'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    cutback wrote:
    i don't know if they'll use flashbacks.....my memory is fuzzy has chase ever used them?.....i'm assuming there will be some chrissy/aide issues that will arise....

Oh yea, flashbacks all over. Just watching repeats on A&E for instance, from season 3. They did a Christmas flashback. They were trying to get Bobby to be Santa, and Tony reminisced back to '95 and Big Pussy being Santa and how Tony thought he must have been wired. They all looked a little younger too, it was funny, Tony with more hair, etc, and Jackie Aprile. Pretty cool scene. Also, the season 6 flashback with Tony and Chris reminiscing about Chris coming to him about Ade in season 5. Great scene.

Hopefully there will be more Chris, it's weird without him in the show.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Oh yea, flashbacks all over. Just watching repeats on A&E for instance, from season 3. They did a Christmas flashback. They were trying to get Bobby to be Santa, and Tony reminisced back to '95 and Big Pussy being Santa and how Tony thought he must have been wired. They all looked a little younger too, it was funny, Tony with more hair, etc, and Jackie Aprile. Pretty cool scene. Also, the season 6 flashback with Tony and Chris reminiscing about Chris coming to him about Ade in season 5. Great scene.

yeah that's right forgot about those....i miss chris too....michael is a great actor....and yes the damn internet....all that info out there for the taking....but these last episodes have been so good i don't want to know a thing....:D
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696

Not to mention the flashback in the first episode of this season with the gun Tony threw away after talking to Johnny Sack.

Water under the bridge, AllNiteThing. Thanks for deleting the spoilers.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    cutback wrote:
    yeah that's right forgot about those....i miss chris too....michael is a great actor....and yes the damn internet....all that info out there for the taking....but these last episodes have been so good i don't want to know a thing....:D

I thought I would miss Christopher but I was cool with him not being in the last show. I know that is only one episode.

I do agree that the show would probably suffer without him there stirring things up if there were more than 2 episodes left.
    rrivers wrote:
    Not to mention the flashback in the first episode of this season with the gun Tony threw away after talking to Johnny Sack.

Water under the bridge, AllNiteThing. Thanks for deleting the spoilers.

Thanks, you too.

Forgot about that flashback too. It seems like a lot of people didn't like Soprano Home Movies. Personally, it's one of my favorites. There is so much going on, but subtley. With Tony's contemplation at the lake, the duck flapping by, Bobby kind of losing his 'innocence' with his killing, 'This Magic Moment' representing that in a way, the exchanges with Janis and Carm and of course all the lighthearted moments like the drive to the camp, Carm's 'present' :cool:, the karaoke and of course monopoly scenes!!! Add to that the flashback at the beginning w/Tony's arrest. All in all a great episode IMO. A lot of people thought nothing happened, but I thought it was a perfect set up to the rest, as well as a nice stand alone episode.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Hey AllNiteThing, I didn't mind reading the spoilers at all, I'm even more excited now to see the show, the suspense has been killing me!!! I had actually read somewhere about how Chris was gonna die and when it happened, it didnt take anything away from the moment for me. Such a great show, DAMN i'm really gonna miss it and I hate that its ending!

Hurry up Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Hey AllNiteThing, I didn't mind reading the spoilers at all, I'm even more excited now to see the show, the suspense has been killing me!!! I had actually read somewhere about how Chris was gonna die and when it happened, it didnt take anything away from the moment for me. Such a great show, DAMN i'm really gonna miss it and I hate that its ending!

Hurry up Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, thanks Doll. :cool:

I read a few different spoilers a couple weeks back about Chris, one with Tony being shot and dying on Chris' lap while Chris drove away and the other with Tony snuffing Chris out after a car crash. Obviously the second happened, though not in the last episode. It was surprising when it happened, but still planted in my mind, so not a complete wow moment. That said, nothing can prepare for the setup and the execution of the actors. I mean, the scene played out like nothing I could dream up, and the drive before the accident was amazing, esp. with the Pink Floyd lyrics "the child has grown...the dream is gone". Simply amazing. I don't care if I had the script beforehand, I didn't lose the impact of that scene.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I have to work today and tomorrow all day. So nothing sounds better, well some other things do. LOL But watching tomorrow nite's second to last Sopranos I can't wait. :D
    I have to work today and tomorrow all day. So nothing sounds better, well some other things do. LOL But watching tomorrow nite's second to last Sopranos I can't wait. :D

bump for tonight. :)
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I'm glad I missed another stupid fuck posting more spoilers. The bright side of waiting two weeks is if they hadn't tonight would have been the final episode. I can't wait to see how it all ends, and I guarantee it will mean more without knowing whats going to happen.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,088
    I was afraid I missed an episode last week. I'm thrilled I haven't.

