Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    it took all of 3 seconds. and coming from a person with your post count and join date--isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Look Im really sorry you got butt hurt because I bagged on the Sorpranos finale, but why are you insisting on making this personal?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    it took all of 3 seconds. and coming from a person with your post count and join date--isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Ok boys, settle down.

I don't regularly watch the show, because I don't have hbo but my Mom does.

We both thought the show dragged on, the pacing was slow and boring,

and that ending was absolutely horrible. We thought the cable went out with that long pause at the ending before the credits.

I get the art house 'open to interpretation' concept, but this was a series finale, you should have an ending one way or the other. That was a cliff hanger and you don't end a show that way. That was the worst finale I have ever seen, in my opinion, even worse then Seinfeld.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    Look Im really sorry you got butt hurt because I bagged on the Sorpranos finale, but why are you insisting on making this personal?

hurt?...hardly. i merely made a suggestion based on your previous posts with regard to the show. you made it personal when you said get a life.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Hey remember folks this is just a t.v show entertainment for us. How about the part where AJ said this guy is good. Referring to Bob Dylan, what a dumb shit. Lol
  • Options
    nope... he sucks major asshole with this episode... so much bullshit filler with AJ and Tony's stupid crew. You dont further develop characters in a season finally you end it. "Oh, I'll just let the viewers come up with their own ending" :rolleyes: WEAK

David Chase HAD balls... now they are shriveled raisins in the sun

How many seasons has the wire done?

When the sopranos came out it revolutionized tv, so balls were swinging. ity gets real hard to devolop a show that starts off that strong, I mean it came out of knowwhere. following it had to be a bitch, every great thing about the show involved killing good characters, so it put equal pressure creatingnew ones.
    That is too much balls.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Hey remember folks this is just a t.v show entertainment for us. How about the part where AJ said this guy is good. Referring to Bob Dylan, what a dumb shit. Lol

I thought the same thing. Hey AJ that bright light in the sky is called the sun and you're not supposed to look directly at it.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    How many seasons has the wire done?

When the sopranos came out it revolutionized tv, so balls were swinging. ity gets real hard to devolop a show that starts off that strong, I mean it came out of knowwhere. following it had to be a bitch, every great thing about the show involved killing good characters, so it put equal pressure creatingnew ones.
    That is too much balls.

The Wire will have it's 5th and final season this fall. Its ten times the show Sorpranos is but takes more time to get into the characters. The first part of season one is slow going but it gets real good after that. Check it out...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    The Wire will have it's 5th and final season this fall. Its ten times the show Sorpranos is but takes more time to get into the characters. The first part of season one is slow going but it gets real good after that. Check it out...

It's the typ of show that you can watch many times over and still enjoy it. You figure out why the camera was shot a certain way or just say, "hey, wasn't he in Homicide, I thought he died and now is a non-cool talking and crazy hair ME".
  • Options
    alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    Liked the ending, and dont think he got killed mainly because no one is left to kill him. Bobby did say in the boat that you won't even hear it, when you're killed, or was that an allusion to the end of the show in general. The epsiode was entitled Made in America and that last scene was more representative of america than anything, in a diner with all different types of people, eating onion rings with journey playing, an american rock anthem. The Sopranos are just another american family amidst all of these others.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Options
    It should be any minute now when the West Coast HBO finishes and many new people with redundant statement will start posting. I'm just glad I had the East Coast feed.
  • Options
    It should be any minute now when the West Coast HBO finishes and many new people with redundant statement will start posting. I'm just glad I had the East Coast feed.

lol! i'm watching it again on hbo2 even though i recorded it to dvd. now you're making me want to check in again when it's over.

• Options
    lol! i'm watching it again on hbo2 even though i recorded it to dvd. now you're making me want to check in again when it's over.

Maybe the West Coast feed has one of the altrenative endings....
  • Options
    Maybe the West Coast feed has one of the altrenative endings....

let's see how many people think their cable went out.

• Options
    let's see how many people think their cable went out.

We should have heard something by now. Maybe people are still in shock.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    We should have heard something by now. Maybe people are still in shock.

LOL.
    There's a cool review up on Yahoo.

My Dad didn't see it but he said it sounds like it's the continuation of life. He gets pretty deep sometimes.

But yeah I think this is going to polarize people, either they'll have loved it or despised it. People like closure, I think, they don't like abstract vague-ness that makes you ponder. People don't watch tv to ponder, imo, they watch it for the entertainment.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    actually, he's the one of very few in the entertainment industry that HAS balls. he challenges his audience to think for themselves instead of having everything spoon fed to them.

bingo!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I know people everywhere are going to debate the open endedness of this, but I agree with those who say it's perfect.

