Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I've read some potential spoilers for this last season...interesting storylines if they are true.

PBM

Can you pm them to me?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    To me their the annoying characters.

I'm only on Season 3 and I find them to be pretty bland thus far. Does it get worse? I must say as a newcomer to the Sopranos, Seasons 1 & 2 were unreal. I could watch those over and over.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    I'm only on Season 3 and I find them to be pretty bland thus far. Does it get worse? I must say as a newcomer to the Sopranos, Seasons 1 & 2 were unreal. I could watch those over and over.

I think you have to adjust your viewpoint from here on. Once Livia died the focus of the show seemed to change. It's still good, but there is something missing.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    cutback wrote:
    I think David Chase just didn't utilize her last season. Since she isn't living at home or even in Jersey there wasn't much for her character to do.
    She was utilized. She didn't move to California until the end of the season. She was in the majority of the season and I have seen her promote the upcoming episodes....so I am sure Meadow is still in it.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I don't follow the behind the scenes. Was Meadow written out due to a contract issue or something else?
    No, I have seen her promoting the upcoming episodes.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    I think you have to adjust your viewpoint from here on. Once Livia died the focus of the show seemed to change. It's still good, but there is something missing.
    And I don't think it did change. She is still brought up by Dr. Melfi. Tony still has mother issues. I think where we saw a slight decline in the violence was season 4 after 9/11. But ever with that (and it is far from a violence free show), i think the writing is so phenomenal that the show still stands on its own two feet.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    She was utilized. She didn't move to California until the end of the season. She was in the majority of the season and I have seen her promote the upcoming episodes....so I am sure Meadow is still in it.

Yeah I know she still on the show but she didn't have a huge character arc like she did with Jackie Jr. It seemed like her bf Fin had a bigger storyline than she did. :)
  • Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Fifth season with Steve Buscemi is excellent.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    Yeah I know she still on the show but she didn't have a huge character arc like she did with Jackie Jr. It seemed like her bf Fin had a bigger storyline than she did. :)
    That's a good point. Her strip tease moments were worth her being there. Damn, she is hot. :D
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That's a good point. Her strip tease moments were worth her being there. Damn, she is hot. :D

No kidding! :) They finally let her be thin instead of telling her to "fatten up".
  • Options
    piaget77 wrote:
    It sure was better than season 6 with the Vito/Johnny Cakes gay shit.

Though season 6 starting with T getting shot by Uncle Jun was totally unexpected and Edie Falco should have won an award for her role as Carmela in those episodes.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    piaget77 wrote:

I didn't care for the fifth season...but to be fair, I didn't like last season that much either. However, after watching the reruns over the past few weeks, I've really started to like season 6 more.

The two seasons with Joey Pants were the best. Ralph was the best character on the show.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Ralph was the best character on the show.

PBM

Yep Ralph was the best. :)
  • Options
    The "Pine Barrens" with Chris, Paulie, and the Russian dude in the snow is my favorite episode....probably.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The "Pine Barrens" with Chris, Paulie, and the Russian dude in the snow is my favorite episode....probably.

Will the Russian or Furio play a part in the final season? Those two characters were kind of left hanging out there.

It'll be like the ending of Carlito's Way.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    aNiMaL wrote:

Yeah, that's also my favorite episode....along with the 3rd episode of the first season where A.J. realizes what his dad does for a living. Amazing.
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    Still my favorite show of all time.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    the sopranos is like my favourite film that just doesnt end.

Im up to episode4 of season6 and am still pretty damn impressed by it, think furio is finished unless he turns up with a rival crew or something. the russian guy reappearing could happen though.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I'm hearing that a main character gets killed in one of the first 2 episode's. Anybody else hear this? I haven't payed much attention to this thread. But looking forward to the new and last season sadly of the Sopranos.
  • Options
    I'm hearing that a main character gets killed in one of the first 2 episode's. Anybody else hear this? I haven't payed much attention to this thread. But looking forward to the new and last season sadly of the Sopranos.

I read a review of the first two episodes on Ain't It Cool News (*Possible Spoilers*)

PBM

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Miami Silvio

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/Images/news0407silvio.jpg

COMING TO HBO IN 2008: MIAMI SILVIO

Sopranos spin-off takes Silvio Dante down south
    With the final episodes of HBO's Sopranos about to air, the cable network revealed today that at least one character will escape whacking: Steve Van Zandt's "Silvio Dante" character will get a second life in Miami Silvio, a spin-off in development now by David Chase. The dramedy will be set one year after the events of the Sopranos series finale, as Silvio and his wife pack their bags for sunny Florida to open Bada Bing South. In this classic fish-out-of-water scenario, the Dantes try to blend in and keep their line of work under wraps. But a nosy divorcee neighbor -- a boozy, flirty Beverly D'Angelo -- has eyes for Silvio, and it's only a matter of time before she discovers the truth. Meanwhile, her son (Jason Biggs) becomes an unlikely pal and confidante. The Bing gets a Latin twist with a slightly new look, and Silvio himself gets a new catchphrase: "Caliente!"
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    piaget77 wrote:
    I'm just done with season 4, started watching all seasons since the break, doubt I'll finish watching everything before april 8... I might just save up the new episodes till I'm done watching the rest.. How I love these series!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    piaget77 wrote:
    I'm just done with season 4, started watching all seasons since the break, doubt I'll finish watching everything before april 8... I might just save up the new episodes till I'm done watching the rest.. How I love these series!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    There's a nice 7 minute Soprano's recap on You Tube.

This will get you up-to-speed for Sunday.

PBM

• Options
    I fucking cannot WAIT for Sunday!!!!!

I just watched the cast members talking about the upcoming season on a clip from CNN. And I watched the Ghosts of the Mob....a look at all the dead characters from all the seasons on On Demand.

I have reason to beleive that Furio and the Russian will return for the finale season. In the Ghost recap....when they got to the Russian, they had a question mark after the year he may have died. A Question mark!!! They know what we know.....no one is sure if he died or not....I think he'll be back to whack Paulie. And, after watching that cast members thing on CNN.....Furio was there!!! I think he too will make a reappearance this year.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I fucking cannot WAIT for Sunday!!!!!

I just watched the cast members talking about the upcoming season on a clip from CNN. And I watched the Ghosts of the Mob....a look at all the dead characters from all the seasons on On Demand.

I have reason to beleive that Furio and the Russian will return for the finale season. In the Ghost recap....when they got to the Russian, they had a question mark after the year he may have died. A Question mark!!! They know what we know.....no one is sure if he died or not....I think he'll be back to whack Paulie. And, after watching that cast members thing on CNN.....Furio was there!!! I think he too will make a reappearance this year.

Not to rain on your parade and I'm with ya in your enthusiasm but I saw David Proval (Richie Aprile) at the premiere as well so that isn't a definite certainty that Furio will be back. But the Russian could turn states and turn in Paulie and Chris....very excited for Sunday...Masters...Sopranos...Entourage.....:D:D
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!!!! I'm so excited. It's been a long time coming and I can't believe it's almost here. One of the best shows ever! :D
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    I read a review of the first two episodes on Ain't It Cool News (*Possible Spoilers*)

PBM

thanks for the link. :)
  • Options

PBM
    Damn it PBM.....to read it or not to read it.....that s the question. I want to know....but then again I may want to be surprised.