Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    anyone looking to catch up, watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_Ees_-kE4
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I started watching Season 2 and I was cracking up when Tony said this.

Bobby B: To The Victor, Belongs The Spoils

Tony: Why Don't You Get The Fuck Out Of Here Before I Shove Your Quotations Book Up Your Fat Fucking Ass!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Under the boardwalk...someone's c**k in Janice's mouth...under the boardwalk :D

Priceless :cool:

I really think they're setting this up to be big. I don't know why people don't like the 'slow' times, there's INCREDIBLE character development, foreshadowing and real cinematic genius that goes into some of these scenes. We wouldn't love the characters the way we do if it weren't for these scnenes/episodes. If it were just a 'mob' show, we wouldn't care so much. He real family has just as much importance to the show as his mob one, and that's what makes this show the best ever.

As for the final eight...
    - I bet Bobby will get tapped by the FBI and Tony will get wind and take him out. That incident in the laundromat has some significance, the ripped shirt, etc. Janice may flip after this and either a)finish the job her mother didn't with Tony or b)Kill Bobby. Her 'men' have met untimely ends (Richie, Ralph)

- The FBI closing in. These little things (gun in the snow, French guy, etc) will build up and he'll get nabbed. Will he go on trial with Johnny, Feech, Bobby?, etc testifying against him? Will he enter witness protection to rat out the NY crew, so he and his family can move to Arizona (Finnerty fantasy life???)

- Chrissy is a goner. One way or another.

- With all of Paulie's 'issues' lately, will he snap? Will he start a major bloodbath with NY? Who was that guy in Kaisha in Phil's hospital room, the little Pesci-looking wiseguy starting shit with T? Will he make a move and take someone out? Sil? Paulie? Chris?

Can't wait...so many questions left unanswered and so many directions this show could take. I'm confident they'll do right though. People are so anxious that things haven't happened. SO much can and has happened in a single episode that they can certainly fit a TON into these final 8. Bada Bing! :cool:

Last week's show was a great preview of things to come. You bring up some great points. I for sure think Bobby messed up with that shooting. Chrissy for sure could be a goner. Paulie is gonna snap soon. Phil's crew want a war. Maybe his guys kill him cause he's not up for a war. I can't wait and yet am sad only 8 more are left. Gonna miss this show.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    RIP Johnny Sack
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Now THAT was a great fucking episode, and is why I'm going to miss this show so much. Get ready. Phil is going to start some shit. One question though...what happened to Chris' other sponsor. When did Shooter McGavin enter the picture?
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Now THAT was a great fucking episode, and is why I'm going to miss this show so much. Get ready. Phil is going to start some shit. One question though...what happened to Chris' other sponsor. When did Shooter McGavin enter the picture?

Ohh boy Phil is going to war. Yep great fucking episode tonight. Chrissy is a dead man I say.
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    culot4 wrote:
    One question though...what happened to Chris' other sponsor. When did Shooter McGavin enter the picture?

Hahahaha!!! Shooter McGavin. I did a double take when he came on the scene. Nice they showed more Christopher this episode. And if I'm not mistaken, the guy he clocked in the head with the glass award is the guy from "Wings". Whaaat??? They're pulling all sorts of characters this season. Poor Johnny Sack. I always liked him. Good episode, as always.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    culot4 wrote:
    A fucking GREAT episode tonight!!!

LOL...my buddy and I both caught Shooter McGavin!!!

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Ahh, that was a funny movie.

But i digress.....some shit is going to go down with Phil Leotardo. That was great the story behind his name. "Because they're stupid!"

And the shit between Tony and Chris is going to get intense as well.

Sopranos seems to be going out with style. I sure will miss the show.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Chris's last sponsor is now a main character on "Knights of Prosperity" so I'm guessing he had to choose one or the other. As far as Shooter, that actor will always be known as that. My friends and I said the same thing during the show. It's almost like George, Kramer, and Elaine.

"Shooter!! Wanna go to Sizzler and get some grub?!?"
    "Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays,
    a lesson to be applied. "
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    aNiMaL wrote:
    A fucking GREAT episode tonight!!!

LOL...my buddy and I both caught Shooter McGavin!!!

I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

Ahh, that was a funny movie.

But i digress.....some shit is going to go down with Phil Leotardo. That was great the story behind his name. "Because they're stupid!"

And the shit between Tony and Chris is going to get intense as well.

Sopranos seems to be going out with style. I sure will miss the show.

i couldn't stop laughing at the whole "story of the leotardo's".

great ending to the episode, too. things are about to escalate.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:

''Because they're stupid'' hehe
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    Who killed Phil Leotardo's brother?
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Stelly wrote:
    Who killed Phil Leotardo's brother?

