'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    BIG BIG episode coming up this weekend...who's psyched? :cool: Anyway, I've been reading the imdb boards for spoilers (I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I say?) and I think I found 'it'. If anyone is curious and likes to read these things like I do, here you go.....

Edited: Spoilers taken out

Spoiler Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141842/board/thread/75569363
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    BIG BIG episode coming up this weekend...who's psyched? :cool: Anyway, I've been reading the imdb boards for spoilers (I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I say?) and I think I found 'it'. If anyone is curious and likes to read these things like I do, here you go.....

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I choose not to read your spoiler. :)
    I choose not to read your spoiler. :)

Probably a good idea. :) I feel guilty afterwards and know it won't be as good, but I'm like a kid before Christmas. I just can't help it.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Probably a good idea. :) I feel guilty afterwards and know it won't be as good, but I'm like a kid before Christmas. I just can't help it.

Again, why would you post it in the thread? Some other idiot did that a few pages back and was flamed for it.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    rrivers wrote:
    Again, why would you post it in the thread? Some other idiot did that a few pages back and was flamed for it.

Yeah...you might want to edit and provide a link instead.

I sought out spoilers for the first two episodes...they weren't as good knowing the info beforehand.

For the last two, I am going wait it out.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org

I sought out spoilers for the first two episodes...they weren't as good knowing the info beforehand.

PBM

PBM did it the right way. He said that he had spoilers and he sent them to me via PM.

I still haven't looked at them! PBM, they are just for the episodes that already aired?
    rrivers wrote:

? Isn't that the point of announcing SPOILERS in the thread content, seperated by a ton of empty spaces?? Maybe it's just me, but that usually tells me enough information to know if I should read on or not. Right? I mean, are you annoyed with me taking up page length or something? It's not like someone is going to be tricked into reading it lol.

Honestly, I don't have the time to keep that info handy and pm everyone who wants it. My inbox is full as it is. I guess I could have just posted a link, but it's on imdb and you never know when that shit gets deleted.

PBM

If you all really want me to erase my post, I will. You don't HAVE to read it though. I gave it for people, like me, who enjoy reading them along with the warning for people, like rrivers, who don't.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    If you all really want me to erase my post, I will. You don't HAVE to read it though. I gave it for people, like me, who enjoy reading them along with the warning for people, like rrivers, who don't.

i like discussing what i've seen.....what's the point of watching if i know what's gonna happen....you could just as easy ask for pm's or start a spoilers thread....

No, I know...I skimmed by it and caught a few things...not a big deal. You can post spoilers by linking to the site you got them from (I posted a link to "Aint It Cool News") instead of posting in the body of the thread. Just helps us Joe Schmo fanboys from reading something ahead of time. :)

rrivers...no, it was just for the first two episodes.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

My bad guys....

If you want to read a REALLY good spoiler (not sure if it's true, but sounds awesome and has come from a few sources), here it is (Blue Comet only)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141842/board/thread/75569363

Enjoy. :cool:
    cutback wrote:
    i like discussing what i've seen.....what's the point of watching if i know what's gonna happen....you could just as easy ask for pm's or start a spoilers thread....

What's the point of watching the Lord of the Rings movies if you've read the books a hundred times? Hell, I can watch the original Rocky on repeat for a week, of course I know what's going to happen! I knew a lot of plotlines for old Sopranos episodes before I started watching them last year, didn't diminish the effect at all.

My point is that if it's a great show, especially like the Sopranos, you can give me the script word for word and I wouldn't anticipate or enjoy the show any less. The quality acting, scene direction, use of music, unspoken symbolism, etc etc all make for one heck of a show. Sure, you lose the 'surprise element' by knowing one or two big plot twists, but honestly there is much more to the show. I agree you do miss out, but I've always been one to want to know things now. Call it instant gratification, I call it 'life is too short, why deprive yourself knowing or doing something if you die tomorrow'.
    What's the point of watching the Lord of the Rings movies if you've read the books a hundred times? Hell, I can watch the original Rocky on repeat for a week, of course I know what's going to happen! I knew a lot of plotlines for old Sopranos episodes before I started watching them last year, didn't diminish the effect at all.

