Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    dude you don't have to read it that is why there is the huge space between the words SPOILER and the info...fucking little girls

It would be a cool move to delete what you wrote. I know you put a spoiler header on your post but someone who responds to whatever you wrote might not do the same thing. When that guy wrote about how he heard AJ was going to kill himself right after Blanca dumped him I thought yeah right. Then AJ fell into a deep depression and it looked like it was going to happen. The scene on Sunday would have been a lot more shocking because AJ trying to kill himself didn't even enter my mind.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    culot4 wrote:
    It would be a cool move to delete what you wrote. I know you put a spoiler header on your post but someone who responds to whatever you wrote might not do the same thing. When that guy wrote about how he heard AJ was going to kill himself right after Blanca dumped him I thought yeah right. Then AJ fell into a deep depression and it looked like it was going to happen. The scene on Sunday would have been a lot more shocking because AJ trying to kill himself didn't even enter my mind.

Plus you have to scroll down past the spoiler. It's just a dick move.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    No way am I reading that spoiler thread somebody made. Shame whoever did that. LOL I didn't even look at the name of who it was. If it's somebody that posts in here. Sorry I just dont like that. :D

Ahhh some of us like myself love this show alot and don't wanna know whats gonna happen. We love to guess but thats all.

Ok I'm off to watch my nephews baseball game. This show had a hold on me. hahaha

Seriously remove that other thread. :)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    dude you don't have to read it that is why there is the huge space between the words SPOILER and the info...fucking little girls

just edit it and ask to be pm'ed.......how hard is that?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    just edit it and ask to be pm'ed.......how hard is that?

All he had to type was "I have spoilers from The Sopranos". If you want to read them PM me.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    All he had to type was "I have spoilers from The Sopranos". If you want to read them PM me.

I agree with you and Cutback. :D
  • Options
    i guess it's a good thing i looked at this page first or i may have seen something i didn't want to, i guess...

anyway, this has to be the best cast ever assembled for a tv show. what a fantastic performance overall. the episode was very intense and the writing was brilliant. it was a pleasure to see some yeats involved as well. the actors on this show really bring some of these scenes to an unprecedented level, and aj's suicide attempt had to be one of the best they've done.

i think this episode made me appreciate the last one that much more, getting to hear some of tony's thoughts on his peyote journey. i find some of the scenes where tony or someone brings up something of substance to be so relatably awkward. it seems most of the guys have the same feelings or thoughts, but would never express them because of insecurities about appearing weak in front of the group if no one else agreed. that, or things get quiet and the subject quickly gets changed back to something more simple or a story like paulie's LSD story.

what a stupid thing for "coco" to do with meadow and tony was right when he told little carmine that he held back, and could have done worse if he'd wanted and been justified in doing so. that was a great scene in the restaurant with the teeth. later, the scene in the session with the dr., carmella and aj, i thought the tooth in the pantleg was reminiscent of "the test dream" episode where tony kept losing his teeth in his dream and showing that he was losing control in his life.

i'm so excited for the last two episodes, but i'll be sad when it's over.
  • Options
    oh, and the final scene with the music and tony walking sadly through the doors to see aj was just beautiful. i'm going to have to watch this one again i think.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    cutback wrote:
    little steven was on howard stern this morning.....

howard: "can we expect major violence in the next 2 weeks?"

steven: "yes"

hehehehe.....:)

Hearing him yesterday was great. But hearing him talk about being sad the show is over makes me sick that in fact it is going to be over. I will definitely be buying more box sets.
  • Options
    Finally had a chance to watch the last episode again. Just a few comments and observations:

Bobby B is moving up in the world. It doesn't seem that long ago he was making Uncle Junior his lunch, and now he is there for sit downs with New York.

The scene with the feds in Satriales had nothing to do with the rest of the episode. I'm wondering how its going to play out in the end because I don't think they would have put that scene in for nothing.

Meadow has become a beautiful woman.

Little Carmine is an idiot. He is like another Paulie in a way except his thing is he uses big words to try and sound smart but just winds up looking more stupid.

The scene where Tony pulls AJ out of the pool may be one of the best non-violent Sopranos moments ever.

Phil is a fuck and I hope he gets whacked. Its ok for him to do whatever he wants but when someone does exactly what he would do to someone that did that something to him he treats it like some kind of ultimate disrespect. He is a drama queen.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    culot4 wrote:
    Finally had a chance to watch the last episode again. Just a few comments and observations:

Bobby B is moving up in the world. It doesn't seem that long ago he was making Uncle Junior his lunch, and now he is there for sit downs with New York.

