'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,218
    i disagree, i usually don't like those scenes with him and melfi, but that was a really good scene. love how he ends it by putting the steak recipe back on the page. it also seems kind of fitting that he was leafing through a magazine called "Departures".
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yes...i am kidding

Just checking lol
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Are you kidding? It was the end with dr. melfie and the end for both familes. It was the start of the total end.

Hence, the playing of "The End" by the Doors in the one Bada Bing scene....
    Hence, the playing of "The End" by the Doors in the one Bada Bing scene....

YESSSSSSS I heard that too and thought the same thing. :D
    YESSSSSSS I heard that too and thought the same thing. :D
    Now, after watching the scene again I am torn. It could be "When the Music's Over" by the Doors. Similar instrumental pieces... kick ass either way...
    And my instinct....as much as I think it can't be true...Paulie is playing the other side of the fence...he's dirty...
    And my instinct....as much as I think it can't be true...Paulie is playing the other side of the fence...he's dirty...

WTF was up with Paulie? Did he give the wrong directions, that scene made me think what you said.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    WTF was up with Paulie? Did he give the wrong directions, that scene made me think what you said.
    i thought the exact same thing......i think paulie might be working for the other side and sil (rip :( ) got who was playing both sides wrong......damn that was good.....i can't believe one left.......
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,088
    WOW. I'm excited for what's in store next week.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i think that was one of the best episodes ever and i am so excited to see what happens in the finale. this next week is going to be torture.

does anybody have any theories as to why they decided to kill bobby first? i have always thought of him as the "best" person out of the crew. after all, he has never even killed anyone before this season...
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    vmfury wrote:
    WOW. I'm excited for what's in store next week.

Man, I'm not. I don't think things are going to turn out how I want. These past two episodes have been really tough to watch.

GlorifiedAnimal,
    I think they killed Bobby first because they were told to kill the top three. However, Bobby was at the bottom of that top three. So they started at the bottom and they're working their way up. Just my opinion.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."

Between that, Phil telling his guys that Paulie was not one of the ones he wanted killed, and Paulie questioning the hit on Phil.....Paulie lying to Tony about saying things to Johnny....just gets me thinking he is playing the other side..
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    tony turns rat
    Between that, Phil telling his guys that Paulie was not one of the ones he wanted killed, and Paulie questioning the hit on Phil.....Paulie lying to Tony about saying things to Johnny....just gets me thinking he is playing the other side..

Yea it all makes sense Paulie could be working for the other side. I hope since were all thinking this, that it's gonna be something different.
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,088
    Man, I'm not. I don't think things are going to turn out how I want. These past two episodes have been really tough to watch.

I think the last episode will be mindblowing...at least I hope. If it goes how I think it might, it's going to be sad. You know it's the end, girly. They need to go out with a bang. ;)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Couple of things from last night

•It felt funny not having Christopher around for the big finale.

•It was a tense episode because you knew something was going to happen...it was just a matter of when. I haven't watched a movie/tv show in a while where I was as tense (emotional involved with the characters).

•I kept waiting for Paulie or Patsy (remember, he peed in Tony's Pool) to join with NY.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Anyone going out today to buy a train set?
    I love to turn you on
    Couple of things from last night

•It felt funny not having Christopher around for the big finale.

•It was a tense episode because you knew something was going to happen...it was just a matter of when. I haven't watched a movie/tv show in a while where I was as tense (emotional involved with the characters).

•I kept waiting for Paulie or Patsy (remember, he peed in Tony's Pool) to join with NY.

PBM

Yea it felt funny without Chrissy being around. I think he would have said lets go get Phil now. I also felt very tense watching last nite. You knew something was gonna happen any min.

The scene when Tony drags AJ into the closet and tells him to pack was great. AJ's legs getting caught in the cords and all his video games came crashing down on the ground. What a weak fuck I hope he gets caught in the crossfire. LOL Tony finally saw that his kid can't stand up for himself or his family. It's all over for Tony he has nothing left. He's hiding out and sleeping with a rifle. I can't wait for next week.
    Anyone going out today to buy a train set?

I bet the guy behind the counter wished Bobby would have paid before he was killled. LOL
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696

I agree that it was very tense.

I enjoyed the Melfi scene. I thought it made sense that she would let him go. It has been building for a couple of weeks. I didn't like the way that Tony put the recipe back in the book. It seemed out of character for him. I thought it would have been cool if he had just walked out when he said what she was doing was immoral, which I kind of agree with.

I had goosebumps when Tony was talking to Carm in the kitchen. It was a good episode but not as good as the previous one.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I bet the guy behind the counter wished Bobby would have paid before he was killled. LOL

HA! I kind of thought the same thing!

Loved the Melfi scenes last night, and AJ losing it just killed me. Much needed comic relief! I need to watch this again tonight!
    I love to turn you on
    HA! I kind of thought the same thing!

Loved the Melfi scenes last night, and AJ losing it just killed me. Much needed comic relief! I need to watch this again tonight!

My wife made a good point that it was funny that Janice asked Tony for money and a few scenes later Bobby is buying a train for $8000.
  • Is sil dead? they said it didnt look good, but it wasn't definite. Am i right?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,410
    Is sil dead? they said it didnt look good, but it wasn't definite. Am i right?
    correct....

but i have a feeling he doesnt make it....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    i disagree, i usually don't like those scenes with him and melfi, but that was a really good scene. love how he ends it by putting the steak recipe back on the page. it also seems kind of fitting that he was leafing through a magazine called "Departures".

Yep a couple of weeks ago we get a reference to The Departed and now we get the magazine called Departures. The end is near and the symbolism and foreshadowing is everywhere.

Great scene with Tony and Melfi. You could just see the thoughts going through her head as he was talking about his children. Everything seemed right out of the study they got her to read. Then to hear him refer to her as immoral was something when you consider the person he is and the things he has done.

The look of fear on Carmella's face was priceless. She always let herself be blinded by the material things their relationship afforded her. Not so great now.

The cop seemed genuinely disappointed when he told Tony a hit was out. Wonder if he will extend an offer to him next week. It may be too late and even if it isn't, he may not take it.

Things have gone down in a pretty conventional way so far. Wonder if there will be any "surprises" next week.
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    rrivers wrote:
    My wife made a good point that it was funny that Janice asked Tony for money and a few scenes later Bobby is buying a train for $8000.

I could see Janice doing something crazy next week.
    I love how they shot the scene with the train derailing as Bobby was getting offed!
    Brian
    correct....

but i have a feeling he doesnt make it....

I did remember hearing another time someone say that it didn't look like he would wake up.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    wow......is Janice the kiss of death or what?

Richie........Ralph.........Bobby...........
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:
    It was a good episode but not as good as the previous one.

i thought so too.....i kinda expected all this to happen.....didn't take away from the tension though.....i was literally on the edge of my sofa last night....:D
  • Are you kidding? It was the end with dr. melfie and the end for both familes. It was the start of the total end.

indeed. i liked the little plug put in by the FBI agent about the end of days as well as some of the other things mentioned by everybody here. great show, and looking forward, albeit in a sad way, to the finale.