My point is that if it's a great show, especially like the Sopranos, you can give me the script word for word and I wouldn't anticipate or enjoy the show any less. The quality acting, scene direction, use of music, unspoken symbolism, etc etc all make for one heck of a show. Sure, you lose the 'surprise element' by knowing one or two big plot twists, but honestly there is much more to the show. I agree you do miss out, but I've always been one to want to know things now. Call it instant gratification, I call it 'life is too short, why deprive yourself knowing or doing something if you die tomorrow'.

so we all have to be like you?....:confused:...all i ask for is a little consideration for us that don't want to know anything.......:)
    I knew a lot of plotlines for old Sopranos episodes before I started watching them last year, didn't diminish the effect at all.

I thought so too...I got antsy towards the beginning of March and sought out spoilers.

The first two episodes were great, but the anticipation of not knowing what's going to happen is better for me.

It's tempting...especially when HBO pulled out the old 2-week Memorial Day hiatus on us.

PBM

? Isn't that the point of announcing SPOILERS in the thread content, seperated by a ton of empty spaces?? Maybe it's just me, but that usually tells me enough information to know if I should read on or not. Right? I mean, are you annoyed with me taking up page length or something? It's not like someone is going to be tricked into reading it lol.

Honestly, I don't have the time to keep that info handy and pm everyone who wants it. My inbox is full as it is. I guess I could have just posted a link, but it's on imdb and you never know when that shit gets deleted.

The problem is that to read other posts in the thread, you have to scroll down past the spoiler. I like how you don't have time to "keep that info handy" but you have time to type out all the spoilers. Plus I would bet very few, if anyone, would want to read spoilers about a show that they have been watching for 8 years when the final 2 episodes are about to air.

You could have just said, I saw spoilers on imdb. Go there if you want to check it out. But you your wish of having people pay attention to you by posting spoilers, so congratulations!
    cutback wrote:

Thank you, cutback. You are completely right.

That's fine for you.

I take the other tact of not wanting to know anything because it is more enjoyable without knowing for me. I hate watching the show and waiting for something that I know will happen.
    cutback wrote:
    so we all have to be like you?....:confused:...all i ask for is a little consideration for us that don't want to know anything.......:)

No you DON'T have to be like me! Jesus Christ. I don't have to be like YOU either, right? You're coming down on me for wanting to read spoilers. That's the whole point of my post to you. Not trying to convince YOU to read them! I posted it, and respectfully warned anyone reading the post, and put it down the screen farther, giving the people who WANT to read it the opportunity, and those who don't, the opportunity to be prepared and scroll away. YOU were the one to question MY want of reading spoilers. Not the other way around. So chill with assumptions.
    i give up....common courtesy has gone the way of the dodo....
    rrivers wrote:
    The problem is that to read other posts in the thread, you have to scroll down past the spoiler.

And usually if you see a lot of spaces with the word SPOILER in caps somewhere, especially in a thread about a show with anticipation like this one, you really think it's that difficult to skip over? I gave a little explanation in the first paragraph for Christ's sake. What, do you just jump to a page and read a random post from the middle outwards?? :confused: I don't think I did anything wrong, and I HIGHLY doubt anyone just 'accidentally' started reading my post midway through, not wanting to read a spoiler. :rolleyes:
    rrivers wrote:
    I like how you don't have time to "keep that info handy" but you have time to type out all the spoilers.

I did a quick copy/paste and put the 'spoiler' disclosure in. Quick and simple. I'm not going to 'keep a link handy' so I can pm a dozen people. :rolleyes:
    rrivers wrote:
    Plus I would bet very few, if anyone, would want to read spoilers about a show that they have been watching for 8 years when the final 2 episodes are about to air.