The scene with the feds in Satriales had nothing to do with the rest of the episode. I'm wondering how its going to play out in the end because I don't think they would have put that scene in for nothing.

Meadow has become a beautiful woman.

Little Carmine is an idiot. He is like another Paulie in a way except his thing is he uses big words to try and sound smart but just winds up looking more stupid.

The scene where Tony pulls AJ out of the pool may be one of the best non-violent Sopranos moments ever.

Phil is a fuck and I hope he gets whacked. Its ok for him to do whatever he wants but when someone does exactly what he would do to someone that did that something to him he treats it like some kind of ultimate disrespect. He is a drama queen.

agree on all points.....the feds scene is huge.....either the feds are trying to get more info out of tony or tony now thinks he doesn't have an out if a war starts....i think he wants to use terrorism as his way into the witness protection program without ratting on the family.......i can't wait 2 weeks....:mad:.....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    agree on all points.....the feds scene is huge.....either the feds are trying to get more info out of tony or tony now thinks he doesn't have an out if a war starts....i think he wants to use terrorism as his way into the witness protection program without ratting on the family.......i can't wait 2 weeks....:mad:.....:)

That seems like a pretty good theory. I don't think the feds keep hanging around Satriales for the veal parm.
  • Options
    Another thing that I noticed this episode was that I didn't miss Christopher. I was never a big fan of his but I thought he made the show interesting. I'm glad he's gone.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Another thing that I noticed this episode was that I didn't miss Christopher. I was never a big fan of his but I thought he made the show interesting. I'm glad he's gone.

I liked Chris better when he was a junkie gangster instead of the whiny sober guy making shitty slasher movies but I wouldn't say I'm glad he's gone. He was still a major character who helped make the show a classic. I hope when its all over the actors from Sopranos go on to other good projects.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    They definitely highlight the contrast between how Tony feels about Meadow as compared to AJ. And yeah, Meadow does look different somehow. To me she looked older.

What's the deal with AJ all of a sudden being interested in world events and classic literature. Guess he is finally starting to notice the things outside of his own coddled existence. Listening to him talk, especially in therapy, he is starting to sound like Tony with the phrases and things he says. He has finally developed into a real character this season.

I don't understand why the guy would confront and mess with Meadow in the restaurant like that. Seemed kinda random. Is there a connection that I missed?

Interesting the way they shot the scene at Phil's house. He never shows his face to Tony. He just yells at them through the window.
    I wonder if Carmine will consider getting further involved in the NY dealings. He's been content to do his own thing in Florida and just be a go between when needed, but Phil is becoming unstable. Maybe even he could be the one who "has been playing both sides of the fence". He may have a big part in how this thing ends.

Has Carmella finally started to see that the material things aren't that important? She throws the expensive watch at Tony. That is unlike her. She has always let the money and material things divert her attention from the shit storm around her. Oh I guess I can accept my husband killing people as long as I have a Porche Cayenne to drive to Nordstroms in. I guess seeing AJ try to kill himself made a slight impression.

I love all the misused words in this show. I think one of the HBO commercials strings a bunch of them together. This week Carmine had one. I can't remember what he said, but its great every time one of these guys tries to say something intelligent and uses the wrong word. Great writing as always on this show.
    Brian
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    NCBRI wrote:
    I love all the misused words in this show. I think one of the HBO commercials strings a bunch of them together. This week Carmine had one. I can't remember what he said, but its great every time one of these guys tries to say something intelligent and uses the wrong word. Great writing as always on this show.

my favorite line from carmine, "historically, historical changes have come from war."
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    here's something that's been on my mind just a bit. going back to christopher's last episode, when tony and phil were talking, christopher kept looking around, like he was nervous. sure, he was high, but is there a possibility something else was making him nervous? from what i can remember, i can't recall ever seeing christopher wear a baseball cap, but he had one on that night, and still had it on in the car accident. thinking back a few seasons ago, wasn't there a character the feds had flipped and they planted a wire in his baseball cap? he was constantly meeting tony in a diner, remember? i'm sure it's probably nothing....but with david chase, you never know.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    They definitely highlight the contrast between how Tony feels about Meadow as compared to AJ. And yeah, Meadow does look different somehow. To me she looked older.

What's the deal with AJ all of a sudden being interested in world events and classic literature. Guess he is finally starting to notice the things outside of his own coddled existence. Listening to him talk, especially in therapy, he is starting to sound like Tony with the phrases and things he says. He has finally developed into a real character this season.

I don't understand why the guy would confront and mess with Meadow in the restaurant like that. Seemed kinda random. Is there a connection that I missed?