Steve Buscemi's character Tony Blundetto who was Tony's cousin
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    Steve Buscemi's character Tony Blundetto who was Tony's cousin

Chrissy is a dead man. By either Tony or by Phil and his crew.
  • Options
    RobMoneyRobMoney Posts: 1
    I was thinking the writer guy Chrissy keeps beating in the head might be involved somehow with Chrissy going.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I thought last night's episode started slowly but the second half hour kicked ass! Just when I thought it was over, they had the scene with Phil Leotardo and the baptism. Great scene with Tony hugging Christofuh.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Don't forget to watch tonight at 7:45pm eastern/pacific for a behind the scenes of "Cleaver". :)
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    cutback wrote:
    Don't forget to watch tonight at 7:45pm eastern/pacific for a behind the scenes of "Cleaver". :)

I really couldn't decide whether that effort was shameless or brilliant.

I didn't watch it, so someone will have to tell me which it was.

Episode was very enjoyable, especially the latter parts.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Hey late to this thread but got the scoop on the shows ending. We have been working in North Caldwell about 2 blocks from aspen ct. The locals are all talking about it, dont know if what I have heard is true, but fuck if we dont drive by their house everyday and get out and lurk, actually made it up the driveway for a few pictures. Its amazing how real they keep the towns in the show.
    Ill have to read the last few pages and get into this thread.
    I just finished up watching every episode again and am in full swing.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I think the last episode is a nice set up for a great show this Sunday!! (let's hope:) )
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I started watching Season 2 and I was cracking up when Tony said this.

Bobby B: To The Victor, Belongs The Spoils

Tony: Why Don't You Get The Fuck Out Of Here Before I Shove Your Quotations Book Up Your Fat Fucking Ass!

Yes great part, also the part where pauly takes big puss to the gym for a massage and tells him lets go its on the house, take off your fucking clothes
    cmon lets go

no more shows
  • Options
    Whatever you heard about how the show ends I kindly ask you just keep it to yourself regardless if its bullshit. I've heard the cast uses numbered scripts and they shoot multiple endings, so even they don't know what happens.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Whatever you heard about how the show ends I kindly ask you just keep it to yourself regardless if its bullshit. I've heard the cast uses numbered scripts and they shoot multiple endings, so even they don't know what happens.

Did I even mention it, no. I am not a moron.

no more shows
  • Options
    Hey late to this thread but got the scoop on the shows ending. We have been working in North Caldwell about 2 blocks from aspen ct. The locals are all talking about it, dont know if what I have heard is true, but fuck if we dont drive by their house everyday and get out and lurk, actually made it up the driveway for a few pictures. Its amazing how real they keep the towns in the show.
    Ill have to read the last few pages and get into this thread.
    I just finished up watching every episode again and am in full swing.

Can we see the pictures?
  • Options
    Yes great part, also the part where pauly takes big puss to the gym for a massage and tells him lets go its on the house, take off your fucking clothes
    cmon lets go

"If I go in there, I could check the fuck out!"
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    moeaholic wrote:
    it also painted a 'nice' picture of Phil's bitterness under all those pictures of dead leaders.

i think there's no coincidence in Bobby giving T that automatic rifle.

and shit when Bobby wacked that kid it ripped a good piece of his shirt.. i think he's going down for it..

any1 here also heard the finale will be an extra long episode?
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    I think the thing with Bobby B was insignificant as far as storyline. I thought for a minute that when they showed the clothes dryer that maybe they were going to find a bullet that might be evidence. Right after that Bobby just tosses the gun on the ground so there went that theory. Plus it happened in Canada which is a completely different jurisdiction as far as the Rico case they've been building against Tony. I think that whole sequence was meant to show just how much Tony can manipulate a situation. Bobby realized that beating up the boss was a dangerous thing to do, and Tony knew that he knew that so he used him to do his dirty work even though Bobby had never killed anyone.....Anyway, tonight should provide some good Paulie and his classic one liners.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    it also painted a 'nice' picture of Phil's bitterness under all those pictures of dead leaders.

i think there's no coincidence in Bobby giving T that automatic rifle.

and shit when Bobby wacked that kid it ripped a good piece of his shirt.. i think he's going down for it..

any1 here also heard the finale will be an extra long episode?

I think the finale is going to be 2 parts. Sometimes I hear there are 8 episodes and sometimes 9 so the nine might be counting the 2 parts of episode 8 as separate episodes.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    culot4 wrote:
    I think the thing with Bobby B was insignificant as far as storyline. I thought for a minute that when they showed the clothes dryer that maybe they were going to find a bullet that might be evidence. Right after that Bobby just tosses the gun on the ground so there went that theory. Plus it happened in Canada which is a completely different jurisdiction as far as the Rico case they've been building against Tony. I think that whole sequence was meant to show just how much Tony can manipulate a situation. Bobby realized that beating up the boss was a dangerous thing to do, and Tony knew that he knew that so he used him to do his dirty work even though Bobby had never killed anyone.....Anyway, tonight should provide some good Paulie and his classic one liners.
    Paulie is the character I've found to be more and more amusing thru out the series, I actually do his stupid hand thing with the two fingers..

anyways Bobby knows a lot about what is going down and it wouldnt surprise me if he is gonna be flipped. we'll see..
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    I may be wrong but I have a feeling Paulie is a dead man tonight. Back to the show now. hehe