That's pure conjecture. You have no idea. Just because YOU don't want to doesn't mean everyone doesn't want to. I never said everyone should read it, I was just giving some info out for those who DO enjoy reading spoilers, while giving those who do NOT, a heads up. Don't throw a hissy fit because you think everyone thinks like you, or because you don't have the dexterity to scroll away from a spoiler alert without your brain exploding.

rrivers wrote:
    You could have just said, I saw spoilers on imdb. Go there if you want to check it out. But you your wish of having people pay attention to you by posting spoilers, so congratulations!

Fine, I'll do that. I erased it, you should be happy and chill out. I could give a shit about attention, wtf is that about? :confused: :rolleyes: Just trying to help some brothers out, but apparently there's just a bunch of whiney pussies in here.

edit: Except for PBM, he's cool lol. And the only reason I removed it. If some of you others had shown the same courtesy of explaining your objection to my post, I would have gladly removed it for you. Try to not be so cunty next time.
    cutback wrote:
    i give up....common courtesy has gone the way of the dodo....

Right, because I didn't warn you what I was posting. :rolleyes:

You don't know how ironic your post is.
    rrivers wrote:
    That's fine for you.

I take the other tact of not wanting to know anything because it is more enjoyable without knowing for me. I hate watching the show and waiting for something that I know will happen.

No problem. Whoever said otherwise? I even said it diminishes the show for me somewhat. But also many people enjoy spoilers, and I provided that.

Apparently putting a disclaimer on a post does no good for selective post readers. :rolleyes: Apparently doing a good thing around here gets you whipped by the elite crowd. :rolleyes:
    And usually if you see a lot of spaces with the word SPOILER in caps somewhere, especially in a thread about a show with anticipation like this one, you really think it's that difficult to skip over? I gave a little explanation in the first paragraph for Christ's sake. What, do you just jump to a page and read a random post from the middle outwards?? :confused: I don't think I did anything wrong, and I HIGHLY doubt anyone just 'accidentally' started reading my post midway through, not wanting to read a spoiler. :rolleyes:

That's pure conjecture. You have no idea. Just because YOU don't want to doesn't mean everyone doesn't want to.

Fine, I'll do that. I erased it, you should be happy and chill out. I could give a shit about attention, wtf is that about? :confused: :rolleyes: Just trying to help some brothers out, but apparently there's just a bunch of whiney pussies in here.

edit: Except for PBM, he's cool lol. And the only reason I removed it. If some of you others had shown the same courtesy of explaining your objection to my post, I would have gladly removed it for you. Try to not be so cunty next time.

The problem is with the way the board is structured. If you want to keep reading a thread without reading a post it is difficult because you have to scroll past the post you don't want to read and, maybe even stop and read some of the post you are trying to skip to see where you are. It was a dick move on your part to post the spoiler, especially since someone did the same thing a few pages back and everyone asked them not to do it.

I think I am right that the majority of people don't want to read spoilers. Why would you watch a show for almost ten years and want to just read about what happens in the last two episodes. I like how you like to "help brothers out" by ruining a really good show. Don't be offended if I never ask you for a favor.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Apparently putting a disclaimer on a post does no good for selective post readers. :rolleyes: Apparently doing a good thing around here gets you whipped by the elite crowd. :rolleyes:
    oof. why the bickering still? I don't get it.

it was a good thing to post of the spoilers to those who read spoilers, but not to those who don't. post it as a link. an extra click of the mouse will not mean much to those who read spoilers. and if they are reading the post, those may be computer savvy enough to click the link.

this doesn't seem to be elitist thinking here, just common courtesy of those who don't want direct access.

posting a link about a spoiler makes everyone happy. can we chalk this up to lesson learned and move on, getting back to talk of last week's episode?
    F'n_Circus wrote:

it was a good thing to post of the spoilers to those who read spoilers, but not to those who don't. post it as a link. an extra click of the mouse will not mean much to those who read spoilers. and if they are reading the post, those may be computer savvy enough to click the link.

this doesn't seem to be elitist thinking here, just common courtesy of those who don't want direct access.

posting a link about a spoiler makes everyone happy. can we chalk this up to lesson learned and move on, getting back to talk of last week's episode?