Interesting the way they shot the scene at Phil's house. He never shows his face to Tony. He just yells at them through the window.
    I wonder if Carmine will consider getting further involved in the NY dealings. He's been content to do his own thing in Florida and just be a go between when needed, but Phil is becoming unstable. Maybe even he could be the one who "has been playing both sides of the fence". He may have a big part in how this thing ends.

Has Carmella finally started to see that the material things aren't that important? She throws the expensive watch at Tony. That is unlike her. She has always let the money and material things divert her attention from the shit storm around her. Oh I guess I can accept my husband killing people as long as I have a Porche Cayenne to drive to Nordstroms in. I guess seeing AJ try to kill himself made a slight impression.

Carmella knows Tony gave her that gift out of guilt.

Carmine had his chance to step and be boss but passed.

I agree with what you said about AJ.

I think Coco messed with Meadow, aside from him being drunk, is because New York thinks they're hot shit with Phil.
  • Options
    oh, and one other thing: fuck carmella. she's laying it all on tony and his side of the family, she should take a long hard look in the mirror. her fucking kid is depressed beyond belief, her daughter told her he was hinting about suicide, and what does she do? she leaves him alone in the house to go shopping with her cunt friends.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    here's something that's been on my mind just a bit. going back to christopher's last episode, when tony and phil were talking, christopher kept looking around, like he was nervous. sure, he was high, but is there a possibility something else was making him nervous? from what i can remember, i can't recall ever seeing christopher wear a baseball cap, but he had one on that night, and still had it on in the car accident. thinking back a few seasons ago, wasn't there a character the feds had flipped and they planted a wire in his baseball cap? he was constantly meeting tony in a diner, remember? i'm sure it's probably nothing....but with david chase, you never know.

Very good theory. I remember the guy gave Tony a panting and then later Tony threw it in the river or something. The guy was found in the truck of a car if I remember. I think somebody has flipped, maybe not we shall see.
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    oh, and one other thing: fuck carmella. she's laying it all on tony and his side of the family, she should take a long hard look in the mirror. her fucking kid is depressed beyond belief, her daughter told her he was hinting about suicide, and what does she do? she leaves him alone in the house to go shopping with her cunt friends.

I hope in the end Carmella ends up having to work at Kmart. lol
  • Options
    Very good theory. I remember the guy gave Tony a panting and then later Tony threw it in the river or something. The guy was found in the truck of a car if I remember. I think somebody has flipped, maybe not we shall see.

lol, yeah that's it. i remember now.

tony didn't have much luck with paintings. remember the one paulie ended up taking of tony and pie-o-my?
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    lol, yeah that's it. i remember now.

tony didn't have much luck with paintings. remember the one paulie ended up taking of tony and pie-o-my?

Yep I sure do. Paulie put that right on his mantle. Tony got pist when he saw that later on.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    moeaholic wrote:
    Very plausible theory... Perhaps that explains while talking business in the car Chris turned on the radio really loud? He was protecting Tony.. But that might also mean that Tony might get busted because his testimony doesn't match with the audio recording of the accident...
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:

Coco confronted Meadow because he is trying to get at Tony for cancelling the jobs that he and Phil's #2 went to collect the money on.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Coco confronted Meadow because he is trying to get at Tony for cancelling the jobs that he and Phil's #2 went to collect the money on.

You are correct sir. :)

I don't know if your a he or she so I guessed. lol
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    moeaholic wrote:

Chris could have flipped since he killed that guy (JT?) the week before, maybe he got nailed on that.

Bobby could also have flipped after shooting the kid in the laundrymat.

Also, back to the Patsy Parisi connection, I think Tony had his twin brother killed if I remember correctly, so having Meadow hook up with the older son is an interesting twist. The younger son is one of the two Jasons that AJ was starting to run around with.

Phil is a maniac, but he is hysterical. I look at him and start laughing, he doesnt even have to say anything. Especially liked the episode where he talked about his last name being changed to Leotardo from Leonardo at Ellis Island. Good stuff.

I am really gonna miss this show when its over, its been brilliant year after year. Even when they made us wait for over a year to see a new season, it was worth it in the long run. Sad to see it go. HBO has the best shows and then they end them too soon IMO, Six Feet Under and Deadwood were both amazing shows as well, hated to see them end.
  • Options
    You are correct sir. :)

I don't know if your a he or she so I guessed. lol

Good guess!
  • Options
    alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    I could definitely see Chris flipping, especially since he had pulled away from the mob scene the last season or two (how they said he was never around anymore). Good spot with the hat. I love Phil's character. His rant about compromise in prison was classic.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Options
    I think either Chris flipped or maybe Bobby. We shall see what all happens. Too bad we have to wait until next Sunday.