As soon as Phil says "Bye Bye" to the babies, I knew he was going down. You get the satisfaction of him being whacked which is great but the whole speed bump thing was just bliss. The bystanders response with the throwing up was great. I was waiting for Chris Tucker to pop up and say: "Damn, you just got knocked the fuck out".

AJ referring to the poet "Yeets". ;) and then the SUV going up in smoke as he's ready to bang the girl.

Paulie and the cat. Funny shit and another example of Tony's weakness/connection to animals. I was surprised to not see the ducks pop up by the swimming pool last night.

The guy with the Feds after he hears Phil has been taken out saying: "We're gonna win this thing" like he's watching a Devils vs Rangers game or something.

I love the way in which the final scene was shot. The family being brought in one at a time as if to receive their applause now that its over. The overall intensity of the scene was great. The cameras focusing on the guy at the bar and the guy with the USA hat kept you guessing. Meadow taking FOREVER to park her car. You just knew their was gonna be some significance to it. He pulled us in and then said, here, its yours. End it however you want. That was great. And then to run the music over the final scene as opposed to the credits like they usually do just seemed brilliant.
    I cant remember the other song titles they highlighted as Tony is browsing the jukebox, but I guess his choice was significant.

Hate to see this show end.
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    I know people everywhere are going to debate the open endedness of this, but I agree with those who say it's perfect.

As soon as Phil says "Bye Bye" to the babies, I knew he was going down. You get the satisfaction of him being whacked which is great but the whole speed bump thing was just bliss. The bystanders response with the throwing up was great. I was waiting for Chris Tucker to pop up and say: "Damn, you just got knocked the fuck out".

AJ referring to the poet "Yeets". ;) and then the SUV going up in smoke as he's ready to bang the girl.

Paulie and the cat. Funny shit and another example of Tony's weakness/connection to animals. I was surprised to not see the ducks pop up by the swimming pool last night.

The guy with the Feds after he hears Phil has been taken out saying: "We're gonna win this thing" like he's watching a Devils vs Rangers game or something.

I love the way in which the final scene was shot. The family being brought in one at a time as if to receive their applause now that its over. The overall intensity of the scene was great. The cameras focusing on the guy at the bar and the guy with the USA hat kept you guessing. Meadow taking FOREVER to park her car. You just knew their was gonna be some significance to it. He pulled us in and then said, here, its yours. End it however you want. That was great. And then to run the music over the final scene as opposed to the credits like they usually do just seemed brilliant.
    I cant remember the other song titles they highlighted as Tony is browsing the jukebox, but I guess his choice was significant.

awesome post. :) well said.
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:

Excellent post :D
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Last night I was like "what the hell!!"
    When I woke up and thought about it in the shower this morning I was pleased with the end. It does make you think for yourself. I have all kinds of ideas, but I like the happy ending of the family plugging along together.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    the cat was fun
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    NCBRI wrote:

terrific post...Preston & Steve were funny this morning tho calling it the worst ending in TV series history..goin on about the onion rings (which I don't remember seeing). Was there o rings at the table??
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Last night I was like "what the hell!!"
    When I woke up and thought about it in the shower this morning I was pleased with the end. It does make you think for yourself. I have all kinds of ideas, but I like the happy ending of the family plugging along together.

I was pleased right after it ended. I'm glad you and others are feeling the same way now. IMO it was a perfect ending. It makes you think all kinds of things. Pauile and the cat I laughed so much.
  • Options
    Song Lyrics - Don't Stop Believin'
    Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
    She took the midnight train goin' anywhere...
    Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
    He took the midnight train goin' anywhere...

A singer in a smoky room,
    The smell of wine and cheap perfume
    For a smile they can share the night
    It goes on and on and on and on...

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
    Their shadows searching in the night
    Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
    Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Payin' anything to roll the dice,
    Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose
    Some were born to sing the blues
    Oh, the movie never ends
    It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

this about sums it up
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Everybody wants a thrill
    Just one more time

Oh, the movie never ends

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

this about sums it up

My sister called me right after it was over and said she will alwasy think of the final scene when she hears that song. LOL
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the cat was fun

I said it earlier...I think it was to represent Adriana in some way. I think it was her reincarnated. At least that's what I pulled out of it. Tony liked the cat and the cat just staring at Christopher's picture. Perhaps a way to give her credit even though she is dead. If the whole show is as open as everyone claims it to be, just my 2 cents.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Everybody wants a thrill
    Just one more time

Oh, the movie never ends

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlight people

this about sums it up

remember what tony says to paulie while they're in the van: "Just listen to the music."
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    NCBRI wrote:

Bri - that was better than any term paper you ever wrote!!! :D Good stuff!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    maybe the cat was big pussy??
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    im bummed. that was my favorite little ice cream shop. just a whole in the wall place right down the street from where my parents live that i loved to go to when i was home... and now... it will be packed forever. i can't even imagine how many people will go tonight. they do make goooood ice cream though