in a very painful way), butch (again, in a very painful way), aj (the acting pulled off for that role has been superb the past few episodes, but i still think he's a whiny bitch and wouldn't mind seeing him gone), and janice (i really can't stand her).

oh, and how about that random death...the dude on the crotchrocket getting run over by the car. wild episode, man. looking forward to (and also dreading at the same time) next sunday.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    Wow, just finished the "Blue Comet." I'm a little sad right now but have anxiety from hell. There's too much to happen in 1 last episode. I can't even begin to think of how it's all gonna end. AJ kills Tony? Blood bath between NY and NJ? Paulie jumps sides and wacks Tony? Who the heck knows at this point, but in a week we will all be talking. Looks like Season 1 will start for me again!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    When we found out that "cousins from Italy" were coming over to attempt the hit on Phil, did anyone besides me think that Furio might've been on the way?

Would've loved to see his character strap up and prepare for war.

Next Sunday can't get here fast enough, yet it will be over too soon.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    culot4 wrote:
    An offer to do what? I think its definately too late to flip, and Tony has nothing to give. I think the only reason the feds remained a part of the storyline is because it was Tony's access to information. One interesting thing though was an informant the fed mentioned from Brooklyn who found out the wheels had been put in motion to take down New Jersey. I think that might be bullshit. The informant may end up being New Jersey.

I wish the FBI storyline would play out, but now it looks like it won't. I always loved the FBI parts, ie with planting the lamp, Adriana, Pussy, etc. Even this season the FBI guy went in and was pissed at the NJ cop for arresting Tony on the weapons charge. It sucks that it looks like that won't be played out.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Interesting spoiler/theory on the last episode (for those who want to read it, keep your mouth shut if you want to whine). Don't know how plausible it is, but I think it would play out amazingly. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141842/board/thread/76137702
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    rhinomagic wrote:
    When we found out that "cousins from Italy" were coming over to attempt the hit on Phil, did anyone besides me think that Furio might've been on the way?

Would've loved to see his character strap up and prepare for war.

Next Sunday can't get here fast enough, yet it will be over too soon.

Ha...I thought it was going to be furio too.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    Ha...I thought it was going to be furio too.

Tony would have shot him on the spot after his 'thing' with Carmella. I think Tony has a long distance 'working' relationship with that female boss over in Italy from a few seasons back who loans him guys every once in a while.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Tony would have shot him on the spot after his 'thing' with Carmella. I think Tony has a long distance 'working' relationship with that female boss over in Italy from a few seasons back who loans him guys every once in a while.

ah yeah..I forgot about her. But yeah that would have been interesting to have furio come back and see tony blow him away.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Interesting spoiler/theory on the last episode (for those who want to read it, keep your mouth shut if you want to whine). Don't know how plausible it is, but I think it would play out amazingly. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141842/board/thread/76137702

There's no reason to whine because you posted it the way spoilers should be posted.

Thank you.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    this is a long discussion but it was interesting....:)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    tony whack's paulie in the ice cream parlor
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I hope whatever the ending is will just shock the heck out of all of us. :D
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    or,, here's a good one

tony is a garbage man telling melfi about his fantasies of being a mob boss
  • Options
    bhb
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    Now, after watching the scene again I am torn. It could be "When the Music's Over" by the Doors. Similar instrumental pieces... kick ass either way...

it was when the music's over.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    REALLY happy to see the guy in pics 5, 6, 7 back for the finale!!!! :cool:
  • Options
    REALLY happy to see the guy in pics 5, 6, 7 back for the finale!!!! :cool:

AllNiteThing,

Did you know Bobby and Sil were going to get killed last week?
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    AllNiteThing,

Did you know Bobby and Sil were going to get killed last week?

I've known about the train store thing since at least the 3rd episode of the season. Still, it was amazing to see and I didn't regret knowing at all. I had heard about Sil getting it at the Bing, but didn't know exactly how or when. Wish it went down a little better than it did, not much of a fight. Still, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Some of the spoilers I've heard for the next episode are pretty crazy sounding.
  • Options
    I've known about the train store thing since at least the 3rd episode of the season. Still, it was amazing to see and I didn't regret knowing at all. I had heard about Sil getting it at the Bing, but didn't know exactly how or when. Wish it went down a little better than it did, not much of a fight. Still, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Some of the spoilers I've heard for the next episode are pretty crazy sounding.