I also don't understand how not wanting to know how a show ends before you watch it is elitist thinking.
    rrivers wrote:
    The problem is with the way the board is structured. If you want to keep reading a thread without reading a post it is difficult because you have to scroll past the post you don't want to read and, maybe even stop and read some of the post you are trying to skip to see where you are. It was a dick move on your part to post the spoiler, especially since someone did the same thing a few pages back and everyone asked them not to do it.

I think I am right that the majority of people don't want to read spoilers. Why would you watch a show for almost ten years and want to just read about what happens in the last two episodes. I like how you like to "help brothers out" by ruining a really good show. Don't be offended if I never ask you for a favor.

Relax buddy, there was no malicious intent. I didn't see people ask for spoilers not to be posted before, so sorry if you already asked. Again, not like I sprung them on you or didn't warn with a HUGE bunch of spaces and a SPOILER warning in the middle. Pretty obvious if you ask me, and if you can't notice that to skip over it, that's your fault, not mine. I did my job. If I didn't know about imdb and someone posted it here, and I like spoilers, then I would be happy. Obviously you're not, but don't assume everyone is. Let it go and relax. I took it down and I won't post any more spoilers now that I know people can't handle it.
    F'n_Circus wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say. I just want to talk about the damn show, shoot I try to do something good and get beat up. That's what I meant about elitist. People on this board think they're always right about everything, they can't see both sides. Case in point, some jokers here think I a) want attention and b) am inconsiderate (even though I clearly warn what I'm about to post, IN the post!). Whatever, some people are just assholes I guess. Scratch elitist, insert asshole. :)

Back to the show....Anyone think Chris and/or Ade will make an appearance in these last two episodes (flashbacks of course). The season 6b preview (went back to youtube to watch again) shows Chris driving and looking in his rearview at someone tailing him. This isn't from any spoiler I've read, but I'm still standing by my prediction that there will be flashbacks of Chris getting nabbed after the JT killing, and maybe flipping and wearing a wire before he died. That might lead to Tony getting arrested. Hopefully we'll see some flashbacks of that, it would be pretty sweet IMO. Thoughts?
    F'n_Circus wrote:

which is all i'm trying to say....allnite, i'm not mad or whining i'm just trying to say that there are other ways to go about it.....i understand the anticipation...i'm still pissed they took a week off...:)....there are very few tv shows i watch anymore and i'd like to enjoy the experience as it happens and then come here and discuss it....really i'm not trying to piss you off but letting you see the situation from mine (and others) side.....:)
    Back to the show....Anyone think Chris and/or Ade will make an appearance in these last two episodes (flashbacks of course). The season 6b preview (went back to youtube to watch again) shows Chris driving and looking in his rearview at someone tailing him. This isn't from any spoiler I've read, but I'm still standing by my prediction that there will be flashbacks of Chris getting nabbed after the JT killing, and maybe flipping and wearing a wire before he died. That might lead to Tony getting arrested. Hopefully we'll see some flashbacks of that, it would be pretty sweet IMO. Thoughts?

i don't know if they'll use flashbacks.....my memory is fuzzy has chase ever used them?.....i'm assuming there will be some chrissy/aide issues that will arise....
    cutback wrote:
    which is all i'm trying to say....allnite, i'm not mad or whining i'm just trying to say that there are other ways to go about it.....i understand the anticipation...i'm still pissed they took a week off...:)....there are very few tv shows i watch anymore and i'd like to enjoy the experience as it happens and then come here and discuss it....really i'm not trying to piss you off but letting you see the situation from mine (and others) side.....:)

NP...no more spoilers from me...TRUST ME!!! Sheesh, talking about learning a lesson the hard way! :D Still, I know there's people out there who can't turn away (like me). So, maybe it's better it's not posted. I know if you see a giant headline saying spoiler alert, you have AMPLE notice to turn away, however no fucking way do I have that self control, so I get it. :D Damn internet. Sometimes I just don't want to read, but I can't turn away, there's just so much speculation and spoilers online (true or made up, nobody really knows yet).

Anyway, there are some great discussions going on at imdb.com's Sopranos page, and other Sopranos sites out there.