These last two episodes are going to be AMAZING...I hope. :)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • duffyduffy Posts: 74
    for a sec I thought Tony was gonna let A.J. drown the way he let Christopher die. A.J. is a skeezix!
    culot4 wrote:
    I'm glad I missed another stupid fuck posting more spoilers.

Don't worry, we didn't miss your holier-than-thou bullshit either. :rolleyes: Go piss somewhere else, troll.
    Yea I'm glad I didn't read any of the spoiler stuff on the last 2 episodes. It's so going to be worth it not knowing. :D
    Yea I'm glad I didn't read any of the spoiler stuff on the last 2 episodes. It's so going to be worth it not knowing. :D

less than 3 and a half hours....:D:D:D
    cutback wrote:
    less than 3 and a half hours....:D:D:D

I have some family coming over and I said you have to leave by 7:55pm. LOL
    I have some family coming over and I said you have to leave by 7:55pm. LOL

right on!...:D.....i'm glad i have directv with hbo east....i wouldn't want to wait 'till 9 my time.....:)
    cutback wrote:
    right on!...:D.....i'm glad i have directv with hbo east....i wouldn't want to wait 'till 9 my time.....:)

It's really hitting me that's its almost over. It's so sad :(

Thank goodness for box sets :D
    cutback wrote:

Yeah I have HBO East too so I could watch it at 6pm but I never do. First off, because I have a six year old still running around at that time. 2nd, I like watching it later when things are chill.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,416
    actually i cant wait till the series is over......

so i can cancel HBO and save about $40 a month.....

hehehe....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Got some Sam Adams Summer Ale, scored some dank nugs today, and got some jumbo lump crabmeat to hook up some crab cakes. The Sopranos is getting the Superbowl treatment. The TV guide overview said ' A case of mistaken identity causes grave consequences '. I wonder what that is all about.

Thats what you dont understand All Nite Thing. Just because you want to take all the suprise out of it doesn't mean you have to fuck it up for everyone else who don't want to even scroll past that shit let alone read it, or be tempted to read it.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    actually i cant wait till the series is over......

so i can cancel HBO and save about $40 a month.....

hehehe....

After the last season of The Wire airs that may just happen. HBO is startng to slump with its original programming which is why I pay for it in the first place. John From Cincinatti and that other show about the guys in the band looks like total shit.
    culot4 wrote:
    After the last season of The Wire airs that may just happen. HBO is startng to slump with its original programming which is why I pay for it in the first place. John From Cincinatti and that other show about the guys in the band looks like total shit.

I need to check out The Wire. Hopefully they will have earlier seasons on demand before the new season starts.

I am on the fence about John from Cincinatti. I might give it a try.

I hate Entourage with a passion.
    Holly Fuckin Shit What A Episode Tonight!!!
    That was fucking crazy. Gandolfini is the man. Tony Soprano gets talked to in a way nobody has ever talked to him by Melfi, and then we see Tony go into hiding afraid for his life. I really have no idea how this is going to end.
    pretty fucking boring episode tonight....huh???
    culot4 wrote:
    That was fucking crazy. Gandolfini is the man. Tony Soprano gets talked to in a way nobody has ever talked to him by Melfi, and then we see Tony go into hiding afraid for his life. I really have no idea how this is going to end.

It's gonna end IMO with Tony killing Phil
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

except for the last 10 minutes, i was disappointed.

the scene with dr. melfie went on way too long.
    Nice shirt.

Are you kidding? It was the end with dr. melfie and the end for both familes. It was the start of the total end.
    Are you kidding? It was the end with dr. melfie and the end for both familes. It was the start of the total end.
    yes...i am kidding