I didn't think Bobby was going to die until this episode so that was a cool surprise for me. I was hoping he wouldn't but when i saw the phone ring in his jacket, I knew he was a goner.

It really boggles my mind that you want to know all this stuff before it happens. I'm not trying to insult you, it's just not how I want to experience it. To each his own.

I agree Sil dying wasn't super original but it was realistic.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    rrivers wrote:
    I was hoping he wouldn't but when i saw the phone ring in his jacket, I knew he was a goner.

That scene kind of bugs me a little. He knew he was a target...he knew things were going to go down...yet, he leaves his phone in the car.

But...then again...such is the personality of Bobby.

I hope Phil tells Tony to get his Shinebox in the finale. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    That scene kind of bugs me a little. He knew he was a target...he knew things were going to go down...yet, he leaves his phone in the car.

But...then again...such is the personality of Bobby.

I hope Phil tells Tony to get his Shinebox in the finale. ;)

PBM

I can see your point, but he also thought that they got Phil. I'm pretty sure he hadn't heard that there was a screw up there. I don't know if he thought of himself as a target either. He might have a similiar view of himself that Phil's crew did.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I didn't think Bobby was going to die until this episode so that was a cool surprise for me. I was hoping he wouldn't but when i saw the phone ring in his jacket, I knew he was a goner.

It really boggles my mind that you want to know all this stuff before it happens. I'm not trying to insult you, it's just not how I want to experience it. To each his own.

I never said I REALLY want to know. If you read the first thing I ever said about this, I know I shouldn't be reading them and I don't 100% want to, but it's right there and I can't help it, like knowing where the Christmas presents are weeks ahead of time. I know many people who as a kid used to sneak a peak, lift a corner of the wrapping paper or whatever, and I was guilty of that. It CAN lessen the value of the surprise, I certainly agree. BUT, if it is so great or a present, IMO, you can't really diminish its value.

Actually, I would say you get 2 'highs'. You get the fun of reading speculation/spoilers and wondering what is right, either way you get an almost giddy feeling reading it, like you're watching the show new but reading it. Then when the show actually airs, you get the anticipation of wondering what you will actually see, plus the amazing execution that the writers/directors/actors put into the show.

I completely understand why others DON'T want to read spoilers, and I respect that by either linking to them or warning others if I post it, out of respect for those who don't enjoy it the same way I do. I'm surprised you can't see the other side of the fence, or at least comprehend why many people enjoy spoilers. Just look at imdb or any Sopranos site and you'll get an idea of how prevalent and popular they are.
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    I never said I REALLY want to know. If you read the first thing I ever said about this, I know I shouldn't be reading them and I don't 100% want to, but it's right there and I can't help it, like knowing where the Christmas presents are weeks ahead of time. I know many people who as a kid used to sneak a peak, lift a corner of the wrapping paper or whatever, and I was guilty of that. It CAN lessen the value of the surprise, I certainly agree. BUT, if it is so great or a present, IMO, you can't really diminish its value.

Actually, I would say you get 2 'highs'. You get the fun of reading speculation/spoilers and wondering what is right, either way you get an almost giddy feeling reading it, like you're watching the show new but reading it. Then when the show actually airs, you get the anticipation of wondering what you will actually see, plus the amazing execution that the writers/directors/actors put into the show.

I completely understand why others DON'T want to read spoilers, and I respect that by either linking to them or warning others if I post it, out of respect for those who don't enjoy it the same way I do. I'm surprised you can't see the other side of the fence, or at least comprehend why many people enjoy spoilers. Just look at imdb or any Sopranos site and you'll get an idea of how prevalent and popular they are.

i'd prefer to see offering to pm the links to people. i'm too weak, if i see a link, i click. i don't want to, but i do anyway.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    rrivers wrote:

paulie said the doctors don't think he'll gain consciousness, so he isn't officially dead, right? and if you know something about the last episode with regard to sil, please don't tell me.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    I seriously doubt that Chase will end this with a nice bow on it tying up all loose ends. I'll bet he ends it with some ambiguity for people to debate.

I really don't know if Tony makes it or not. The series has centered so much around his pursuit of Tony's self preservation at the cost of anything in his life.....I have to think he makes it, but don't know. I can't wait to see what Chase leaves us with.