Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    That scene on the boat was crazy tense. I'm sure those of us who know the show were thinking Big Pussy right before Paulie did....I guess its a bad idea to eat off of Phil's plate....Anyone get a load of Uncle Juniors face at the very end....Stellar acting tonight from everyone. One more thing...Tony Soprano is a son of a bitch. Not in a good or cool way....just a son of a bitch.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    culot4 wrote:
    Anyone get a load of Uncle Juniors face at the very end

He's medicated now. How about the look on Paulie's face as the boat left the dock.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    I loved Tony's face at the end when they were back in Jersey and Paulie was yapping away again.

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    culot4 wrote:
    That scene on the boat was crazy tense. I'm sure those of us who know the show were thinking Big Pussy right before Paulie did....I guess its a bad idea to eat off of Phil's plate....Anyone get a load of Uncle Juniors face at the very end....Stellar acting tonight from everyone. One more thing...Tony Soprano is a son of a bitch. Not in a good or cool way....just a son of a bitch.

Agreed. I thought Tony was really an asshole last night.

Not the greatest episode but I still enjoyed it. I have to give it to the people that put the preview together for last night's episode because it looked a lot better than it turned out to be.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    rrivers wrote:

Not the greatest episode but I still enjoyed it. I have to give it to the people that put the preview together for last night's episode because it looked a lot better than it turned out to be.
    I agree..I feel like they are stalling.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    what a crock of shit

this show SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    what a crock of shit

this show SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No don't say that. Last nite's show was a bridge for what's to come. It was very slow last nite but I thought it was still great. I laughed so hard seeing Paulie sitting 3 feet from his t.v and laughing like crazy to Three's Company. I think that's the last we see of Uncle Junior.
  • Options
    mardud wrote:
    I agree..I feel like they are stalling.

I don't think they are stalling but getting us ready for what's to come. Last night's episode will make sense later on maybe. I think we are all in for a treat from here to the end now. How I will miss this great show. Only 6 more left. :(
  • Options
    timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    I think that's the last we see of Uncle Junior.

I agree with this. I think what they are doing is wrapping up every character. Junior is now just a harmless old man now and Paulie will always be an asshole who talks too much but knows how things run (giving Tony the coffee maker thing at the end). Thats my take, I dont think either Junior or Paulie will have an impact the rest of the way. Who knows I could be wrong.
  • Options
    pjfanatic4pjfanatic4 Posts: 127
    rrivers wrote:

Disagree. I think the show met the expectations from the preview.

The folks that make Sopranos are masters of the uneventful. They kept you at the edge of your seat, making you wait for something to happen and then nothing does. It has happened many times before.

Tony was pissed. He wanted Paulie to give up how he got Ralphie whacked. He knows Paulie passed on the joke and was ready to make him pay. He also knows he may be a liability.

Sad ending for Jr. I agree that will be the end of his run. He ended up giving in to the "system".

Question: Who was the "Larry" (?) that covered Tony's butt by blaming Aprile? I missed who that person was.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    I may be wrong but I have a feeling Paulie is a dead man tonight. Back to the show now. hehe

Paulie will never get wacked. He made it in his contract that he never gets wacked during the duration of the show.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Can we see the pictures?

yes give me a week, I am going to take some better ones with it being warmer, it actually stayed pretty cold up there this spring.

I missed last nights episode becasue I was at cornell.

cant wait
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    it also painted a 'nice' picture of Phil's bitterness under all those pictures of dead leaders.

i think there's no coincidence in Bobby giving T that automatic rifle.

and shit when Bobby wacked that kid it ripped a good piece of his shirt.. i think he's going down for it..

any1 here also heard the finale will be an extra long episode?
    yes the leotardo thing I took it as a direct shot at tony's people in jersey, where tony had that property and mentions how his family history was a big part of the italian history comming over.

no more shows
  • Options
    Paulie will never get wacked. He made it in his contract that he never gets wacked during the duration of the show.

I read that he had it in his contract that his character would never be a rat, not never be whacked.
  • Options
    Paulie walnuts is the shit.

