8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Damn it PBM.....to read it or not to read it.....that s the question. I want to know....but then again I may want to be surprised.

Don't read it...it appears to be spot on with the Newsweek synopsis I read this week as well.

However, it sounds like the season gets off to a great start.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Very good first episode.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Very good first episode.

how did you see already? :confused:
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Here we go...east coast feed 6:00
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    how did you see already? :confused:

I downloaded it like a week ago. Never got around to watching it untill now.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    I downloaded it like a week ago. Never got around to watching it untill now.

:mad:

:p

don't say anything for the next hour....:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    :mad:

:p

don't say anything for the next hour....:D

of course not.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Fantastic! Ahhh....how I've missed this show. Here's to a great last season. *cheers*
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    well that was pretty cool.....:)..........could be cool final episodes........;)
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Agh I started watching all episodes again when they stopped, now I'm 1/2 way season 5 and decided I'm gonna go thru with it, so I'm saving the new one till I've seen the rest, thanks for not spoiling anything in this thread so far...
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    I can no longer read this thread!!! I finished season 3 last night and don't want to know what happens next until I watch it myself. Why did I wait so long to get introduced to this show?? I am beyond addicted.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    tonys birthday started out great! :p

i have a crush on Mrs Soprano, she reminds me of someone i know :D
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    That was great last night!!! The fight between Bobby and Tony was awesome!!!

Next week it looks like it comes back to more of the other family's side.
  • Options
    pjfanatic4pjfanatic4 Posts: 127
    Hey... GREAT start to the last season...

Is this a thread to discuss the show?? I don't want to spoil it to those catching up...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    typical , slow moving season premiere.

way too much storyline up in the mountains,

we need more bada bing and silvio !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    typical , slow moving season premiere.

way too much storyline up in the mountains,

we need more bada bing and silvio !

I agree, we need more mafia-related stuff, not a therapy session with tony and janice..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Loved the Monopoly hotel stuck to Tony's face.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    I figured out HBO's evil plan: They gave us the channel Sunday for free so we could watch Soprano's and Entourage just once. I guess they figured we'd get addicted and want to order HBO. They're right.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    pjfanatic4 wrote:
    Hey... GREAT start to the last season...

Is this a thread to discuss the show?? I don't want to spoil it to those catching up...

It's discussion. People can stay away until they catch up.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    azwyldcats wrote:
    Loved the Monopoly hotel stuck to Tony's face.
    LOL. Great touch indeed.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I don't know. For such a great show getting ready to come to its end I was expecting something different. I thought they were going to start tying up lose ends instead of making the gentle giant Bobby B. into some kind of cold blooded killer. Maybe Tony manipulated him or maybe Janice is starting to rub off on Bobby but they don't have time for that with only 8 episodes left. Tony's alpha male status is affected for sure though, and who knows what else Bobby is capable of now.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    last night's episode was a yawner
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Under the boardwalk...someone's c**k in Janice's mouth...under the boardwalk :D

Priceless :cool:

I really think they're setting this up to be big. I don't know why people don't like the 'slow' times, there's INCREDIBLE character development, foreshadowing and real cinematic genius that goes into some of these scenes. We wouldn't love the characters the way we do if it weren't for these scnenes/episodes. If it were just a 'mob' show, we wouldn't care so much. He real family has just as much importance to the show as his mob one, and that's what makes this show the best ever.

As for the final eight...
    - I bet Bobby will get tapped by the FBI and Tony will get wind and take him out. That incident in the laundromat has some significance, the ripped shirt, etc. Janice may flip after this and either a)finish the job her mother didn't with Tony or b)Kill Bobby. Her 'men' have met untimely ends (Richie, Ralph)

- The FBI closing in. These little things (gun in the snow, French guy, etc) will build up and he'll get nabbed. Will he go on trial with Johnny, Feech, Bobby?, etc testifying against him? Will he enter witness protection to rat out the NY crew, so he and his family can move to Arizona (Finnerty fantasy life???)

- Chrissy is a goner. One way or another.

- With all of Paulie's 'issues' lately, will he snap? Will he start a major bloodbath with NY? Who was that guy in Kaisha in Phil's hospital room, the little Pesci-looking wiseguy starting shit with T? Will he make a move and take someone out? Sil? Paulie? Chris?

Can't wait...so many questions left unanswered and so many directions this show could take. I'm confident they'll do right though. People are so anxious that things haven't happened. SO much can and has happened in a single episode that they can certainly fit a TON into these final 8. Bada Bing! :cool:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Yahoo posted an article about last nights show and spilled the beans about what happens to Johnny Sack without giving any kind of spoiler warning. I'm pissed cause its big, and I didn't want to know.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    the best part of watching the first of the final nine episodes was the part when my friend's girl quit talking during the early minutes of the show. when it was over, we realized she had passed out. thank you god.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    janice's story was funny as hell about their father shooting through their mother's beehive hair-do..when carmella ask's about the residue or what happened to the hair and she says the next day she had a bob...i lost it!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Under the boardwalk...someone's c**k in Janice's mouth...under the boardwalk :D

Priceless :cool:

I really think they're setting this up to be big. I don't know why people don't like the 'slow' times, there's INCREDIBLE character development, foreshadowing and real cinematic genius that goes into some of these scenes. We wouldn't love the characters the way we do if it weren't for these scnenes/episodes. If it were just a 'mob' show, we wouldn't care so much. He real family has just as much importance to the show as his mob one, and that's what makes this show the best ever.

As for the final eight...
    - I bet Bobby will get tapped by the FBI and Tony will get wind and take him out. That incident in the laundromat has some significance, the ripped shirt, etc. Janice may flip after this and either a)finish the job her mother didn't with Tony or b)Kill Bobby. Her 'men' have met untimely ends (Richie, Ralph)

- The FBI closing in. These little things (gun in the snow, French guy, etc) will build up and he'll get nabbed. Will he go on trial with Johnny, Feech, Bobby?, etc testifying against him? Will he enter witness protection to rat out the NY crew, so he and his family can move to Arizona (Finnerty fantasy life???)

- Chrissy is a goner. One way or another.

- With all of Paulie's 'issues' lately, will he snap? Will he start a major bloodbath with NY? Who was that guy in Kaisha in Phil's hospital room, the little Pesci-looking wiseguy starting shit with T? Will he make a move and take someone out? Sil? Paulie? Chris?

Can't wait...so many questions left unanswered and so many directions this show could take. I'm confident they'll do right though. People are so anxious that things haven't happened. SO much can and has happened in a single episode that they can certainly fit a TON into these final 8. Bada Bing! :cool:

I agree. If someone is waiting for big things to happen all the time and to have everything tied up, you should prepare yourselves to be disappointed based on the article I read in Entertainment Weekly. Chase said he tries to make it like real life where many things are left unanswered.

The guy in Phil's hospital room who was Pesci-looking is a guy in Phil's crew who an episode or so before was trying to convince Phil to kill Tony. Phil said he wouldn't whack a boss.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."