The part where tony is playing cards and everyone is laughing at his jokes, excpt for loggia, is priceless.

As far as the show, its always good, it just is so differant at times, it appeals to everyone.
    So many differant directors and differant style of scenes.

no more shows
  • Options
    pjfanatic4 wrote:
    Disagree. I think the show met the expectations from the preview.

The folks that make Sopranos are masters of the uneventful. They kept you at the edge of your seat, making you wait for something to happen and then nothing does. It has happened many times before.

Tony was pissed. He wanted Paulie to give up how he got Ralphie whacked. He knows Paulie passed on the joke and was ready to make him pay. He also knows he may be a liability.

Sad ending for Jr. I agree that will be the end of his run. He ended up giving in to the "system".

Question: Who was the "Larry" (?) that covered Tony's butt by blaming Aprile? I missed who that person was.

The previews did not show uneventful things happening though. I am fine with an uneventful episode as long as it is interesting and this one was just ok.

Ralph didn't get whacked because of Paulie, he got whacked because Tony thought he killed the horse. The main thing Tony was worried about with Paulie, was about him being a liability talking to the feds. He doesn't give two shits about the insult to Johnny Sac's wife.

I do agree it is sad for Jr. I liked how Jr. was trying to get his old life back inside. Similiar to Vito trying to get things going when he was on the lam. It is a hard life to give up.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I read that he had it in his contract that his character would never be a rat, not never be whacked.

I highly doubt they will kill anyone major beforew the end, but this is just my opinion.

I would like to see janice get it though I hate her.

no more shows
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    The previews did not show uneventful things happening though. I am fine with an uneventful episode as long as it is interesting and this one was just ok.

Ralph didn't get whacked because of Paulie, he got whacked because Tony thought he killed the horse. The main thing Tony was worried about with Paulie, was about him being a liability talking to the feds. He doesn't give two shits about the insult to Johnny Sac's wife.

I do agree it is sad for Jr. I liked how Jr. was trying to get his old life back inside. Similiar to Vito trying to get things going when he was on the lam. It is a hard life to give up.

You're right, Ralphie got whacked because of the horse. It's starting to come back.. he he...

I think Tony still pushed the issue because he wanted to prove in his mind the lack of trust he has on Paulie. It definitely caused his some trouble between him and Johnny at the time.
  • Options

The only people that are safe from a wacking are the kids IMO. heh
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    side note:
    how fucking terrible was entourage last night?
  • Options
    side note:

Agreed.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    rrivers wrote:

A hard life to give up, is it?

Of what family are you a member?
    :)
  • Options
    side note:

I have never liked that show. A show about losers following around a loser actor just doesn't appeal to me. Plus I hate Jeremy Piven and Marky Marky.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    A hard life to give up, is it?

Of what family are you a member?
    :)

Sorry, can't talk right now. I'm with my goomar.
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    as in regard to Paulie: he is a risk because he will soon lose his last 'legit' income for the books plus he talks way to much to people about things he should keep his mouth closed about.. and it's clear that Tony is irritated about that.

the funniest part imo Jr writing "Dear mr vice president Dick Cheney...."
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    The only people that are safe from a wacking are the kids IMO. heh

I wish the kids got wacked earlier on in the series. AJ bores me to death and Meadow the same.

I'm up to the middle of season 5 now, and can someone tell me how we've gone this far without Adriana getting naked?
  • Options
    I wish the kids got wacked earlier on in the series. AJ bores me to death and Meadow the same.

I'm up to the middle of season 5 now, and can someone tell me how we've gone this far without Adriana getting naked?

AJ yes knock him off, but Meadow I hope is the only left standing at the end of all of this.

Andriana huh well I guess you won't like what happens to her.
  • Options

Andriana huh well I guess you won't like what happens to her.

I know she gets wacked due to the FBI stuff, but please get her naked before it happens!
  • Options
    I know she gets wacked due to the FBI stuff, but please get her naked before it happens!

The body yes the face ahhhh jury is still out on that one. haha